Don't have an account? Create one!

Illegal Immigration

AuthorMessage
Drunk-
Joining The Black Parade
Drunk-
August 4th, 2007 at 09:14am
Oh, i hate this topic everyone ends up having a go but heres what i think....
ITS A FREE FUCKING WORLD!!!!!!!! If i can go all over it and live in other countries if i want/need to no fucker is stopping me. Its the whole 'type-cast' idea of Immigration that incites hatred, if we don't get the job we applied for and someone foriegn got it no matter how long they'd been living in our country we would say 'Argh ruddy immigrants, send 'em back to where they came from'
Well that is fucked up! I see it basically as rasicm and hate it I fucking hate it!
Yep... thats it!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Evil or Very Mad
Pilgrim.
Salute You in Your Grave
Pilgrim.
August 4th, 2007 at 11:28am
^Swearing is not allowed on the Discussion Board! Please read the rules before posting.

As for the subject itself, I'm lucky enough to live in a country where illegal immigration is not a major problem. I understand that under certain circumstances people have to leave their homes and families and flee to another country to stay alive. These refugees often come to the country illegally, but their status changes as they get to seek for an official asylum.

As an EU citizen I'm well aware of the issues in non-EU countries and new member countries, whose citizens seek either asylum or simply a better life in the EU. Now I don't have problems with asylum seekers - they usually have a good enough reason to have left their country. As for the others, my symphaties vary. I understand why people try to make a better living in another country, illegally and trying to escape the officials. However, a lot of illegal immigrants may end up working in illegal jobs, and by doing that they end up supporting criminal organisations. THAT I have huge problems against. Not all of them do that, I know, and some do it against their will, but the problem stil remains.
ChildVision
Really Not Okay
ChildVision
August 8th, 2007 at 03:26pm
i find it good and bad

Good:
they get a new chance at life in prob a better country

bad:
people take advantage of them and give them bad jobs becuase their so afraid of gettign caught that they will take anything
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 16th, 2007 at 06:07am
as far as America goes with immigration, everyone here are immigrants!!! unless your whole family married Native Americans all the way up to you, than you have blood from another country somewhere.

and since when did we have the power to say "no you cant come here....you can only go there....you're not welcome here" we stole the land from the natives and we had no right to do it, we didnt have the right then and we dont have the right of exclusivity now. so why cant others come here?

and though we may speak in different voices, and tongues, we are the same. so why cant we live in the same place?
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 16th, 2007 at 07:03am
...Since population started becoming an issue, actually.

Most of the people who come here illegally are space fillers. The family live as the poorest of poor, and im sorry to say, usually don't contribute to society.

In a country that can HARDLY sustain it's own population, we shouldn't be expected to care for any more then we do, just like we shouldn't be expected to take care of other countries problems when we have our own to deal with.

Back in the day, the US population and poverty was more stable. We didn't take up as much space, and people were moving into the country. None of these things are the case these days. It isn't responsible to assume that we can take care of everyone here. Americans come first.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 16th, 2007 at 11:57am
Okay, I live in Florida and we have a very large immigrant population. The biggest percentage is from a Hispanic country, be it Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Colombia, whatever. Then there are the Cubans (yes, I realize they are Hispanic also) and Haitiians looking for asylum, and for better conditions. I myself am white and born in America but lived in Germany as a child, so had to learn English when my family moved back here. I also speak Spanish, I've pretty much been forced to learn it in my job where a large percentage of the parents I deal with don't speak English because they are immigrants. I am working on learning Creole and Japanese.

A lot of the problems here stem from immigration. Our schools are just not equipped to handle the number of children that we have in this state. It is a sad fact that many illegal immigrants will try to have a child as soon as they get into the country because the child will be a legal citizen and their chances of being deported will go down. So not only are there more children than there are spaces in school, they don't speak English and the schools have to use their already limited resources to purchase books in English *and* Spanish (too bad if you speak any other language - you *have* to learn English) and hire para-professionals to tutor the children in their home language since every bit of school funding comes off of one standardized test which is given only in English. So immigrant children are set up to fail and the schools fail with them as their funding gets cut.

Medical care also suffers. Without a "legal" job they have no insurance. At the beginning of the school year there were free clinics set up to give low-income children the necessary immunizations for school. People complained because they had to wait 10 - 12 hours for their turn, they ran out of vaccinations, the toilets backed up and there was a stench, so on, so forth. You walk into any emergency room anywhere in this state and you see the people who can't afford health care using them as doctor's offices because they *have* to treat anyone who walks in, then their costs are deferred to people who do have insurance because they raise the prices on everything to try to make back what they lose. Free clinics are constantly campaigning for funds because the need outsupplies the ability of the clinic.

Food banks are the same as well. They only have so much to go around and it's never enough for the people who need it. They have had to make their offerings smaller and smaller as to ensure that everyone in need gets a little something.

There are also cultural issues. You read a lot of stories about children of Haitiian immigrants being taken by DCF because they are punished severely, which is part of their culture. Every night I have to listen to my neighbor's music because in Puerto Rico the families who have radios will set them out on the porch for everyone to hear. Personally, I can't stand their music. I have my own big screen teevee with surround sound speakers. If I wanted to listen to that crap, I would. They don't see anything wrong with it, they think they are being polite. Granted, these are relatively small issues, but issues nonetheless.

And please don't say that every crime is from immigration. It may seem that way when you are in an area where there is a large population of immigrants, but there are just as many Americans committing crimes, they just don't get as much publicity because it doesn't sell papers.

I have absolutely no problem with legal immigration. As far as I'm concerned, the US has an open door policy for immigration as long as it's done legally. You hear the odd story here and there of people who were given a hard time but on the whole we accept thousands of new citizens every year through legal immigration. They can then work, pay into Social Security, pay taxes, have health insurance, and live a good life.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 16th, 2007 at 11:10pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
...Since population started becoming an issue, actually.

Most of the people who come here illegally are space fillers. The family live as the poorest of poor, and im sorry to say, usually don't contribute to society.

In a country that can HARDLY sustain it's own population, we shouldn't be expected to care for any more then we do, just like we shouldn't be expected to take care of other countries problems when we have our own to deal with.

Back in the day, the US population and poverty was more stable. We didn't take up as much space, and people were moving into the country. None of these things are the case these days. It isn't responsible to assume that we can take care of everyone here. Americans come first.

we arent caring for everyone else, we dont really care for each other here, its pretty much everyone for themselves here, so we can make some room
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 16th, 2007 at 11:13pm
That's not true. The government does have duty to us financially and otherwise, as we also have duty to eachother.

Not to mention we all have to keep fed and in work and housed properly. Like I said before, population is an issue, and illegals breed as well. They are contributing to massive poverty problems of the future,
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 16th, 2007 at 11:32pm
we're all just people, there should be no "you cant come here...you cant go there" like i said, everyone here originated from another counrty. as humans we are all born free, but were we live decides if we keep that freedom or not, and all have the right to walk and live on free soil. and NO ONE has the right to tell another human being no they cant.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 16th, 2007 at 11:41pm
I don't know.."you can't murder someone" sounds good to me.

Sometimes for the good of the masses, you need to stop people from doing what they want. You can't always give people what they want, because it doesn't always work out for everyone. Your not looking at the big picture.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 16th, 2007 at 11:56pm
murder someone? whatever..
its not about giving people what they want all the time, its about being fair, and fair means that we let people escape the hell-whole countries that they live in, why else would they leave (i'm sure there are other reasons but thats the main one) i can understand keeping people out with a criminal record like murder or something, but at the same time, some peole come to america looking to start again. and its also not about what counrty comes first. and compared to you, i painted the big picture.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 17th, 2007 at 12:20am
No, im looking at illegal's effects on everyone, not just these people.

Instead of poulating our country with people we can't actually afford to keep, we should be educating country leaders on how to expand econamic growth. By taking their people, they are losing value, which is why countries like Mexico are just as serious about keeping their people in their country. Unlike us, THEY need those people. There was an interview ran with the old president of Mexico discussing the problems of illegal immigration to America and how it hurts the country that those people left as well as America as a nation. Once again, THEY need the people. More fo us is just hurting us. If you care so much about poverty, join the peace corps, but don't expect an entire nation to hold another on it's back.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 17th, 2007 at 04:38am
i dont expect our nation to carry another on its back, i'm just simply stating that most immigrants should be welcome, there should be certain criteria that they have to meet, and yes we should be working with other world leaders about their economy, you're right about that. i just think its a shame that the only thing we can do is say "sorry you cant come here" i wish we could do more for the people who need a new place to go to, my spainish teacher left her home country as a young girl and refuses to go back because its a poor country. we should be trying help with that in any way possible.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 17th, 2007 at 04:49am
I know the US and Mexico are working very hard on reform right now. It's not going to happen overnight, but the fact that people are abandoning their country won't help it any faster. Many people support illegals because of the cheep labor, but back in their country, they are REAL laborers.

And yeh, it sucks that we turn people away, but seriously, we have our own people to take care of. Illegal's really don't boost the US as a country at all.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 17th, 2007 at 04:51am
well i see where you're coming from but for the record, thats not why i support immigrants.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 17th, 2007 at 07:17am
Ghostgirl191:
we're all just people, there should be no "you cant come here...you cant go there" like i said, everyone here originated from another counrty. as humans we are all born free, but were we live decides if we keep that freedom or not, and all have the right to walk and live on free soil. and NO ONE has the right to tell another human being no they cant.

Yes, well, unfortunately for you, we do not have a world structure that is based upon anarchy. People actually do have the right to tell us "no we can't" - and in the case of immigration, illegal or not, those people are what we call "leaders of the country", or immigration ministers in some countries. We may not like it, but that's the way it is.

In this day and age, border security for most countries is very tight, and one of the main reasons [well, here in Australia anyway] for tight/harsh immigration control is terrorism, and just threats to our country in general.

Now, I'm not saying that every single person that lobs up to our shores is a terrorist - I'm saying that, as a country, we need to have tight border security and we need to think of national interests. [Now, I'm talking about Australia here, not America, so I can't say the same thing for America.]

There are a lot of other issues that come with illegal immigration, not just the fear of terrorism. For example, what do these immigrants hope to achieve in our society? If we let in every single person that wanted in to whatever country they wanted to migrate to, illegally or not, then that would put a burden on the economy of the countries.

For countries such as Australia, what if the illegal immigrants don't speak English? If we took them in, they would have to get English lessons at the expense of tax payers' money, because it's a requirement for people wanting a visa to stay here. And that's just the surface. Then there's the issue of work. If they can't speak our language properly, how are they going to get a job to support them / their family? Often the jobs for people who can't speak English are poorly paid, and they end up living just below or above the poverty line anyway. That's if they work in the first place. Most illegal immigrants come to a country and don't work, because they don't have qualifications and they can't speak the language.

There are probably things that our governments could do to handle illegal immigration better, but they do have the right to turn people away.

The idea of a world where everyone is free to go wherever they want is completely idealistic and unachievable, in my opinion.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 17th, 2007 at 06:02pm
ok, i live right next to the boarder, at my house i can see the boarder, and then Mexico. i see the people that sneak in, their dirty, hungery and in such deep proverty, they see this as thier only chance at a better life. in Mexico there is little to no help for them. now i'm not saying i hate illegal immigrants, i'm for everyone having the best life possible, but my opion is that Mexico should be fixed up, we should but more factories in TJ so that way they can have an actual cummunity, then we wouldn't have a problem with illiegal immigrants. willthat happen though? probably not, the mexican goverment is so corrupt and the US can only do so much. but i still think we can do little things to help out like sending nice slightly worn clothes down there or whatever, businesses moving their factories down there, things like that. but agian those things probably would only happen in a perfect world.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 17th, 2007 at 08:14pm
I was discussing this with my friends the other day.

I don't have a problem for immigration as long as it's legal and the immigrants make an effort.
I'm sorry, but if you want to move to an English/Spanish/French speaking country

Learn the freaking language beforehand or as soon as you arrive in the country.

I'm sorry, I don't know why that irks me off, but it does.

Is the rumour true that to live in England now, you need an A*-C English GCSE.
Because that's ridiculous.

Hardly anyone in England has that as it is.
And that's with schooling to the age of 16.

How can we expect people who've had poor schooling to do it if we can't?

I must sound really hypocritical with what I've said now though...
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 18th, 2007 at 12:05am
F i a:
I was discussing this with my friends the other day.

I don't have a problem for immigration as long as it's legal and the immigrants make an effort.
I'm sorry, but if you want to move to an English/Spanish/French speaking country

Learn the freaking language beforehand or as soon as you arrive in the country.

I'm sorry, I don't know why that irks me off, but it does.

Is the rumour true that to live in England now, you need an A*-C English GCSE.
Because that's ridiculous.

Hardly anyone in England has that as it is.
And that's with schooling to the age of 16.

How can we expect people who've had poor schooling to do it if we can't?

I must sound really hypocritical with what I've said now though...

ummm, well i live right next to the border, and i know there's not really anywhere an immigrant can go to learn english, now there are schools and stuff but people don't take advantage of that, i've been yelled at in spanish so many times, and have had people ask me things in spanish, it's annoying but it;s just the way it goes
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 18th, 2007 at 12:15am
Then they shouldn't even dream of coming here. I wouldn't ever have the gall to move to a non English speaking country not knowing or bothering to learn the language..I mean unless America was going to be bombed or something.