Don't have an account? Create one!

Drugs.

AuthorMessage
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
September 20th, 2008 at 12:47am
Mindfuck:
In comparison to alcohol, when you're on something like E or LSD, reality is so much more impaired than if you were drunk. Especially with hallucinogens like LSD. What may be a moving car which could harm you, might be a large fluffly marshmellow to someone on acid (and I think I've used that analogy before too - apologies haha). So you can see how it's easier to put yourself in more dangerous positions on some illegal drugs.

Yeah I get what you mean, but really the compression of Alcohol to a number of illegal substances is really a strong argument. Obviously, using anything legal or not in public could easily lead to problems, both minor and major. But I have no problem with private use? As a friend of mine explained in an English speech "there is no such thing as an angry stoner." I think that can actually be applied to quite a few drugs. Its interesting to think about how alcohol in general is totally accepted by society, but pot or acid really isn't.

I think that as time goes on and all the old up-tight politicians die off, there will be change in legislation so that it actually puts everything into perspective.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
September 20th, 2008 at 10:26am
I don't personally take illegal drugs, although I do drink, which is technicaly illegal until I'm 18. I don't see a problem with drinking in moderation. Yes it does do more damage to your body when you are young, but there are much worse ways of doing damage. I think that if you drink in moderation, ie not to get drunk, not everyday, not binging, then I think that it is fine for a 15/16 year old.

Regarding otehr illegal drugs, I'm in two minds. I know a lot of people who smoke a lot of pot, and they are only doing damage to themselves, therefore, it is their choice. Yes, it may lead to an increase in mental illness as tehy get older, but even then, tehy are more likely to hurt themselves than someone else. Also, I'm not sure you can od on pot.
Drugs which are seriously addicting, and cause more immediate damage, I think are much worse, because they cause damage to more people.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 20th, 2008 at 01:53pm
Honestly, unless your taking amazing hits of LSD, your better off in that state then drunk. While drunk, you have a hard time being in control. where as on LSD, you are just MORE heavily conscious of your surroundings. You may see things differently, but your a lot more functional. It does last longer (a typical trip is between 7-12 hours)

A huge assumption made about shrooms, LSD, Peyote, and sometimes even pot, as that when your doing said drugs, you see pink unicorns and the world resembles The Beatles Yellow Submarine. Most of it is color changes and moving patterns, this is assuming you take a normal dose anyway. Should you be taking large doses beyond your tolerance, you will probably see something more dramatic, but even in this case, people that stupid shouldn't be doing drugs and drinking anyway.

Ex I have never taken, I can't speak for that
Just wanted to clear that up ><
the greatest coward.
Bleeding on the Floor
the greatest coward.
September 20th, 2008 at 03:22pm
I've heard of many cases where people have remained in an LSD-induced state for a much longer time. It's kind of like artificial scizophrenia, and if you use it enough, it will blur the lines between reality and the fantasy created by the LSD (or so I've heard from friends).

Call me crazy, but I think cigarettes are what should be illegalized. They do NO good for anybody, and they harm the people around them. They cause birth defects, lung cancer, second hand smoke, etc. In fact, what we call secondhand smoke can affect the people around them more than the people actually smoking. See, the people around the smoker are breathing in what I believe is called sidestream smoke (I may be wrong about the name). That's the smoke that comes directly off the butt of the cigarette. It hasn't been filtered once, so it's the worst kind for you. Second hand smoke is what comes out of the smoker's mouth. It's been filtered twice, so it's not quite as bad. But the non-smoker is breathing in BOTH. Smoking doesnt give you any high, it doesnt make you feel better unless you're already addicted. That's my theory.

As for alcohol, what more can we do? That would be impossible to illegalize (ex. prohibition in the 20s).

The only drug-related thing I've ever done is vodka mixed into coca-cola.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 20th, 2008 at 03:48pm
Alcohol is worse then cigarettes as well, just because as per health effects, they are pretty equal, but people can do very dumb things drunk (and many already dumb people choose to drink)
Secondhand smoke is an overdone concept used to further the argument aginst smoking in general. I say this in the smoking thread but I will say it here too: Unless you live in a house where people are chain smoking 24/7 and have lived there a very long time, chances are are won't ever be harmed from secondhand smoke. Many people live unhealthy lives and choose to blame some kind of smoking from it, but the chances of even a smoker, if you divide the number of smokers by deaths, isn't as huge as they say. There are people who have smoked there whole lives and die of old age because they lived a healthy lifestyle.

Your trip won't last much longer then 12 hours even if you use a lot, unless you use an amount close to retarded, in which case, you probably shouldn't be using any drug (we are talking 17+ blotters on a low tolerance kind of stupid) It is possible to be "trapped in a trip" so to speak under these conditions.
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
October 2nd, 2008 at 07:26pm
I used to be Straight Edge, then wanted to experiment with drugs.
I drank, I smoked Pot, I snorted Speed.

The BIGGEST mistakes I've ever made.

Straight Edge is seriously the way to go dude.

"I'm a person just like you
But I've got better things to do
Than sit around and fuck my head
Hang out with the living dead
Snort white shit up my nose
Pass out at the shows
I don't even think about speed
That's something I just don't need

I've got the straight edge"
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 2nd, 2008 at 10:42pm
dana eats dreams:
Straight Edge is seriously the way to go dude.
For you, maybe. But straight edge is a lifestyle that does not suit everyone, so I don't see how "it's the way to go" can be applied to everyone.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
October 2nd, 2008 at 11:25pm
^ I"m with Mindfuck. I also don't think that anybody who, by law, is not allowed to consume alcohol, tobacco or illicit drugs, can say they're 'edge'. So what, a five-year-old who's never been drunk, can hang out on the playground bragging to his mates that he's 'straight-edge' because he doesn't do drugs?

It's ridiculous. When you're old enough to legally make the choice not to consume alcohol or drugs, THEN you can say you're sXe.
Until then, you're either abiding by the law, or breaking it.
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
October 3rd, 2008 at 03:05am
^^i agree, i know people my age who call themselves straightedge and they cant be, all they are being is law-abiding. Until you turn 18 or 21 (depending what country your in)there is no stragiht edge.
And i dont see how people can believe all the funny stories they hear of people going really wacked out on just pot like tey see in movies, me and my friends do pot and we are never as weird as that, i think people need to be properly educated about drugs and their effects and learn studff like Die!Die!Die has said, not all the sacare tactics they give people.
Give people the truth and elt them make the decision about whether they wantto do drugs or not, its not up to the government and organisations and peopel to feed people lies in a hope of scaring them away. Its only making people less aware of drugs, which is the opposite of waht these government plans ad stuff are suppposed tobe doing.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
October 4th, 2008 at 02:26am
Cigarettes And Suicide:
^ I"m with Mindfuck. I also don't think that anybody who, by law, is not allowed to consume alcohol, tobacco or illicit drugs, can say they're 'edge'. So what, a five-year-old who's never been drunk, can hang out on the playground bragging to his mates that he's 'straight-edge' because he doesn't do drugs?

It's ridiculous. When you're old enough to legally make the choice not to consume alcohol or drugs, THEN you can say you're sXe.
Until then, you're either abiding by the law, or breaking it.

But the world doesn't work that way. It doesn't matter if you're underage to drink or smoke, if you want to, there's a way to do it. I've been able to in the past, and my age never mattered. Being straight edge can happen at any age, just because it isn't considered "legal" doesn't change that you're choosing not to consume certain substances. If I wanted to, I could go to the right people and buy weed again someday. Or I could choose not to. Being young doesn't demean the choice.
teenagers.
Jazz Hands
teenagers.
October 6th, 2008 at 04:02pm
i think its all bad. bad for you mentally, physically, emotionally, and it effects how you look. i dont wanna be going around looking like someone beat my face into gravel for long-term.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 6th, 2008 at 06:17pm
obsessive disorder.:
i think its all bad. bad for you mentally, physically, emotionally, and it effects how you look. i dont wanna be going around looking like someone beat my face into gravel for long-term.

This post fails so hard
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
October 6th, 2008 at 07:04pm
^ Chyeah lol. That haggard look usually comes from years and years of methamphetamine abuse, not the occasional bong or snort of coke.
Guess what, you can also get that look from drinking too much (which most people think is moderate drinking - some studies have deemed anything more than two drinks a day as 'binge drinking' because the effects are so much worse than just one drink, or better, none).

I'm not trying to encourage drug use, but yeah, when you see photos of people who have no teeth, scabs all over their face, sunken eyes and wrinkled skin, and look about forty years older than they actually are, that's usually meth abuse (speed, ice, etc).
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 6th, 2008 at 08:20pm
Mindfuck:
[font=5][size=85]^It is important to know, though, (and I think I've mentioned it before) that when you're on the drug - whether it be E, LSD or whatever - you have the potential to do some incredibly stupid things, which is usually why they're labelled dangerous. Alcohol wares off quite quickly (in terms of drunkeness) in comparison on something like LSD, so if you're on LSD the chances of you harming yourself / others or putting yourself in danger is more likely.
with alcohol, your body can only take so much, women get drunk then men, you blackout so hopefully you can't drink anymore before you've over done it and either die or something. When I'm drunk, well for me it use to be like a beer and a half and I'd be drunk as hell, now I can drink about 3 before I'm falling over drunk. When I am drunk, I'll only probably be really drunk for maybe alittle more then an hour maybe two, when I'm high off something, it can be hours, like pot last you about 6 hours, acid maybe 12. the thing is with drugs, it takes alot more till you pass out, and its so much easier to overdose. the number one most over dosed drug on is herion, because with each hit you need alittle bit more to get high till it gets to the piont where if you don't have it for more then 4 hours after your last hit, you get sick and it gets you don't get high anymore, you need to be normal. It is really risky business, and it isn't worth it

Mindfuck:

In comparison to alcohol, when you're on something like E or LSD, reality is so much more impaired than if you were drunk. Especially with hallucinogens like LSD. What may be a moving car which could harm you, might be a large fluffly marshmellow to someone on acid (and I think I've used that analogy before too - apologies haha). So you can see how it's easier to put yourself in more dangerous positions on some illegal drugs.[/size][/font]
defidently, I'm not gonna disagree, I've fallen asleep while I was high, thats something you don't want to do. There is alot of risk with doing any drug, and with hallucinates, it can be really scary shit if someone is on "a bad trip"
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 6th, 2008 at 10:45pm
My Dear Delirious:
Mindfuck:
[font=5][size=85]^It is important to know, though, (and I think I've mentioned it before) that when you're on the drug - whether it be E, LSD or whatever - you have the potential to do some incredibly stupid things, which is usually why they're labelled dangerous. Alcohol wares off quite quickly (in terms of drunkeness) in comparison on something like LSD, so if you're on LSD the chances of you harming yourself / others or putting yourself in danger is more likely.
with alcohol, your body can only take so much, women get drunk then men, you blackout so hopefully you can't drink anymore before you've over done it and either die or something. When I'm drunk, well for me it use to be like a beer and a half and I'd be drunk as hell, now I can drink about 3 before I'm falling over drunk. When I am drunk, I'll only probably be really drunk for maybe alittle more then an hour maybe two, when I'm high off something, it can be hours, like pot last you about 6 hours, acid maybe 12. the thing is with drugs, it takes alot more till you pass out, and its so much easier to overdose. the number one most over dosed drug on is herion, because with each hit you need alittle bit more to get high till it gets to the piont where if you don't have it for more then 4 hours after your last hit, you get sick and it gets you don't get high anymore, you need to be normal. It is really risky business, and it isn't worth it

Mindfuck:

In comparison to alcohol, when you're on something like E or LSD, reality is so much more impaired than if you were drunk. Especially with hallucinogens like LSD. What may be a moving car which could harm you, might be a large fluffly marshmellow to someone on acid (and I think I've used that analogy before too - apologies haha). So you can see how it's easier to put yourself in more dangerous positions on some illegal drugs.[/size][/font]
defidently, I'm not gonna disagree, I've fallen asleep while I was high, thats something you don't want to do. There is alot of risk with doing any drug, and with hallucinates, it can be really scary shit if someone is on "a bad trip"

I just wanted to point out that unless your a complete moron, everything that you and the person you quoted is false. Maybe you would know that if you have tried E or LSD. I have tried both. When it comes to how a person is able to associate with reality on different drugs, the only truth comes from EXPERIENCE.

The same is with a bad trip. People create their own bad trips based on factors THEY have control of, such as their location or who they are with. If your dumb enough to open up the chance of a bad trip, you shouldn't be doing acid.

I'v seen/have experienced people getting raped, beaten, yelled at, and generally fucked up on alcohol or by someone using. I have never seen anyone misuse LSD, or put themselves or others at risk.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 7th, 2008 at 02:24am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
I just wanted to point out that unless your a complete moron, everything that you and the person you quoted is false. Maybe you would know that if you have tried E or LSD. I have tried both. When it comes to how a person is able to associate with reality on different drugs, the only truth comes from EXPERIENCE.

The same is with a bad trip. People create their own bad trips based on factors THEY have control of, such as their location or who they are with. If your dumb enough to open up the chance of a bad trip, you shouldn't be doing acid.

I'v seen/have experienced people getting raped, beaten, yelled at, and generally fucked up on alcohol or by someone using. I have never seen anyone misuse LSD, or put themselves or others at risk.
See, you misunderstand me. You seem to think I've never experimented with drugs. I have. E, LSD, pot are the main ones I've sampled, and I have to say, my experiences obviously differ from yours.

I don't do E or smoke pot anymore, but I'm not against LSD. In fact, I agree that it's safer than alcohol. I agreed with you a few pages back, in fact:

Mindfuck:
I agree with you, for the most part. I believe LSD is safer than a lot of other drugs. I even believe it is safer than alcohol in terms of psychological damage to the brain.

But I *do* know from watching one of my very best friends on acid that it can give way to putting yourself in dangerous situations. I wasn't on LSD or any drug at this moment, but she was on E *and* LSD. We were crossing a busy road to get to the train station, and she was almost killed. She probably would have been killed if no one was with her. I was texting someone at the time, so my focus was not completely on her (I was meant to be her 'safety net'), and she was playing chicken with the traffic. At one point (and this is when I noticed her) she was lying down on the side of the road next to a taxi. She was laughing her fucking head off, completely unaware that she was lying on a busy road and could've been killed or injured.

I've been on LSD, and even though I don't *think* I've ever put myself in a particularly dangerous situation, I'm not going to be ignorant and say it doesn't happen. It does. As much as LSD is a wonderful drug (and I personally feel the pros outweigh the cons), I admit that some people act stupid on it. There's no denying it.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 7th, 2008 at 02:34am
E and LSD is one of the most dangerous common cocktails.

Tell your friend never to do it again

She/he could have died

*Just to let you know

/I wasn't really looking pages back. it's been awhile.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 7th, 2008 at 02:57am
I advised her not to do it in the first place, but she's an adult. I'm not one to mother her.

But that doesn't stop the fact that some people are crazy nutters on LSD. The drug isn't perfect.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 7th, 2008 at 07:35pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:

I never have tried E or LSD, but I have done alot of pot and use to pop pills everyday. And you can't say nothing bad has ever happened to someone while they were on LSD. I had a friend who was dating a guy who did alot of acid, he would be high for about twelve hours, then if he cracked his neck, he'd be high agian for hours on end. And while he was high, his trips would constantly be changing from good to bad, he was an idiot, I'm not gonna deny it, but he'd be in his house and end up stabbing his leg cause he thought an octopus was grabbing it and stuff like that.
XCyanideSuicideX
Fabulous Killjoy
XCyanideSuicideX
October 15th, 2008 at 06:30am
i myself do drugs... well i smoke pot thats all
i have tried extasy but its not all that exciting
i would rather stick to my weed thanks that
other shit is just stupid you never actually know what
is actually in all that stuff so grow your own weed you
will know whats in it nothing to worrry about...