Don't have an account? Create one!

Racism

AuthorMessage
EATEN ALIVE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
EATEN ALIVE
March 1st, 2007 at 12:27pm
there's no point in racism.
we're all people, and the color of our skin or the country we come from doesnt really tell that much about us.

i see racism a lot though.
here in Finland there are lots of Russians living here, and because Finland used to be part of Russia, and then there was the war and we got independent.. finnish people seem to have this right to not like russians. many call them with names and russians in my school are avoided and ignored and all that stuff. and its pure racism, but then when you talk to those ignoring/avoiding people they really say they have the right to not like them cause they're russian.
i do not get that.

other "funny" thing is that kids my age, teenagers, are cra-zy about american rappers. which, many happen to be African Americans. and they are all cool and perfect and what not, but then when they see an average, normal black dude walking on the street, they suddenly can yell all shit at that poor guy.
not cool.

it should not matter if youre white or black or frikkin green. skin color doesnt make us what we are; we still have all the chances to be good persons or total ------.
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
March 1st, 2007 at 04:03pm
Yeah, I see your view. Wink
I'm resigned by all the crappy visions that we people have towards each other.
Gah, it just crush my opinion of the human beings.
And by that, I mean generally.
Even though we may look very different, we are more alike than we give our selves credit for. Wink
AmberGirl
March 11th, 2007 at 05:53pm
Ta Mere:
Yara:
Why is it ok for black people to use the n-word freely, but when white people do it, they're racists?

EXACTLY!!
I go to a school that is i think... 70% african american? something like that. And all the black kids are like "you my b****" or "Hey ni**a"
stuff like that, but if a white kid were to say it, it's HORRIBLE. Now i'm not saying it's not horrible for a white kid to say that, but if black kids are allowed to, I think whites should too.
Another thing is that people always seem to refer to racism as whites being racist towards blacks, but it happens both ways. A lot of days at school i'm treated badly by some black kid i don't even know because i'm white. or better yet referred to as "that white girl" whereas if i were to say "that black girl" i would probably be suspended.

The day before yesterday I bumped into a black person(I go to a school were it is 70%-to80% black) I kept walking, I figured that we hardly toughed so BFD, right? NO!!! I got called "Fucking White Bitch". Guess what? That pissed me off, I was going to turn around and say some certain words, but my boyfriend grabbed my armed and, "You don't want to do that. You'll get the shit beat out of you." Quite frankly I'm scared to go to school most mornings, because I saw somebody's head get beat into a locker for saying somthing that a black person didn't like.

In my world I'll respect you until you give me a reason not to.
forgotten16
Fabulous Killjoy
forgotten16
March 11th, 2007 at 05:57pm
Hiya, i'm new here! I just want to say that i think it is extremely ignorant for black people to use the n-word, then turn around and get angry when someone of another race says it. if the n-word is so "bad", then no one should use it. by the way, i am black myself.
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
March 11th, 2007 at 07:19pm
I_Love_Revenge:
Ta Mere:
Yara:
Why is it ok for black people to use the n-word freely, but when white people do it, they're racists?

EXACTLY!!
I go to a school that is i think... 70% african american? something like that. And all the black kids are like "you my b****" or "Hey ni**a"
stuff like that, but if a white kid were to say it, it's HORRIBLE. Now i'm not saying it's not horrible for a white kid to say that, but if black kids are allowed to, I think whites should too.
Another thing is that people always seem to refer to racism as whites being racist towards blacks, but it happens both ways. A lot of days at school i'm treated badly by some black kid i don't even know because i'm white. or better yet referred to as "that white girl" whereas if i were to say "that black girl" i would probably be suspended.

The day before yesterday I bumped into a black person(I go to a school were it is 70%-to80% black) I kept walking, I figured that we hardly toughed so BFD, right? NO!!! I got called "Fucking White Bitch". Guess what? That pissed me off, I was going to turn around and say some certain words, but my boyfriend grabbed my armed and, "You don't want to do that. You'll get the shit beat out of you." Quite frankly I'm scared to go to school most mornings, because I saw somebody's head get beat into a locker for saying somthing that a black person didn't like.

Why are you all making generalizations saying basically that all black people said "nigger"? That's not true so stop making it seem that way. We don't all run around like little animals saying, " 'Sup my nigga?" or "Hey bitch" or "Fucking white girl." Some of us are educated, even though you may not think so... I also go to a school that is mostly black and it pisses me off that the majority act foolishly and make the rest of us look bad. We get people like you ranting on about us on the internet saying how you just don't understand why we get away with stuff that you don't. Look, I'm black and I don't do that stuff so when you say black people make sure you specify by saying some. Not all...
AmberGirl
Killjoy
AmberGirl
March 11th, 2007 at 07:31pm
Roxx my Soxx:
I_Love_Revenge:
Ta Mere:
Yara:

EXACTLY!!

Why are you all making generalizations saying basically that all black people said "nigger"? That's not true so stop making it seem that way. We don't all run around like little animals saying, " 'Sup my nigga?" or "Hey bitch" or "Fucking white girl." Some of us are educated, even though you may not think so... I also go to a school that is mostly black and it pisses me off that the majority act foolishly and make the rest of us look bad. We get people like you ranting on about us on the internet saying how you just don't understand why we get away with stuff that you don't. Look, I'm black and I don't do that stuff so when you say black people make sure you specify by saying some. Not all...

News Flash- We weren't talking about educated african-americans!!!!!!!!! And I never said fucking ALL.
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
March 11th, 2007 at 08:29pm
Yara; wtf...:

I never quite know what to say to that question but I'll give it my best shot...Idk as a black person it's just weird when someone who isn't black says it..Maybe because from a long time ago when white people said it was used to degrade black people and to make them feel inferior..But when a black person uses it it doesn't hold the same meaning as when someone else does...I'm sorry if that made no sense..I tried...
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
March 11th, 2007 at 08:32pm
Profanity is FORBIDDEN in the Discussion Board.
Please refrain from using it.
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
March 11th, 2007 at 11:37pm
I_Love_Revenge:
News Flash- We weren't talking about educated african-americans!!!!!!!!! And I never said fucking ALL.

Please read the above post.

And it was implied.
ctroy92
Killjoy
ctroy92
March 12th, 2007 at 09:19am
I think racism is stupid. (please think of the bunny) lmao... but really people shouldn't think different of someone because the color of their skin. They should look at the much wider picture. They can have friends that are black white tan w/e but people say no they can't they think differently or the way they dress or the way they talk. Doesn't matter they are still people.
Nyx;zombified
Killjoy
Nyx;zombified
March 12th, 2007 at 03:58pm
If anyone makes a racist comment and I hear it, I get this uncontrollable anger and pretty much explode at them. I can't help it. And if I try to control it, I end up destroying something.
I especially hate those who are racist and hide behind the old excuse of 'Freedom Of Speech'. I believe that's the right to express opinions and not use speech to hurt someone BECAUSE of that opinion?
Racism is wholly unnecessary. I pity racists for being so close-minded and uneducated.

December:
Yara:

I know this is late but I have to respond to it. We (African Americans) made the n-word into a postive word for us. When we use the n-word , we use it as a term of endearment or a way to express ourselfs. We aren't using it in a negative way. When a white person says it, its wrong and it's very racists. During the slavery days, white people used the word as a put down. They would use that word to humiliate us.

]For example look at Martin Luther King. The guy died trying to get us African American's equal rights. Even 'till this day we are still fighting for our rights.

You are still fighting for equality and your rights.
If there is equality, surely the words that we use should be viewed in equality too. If a white person uses the n-word with no hurtful or negative intentions, they shouldn't be crucified for it. Yes, fair enough if it IS used for harm, but just because the n-word comes out of a white mouth doesn't mean it is disrespectful. Think about the whole sentence, and not just that word.
xerica.fiercex
Jazz Hands
xerica.fiercex
March 12th, 2007 at 04:07pm
i think racism is stupid pointless and really mean. i come from a poor highly populated hispanic town. if you go anywhere and they know you are from there instantly you are a poor meixcan from ghettoville or beanerville.
i mean seriously..the ignorant shouldnt be allowed to talk..
and this whole thing with illegal immigrants. everyone assumes that i will be sent back to Mexico.. im like.. do you even understand wats going on and why do you assume that all mexicans are illegal immigrants.
im sorry but i deal with this stuff everyday. or at the mall. i get lil remarks like "why arent you picking oranges" thrown at me.. its so fustrating..
i dont say anything back because i see nothing when i look at a person.. i wait to know their personality.. i wish i had the same respect.
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
March 13th, 2007 at 08:01am
Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. Even though I'm Caucasian, I've got many friends that come from different religions, cultures, etc.
They are being discrimminated every day by people and the society in general. It's gruesome.
Some of my friends have really been destroyed by this, so racism is a major problem in the world.
oo00oo
March 13th, 2007 at 09:38pm
Just because someone is different from you doesn't any les human. So derr, I think racism is horrible. But its crazzy how people judge like that. I have never judged just because of race, or heritige. The world is full of hate that we can't stop what people say. I have people in my family that dislike African Americans and I hate to be around those family members. Then again, they act fake around them. Its disgusting. Disgust
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 14th, 2007 at 01:21am
Me too. I haven't been judged because I'm Asian...YET. But the world isn't really full of hate. Oh, two-faced family members, eh? That must be pretty hard on you.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 14th, 2007 at 06:07am
ugh i cannot stand racism it makes me sick to my stomach

i am white and everyone in my school almost is white because its a christian school in australia my school has abut 40-50 aboriginal people and ONE black person from kenya...one. and shes aweosme i love her to pieces
but anyway

my friends disgust me sometimes. if you get a tan, if its a really dark tan (like my friend dillon because he is a natural tanning..type person) my friends are like: "omg we were at the beach and he got so tanned...he look so n******. " or "god you got so n****** yesterday how much tan did u get?"

it really does make me sick.

and my friend from new zealand (well..ex friend) fletcher, bullied me last year about how i am an "effing nazi" or a i worship hitler and have a shrine to hitler. (because my background is german)
i cried every night for atleast 3 weeks.
racism must stop. its horrible.
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
March 14th, 2007 at 02:32pm
I_Love_Revenge:
Roxx my Soxx:
I_Love_Revenge:
Ta Mere:
Yara:

EXACTLY!!

Oh GAAAH!!! No drama on the boardies. Mad WEll you know, some african-american people are like that, who don't seem to realize that it's pretty much bashing on themselves, but many aren't. I know super smart African American people who will give you a five hour lecture if you use the N word.
And racism sucks. It's not even just black vs. white anymore. I've gotten called a Paki, and I'M FRIGGIN` INDIAN!!
Point is:
"Stop being Pricks and give everyone a hug!"
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 14th, 2007 at 09:36pm
Please avoid pyramid quoting.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 14th, 2007 at 10:02pm
Ladysaw731:
Yara; wtf...:

I never quite know what to say to that question but I'll give it my best shot...Idk as a black person it's just weird when someone who isn't black says it..Maybe because from a long time ago when white people said it was used to degrade black people and to make them feel inferior..But when a black person uses it it doesn't hold the same meaning as when someone else does...I'm sorry if that made no sense..I tried...

It's sort of like me calling myself a dyke, but if someone does it hatefully it's an insult.
So I kinda get it.
FallOutGirl
Killjoy
FallOutGirl
March 14th, 2007 at 10:07pm
Racism is EVERYWHERE whether you think it is or not. It can determine who people hang out with. Who people date. The truth is--IT DOESNT MATTER!!! We're all the same on the inside no matter what color, religion, size, or what Ideas we have! Racism is seriously a HUGE problem in today's society.