Teen Pregnancy

AuthorMessage
frank_rox_my_sox
Killjoy
frank_rox_my_sox
March 30th, 2007 at 11:26am
Hey sorry am new to this forum n jsut wanted to state the view
i have on it

I have had 2 friends who has had a baby at 19 but i think thats is responable age and doesn't count as teen pregnancy.But on the other end i think teen pregnancys below the age of 16 is stupid.And i think schools show be teaching education from at least primary 6 and 7 in the uk(sorry dont no what grade it is for americans Sad) but i think kids should be gettin taught from an early age now.
cherstinmayanneliee
Motor Baby
cherstinmayanneliee
March 31st, 2007 at 09:40pm
Cigarettes And Suicide
Congratulations, having a baby is the biggest and best blessing you'll ever have. You know true love when you have your first child.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 31st, 2007 at 11:47pm
True love...with your child, but not necessarily with his/her father/mother.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 1st, 2007 at 08:37am
No offence billy, but I don't necessarily think it's your place to say that... I'd go so far as to say I'm a little offended, although of course, being simple text, I can't decipher exactly how that was meant to come across...
Of course what Rocky meant was the love between parent and child, and thanks for that post, it brought a smile to my face.

Sorry if I took that too personally billy, perhaps I'm being hormonal and oversensitive, but I feel that statement was a tad out of line for someone who doesn't know me, my fiance, or the relationship we have.
Which, by the way, is the closest thing to perfect I could have ever wished for, and I thank God a million times a day for bringing the two of us together.
My Famous Genocide
Killjoy
My Famous Genocide
April 1st, 2007 at 09:27am
Teens are not supossed to have kids in such a young age and that some can't even handle it, since it's hard and a fultime job.
But I think it's alright. I've always wanted my first kid before I turn 18 and I still want it.
cherstinmayanneliee
Motor Baby
cherstinmayanneliee
April 1st, 2007 at 09:53am
I agree with everything Cigarettes and suicide has said.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
April 1st, 2007 at 07:41pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
No offence billy, but I don't necessarily think it's your place to say that... I'd go so far as to say I'm a little offended, although of course, being simple text, I can't decipher exactly how that was meant to come across...
Of course what Rocky meant was the love between parent and child, and thanks for that post, it brought a smile to my face.

Sorry if I took that too personally billy, perhaps I'm being hormonal and oversensitive, but I feel that statement was a tad out of line for someone who doesn't know me, my fiance, or the relationship we have.
Which, by the way, is the closest thing to perfect I could have ever wished for, and I thank God a million times a day for bringing the two of us together.

What I think Billy meant is that you will find true love when
you have your child, regardless of whether or not you love or are with
the father of the child.
I'm pretty sure that it was a blanket statement, not to you individually,
and not to say anything about your relationship.

If you love your partner, then that is great. You will find more love when you have the child
that is both his and yours.
But in cases where the parents are not together, the mother can still feel
love when she sees her child, the whole Mother's love thing.

Just to try and clarify.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 2nd, 2007 at 05:58am
I can see that, like I said I just took it to heart, which I apologise for. I can't wait to discover this whole maternal instinct thing that people go on about, it sounds pretty cool...
But yeah, being a post on a messageboard rather than being said face-to-face where inflection, emphasis and tone isn't present, I just took it to be a sarcastic little aside, which I apologise for because I realise it was most likely meant in a completely different context - and I even agree with the statement in the context it was meant.
Thankfully my parents raised me better than to just have kids with the first person who came along, so to me it's almost unthinkable that somebody would have a baby with a person who isn't 'the one'. Unfortunately it's all too prevalent in today's society, and it saddens me.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 2nd, 2007 at 05:59am
I can see that, like I said I just took it to heart, which I apologise for. I can't wait to discover this whole maternal instinct thing that people go on about, it sounds pretty cool...
But yeah, being a post on a messageboard rather than being said face-to-face where inflection, emphasis and tone isn't present, I just took it to be a sarcastic little aside, which I apologise for because I realise it was most likely meant in a completely different context - and I even agree with the statement in the context it was meant. Haha, welcome to being pregnant - I'm forever taking things personally, bursting into tears over running out of Vegemite, and picking fights with women at the grocery store because I just want to. It's horrific!
Thankfully my parents raised me better than to just have kids with the first person who came along, so to me it's almost unthinkable that somebody would have a baby with a person who isn't 'the one'. Unfortunately it's all too prevalent in today's society, and it saddens me.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 2nd, 2007 at 06:03am
But yeah, being a post on a messageboard rather than being said face-to-face where inflection, emphasis and tone isn't present, I just took it to be a sarcastic little aside, which I apologise for because I realise it was most likely meant in a completely different context - and I even agree with the statement in the context it was meant. Haha, welcome to being pregnant - I'm forever taking things personally, bursting into tears over running out of Vegemite, and picking fights with women at the grocery store because I just want to. It's horrific!

EDIT: ARRRG *kills myself*
So that wasn't meant to come up as three goddamned posts - my computer is lagging like nothing else and doing some screwy crap that I have no idea how to fix... mods, feel free to delete those first two posts (and why the heck can't I find a 'delete post' button?)
I luv Frankadizzle
Jazz Hands
I luv Frankadizzle
April 2nd, 2007 at 01:16pm
pregancy is pregnancy, no matter how old you are.

But if it is a teen pregnancy (unless its some sicko who raped the poor woman) the man to me must take half the resposbility for the baby as well as the woman. That is just my opinion. It sickens me that a guy imprenganates a woman and just runs off. Thats my main opinion. On the whole thing.

I'm sorry thats the only thing that bugs me about teen pregnancy when the man abandons the woman just because she's pregnant! and younh
brutal_kill
Killjoy
brutal_kill
April 2nd, 2007 at 02:31pm
first of teens shouldnt even be having sex in the first place! i mean its not only thier fault they got pregnant but its also the parents fault for giving thier child to much freedom..its a matter of raising your child some restrictions.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
April 2nd, 2007 at 02:35pm
My mother had me when she was only 17. I grew up fine, she is very understanding and doesn't give me to much freedom to were I am running around the house like I'm insane because I have no boundries. I think pregancy is pregnancy, no matter how old you are. Just like Frankadizzle said. Just because you are young doesn't make you an unfit parent, just because you are young doesn't mean you give your kids to much freedom. I think you should recheck your reserch brutal_kill.
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
April 2nd, 2007 at 02:54pm
from suzi in ghost.:
Teen pregnancy is sad. =(

It is sad watching these girls and their lives being ruined by one stupid action which can be stopped. But it is their choice what they do with the child as it is in their body.
the whack parade.
Demolition Lover
the whack parade.
April 2nd, 2007 at 04:46pm
Before a couple decides to have sex, they should know what they're risking.

If they know they can be able to support it once they find out that she's pregnant, then fine, let them. However, I think that teens are still too naive to know how to raise a child. I could be wrong about some. But being pregnant at a fairly young age is scary shit.
I luv Frankadizzle
Jazz Hands
I luv Frankadizzle
April 2nd, 2007 at 06:35pm
Jenelle Syndrome.:
Before a couple decides to have sex, they should know what they're risking.

If they know they can be able to support it once they find out that she's pregnant, then fine, let them. However, I think that teens are still too naive to know how to raise a child. I could be wrong about some. But being pregnant at a fairly young age is scary shit.

Agree a girl who was brilliant at my school almost didn't graduate because she got pregnant at the end of her high school career
Jacket Slut.
Bleeding on the Floor
Jacket Slut.
April 7th, 2007 at 10:49am
i think that tennage pregnancy is rediculous.
It screws up peoples lives bcuz a teenager is not ready to become a mother or father. And when they get pregnant some of them want to have an abortion but they should have to live with their mistake...but its their stupid fault for having sex anyway..so yeah..
LOVE?
Fabulous Killjoy
LOVE?
April 8th, 2007 at 09:26pm
i think there is nothing wrong with teen pregencys because it there choose and it shouldn't matter! Sad
Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 10th, 2007 at 02:25pm
Before i say my opinion i would like to say somthing: [I am sory if what i have to say offends anyone, so please do not throw bottles or other various items at me, thankyou]

I think teenage pregnancy is wrong.
13-16 year olds are still young themselves, they still need looking after and education, they havent got the mental and physical strenght to look after a young baby, education is far more important at that age. Plus dumping your child on your mother whilst you go to school isnt right becos your child will look up to your mother more than you. Also there are health risks and the child is most likey to have children at yound age, So personally i think teen pregnancy is wrong,.
Black Meriah
Really Not Okay
Black Meriah
April 10th, 2007 at 03:32pm
I don't necessarily think teen pregancy is WRONG... At least that's not the word I'd choose to describe it. A child being born isn't wrong. I think it's more sad, at least if the mother is a teenager, and not responisible enough to raise a child, or something like that. Teenagers have so much life yet to live, and things to experience before they give birth to a child. And besides each situation is different, and I wouldn't state my oppinion on somebody before I knew the story behind...