Don't have an account? Create one!

Illegal Immigration

AuthorMessage
cocorosie.
In a Bullet's Embrace
cocorosie.
June 11th, 2006 at 11:17pm
=/
if they go, they at least should know what they're doing... and know a bit of english, i agree.
but it's not to hate people who go to us o.o
(only if they go illegally yes..)
Miss Americvnt
Bleeding on the Floor
Miss Americvnt
June 23rd, 2006 at 04:10am
Rawr.:
I live in Houston, TX where there's illegal immigrants everywhere, so this issue hits really close to home.

I am pretty split on this whole illegal immigrant thing, because for one, I have friends who are illegal immigrants. Good friends. If they were ever taken away from me, it would break my heart.

But there is a limit to my opinion. I live really near (practically in) the more Hispanic area in Houston, and the crime rate there is through-the-roof. They find dead bodies weekly, and it seems as if women who have been raped/sexually harassed come forward daily.

I'm not saying this to offend anybody who is of Hispanic descent, but this has to be stopped. I don't know how, but something has to be done.

I live there too! And I'm of Mexican descent, but I'm not offended. I don't know much about this topic. I just think that it needs to be easier to become a US citizen, and maybe the illegal immigration would at least slow down by a margin. Maybe. I know a guy who tried, but didn't become a US citizen until 10 years later. Go figure. I'm not saying it's all the US's fault. It's not. But why does it have to be so complicated? These people want a better life, and throwing all these things at them won't help. They're going to take the easy route, and if that means not even bothering with the government, so be it. I'm not saying it's right, though. In fact, there's a lot of immigrants that I find very rude and lazy, and I'm tired of it. The only thing that bothers me is that a lot of people I know complain that all the illegal aliens are taking their jobs, which isn't all true. My mom works with this woman whose husband turned down a job because only paid $11 an hour. He was one of the complainers. In most cases, you send an immigrant and an American to a site, hand him a shovel and tell him to dig a ditch, which one would do it? Not all Americans are that way, I know. There's a lot of good people willing to do that job or to help someone out. I know that. Actually, speaking as a Mexican (part anyway), it irks me that when I hear about illegal immigrants, it's only the Hispanics they talk about. What's up with that? *laughs at herself for getting all defensive* Anyway. That's all I have to say. I know it's not so elaborate, but it's what I feel, and I'll stand by it no matter what.
secret_goldfish
Shotgun Sinner
secret_goldfish
June 24th, 2006 at 11:14pm
i know this brilliant man, Dan-el Padilla-Peralta, who's family immagrated to the United States illegally. He grew up in a homeless shelter. when he was 12 he earned a full scholarship to a 30, 000 dollar private school and graduated from Princeton top of his class. He now earned a road scholarship in europe and after such is done the government will not allow him to come back to the United States. this has become an issue and was in a newspaper.
MadHatterMCR
Bleeding on the Floor
MadHatterMCR
June 26th, 2006 at 12:41am
The only time I'm for illegal immigration is if a person (or group of people) are being persecuted for stupid reasons such as religion or race (like when Hitler killed the Jews).

Do not get me confused with being racist, but I think that if you come here without applying for your greencard or whatever the legal system tells you to do, you need to go back to where you came from.

As for legal immigration, I'm all for it.
House of Dominique
Thinking Happy Thoughts
House of Dominique
June 26th, 2006 at 03:21pm
I'm not being a hypocrite when I say that I'm american.. because my family is part Native American.. so I kinda belong here.. but if it weren't for immigrants... then I wouldn't be here.. because I'm part French, Scottish.. and other stuff.

But.. I live in Louisiana... SO we have a lot of Mexican immigrants.. I don't dislike Mexicans though.. because I love my best friend Bob [Tyler] and he's a Mexican.. but there's been a lot of reportings of rape and whatnot.. adn New Orleans was a bad place before.. but it's been worse since the storm. I kind of blame the illegal immigration, because.. sure.. some of them are working really hard to make a living and help out the state.. but a lot of them are moving here because they know they can get away with 'working' but they really are hurting our state..

I just don't like it when they wink at you and your best friend in the mall.. Shocked
MadHatterMCR
Bleeding on the Floor
MadHatterMCR
June 26th, 2006 at 06:53pm
I'm also from the south and my part time job is a team leader at a fast food restaurant (I'm sixteen, so don't expect any glamour from me).
We get a lot, and I really mean A LOT of Mexicans daily and half of them can't speak English. Most of them are also there illegally. Its really a pain to try and serve someone who isn't supposed to be there in the first place and can't tell you what they want anyway.
It really squicks me.
I know some really nice Mexicans (there's on family in particular) who are just the best people ever. It would be awesome if they applied for citizenship and then were allowed to stay.
But then there are also all of the horrible people who sneak into the country. America doesn't need any more bad guys.
I don’t want to waste any more of the country’s money, but we really need some more people to guard the borders and KEEP THEM OUT.
Hip -Like Badass-
Salute You in Your Grave
Hip -Like Badass-
June 26th, 2006 at 07:00pm
I live in Arizona. My grandma lives in Sieraa Vista, and she has had illegals sleep and eat in her car. I know Mexico isn't a great country, but I think that if you're going to expect all the rules and laws and rights of a country, you can't come into it illegally. Yes, the citizenship test is difficult and I think it should be made easier. But all in all, don't come here illegally. It's ruining our economy.
MadHatterMCR
Bleeding on the Floor
MadHatterMCR
June 26th, 2006 at 09:05pm
The test is hard. My aunt from India studied what seemed like forever to pass it, but she did and has been a legal resident for years.
Everyone who comes into this country should pass the test, or at least try to pass it. If they fail, give them another shot and send them home until they can pass.
It IS ruining the economy, and that is my main concern.
crap at guitar
Killjoy
crap at guitar
July 3rd, 2006 at 03:22am
I was born in the Philippines and I moved to australia. I think illegal immigration is sometimes good and bad because if they stay in their country, there's no future for them but they may have a chance to be more rich in the country that they migrate to. But then again, language barriers, crime rate, stealing jobs is a big issue as well. For legal migration, why not?
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
July 3rd, 2006 at 03:57am
Real life is undefined.:
How do you define an American, anyway?
I would say someone who is either a citizen or is becoming a citizen.
It really has nothing to do with your geneology. I'm italian/spanish, but I was born on American soil. So, I'm an American.
My mom moved here from Italy years before she hit puberty. Now, she's fourty-two. Her parents applied to be citizens, and now they are.
phantom.
Shotgun Sinner
phantom.
July 5th, 2006 at 04:20pm
secret_goldfish:
i know this brilliant man, Dan-el Padilla-Peralta, who's family immagrated to the United States illegally. He grew up in a homeless shelter. when he was 12 he earned a full scholarship to a 30, 000 dollar private school and graduated from Princeton top of his class. He now earned a road scholarship in europe and after such is done the government will not allow him to come back to the United States. this has become an issue and was in a newspaper.

See, that is so freaking rubbish! People who have given back to the community and done such great things like that shouldn't be kicked out!
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
July 5th, 2006 at 04:25pm
Im against illegal immigration. Why should they get to come into a different country and take our jobs and homes? Plus, they can commit crimes and not get arrested for them since their not from this country (or thats how it is here). And I know alot of you are thinking, "Most illegal immigrants in America dont have good jobs.", but its still something that could be helping feed that family that worked for their green card or was born in the country. Sorry, just wanted to state that. Go ahead and flame me for it, but thats how I see it.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
July 5th, 2006 at 04:30pm
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:
Plus, they can commit crimes and not get arrested for them since their not from this country

Wow. That's so untrue, it's not even funny.

No matter where you're from, or where you are, you will never get away with crime just because you're an illegal immigrant.
Never.
Detention Boy.
Shotgun Sinner
Detention Boy.
July 5th, 2006 at 04:57pm
I agree with Yara. And as soon as you're caught you get deported to your home country, no matter how bad the situation over there is. And then you do your time in jail.

Obviously, illegal imigration is anything but an improvement for the one who's imigrating:

If they're found, they'll get deported.

They can't get a decent job because a decent job requiers personal information and a legal stay in the country.

Instead they work in sweatshops and get abused. Not much of an improvement, right?

On the other hand, I think that the imigration laws should be more flexible.
I mean, waiting for a green card takes forever! That's not fair, because many of those who had requested it died before they recieved it. That's really unfair.
Miss Americvnt
Bleeding on the Floor
Miss Americvnt
July 7th, 2006 at 02:29am
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:
Why should they get to come into a different country and take our jobs and homes?

I don't see how they're "our" jobs. The jobs are meant for those who truly want and need it. There are a lot of legal citizens that refuse some of the jobs that illegal immigrants have right now.

To put it simply, my opinion is the government should make it a tad bit easier to get a green card and whatnot. It would cut illegal immigration down for the most part, I think. But then again, I'm very naive, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.
Bleeding.On.The.Floorx
Fabulous Killjoy
Bleeding.On.The.Floorx
July 7th, 2006 at 12:33pm
i'm not being nasty, but half of the people coming over to england shouldnt be. i mean, there supposed to go to the nearest safe country to them. but we're lumbered with loads of Polish people.. what the hell? yeah. i just dont think its right, the government can afford to house and clothe and educate these people, but not the english born homeless people, how does that work..?
ChokeMe
Fabulous Killjoy
ChokeMe
July 7th, 2006 at 05:56pm
Kiss Me,Tory:
it`s bad. unless you come in the U.S legally
then i think they should be forced to leave.
they don`t deserve to be over here,they take
jobs that alot of American`s need and now because
there is so many of them,everything comes in english and spanish. it pisses me off that they get mad because we can`t understand them but this is the U.S ,our language is ENGLISH. not SPANISH.

exactly...our language is english....they're the ones who come here...so they need to learn english....we have to learn their language to use when we go to mexico and the same should go for them.

or...if they expect us to learn spanish for them...then they should do the same for us and learn english.
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
July 7th, 2006 at 05:59pm
My brother was complaining about that same thing.
He works with this girl that doesn't know english and she gets him in trouble by saying he didn't tell her what to do.
she just doesn't want to learn english so she can get paid for doing nothing.
than his boss said write it down and my brother said he wouldn't. that she needed to learn english or should get a job where they speak spanish
Day_Dreamer_girl
Motor Baby
Day_Dreamer_girl
July 7th, 2006 at 06:22pm
From what i've seen alot of them actually try to learn english so they can get a job.

Personnaly I don't think they take jobs from any American becouse the jobs they usually get are ones where they are in the hot sun all day or cleaning while most Americans go for air conditioned places and really good pay.
I mean yeah there are some immigrants who don't work or who steal but you shouldn't let that be the reason you don't like immigrants cuz there are americans that also do the same.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
July 8th, 2006 at 08:48am
Generally, many immigrants I know can speak English really well. Usually better than me.