Don't have an account? Create one!

Illegal Immigration

AuthorMessage
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 22nd, 2008 at 01:18pm
ChipmunkOnKetamine:

People near where I'm staying at the momnet complain about the Polish immigrants, saying that they are taking all the jobs, but those jobs are only avaliable because the 'locals' don't want them.

Not really, Bosses choose to employ Polish people, or any immigrant for that matter, because they'll work for cheaper.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 22nd, 2008 at 06:54pm
^In America at least, what Chipmunk said is sometimes true. They do work for less (and with no benefits) but there really are no americans who are willing to go out and, say, pick fruit.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 27th, 2008 at 12:53am
Ok, I live right next to the mexican border, like I can see the fence looking out my back window. There are afew benefits, but for the most part, living where I do, there are way to many cons.

For one, here there is such a huge unemployment rate and construction use to be a great job, now its not because its easy to hire a guy down at the border then have to go find an actual like contracter. This area is so dirty, I'm a white american citizan who has a parent in the military, and I don't feel safe at all in my house, there is alot of shootings, a huge gang problem and alot of drugs. Now that might be alot of other places, but I get treated so nasty at times for not being mexican or speaking spanish. many times my family will try to go out to a resturant around my house and we are ussually the last to be seated. There is a lot of rasicm. Like the list can just go on.

All the schools around here have this bullshit Residency Verification, and that doesn't even do anything. Around here, hospitals, schools, everything is over crowded. Not only that but the crime rate is pretty high. Now I'm not trying to bash illegals, but living where I do and seeing all of this, like I realize Mexico is bad, but it's not gonna be fixed if everyone just comes up here, this place is getting almost as bad. People complain about the migration process being to long and being unfair. Well how is it helping out if they just take the easy route and come up here?
beautiful loser.
Really Not Okay
beautiful loser.
August 28th, 2008 at 08:47pm
My girlfriends mother is an illegal immigrant. She is still learning proper English, but I don't see her doing anything bad.

I think in some cases, illegal immigration is very good, because when the immigrators come to America or another country, they try and learn the language and find oppurtunity here. Like I said, my girlfriend's mother came to America to give birth to her here instead of having something bad happen to her in Mexico. Also, it's nice to have different cultures come and spread their cultures.

On the other hand, some immigrants think they're hot shit and start having gangs saying their country is the best so they're going to kick this country's ass (minus the sports teams from different countries, then they can kick ass in a good way.) The drugs and all that bad stuff should be really checked instead of the police acting like they don't notice anything when the immigrants jump over the wall.

Immigrants should look for English classes in thier country (if they have any) and try to become a legal immigrant and then move America. This would make things a lot easier.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 29th, 2008 at 07:31am
My girlfriends mother is an illegal immigrant. She is still learning proper English, but I don't see her doing anything bad.

I think in some cases, illegal immigration is very good, because when the immigrators come to America or another country, they try and learn the language and find oppurtunity here.

The problem is that there coming to our country Illegally

I have no problem with immigrants, but why should we let illegal immigrants into our country when other immigrants have spent a hell of a lot of money and time trying to get in legally
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 29th, 2008 at 08:21pm
To Zanarkand:
The problem is that there coming to our country Illegally

I have no problem with immigrants, but why should we let illegal immigrants into our country when other immigrants have spent a hell of a lot of money and time trying to get in legally

Because a lot of honest, hardworking people can't afford what it costs to legally move here, or they'll get turned away for things like not having a college-grade education, etc.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
August 29th, 2008 at 11:35pm
The thing about illegal immigration, is that it is illegal. Maybe they are hardworking, honest, good people. Maybe they're unable to come to whatever country legally. Maybe things are very bad in their homeland. Maybe immigration policies are too strict. But that doesn't change the fact that it's breaking the law.
I'm all for easier paths to legal immigration. I think it solves a lot of problems, on both sides, such as taxes, financial aid, and healthcare.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 30th, 2008 at 02:56am
Faye Merci:
Because a lot of honest, hardworking people can't afford what it costs to legally move here, or they'll get turned away for things like not having a college-grade education, etc.
Just because they might be "honest" and / or "hardworking" it doesn't give them the right to illegally move into another country, in my opinion.
I mean, if you get busted for being an illegal immigrant, the excuse "but I'm honest and hardworking!!" is probably not going to work.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 30th, 2008 at 04:04am
Mindfuck:
Just because they might be "honest" and / or "hardworking" it doesn't give them the right to illegally move into another country, in my opinion.
I mean, if you get busted for being an illegal immigrant, the excuse "but I'm honest and hardworking!!" is probably not going to work.

But what about the people who are already legally here and just abuse our country for what it can give them? I'd rather have someone illegally get here and help out than a meth head who was legally born here evade taxes and abuse our healthcare.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 30th, 2008 at 04:58am
Faye Merci:
But what about the people who are already legally here and just abuse our country for what it can give them? I'd rather have someone illegally get here and help out than a meth head who was legally born here evade taxes and abuse our healthcare.
Unfortunately, a meth addict, as you say, that is a legal citizen of a country has rights over a supposed honest and hardworking illegal immigrant. That's just how it is. It seems unfair, but the crux of illegal immigration is that it is just that - illegal. In the eyes of authorities, whether you're a 'good' person or not isn't really a factor (although I think that, at least here anyway, when they grant visas to legal migrants they do background checks, but I'm not totally sure).
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 30th, 2008 at 06:12am
Mindfuck:

I agree, most of the "honest" and "hard-working" illegals I know, aren't really that "honest" alot of the ones I know can't get exproted, even though yes they are here illegally, but because their baby was born here so their baby is legally a U.S citizen, and since the kid needs someone to take care of, then the parents get a free ride. I want to know how really "honest" that is. and also even if they are "honest' and "hard-working" and they are coming over here, then they are taking up a job that could be done by a legal US citizen, but because an illegal immigrant decides they can be here and take that job, that means just one more actual US citizen is out of a job.

and also you know what, in the state of California there is a huge housing crisis, there is everywhere but alot of like illegal imigrants live in houses with many other people, like my nieghbors across the street have over 30 people living thier bedroom house, and the sad thing is, that is one of the better ones, and then they lie on their taxes so most of the people living there aren't paying taxes, and everyone of them were illagel immigrants till either A) they got a green card or B) they had a baby here. So how really "honest" is that?

Faye Merci:

who doesn't say an illegals kids won't do that? or something, in my area there has been a dramatic increase in drugs, most the drugs come from Mexico. Most of the illegal immigrants I know (and I know alot) abuse our country with free lunch for their kids, abusing our healthcare and so on. Do you know why we won't have Social Secreity in exsistance at all by the year of around 2030 (I think thats the prediction, or it's lower). So what are the rest of us suppose to do? jobs are harder to get, unemployment rates are increasing, house market is crashing, we are in a ressetion, it really sounds to me like we might head to another Great Depression.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 30th, 2008 at 11:33am
My Dear Delirious:
Do you know why we won't have Social Secreity in exsistance at all by the year of around 2030

Maybe it's because all those 'hardworking', 'honest' Americans will finally stop using the crutch of SS and *shock and awe* actually save up their own money for their retirement. The way SS is now is not a good thing.

As for all the illegal immigration you witness, not all illegal immigrants are like that, just as not all americans are lazy meth heads.
Heybaberiba
Fabulous Killjoy
Heybaberiba
August 30th, 2008 at 02:14pm
Why do you have more right to the country you live in than anyone else?
Because you are born there?
So, if you have right to the country you are born in, why does countries like the USA think they have the right to take other countries with weapons?

It's a complicated question, and when it comes to North America and Europe its all about the North vs South conflict. Immigrants are just a tiny tiny part of that conflict.
Does rich countries who's wellfare depend on cheap producing south nations have an obligation to help the people in south countries? Definitely. There's no question about it.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 30th, 2008 at 03:10pm
Eponine:

Maybe it's because all those 'hardworking', 'honest' Americans will finally stop using the crutch of SS and *shock and awe* actually save up their own money for their retirement. The way SS is now is not a good thing.

As for all the illegal immigration you witness, not all illegal immigrants are like that, just as not all americans are lazy meth heads.
no I agree, but ok America is about 57 trillion dollars in debt, and guess who is gonna get stuck with that bill? our generation. Think there will be enough jobs in the future? There isn't enough jobs now. So how is America soppuse to function? and maybe not all illegal immigrants are like that, but I know alot who are. People say Mexico is bad, well now America is getting pretty bad to, the crime rate is climbing, you know how many gangs are around here? my elementary school had a gang problem, ELEMENTARY, it doesn't feel safe to go to school, in fact in some schools around here you have to enter through a metal detector.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 30th, 2008 at 03:46pm
My Dear Delirious:
no I agree, but ok America is about 57 trillion dollars in debt, and guess who is gonna get stuck with that bill? our generation. Think there will be enough jobs in the future? There isn't enough jobs now. So how is America soppuse to function? and maybe not all illegal immigrants are like that, but I know alot who are. People say Mexico is bad, well now America is getting pretty bad to, the crime rate is climbing, you know how many gangs are around here? my elementary school had a gang problem, ELEMENTARY, it doesn't feel safe to go to school, in fact in some schools around here you have to enter through a metal detector.

You know that most of them are? Have you met most of them?
Or you making a judgment based on what you've heard and what your parents say?
Our country being in debt is not because of illegal immigration, and with a new president taking office soon who knows how many jobs will be created. Not enough jobs is due to budget cuts, lay offs and the closing of businesses not illegal immigrants 'stealing' jobs.
The crime rate in my city is horrible, especially this past summer which has half jokingly been called 'the summer of death' because of all the murders. There are more killings, robberies, rapes, and arsons then ever. This is not because of illegal immigration.
No, I don't know how many gangs there are where you live, I don't live where you live. Schools in my area have metal detectors as well, the last person to bring a gun to a school in my area was a white guy.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 30th, 2008 at 06:43pm
Eponine:

You know that most of them are? Have you met most of them?
Or you making a judgment based on what you've heard and what your parents say?
Our country being in debt is not because of illegal immigration, and with a new president taking office soon who knows how many jobs will be created. Not enough jobs is due to budget cuts, lay offs and the closing of businesses not illegal immigrants 'stealing' jobs.
The crime rate in my city is horrible, especially this past summer which has half jokingly been called 'the summer of death' because of all the murders. There are more killings, robberies, rapes, and arsons then ever. This is not because of illegal immigration.
No, I don't know how many gangs there are where you live, I don't live where you live. Schools in my area have metal detectors as well, the last person to bring a gun to a school in my area was a white guy.

I meant the ones I know, and I actually know quite afew.

Ok, even if they aren't "stealing" jobs they still are making money in our country and not paing taxes and yet still using up our resources, that may not be EVERY illegal immigrant, but that still is quite afew.

Last year there were three drugs rades on the street I live on, 5 in all in my subdivision. Every one of those families were immigrants, and in most cases the parents were illegal, the only reason why they were aloowed to stay here was because they had kids over here.

At Elementary school (the school was less then 3 miles from the mexican border) I was picked on everyday because I'm white. The taunting and bulling I got due to that simple fact was insane, and not many kids wanted to get to know the loner white girl. I was almost did a school shooting, I honestly planned it out, then I decided that it would be better if I simply just killed myself. part of the reason why I wanted to die so bad was because I was tired of getting harrassed over something I had no control over, in fact there were even times that kids tried to get me expelled from school sinply because they didn't want a white kid in their class.

I'm not racist, I lived through racism and I'm agianst it. but that doesn't mean I'm for illegal immigration. I'm for legal immigration, but then when someone does immigrate to our country i think that A) they should be required to learn english (its annoying to be treated like a criminal because you can't speak spanish) B) they shold have an extensive and through background check. I know Mexico is bad, but so is alot of other countries, and the reason why America is how it is is because someone worked their ass off to make it better. People need to work to reform Mexico, it shouldn't be that just because our country is better they can just leave the problem alone and come up here.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 2nd, 2008 at 08:56am
Eponine:
My Dear Delirious:
Do you know why we won't have Social Secreity in exsistance at all by the year of around 2030

Okay, I really hope that was meant in a sarcastic way. Here's the thing. From your first job on, you pay into Social Security. You don't have a choice like you do with retirement and 401K and so on. If you are working legally, they take out money for Social Security. THAT IS MY OWN MONEY. I don't take it or steal it, I *earn* it as part of my wages and it is deducted whether I want it to be or not. Now, as honest, hardworking Americans, my husband and I put even more money away for retirement through our respective employer's plans, through payroll deduction and investment, but I most certainly do intend on receiving the Social Security benefits that I will pay into for the majority of my life as well.

HOWEVER. Since for the last 15 years and for the foreseeable working future (approximately 37 years), there will be a chunk of my money that my government takes from me and tells me that they will invest, and pay me a certain amount monthly to assist me since I did live a good life as a productive citizen and provided that I work until I reach retirement age, which I plan to do. Therefore, YES, I do believe that I am *entitled* to getting that money back, thank you very much, and NO, I don't want it being given to an illegal immigrant. Sorry, but it's MY money, and I want it back.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
September 2nd, 2008 at 12:33pm
To Zanarkand:
ChipmunkOnKetamine:

People near where I'm staying at the momnet complain about the Polish immigrants, saying that they are taking all the jobs, but those jobs are only avaliable because the 'locals' don't want them.

Not really, Bosses choose to employ Polish people, or any immigrant for that matter, because they'll work for cheaper.

yes, they will work for cheaper, but the local person won't work there for that. If they agreed to work for the same amount as the Polish person, then they would get the job, but the thing is, they wont. They don't want to pick fruit on a minimum wage. They think their too good for that, but the immigrant will, because they just need the money. A company is going to pick the person who is willing to work, and for the least amount; where they come from doesn't matter, but the immigrants will do the work, whilst the native person generally wont bother. (this is a huge generalization, but for the most part it is true)
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 2nd, 2008 at 12:43pm
psychochip:
Okay, I really hope that was meant in a sarcastic way. Here's the thing. From your first job on, you pay into Social Security. You don't have a choice like you do with retirement and 401K and so on. If you are working legally, they take out money for Social Security. THAT IS MY OWN MONEY. I don't take it or steal it, I *earn* it as part of my wages and it is deducted whether I want it to be or not. Now, as honest, hardworking Americans, my husband and I put even more money away for retirement through our respective employer's plans, through payroll deduction and investment, but I most certainly do intend on receiving the Social Security benefits that I will pay into for the majority of my life as well.

HOWEVER. Since for the last 15 years and for the foreseeable working future (approximately 37 years), there will be a chunk of my money that my government takes from me and tells me that they will invest, and pay me a certain amount monthly to assist me since I did live a good life as a productive citizen and provided that I work until I reach retirement age, which I plan to do. Therefore, YES, I do believe that I am *entitled* to getting that money back, thank you very much, and NO, I don't want it being given to an illegal immigrant. Sorry, but it's MY money, and I want it back.

It was sarcastic, and I agree with you. But really I think the whole SS system si so flawed, it just needs to be totally revamped.
jazmine richardson
Killjoy
jazmine richardson
September 2nd, 2008 at 09:00pm
i have mixed feelings on this.
i believe that we are being robbed. anybody here work? think of this--
every paycheck you get, a percentage is taken out and sent to people on welfare--a percent of these people are illegal immigrants. in other words, you are HANDING AWAY your money to people who are freeloading off of america's hard working citizens.
however, there are also a percentage of immigrants who ARE legal, and who have earned their way into the US and who do their part.