Don't have an account? Create one!

Illegal Immigration

AuthorMessage
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
November 1st, 2006 at 10:12am
Okay, I don't know if anyone has said this, and I'm not quite sure how to word it, but here is my opinion.

Illegal immigration is ridiculous.It makes me kind of suspiscious that those who are doing it, might have something to hide.

We all know that immigration requires paperwork, citizenship tests, background checks, etc., and if someone wants to immigrate and do so legally, and they're willing to go through with all that, then they obviously have nothing to hide.

But if they do so illegally, it looks bad on them, like they're fleeing their country for all the wrong reasons.

And on another note, I think illegal immigration makes racism worse.

There are the people who have worked hard and earned their citizenship the right way, and still get the same stereotyping and racism hurled at them as the illegals do, because not every person is smart enough to realize that, no, not all people from foreign lands have come here illegally.I see this almost everyday and it sickens me.

Does that make sense?Shocked
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
November 1st, 2006 at 11:04am
Wait...What?:
Illegal immigration is ridiculous.It makes me kind of suspiscious that those who are doing it, might have something to hide.

We all know that immigration requires paperwork, citizenship tests, background checks, etc., and if someone wants to immigrate and do so legally, and they're willing to go through with all that, then they obviously have nothing to hide.

But if they do so illegally, it looks bad on them, like they're fleeing their country for all the wrong reasons.

Some people leave their country because life is just so intolerable there. Some countries make immigration exceptionally difficult. Now, we all know thats with good reason, cos if countries such as the US and the UK took everyone who showed up on their doorstep, they'd be up to their knees in people, but at the same time you need to look at the more understandable aspects of why people leave the country that is their home.
freakgrl
Killjoy
freakgrl
November 27th, 2006 at 04:36am
Baby Jesus is:
I live in Australia and here we have a huge illegal immigrant problem... they keep coming even though we lock em up in detention camps for years... the longest so far being one lady was locked up for 7 years and even after that we sent her back anyway... basicly the problem is our immigrants are stupid can we trade with someone else please... also we keep telling them in their countries "dont come here we lock you up and send you back cause we have no room" and yet they still come... at the moment though we are hiring asains from overseas cause they always work and for a slightly lower rate... GO ASAINS YOU ROCK... anyways... i think everyone would be happier if they learnt coming here is bad and stupid... cause then we wouldnt have to put up with the damned activists...

I know you're banned,
but I thought I should get this point across.

I'm asian.
My parents were hired from overseas [China]
They don't work for a slightly lower rate.
In fact, they make more money than most people.
I'm going to one of the best and most expensive schools in Australia, for example.

Immigrants aren't stupid.
They are almost forced to leave the country because their conditions are so bad.
And she is an Australian, and I'm guessing she's not indigenous. Because if she were, then she would have a reason to complain, because the fucking white people came and destroyed her land.
But I'm guessing she's not.
Australia is a wonderful place, because it's multi-cultural.

Lauren; Jesus Danger:

Fair enough illegal immigrants have fled their country, but countries like the US and UK shouldn't take them under their wing.
I have been living at my grandmother's for the past four months, and my mother applied for a house, only to find Russian/Polish immgrants had gotten it.
I know that in a town nearby, and Polish immigrant raped a girl.
I don't think immigration should be allowed at all.

In a town nearby you, a white man raped a white girl.
A black man raped a black girl.
A white man raped a black girl.
A black man raped a white girl.
An asian man raped a black girl.
A hispanic person raped an asian.

Crime is everywhere.
Whether you have different races or not.
Deal with it.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
November 27th, 2006 at 11:49am
Sad I think there is good and bad to this:

good : For example my aunt is an illegal immagrant because her husband was abuse physically and emotionally. She escaped his threats to kill her and her kids, but now they're safe. Dance
Anyway sometime it's for a good reason, maybe a emergency or for family matters.

bad: over population mostly.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
November 27th, 2006 at 01:20pm
I don't mind immigration because it could help out economy. Plus my mom is an immigrant from Colombia. Not all immigrants sit around and do nothing, in fact, almsot all immigrants are hard working people who want to truly become Americans. My mom learned the language, and ironically is now an English teacher, and has her citizenship. However, I think if you want to come into any country, there are ways to do it legally so you don't have to go behind the system. My uncle is an illegal immigrant, and a couple of times has almost been found out- thank god he found a nice employer who didn't report him. But illegal immigrants hurts our economy since they do not pay taxes, and are yet allowed to attend out public schools. I also, and this I stand firmy, if they want to be in America, they have to learn how to speak english- if my mom could do it in the 1960's when they didn't have ESL programs, or tests in both languages- anyone can.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
December 2nd, 2006 at 06:14pm
I don't mind legal immigration.

I do, however, mind illegal immigration. It's just ironic how people come over here illegally, then complain that they want to be part of this country. UH....you just broke OUR LAW. You broke the law of a country you say you want to be part of? That's just--no.
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
December 2nd, 2006 at 06:52pm
well, it's not always their will to be illegally here. I'm friends with an illegal immigrant, and she lived here since she was 2 years old, and is 19 now and america wouldn't accept her visa renewal.
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
December 2nd, 2006 at 08:03pm
Erry Ishmas:
I also, and this I stand firmy, if they want to be in America, they have to learn how to speak english- if my mom could do it in the 1960's when they didn't have ESL programs, or tests in both languages- anyone can.

That's what my family think. Especially my mom. She works with Hispanics at a Middle School, and most of their parents don't speak English. It gets her mad that she has to write the letters going home in Spanish just so they can read them. It's not fair that she has to do that. I've said when my brother and I were talking about it that if I were in their country I'd learn their language, so they should learn ours.
I'm fine with immigration - I know a few people that are from eastern Europe.

All I say is that they come legally and learn English. Than I'm fine ^.^
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
December 3rd, 2006 at 04:53pm
^^ I agree, it is rather annoying when you feel like you're in a foreign country because no one understands you, just to realise that you're IN YOUR OWN country, and no one knows your language!
however, the great thing about america is that it's the only country without an official language. as great as that is, it's also annoying.
I think it should be a law to learn the language which the president speaks if you're going to live here. it'd be so much simpler. I mean, it won't stop people from continuing to speak their native languages in their homes. it just means that they'll be more successful in things since they know the language most of the country speaks.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
December 3rd, 2006 at 10:57pm
Yeah. I mean, go to France. Why do people there speak French and rarely speak English? because it's their RIGHT to speak French and they do not feel like they need to learn English just because a bunch of English people visit their country. It's the same here. People should not be forced to learn Spanish.
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
December 10th, 2006 at 03:03am
it's annoying, yes, but it's what makes america america. there are so many people from so many different countries, therefore SO MANY languages are spoken here. it's aggrivating when the president speaks english, but so many people don't. but america is the "land of opportunity" for people of all races and ethnicities etc to come to, no matter what, and be able to have opportunities and stuff. so because there are so many people from different countries, we don't have an official language. I think we should get one, but because we don't have one that's why we need to learn spanish in school. because spanish is one of the most popularly spoken languages in america, besides english.
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
December 10th, 2006 at 03:04am
it's annoying, yes, but it's what makes america america. there are so many people from so many different countries, therefore SO MANY languages are spoken here. it's aggrivating when the president speaks english, but so many people don't. but america is the "land of opportunity" for people of all races and ethnicities etc to come to, no matter what, and be able to have opportunities and stuff. so because there are so many people from different countries, we don't have an official language. I think we should get one, but because we don't have one that's why we need to learn spanish in school. because spanish is one of the most popularly spoken languages in america, besides english.
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
December 10th, 2006 at 03:04am
windinyourhair
Jazz Hands
windinyourhair
December 10th, 2006 at 03:05am
I really didn't mean to post that 3 times. my computer was taking FOREVER so I kept hitting submit. sorry =X
Tacky and Irrelevant
Salute You in Your Grave
Tacky and Irrelevant
March 15th, 2007 at 11:52pm
I'm not supporting it but this are my thoughts about it:

First, both countries, USA and Guatemala (where I live) are losing. USA is losing because without the half million people you brought back or sent to jail did really important jobs there. Many worked at fields where crops, who are really important to economy, others worked at cleaning houses, hotels, etc. I mean, how can you get out of nowhere two millions of people to do those tiring, disgusting, etc. jobs?

We are losing becuase violence is getting really worse and people are now on streets triyng to get a new job. Jobs are hard to find here, becuase you need education to work, and because of parents not spending their money on children's education 20% of the population live without electricity, in a cardboard house in the middle of nowhere, eating every dingle day the same thing.

Visas are really hard to get here. They have to ask you questions, ask you what your income is, ask you about your family, etc. Sometimes they refuse to give you papers becuase of your skin tone.

I think countries should get to a conclusion and solve all this. We are just losing. Countries should defenitely find a way for eveyone to win.
(This is just my point of view)
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 16th, 2007 at 04:53pm
I think the immigration process in the US should be reformed. It's very hard to get into this country legally, and I think it's rude the way some people assume illegal immigrants wouldn't want to if they could. Though I also think society's perception needs to be reformed a bit, because Hispanics have been totally demonized in certain circles.

Oh, and what does anyone think of the Secure Fence Act (basically they want to build a giant fence along the border of the US and Mexico)?
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
March 25th, 2007 at 06:30pm
This nation (America) was built on immigrants.
So, it's unfair to put them down and assume they
are stupid and dirty creatures.
Resurgam:
I think the immigration process in the US should be reformed. It's very hard to get into this country legally,

I agree ^
And that border thing is just rude...
And also becoming an american citizen takes years...
Now, that isn't fair that if you're in the process of it to be deported.
You're trying to be legal. But they don't care.
America is a country that is very full of itself...
and that isn't good for anyone.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
March 25th, 2007 at 06:33pm
Many people come to America to get away from stuff going on in their countries. I am legally here. I'm just saying that it was hard.
There's a horrible civil was in Colombia...and during elections is gets bad.
America used to help...but after that thing with Cuba it's lost all trust in every country in south america
I'm looking at you..
Killjoy
I'm looking at you..
April 5th, 2007 at 10:00pm
illegal immigrating=BAD nono! i mean it has the word ILLEGAL in it there is nothing good about it. illegals are killing the u.s.a. they are taking citizens jobs and we have to pay taxes for them its not fair and what about the people at ellis island, immigrants couldnt just come in illegally, they didnt call ellis island "the island of tears" for nothing, letting illegals come in would make the tears of the immigrants a long time ago be cried in vain a lot of the LEGAL immigrants had to be put through crap to become a citizen, so its not fair for illegals to just waltz write in and be accepted with open arms
LEGAL immigrating= perfectly fine
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
April 6th, 2007 at 05:52pm
I think it is bad because they could be a terrorist or something.