Don't have an account? Create one!

Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
February 16th, 2007 at 11:28pm
deathxbyxmurder:
i think its the parents fault for not educating there children or wacthing who there with
So, it's a parent's fault that thier children have sex?

That is a rather ignorant statement.
Their child's actions are under no one's control but their own,
and if they choose to not pay attention in class or understand
the risks and resposabilities of sex, then the consequences
are their own fault and no one elses.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
February 17th, 2007 at 05:37am
That's right. A person is responsible for their own decisions, and no parent can lock their child up in their bedroom 23 hours a day, letting them out between 6 and 7pm for a meal... that's a ridiculous ideal.
I would never blame parents for their children's decisions - I see plenty of kids who are raised in perfectly moral, 'nice' environments and are taught right from wrong their whole lives, then just decide to make their own decisions and mistakes when they feel they're old enough. You may have a little something on the 'people they're hanging out with,' but no parent really has the right to dictate who you can and cannot speak to - if you want to be friends with someone, you'll find a way around it, and if you go to the same school your parents have no control over that.
But it is true that friends can be an influence on a person's behaviour, whether it be positive or negative - peer pressure is a killer, and kids have just got to be strong enough within themselves to not give in, or to make the right choices based on their own beliefs, not what they think will make them 'cool' in the eyes of others. Not that I would blame a person's circle of friends for them ending up pregnant at 14, but the friends' behaviour and attitude towards certain things can influence somebody's behaviour.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
February 17th, 2007 at 05:42am
I think, at the end of the day, it's the person's choice whether to have sex or not.
If a teen becomes pregnant due to irresponsibilty, and disregard of risks and consequences, then it's no one's fault but theirs, and possibly their partner's.

Obviously, there are some people that make such a "mistake", but still go through with the pregnancy, and grow to love that child.
However, much of media exposes the negative side to teenage pregnancy, so we're often lead to believe it's an awful thing, or that these teenagers are "stupid" etc.

Media often exaggerates reality though.
cherstinmayanneliee
Motor Baby
cherstinmayanneliee
March 19th, 2007 at 07:18pm
I guess you could say I know about teen pregnancy, I was 19 when I got pregnant, 20 when my daughter was born. Yeah, it's been rough at times, but come on, it's rough when you're 30+ too. My daughter will be 2 in August, and if I could go back in time, and have the opportunity to change it, I wouldn't. She is the single most important thing in my life, and I thank whatever is up there EVERYDAY for giving me such a precious gift. Sometimes I feel as if I don't know what I did to deserve such a beautiful child.
She fills my life with such joy and happiness, and I look at my friends, the same age as me, and count myself blessed for having her.
Eddie Vedder
Motor Baby
Eddie Vedder
March 19th, 2007 at 10:00pm
Samantha Stunner.:
I don't like teen pregnancy.
Idiots, they're idiots for getting pregnant!
And than some go and try to get abortions, it's their fault for having sex!

My sister had a baby when she was 16...in no way does that make her an idiot. Now she is 21 and she has another baby, and he life turned out great.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 19th, 2007 at 10:04pm
Well, good for her. Some people just go crazy and have an abortion, saying that they were thinking of the baby's and their welfare.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
March 20th, 2007 at 01:17am
billy99:
Well, good for her. Some people just go crazy and have an abortion, saying that they were thinking of the baby's and their welfare.
So, having an abortion is going crazy now?
If you don't like the idea, do not have one yourself.
For others, it is their body and their choice,
and may well be the only one that they can choose,
because of finacial, familial or academic standards that
they have to keep up.

But that can be talked about in the Abortions thread.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 20th, 2007 at 08:55am
Thanks.
virginia_the_state
Killjoy
virginia_the_state
March 22nd, 2007 at 04:21pm
honestly, i don't feel very sorry for teens who are pregnant. people just want to do what they want, when they want and don't think of the consiquences(i probably spelled that wrong). Even when you use a protection, there is still a chance that you could get pregnant. if you're not totally sure you're ready to have kids, don't have sex.
Morrigan
Killjoy
Morrigan
March 22nd, 2007 at 04:48pm
I feel bad for pregnant teens but not because their pregnant. They brought it on themselves, I feel bad because for all the joy a child can bring it severely limits the options one has in life from that point onward.
XCyanideSuicideX
Fabulous Killjoy
XCyanideSuicideX
March 22nd, 2007 at 04:57pm
I THINK THAT IF YOU ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO
GET KNOCKED UP IN THE FIRST PLACE
YOU DESERVE TO BE PREGNANT LIKE ME
AND MY BF USED TO HAVE
SXX AND THE TIME BUT WE ALWAYS
USED PROTECTION

PS. remember kids wrap it before you tap it lol
xodemolition-loverox
Killjoy
xodemolition-loverox
March 24th, 2007 at 10:57am
any one to have a child who is living with parents /under 21 /not in a relationship of more than a year is stuped to get preggnant as the baby will not have stability
cherstinmayanneliee
Motor Baby
cherstinmayanneliee
March 24th, 2007 at 11:39am
emo_loser
I think it's very unfair of you to say something like that, with out experience. My daughter will be two in August, meaning I was 20 when I gave birth to her.
She is the happiest, most content child I know of, and you can with out a doubt give a baby stability with out being over 30.
Future-Mrs-Way
Killjoy
Future-Mrs-Way
March 24th, 2007 at 03:33pm
I think teen pregnancy is a growing problem, i am 16 and i must admit that i have asked my 16 yr old b/f if we can have a kid...i no it would be wrong to raise the child at this age, i suppose this may be why teen pregnancy is high...however i have changed my mind about having a baby, it would be cruel to raise it now, even though i want 1 i wont have 1 just yet!
Lady Wicked
Killjoy
Lady Wicked
March 24th, 2007 at 07:33pm
My Mother was pregnant with horrible lil me at age 18. Her and my father both took responsibility and got married and have been that way for almost 16 years. Note my age.... almost 16. They are still together and probably always will be they have four children including myself and are doing well. The key to being a teen who is having sex but does not want to have childrent is to PROTECT YOURSELF DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not saying that teen pregnancy is okay or even teen sex but i do think that not all people are worse off. I think that it is completely wrong but I think you have to experience it before you can judge so i really have no say so.
Lady Wicked
Killjoy
Lady Wicked
March 24th, 2007 at 07:35pm
bloodredruby69:
billy99:
So, having an abortion is going crazy now?
If you don't like the idea, do not have one yourself.
For others, it is their body and their choice,
and may well be the only one that they can choose,
because of finacial, familial or academic standards that
they have to keep up.

But that can be talked about in the Abortions thread.

I agree with you but then again you could have been an abortion to so i dont think that this is really a topic to be discussed if people want abortions so be it but then again it should be on eof those things that is no other way out.
YourStarlessEyes
Killjoy
YourStarlessEyes
March 25th, 2007 at 08:46pm
Usually the poor kids don't know what they are getting into. The young father freaks out and runs away, leaving the mother with no support.
Dead Guardian Angel
Jazz Hands
Dead Guardian Angel
March 26th, 2007 at 04:00pm
xKodak.Momentx:
Usually the poor kids don't know what they are getting into.

I agree with that. I mean, my friends friend (let's call her Ashley, cause I don't know her name.) was having sex and stuff, and my friend Adele WARNED her that she was being stupid and was gonna get pregnant. She disregarded Adele. And guess what. She got pregnant. She was 12 at the time. But she had a miscarriage. It's sad when you lose a child, but at least she can stay in school...
That same friends COUSIN, on the other hand, was 13 and pregnant with twins. The father left and she was kicked out of the house by her mom and lived with her aunt. She then gave up the twins for adoption, but now has to be home schooled.

We learn how to make good choices for a reason. So we're healthy and happy in life. HAVING SEX AT A YOUNG AGE IS NOT IN ANY WAY A GOOD CHOICE!!! My school does badly when it comes to showing us how to make choices and look. Kids are threatening to shoot other kids, there's drugs, teen pregnancys and even kid who fake preganancys to stay with a guy! Did I meantion I'm in MIDDLE SCHOOL?

If someone doesn't know how to make good choices, it's there fault. Not the parents, not the school's but THEIR fault.

We're fuckin kids. This shit shouldn't be happening...

*Sakura-chan*
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 29th, 2007 at 03:03am
I agree that it's their fault but it's not totally their fault. There are other important factors, like if the school didn't educate them well, if their parents didn't warn them, etc.

And please avoid swearing.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
March 30th, 2007 at 08:45am
emo_loser:
any one to have a child who is living with parents /under 21 /not in a relationship of more than a year is stuped to get preggnant as the baby will not have stability

I'm sorry if this is deemed offensive or antagonistic, but that is such a shallow way to look at things. Granted, you're only 14 so you can't say you really have much of an idea of how the world works, but I see far too many people with this super-naive opinion that anybody under 21, or even under 30, is totally incapable of raising children, getting married, or making life-changing decisions or actions.
I'm guilty of two of those things: I'm turning 21 in July, my first child is due just over a month later in August, and the baby's father and I have been together well under 12 months. Suck, we're getting married in two weeks' time, and it has nothing to do with feeling pressured or that we 'have to', we're committed and want to take the vows.

The thing that annoys me is this attitude of 'oh, anybody over 25 is totally mature enough/well equipped enough to have kids' - it's bull. I know plenty of 16-year-olds who are far more dedicated, loving, sensible and financially stable parents than some 26-year-old parents I know. It's all down to the indvidual, and while I don't outright condone teens having sex and getting pregnant, if that is the choice they make and they are willing to make the necessary sacrifices and dedicate the rest of their lives to being good parents and raising their children, then I applaud them. On the other hand, I don't feel that anybody should feel they have the right to have kids just because they have money, are in a relationship, or are of a certain age. I seriously know one couple who are 24 and 27, they have a one-year-old daughter and another on the way, and they're far worse parents than any teens I've ever come across - they don't have jobs, collect welfare and spend it on pot and video games (literally, the father has this super computer with about five billion features that aren't even necessary, he just spends all his money on it so he can brag to his loserface friends about it), and the kid never gets taken outside to play in the yard or get some sunlight because her parents lock their house up, close the curtains, and disconnect the phone so they can play marathon sessions of World of Warcraft. Meanwhile, the mother doses her with children's paracetamol in her formula milk so that she sleeps for hours on end and doesn't interrupt her video-gaming, and the mother and father are always having screaming arguments, every single day, that result in things being thrown at each other's heads and the neighbours calling the cops. By the way, their house is the filthiest thing I have ever seen - I don't know if they own a vacuum cleaner, or if they even care. But their daughter crawls around in this filth all day and, as long as she keeps her mouth shut, they couldn't care less.
But apparently these people are far better parents than a 16 or 17-year-old, because they're 24 and 27.

Psshhh. Please at least consider the fact that a teenager can be more mature and ready to provide than someone generally considered 'of age'.