Don't have an account? Create one!

Racism

AuthorMessage
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
March 14th, 2007 at 11:29pm
druscilla; callmedru:
It's sort of like me calling myself a dyke, but if someone does it hatefully it's an insult.
So I kinda get it.

Any word can be used hatefully; dyke, fag, retard, freak
are just some of the common ones.
The word itself has no meaning, save for that which is put to it when a person
speaks it, introducing intonation and inflection onto it.

The word can be spoken by two different people and mean two different things,
and as long as the word is spoken in a non-hateful way, then it is fine to say
nigger, fag, dyke, or retard.

Fine, but not politically correct.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 14th, 2007 at 11:43pm
Yeah. Same thing with swearwords, I think. And the middle finger.
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 15th, 2007 at 01:19pm
racism sucks......our school is having a diversity day next week to celebrate how diverse the school population is.......im the only black girl....and theyres a chinease boy i think thats it....the school is actually overun with chavs who i know are just going to make fun of my culture....grr...
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
March 15th, 2007 at 01:41pm
Where I grew up, I never thought about the difference of skin color. I just thought we came in a wide variety of colors and that was normal. When I was 13, we moved to Tennessee and I went to a new school. I walked past a girl in the hall and she dropped her book. I reached down to pick it up and hand it to her. She backed away from me, terrified. She looked like she wanted to run. I was totally confused and just held out her book. She took it, looked at me strangely and ran away. Then, another girl comes over to me and said ...
"Oh, you're not supposed to talk to them."
I was like, "them?"
"Yeah. Them."
"Why?"
"Why? They're BLACK."
"You're kidding, right?"

I was stunned. Apparently there were only two black girls in our school (the rest was white) and they were treated like scum. I was told to avoid them like the plague and never let them touch me. I had never encountered racism before. It was shocking. I was glad when we moved to a more diverse school the next year. The southern U.S. is a very scary place sometimes. They still have KKK marches and burn crosses on people's yards. Unbelievable.
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
March 15th, 2007 at 09:23pm
Beeblebrox:
Where I grew up, I never thought about the difference of skin color. I just thought we came in a wide variety of colors and that was normal. When I was 13, we moved to Tennessee and I went to a new school. I walked past a girl in the hall and she dropped her book. I reached down to pick it up and hand it to her. She backed away from me, terrified. She looked like she wanted to run. I was totally confused and just held out her book. She took it, looked at me strangely and ran away. Then, another girl comes over to me and said ...
"Oh, you're not supposed to talk to them."
I was like, "them?"
"Yeah. Them."
"Why?"
"Why? They're BLACK."
"You're kidding, right?"

I was stunned. Apparently there were only two black girls in our school (the rest was white) and they were treated like scum. I was told to avoid them like the plague and never let them touch me. I had never encountered racism before. It was shocking. I was glad when we moved to a more diverse school the next year. The southern U.S. is a very scary place sometimes. They still have KKK marches and burn crosses on people's yards. Unbelievable.

Horrible. Absolutely outrageous.

Once the KKK came to St. Pete (in live in Tampa and that's only 30 minutes away) when I was in 5th or 6th grade. I was so scared. I thought that they were coming to kill all us (blacks) because I didn't know any better. 10 were supposed to show but only 3 did. I remember watching it on the news. Those three that did come got the crap beaten out of them. By whites and blacks. I didn't really understand the whole situation until I was older though.
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 16th, 2007 at 04:18pm
oh our version of the KKK would be the british national party ....theyre sooo scary no they actually are!! and for some reason theirs a seik (sp?) member who is going to testify for nick griffin leader of bnp that he is not a racist as nick griffin has been arrested for stirring racial hatred. what a foolish man i say! someon fish slap him! anyway in my school no-one dares be racist to me as my bro is the local hardman but hes not a gangster a geek really but a mucular boxer geek. i am soo off the topic here lol so yeah racism sucks! no buts. no racism!
Grief
Joining The Black Parade
Grief
March 17th, 2007 at 01:20pm
I think society today, well from England, is a disgrace. I can't believe that racism as escalated to such a scale. All it is is predjudice, but why do people who show racists behavious towards people, get into more trouble than people who are sexist, or homophobic?
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 17th, 2007 at 01:43pm
good question....dont really know the answer to that one. in modern studies yesterday there was a preppy girl who clearly stated she was homophobic and gave her reason why and no-one said anything whereas if she had said she was a racist she would have been sent to the assighment room and everyone would have hared her.... but yeah english society aswell as british on a whole is a disgrace and its no longer people like me - asian who are at the forefront of the racial attacks people have moved on to the polish the polish have everyright to be in this country now that they have joined the EU so they should be left alone they are wonderful people and plus theyre hot!
Grief
Joining The Black Parade
Grief
March 17th, 2007 at 01:46pm
LOL ^^
Another issue which came up in the British news was the fact of the nursery rhyme 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' changing it's name.
This wasn't true. Simply media aggrivating an already restless topic, which has already caused much controversy.
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 17th, 2007 at 02:58pm
political correctness has gone over the roof, reading the metro on the way to school on friday i read that they were changing the name of the story 3 little pigs to the 3 little puppies to avoid offending muslims and jewish people because they dont eat pork....freaking insane...its casts minorities in bad light and even the mullahs and imams at the mosques complained that who ever had decidied this move was an idiot. if we had the 3 little puppies then we would also need to ban Old Mother Hubbard (discrimination laws would ban any referance to her age)
the lion the witch and the wardrobe (possible faith discrimination on the witch
little red riding hood (little should be changed to vertically challenged)
three blind mice (should be three visually impaired mice)
there was a crooked man (needs to lose anti- disabled stance)

the worst was when they banned the christmas lights from a town because they wanted to be seen a multi- cultural. my family are muslim and we go every year to see them be put up...i dont think ethnics feel isolated by freaking christmas lights.....

what im trying to get at is the fools who decide to take down the chrismas lights and stuff are only casting minorites in a bad light and then we get shouted at and attacked for ruining christmans...

i dont even understand what im talking about anymore lol
Grief
Joining The Black Parade
Grief
March 17th, 2007 at 03:21pm
Exactly. A lot of racism is caused by what the government is doing, not what the race is. The British government is so busy thinking it is pleasing the minority, that it is letting down its people, and causing a gap between us both.
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 17th, 2007 at 03:28pm
youve hit the nail on the head buddy lol
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 17th, 2007 at 03:48pm
but...vertically challenged riding hood....lmao
Phil Tayag
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Phil Tayag
March 17th, 2007 at 04:19pm
It makes me so sad to see racist/prejudiced people left in the world. Especially when there are so many children of mixed races who pick up on these attitudes. As a child of a Polynesian descent/African American mother and a Caucasian father, I am happy that I was brought up to LOVE everyone. Everyone hasn't had it like me. Some kids are so conflicted by these attitudes that they end of hating themselves. And that's heartbreaking. And by prejudiced I don't just mean by race.
Gay, lesbian, and other people with alternative lifestyles are also hated on, and it sucks. People can be so mean.
Grief
Joining The Black Parade
Grief
March 17th, 2007 at 04:20pm
TheLastActionHero:

I know, that made me LOL Very Happy
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
March 17th, 2007 at 06:39pm
Grief:
TheLastActionHero:

I know, that made me LOL Very Happy
Please keep to the topic, both of you.
Any off topic posts are spam.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
March 17th, 2007 at 08:47pm
Yara; wtf...:
Why is it okay for black people to use the n-word freely, but when white people do it, they're racists?

Good point. I don't know.

Racism is just awful. Why is anyone less important/more important because of their skin colour? It's only because where they / their ancestors lived was sunnier, so your skin had to have more of a natural tan!!

When your three, and you come home from nursery or kindergarden or whatever, crying, because someone said you had wierd hair or whatever, parents will usually say "we're all different", but in my family, there was always something severly missing from that sentence. "And that's what makes us special". Sorry if that sounded weird. But would people rather us all be metal, with no thoughts?

To some people I know, the answers yes.
Grief
Joining The Black Parade
Grief
March 17th, 2007 at 09:41pm
[quote="keep Kathryn secret."]
Yara; wtf...:
Why is it okay for black people to use the n-word freely, but when white people do it, they're racists?

I once had this conversation on another forum, in which there was a black guy, who whilst sometimes providing some valid points, could be very obnoxious.
I asked the same question, in which he replied:
"We say 'Nigga', this is a friendly term"
"You say 'Nigger', which is racist"
I was like WTF? So how do they understand which context it's in.
his reply was
"oh thats simple, we always say 'nigga' you white people say 'nigger'
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
March 17th, 2007 at 11:17pm
The same thing seems to be brought up in this thread over and over...

Why do black people use the n-word but we can't?

This is a stupid comment in itself. First of all... Not ALL black people use the "n-word" freely. Secondly, those blacks that try to justify it by changing the ending are stupid. Thirdly, even though black people SHOULD NOT be using the word at all (seeing as it makes whites wonder why they can't say it and it is a double standard) when they do, it's not meant in a harmful way... for the most part. When whites use it, it's normally going in a sentence like this, "Those fucking niggers need to find someplace else to hang out," or something like that... The meaning is different even though the origin isn't and even though it doesn't make the word any less offensive to some.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
March 19th, 2007 at 02:15pm
keep Kathryn secret.:
Yara; wtf...:

I once had this conversation on another forum, in which there was a black guy, who whilst sometimes providing some valid points, could be very obnoxious.
I asked the same question, in which he replied:
"We say 'Nigga', this is a friendly term"
"You say 'Nigger', which is racist"
I was like WTF? So how do they understand which context it's in.
his reply was
"oh thats simple, we always say 'nigga' you white people say 'nigger'

If anyone of you spam once more say goodbye to this thread. Stick to the topic. It's your views on racism not your conversations with different people.

Anywase, racism effects everyone in the world. The movie Crash explains a lot and proves a point. It's wrong to think that just because someone is black he's going to shoot you, believe it or not, it's wrong to be like, "Oh, you are Chinese, you must be good at math." It hurts people, but racism isn't going anywere. People will always be sterotyped or judged for the color of the skin and or religion they are. And just because someone is black doesn't mean it's still okay to say "nigger" or "nigga", to me... I wouldn't walk up to my dad who is black and call him a nigga. It doesn't make it right because he's black and I'm half. Racism isn't going anywere. I don't think it ever is going to stop either.