Don't have an account? Create one!

Illegal Immigration

AuthorMessage
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 24th, 2007 at 07:39pm
The US should be tougher on ILLEGAL immigrants. We baby them too much and allow them to stay when they don't deserve to stay.

Mexico has a strict immigration policy, so why shouldn't the US have a similar policy?
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
July 24th, 2007 at 09:00pm
^Because the fact is, Bush wants illegal immigration. It's cheap labor.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
July 25th, 2007 at 12:25am
I understand most criticism of illegal immigration, but why don't illegal immigrants "deserve" to stay? Just because someone's ancestors came over to America in a rickety boat three hundred years ago, they and their descendants have more of a right to live here than a Mexican guy who walked? My parents were both illegal here for a period of time (my father a few months, my mother a little over a year), and I would say they deserve to live here more than some born-and-raised Americans. Certainly they're more politically aware than a lot. They're good, hardworking, intelligent people who were looking for the opportunity to make money to send home to their families. The immigration process is difficult. Just because they didn't have the right connections, they didn't deserve to be here?
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
July 25th, 2007 at 02:51am
MrRandomGuy:
The US should be tougher on ILLEGAL immigrants. We baby them too much and allow them to stay when they don't deserve to stay.

Mexico has a strict immigration policy, so why shouldn't the US have a similar policy?
America has always been a country of immigrants. No one will ever be able to change that, the immigrants are what makes this country great.

I've met illegal immigrants and they have not at all been treated like you say they are. Legal and illegal immigrants do wonderful things for this country, and really, illegal immigrants don't take anything away.

They aren't legal, but they still pay taxes and get nothing in return except for the fact that they can get deported at any minute.

And, anyway, Mexico isn't the only country that migrates into the united states. It's africa, asia, and Europe.

I also agree with some of the things the people on here have been saying, illegal immigrants are cheap labor, they don't have papers so they can only do certain things. Things that require a lot of work, usually they only make minimum wage.

I honestly have no idea why, whenever someone brings up immigration, everyone thinks of Mexico.

The first immigrants to come to america were actually the europeans, so I don't know why everyone just always mentions Mexico.

And, anyway, I was born in Colombia. And I'll tell you, getting a visa to come to the united states was hard enough.
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 25th, 2007 at 02:18pm
Fezzik:
I understand most criticism of illegal immigration, but why don't illegal immigrants "deserve" to stay?
Just because someone's ancestors came over to America in a rickety boat three hundred years ago, they and their descendants have more of a right to live here than a Mexican guy who walked? My parents were both illegal here for a period of time (my father a few months, my mother a little over a year), and I would say they deserve to live here more than some born-and-raised Americans. Certainly they're more politically aware than a lot. They're good, hardworking, intelligent people who were looking for the opportunity to make money to send home to their families. The immigration process is difficult. Just because they didn't have the right connections, they didn't deserve to be here?

Because they are illegal and violating the law. Do you think that Mexico would allow you to stay in their country if they caught you as an illegal immigrant? Only if you were rotting in prison.

And I am aware that illegal immigrants come from other countries. I just used Mexico to make a point.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
July 25th, 2007 at 04:45pm
MrRandomGuy:

Because they are illegal and violating the law. Do you think that Mexico would allow you to stay in their country if they caught you as an illegal immigrant? Only if you were rotting in prison.

And I am aware that illegal immigrants come from other countries. I just used Mexico to make a point.
Well, yes. But are you aware when immigrants come to America that they work hard, they're forced to do so many things? Yet, people still look down their noses at them.

While as when Americans go to other countries...
example; SPRING BREAK IN MEXICO
-You mess up the cities
-Treat the people like shit
-Don't care to learn the language in their own country, while as when they visit they MUST learn

I can't blame them for the immigration policies they have.
lolis12007
Really Not Okay
lolis12007
July 25th, 2007 at 06:13pm
anyone that says that their is not a lot of jobs in u.s. think again because if you actually study for a profession and go to college and all you can get a really good job. all ¨immigrants¨ take the bad jobs and take the (No Ofense Here) McDonalds jobs. i understand that some young people get jobs at McDonalds for their college ofr school. by the way im talking about U.S. here.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 25th, 2007 at 07:35pm
My issue with illegal immigrents has more to do with money

Do you have ANY idea how much is costs to educate 1 illegal?

Illegal families DON'T pay taxes. They get free rides in America while REAL AMERICAN working people struggle

They are costing American money that we don't have at all.

My other argument has to do with population, that being that STATISICALLY, the Mexican population breeds much more then say the white or black population. With so many people coming into our country and having children, America is doomed to become a country like China where we end up having to have a specific birth count, and are always struggling with too many people. We are in fact, WITHOUT illegals, heading down that path now, but why speed it up?

**Used Mexico because well over half of illegals are Mexican
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 25th, 2007 at 07:44pm
Her Dark Materials.:
Well, yes. But are you aware when immigrants come to America that they work hard, they're forced to do so many things? Yet, people still look down their noses at them.

While as when Americans go to other countries...
example; SPRING BREAK IN MEXICO
-You mess up the cities
-Treat the people like shit
-Don't care to learn the language in their own country, while as when they visit they MUST learn

I can't blame them for the immigration policies they have.

I'm aware of the exploitation of their labor. I think it's sickening that they are forced to do things.

It also sickens me that some people go to Mexico just to party. If I ever went to Mexico, I would never treat people like shit AND I have learned some Spanish, so I would understand some of their language.

I'm not part of the ignorant crowd that goes to Mexico so they can just get drunk.

And not all illegal immigrants are well behaved citizens. Some of them commit crimes.

AND they DO NOT PAY TAXES
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
July 25th, 2007 at 08:12pm
MrRandomGuy:

I'm aware of the exploitation of their labor. I think it's sickening that they are forced to do things.

It also sickens me that some people go to Mexico just to party. If I ever went to Mexico, I would never treat people like shit AND I have learned some Spanish, so I would understand some of their language.

I'm not part of the ignorant crowd that goes to Mexico so they can just get drunk.

And not all illegal immigrants are well behaved citizens. Some of them commit crimes.

Well, if you all americans didn't treat the people like shit, I'd be happy.

Anyway, the criminals don't represent all of us, and the ones that aren't 'criminals' are really trying to become legal.

AND, the illegal immigrants pay for their homes, food, and schools even.
But the government doesn't give them the benefits it gives legal immigrants and citizens.
So, being illegal you're screwed. The government takes your money, and you get nothing in return.

I don't know why anyone would want to be illegal. It's very hard to become legal unless you marry a citizen.

I have no idea why you say that they get 'free rides in America'.

That was for you too, LoversHeartDisease.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
July 26th, 2007 at 12:35am
MrRandomGuy:

Yes, they were violating the law, but that's my point: the law should be changed. I'm not just saying forgive everyone, let anyone who wants to come in, or revert our immigration policy to the 1840's, but it should be easier for the average person to enter this country. We're supposed to be the land of opportunity, and it is incredibly unfair and hypocritical of us to shut our doors to people just because they got here too late.
dear matthew
Joining The Black Parade
dear matthew
July 26th, 2007 at 01:46am
illeagal imigration is fine, because america has developed into one of those snobbish we're to good for everyone else countries. this country itself survives on the bases of illeagal immigrants doing jobs no-one else cares to do for minimum wages. they actually make our high ritzy life possible or else we wouldn't be such a power country. i think its wrong to deport them just because they are illeagal. they have a family too that suffers. immigrants are just trying to make a living like everybody else. its not like there stealing highly disireable jobs anyway. and like Her Dark Materials said, its not just mexico its cuba, jamica, dominican republic and so on.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 26th, 2007 at 02:11am
Her Dark Materials.:
MrRandomGuy:

Anyway, the criminals don't represent all of us, and the ones that aren't 'criminals' are really trying to become legal.

But the government doesn't give them the benefits it gives legal immigrants and citizens.
So, being illegal you're screwed. The government takes your money, and you get nothing in return.

I don't know why anyone would want to be illegal. It's very hard to become legal unless you marry a citizen.

I have no idea why you say that they get 'free rides in America'.

That was for you too, LoversHeartDisease.

They don't deserve benefits, they are criminals. ANYONE who is here illegally is a crminal.

You act like these people are victims of the greedy government when you say they just "take their money". Are you suggesting they deserve free food and homes? No, they have to fucking pay up like the rest of us, and they did the same thing where they came from. They are the ones stealing from the government. Once again, they avoid paying taxes, therefore, these people are leeches that give nothing back to the community, which is monsterous in times like these when we all really need it. At this point in American history, the last thing we need are a bunch of freeloaders.

And don't talk like America is some sort of snobbish power. Most countries have some sort of immigration policy of their own. People can still come into this country, it's not like our doors are shut. We can't give everyone entry however, and im glad. We don't need any more people in America then we already have. Not in a country spiraling downward like it is.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
July 26th, 2007 at 04:10am
^I think what Her Dark Materials is referring to is how some illegal immigrants pay into fake social security, etc., but never draw on it for fear of being discovered. You are right in that not all illegal immigrants do this.

But "leeches that give nothing back to the community"? I wouldn't call cheap, good labor "nothing". And I wouldn't say the tiny overpriced houses that most illegal immigrants rent in large groups is the same as "free food and homes".

Illegal immigrants are not criminals by choice (or at least the vast majority are not). If it was so simple to enter the country without worry of deportation and with the security of the rights granted to legal aliens and citizens, if it was even feasible for most people who want to come here, don't you think people would take that path? A lot of illegal immigrants come here to escape desperate poverty for the chance at a new life where the kids might have a hope of being better off - likely the same reason, I might add, your ancestors came over here.

Also, swearing is not allowed on the Discussion Board. Read the rules before posting (that goes for Her Dark Materials as well).
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 26th, 2007 at 02:55pm
Her Dark Materials.:

Did you not just read what I wrote? I would never treat people in Mexico like crap and I even have some Mexican friends.

Her Dark Materials.:

Semantics. I said some, not all, do other crimes.

Her Dark Materials.:

Again, some don't pay their taxes. There are even some living on welfare. And why should our government give them benifits? Would Mexico do the same for you if you were an illegal immigrant? No, they wouldn't.

Fezzik:
Yes, they were violating the law, but that's my point: the law should be changed. I'm not just saying forgive everyone, let anyone who wants to come in, or revert our immigration policy to the 1840's, but it should be easier for the average person to enter this country. We're supposed to be the land of opportunity, and it is incredibly unfair and hypocritical of us to shut our doors to people just because they got here too late.

I agree. The law should be changed to make it easier to enter the country. The only problem is the danger of terrorists crossing our borders.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
July 26th, 2007 at 05:02pm
LoversHeartDisease:

They don't deserve benefits, they are criminals. ANYONE who is here illegally is a crminal.

You act like these people are victims of the greedy government when you say they just "take their money". Are you suggesting they deserve free food and homes? No, they have to fucking pay up like the rest of us, and they did the same thing where they came from. They are the ones stealing from the government. Once again, they avoid paying taxes, therefore, these people are leeches that give nothing back to the community, which is monsterous in times like these when we all really need it. At this point in American history, the last thing we need are a bunch of freeloaders.

And don't talk like America is some sort of snobbish power. Most countries have some sort of immigration policy of their own. People can still come into this country, it's not like our doors are shut. We can't give everyone entry however, and im glad. We don't need any more people in America then we already have. Not in a country spiraling downward like it is.

Uh, wow. What do you have against these people?

Better yet, don't answer that ^

And, how can you say they don't deserve it?
Many of them do honest livings, it's not like every american citizen is a saint either.

I agree with everything Fezzik said, and I'm sorry for the swearing. My bad.

My family was illegal at a time and it took a lot to not get caught. But saying that illegal immigrants do so much stuff is just horrible.

Usually, the ones that do all of those things are ones trying to get away from the police of their home countries, and really, americans do that too. Or, you try. A lot of criminals have been caught on the border.

Now, I know that every time america tries a new way of getting people in something bad happens.

Really, the only policy I agree with is the one Clinton put. It was easier to make yourself legal that way, and that's what all of you were talking about, right? Becoming legal?

Because, from what you said, it's illegal to be illegal.

To stop 'stealing' from your country like 'the illegals' do, you have to help them become legal.

MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 26th, 2007 at 07:06pm
It is illegal to be illegal. That's why they are called illegal immigrants instead of immigrants.

And President Regan tried the whole amnisty thing (helping make the illegals legal.) It didn't work.
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
July 26th, 2007 at 11:34pm
I think they should let anyone come in this country. My parents are illegal and they work hours just to get some money. It's harsh and I basically hate it because we can't get enough things in the house. And it's great pressure on me because i'm the only one that was born in America so i'll be the first one in the family to go to college and get a job. It's no pretty picnic. My mom literally hates this country, she says that if they would give papers to her, she wouldn't stay, she would go back to her country. Many would too. Immigrants are one of the hardest workers out there. Why not show some respect to them. Each day they come home from work, hungry, tired, and with little money to feed their children. It's terrible to see that each day. To see that they are treated like slaves.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
July 27th, 2007 at 02:26pm
Runaway Jeka:
I think they should let anyone come in this country. My parents are illegal and they work hours just to get some money. It's harsh and I basically hate it because we can't get enough things in the house. And it's great pressure on me because i'm the only one that was born in America so i'll be the first one in the family to go to college and get a job. It's no pretty picnic. My mom literally hates this country, she says that if they would give papers to her, she wouldn't stay, she would go back to her country. Many would too. Immigrants are one of the hardest workers out there. Why not show some respect to them. Each day they come home from work, hungry, tired, and with little money to feed their children. It's terrible to see that each day. To see that they are treated like slaves.
Well, actually I think there is a way you can become legal.

You have to read the laws and see someway that you would have an excuse to get your papers.

This is what I've seen in most of our illegal friends, and it saddens me.

That's why I don't like people saying that they get 'free rides'.

TheWackyShack
Killjoy
TheWackyShack
August 4th, 2007 at 09:02am
I think there should be like a school right next to the border that teaches immigrants english, and everything about america. Plus, Im new to INO so if I do something worng, please tell me.