Don't have an account? Create one!

Illegal Immigration

AuthorMessage
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
April 6th, 2007 at 06:52pm
mcrlover918:
illegal immigrating=BAD nono! i mean it has the word ILLEGAL in it there is nothing good about it. illegals are killing the u.s.a. they are taking citizens jobs and we have to pay taxes for them its not fair and what about the people at ellis island, immigrants couldnt just come in illegally, they didnt call ellis island "the island of tears" for nothing, letting illegals come in would make the tears of the immigrants a long time ago be cried in vain a lot of the LEGAL immigrants had to be put through crap to become a citizen, so its not fair for illegals to just waltz write in and be accepted with open arms
LEGAL immigrating= perfectly fine

1. Immigrating legally into the United States is extremely difficult. I think it's rather rude to assume that illegal immigrants wouldn't come legally if that was a feasible option.
2. They are taking the jobs citizens don't want. Most Americans have a rather high opinion of themselves and would rather be out of work and complaining than picking lettuce for a few bucks an hour.
3. Quite a few illegal immigrants pay taxes but don't redeem benefits, like social security etc, because they're afraid of being caught.

Easy Mac:
I think it is bad because they could be a terrorist or something.

All of the terrorists involved in the 9/11 attacks entered the US perfectly legally.
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
April 6th, 2007 at 08:41pm
its good that they take the jobs americans dont want.
and try to better themselves. i think all people should have a shot at freedom and many dont have the money necessary to become a citizen because they are working and they might not know the language because they usually get jobs with other people speaking the same language. but then i think its stupid how they do come here illegally and some of them actually steal real citizens identities to buy stuff. thats just a load of BS to me. i think if they wanted to really better themselves then work hard and dont hurt someone else financially.
also its ok that they come here to beter themselves but a while back illegal immigrants were protesting that they should get the same rights as citizens. that is very stupid because they obviously came to this country illegally and have no rights because they shouldnt even technically be here.
theres good and bad to illegal immigrantion.
sass attack.
Demolition Lover
sass attack.
April 8th, 2007 at 11:12pm
Easy Mac:
I think it is bad because they could be a terrorist or something.

Don't you think it's wrong to judge a book by it's cover ?
For all you know these people could be perfectly nice civilians wanting a better future for themselves and for their families.
They could be escaping from their homeland because it's no longer safe to live in, or something is threatening their livelyhood there that they are forced to leave and look for somewhere else to live.

I completely agree with Resurgam [ sorry, I don't know your name ].
Applying for citizenship in another country is hard, especially in the United States.
Try putting yourself in their shoes before claiming that migrants take your jobs and your taxes. ( im not singling anyone out with this comment ) ^^
All they're trying to do is get on with life, atleast the ones who get up and get jobs are earning their wages rather than stealing or doing illegal trade.

Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 11th, 2007 at 08:26am
I dunno, i mean we all should have rights to do what we want in life, if the dudes and dudettes are bringing illeagal drugs into our country or other illeagal stuff then yeahh, but they take the jobs that the rest of us dont want, they could be trying to get out of countries with war or trying to provide a better life fro their family..
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
April 11th, 2007 at 02:57pm
Well, i'm not sure what I think really, I mean, it's good that they take the crap jobs no one wants, but here in the U.K, There are just too many.
The population is growing much much faster than people are dying, thanks to immigration.
And, some of them can't be bothered to learn english, thee was this thing on the news, and some of them said that because england was a multicultual an free country, we HAVE to provide them with translations/lators.
But why should we, after all, it's not cheap, would the money not be better off helping hospitals or something?
Hopeless_Hearts
Joining The Black Parade
Hopeless_Hearts
April 11th, 2007 at 06:45pm
I dont really know why its so "illegal" I mean there is so much room in this country and they reserve for people who were born here. They're just a different race and honestly I view that as racism. Just search them before they come in and its dandy but they have to KILL people just for coming in this country...god
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 7th, 2007 at 08:02pm
Atari__:
I find it good and bad.

The Good:
Immigrants usually take the low wage jobs American's don't want.
They try to get a good education, unlike the few kids who rather screw themselves over and just have a beer instead.
They get their work done, no complaints; because when they come here they try to better themselves.

The Bad:
There are the few immigrants that make all the rest look bad, like bringing in illegal drugs or starting gangs to 'represent' their country.
Some of them are flat out lazy, and just come to come I guess; I know a few who actually do this.
The country has overpopulated a bit, and the immigration should slow down a little.

agree. its crazy about how many people live in this country, have you relized how overpopulated this country will be in about twenty years. also they usually help pay taxes, but they also try to get free lunch for their kids and other things like that
Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 11th, 2007 at 04:06pm
Bottom line...if you sneak over here, YOU DONT BELONG. GO BACK, FILL OUT THE DAMNED PAPER WORK, THEN COME BACK. THERE IS NO TECHNICALLITY TO BEING AMERICAN LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 11th, 2007 at 04:24pm
^Um, yeah, it's not that easy.

It's not like, "la-de-da, I could just fill out some simple paperwork and get in legally, but I can't be bothered, so I'll just sneak in". Immigration invloves quite a lot of paperwork, as well as long waiting periods, getting people to vouch for you, etc, etc. Some people are too desparately poor to take the chance of doing all that, especially when they might not even be allowed in. They just want to work; I don't think that's so terrible.
Helena and Hearts
Jazz Hands
Helena and Hearts
June 14th, 2007 at 12:39pm
why shouldn't they be allowed to live wherever they want as long as they avide by the laws?
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 14th, 2007 at 12:41pm
^Huh?
And chatspeak is not allowed on the Discussion Board.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
June 14th, 2007 at 01:33pm
Toxic Waste:
Erry Ishmas:
I also, and this I stand firmy, if they want to be in America, they have to learn how to speak english- if my mom could do it in the 1960's when they didn't have ESL programs, or tests in both languages- anyone can.

That's what my family think. Especially my mom. She works with Hispanics at a Middle School, and most of their parents don't speak English. It gets her mad that she has to write the letters going home in Spanish just so they can read them. It's not fair that she has to do that. I've said when my brother and I were talking about it that if I were in their country I'd learn their language, so they should learn ours.
I'm fine with immigration - I know a few people that are from eastern Europe.

All I say is that they come legally and learn English. Than I'm fine ^.^

There is no official language in the US - They're allowed to speak whatever the hell they want. They don't need to learn English. Well that's in America anyway...
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
June 14th, 2007 at 05:11pm
Atari__:
Immigrants usually take the low wage jobs American's don't want.
If you are a citizen and do not have a proper education, a low-wage job is a million times better then none at all.
My parents swept floors in the pub they lived above and we needed the money badly. Imagine if they never got that job- I'd still be in Japan.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 14th, 2007 at 05:20pm
^But most Americans have far too high an opinion of themselves to take crappy jobs like the ones illegal immigrants usually do. The American attitude is that they "deserve" to make a good living without putting much effort in, and a lot of Americans would be far to indignant to actually go out in the sun and pick lettuce for most of the day with few breaks and for next to no pay.

I do understand what you mean, but to be honest I think if all the illegal immigrants were carted off and their jobs open, unemployed Americans wouldn't exactly be jumping to take their place.
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
June 14th, 2007 at 05:27pm
To be honest, if you are going to come to America, the least you could do is learn English.
If a illegal immigrant can't understand what I'm speaking, then they shouldn't be here.

They shouldn't be here anyway! They are ILLEGAL. Like, against the law. They get away
with the law because to this country they aren't even anything.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
June 14th, 2007 at 06:22pm
warumono.:
To be honest, if you are going to come to America, the least you could do is learn English.
If a illegal immigrant can't understand what I'm speaking, then they shouldn't be here.

They shouldn't be here anyway! They are ILLEGAL. Like, against the law. They get away
with the law because to this country they aren't even anything.

They don't have to learn English. There's no official language in America. It's like requiring everybody to speak Spanish. Some legal immigrants don't know English. Are you gonna deport them, too? How about you just deport everybody that's not Japanese...
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
June 14th, 2007 at 06:55pm
Oxycontin Genocide.:

They don't have to learn English. There's no official language in America. It's like requiring everybody to speak Spanish. Some legal immigrants don't know English. Are you gonna deport them, too? How about you just deport everybody that's not Japanese...
Legal immigrants have to know enough english to get by.
Obviously you were born here, I'm assuming. But you have
to take a language test so they know you can understand English.

And yes, there is a offical language of America.
If you went to somewhere like Italy, would you expect them to adjust to your language?
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
June 14th, 2007 at 07:00pm
Oxycontin Genocide.:
How about you just deport everybody that's not Japanese...
And I found that kind of offensive...
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 14th, 2007 at 07:13pm
warumono.:
Oxycontin Genocide.:

Legal immigrants have to know enough english to get by.
Obviously you were born here, I'm assuming. But you have
to take a language test so they know you can understand English.

And yes, there is a offical language of America.
If you went to somewhere like Italy, would you expect them to adjust to your language?

Actually it's not. It's the official language for legal documents, but there's no official spoken language. And I don't think Italy can really be compared to the US - America is a country of immigrants, and the culture, language included, has always been dictated by that.

It would be nice if everyone who came to America was totally fluent in English, but it can't be demanded. I didn't know you had to take a test to pass immigration, though (my parents are Irish so of course that wouldn't be a problem). It does make sense.
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
June 14th, 2007 at 07:19pm
Fezzik:

Actually it's not. It's the official language for legal documents, but there's no official spoken language. And I don't think Italy can really be compared to the US - America is a country of immigrants, and the culture, language included, has always been dictated by that.

It would be nice if everyone who came to America was totally fluent in English, but it can't be demanded. I didn't know you had to take a test to pass immigration, though (my parents are Irish so of course that wouldn't be a problem). It does make sense.
America is no culture. It's all different cultures. But most of the country speaks English, just as they did when English took over. I think that's how it should be- as it originally was.

I mean, if someone speaks Spanish then good for them. I have a hard time with Englsih but I try. I leanred the language before I came here, and I am leanring it still now. But we're missing the point- if they are illegal, why should we adjust to them? Why should we give them our jobs?