Don't have an account? Create one!

Racism

AuthorMessage
Ta Mere
Shotgun Sinner
Ta Mere
May 31st, 2006 at 08:09pm
Yara:
Why is it ok for black people to use the n-word freely, but when white people do it, they're racists?

EXACTLY!!
I go to a school that is i think... 70% african american? something like that. And all the black kids are like "you my b****" or "Hey ni**a"
stuff like that, but if a white kid were to say it, it's HORRIBLE. Now i'm not saying it's not horrible for a white kid to say that, but if black kids are allowed to, I think whites should too.
Another thing is that people always seem to refer to racism as whites being racist towards blacks, but it happens both ways. A lot of days at school i'm treated badly by some black kid i don't even know because i'm white. or better yet referred to as "that white girl" whereas if i were to say "that black girl" i would probably be suspended.
Becky
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Becky
May 31st, 2006 at 08:16pm
Ta Mere:
Yara:
Why is it ok for black people to use the n-word freely, but when white people do it, they're racists?

EXACTLY!!
I go to a school that is i think... 70% african american? something like that. And all the black kids are like "you my b****" or "Hey ni**a"
stuff like that, but if a white kid were to say it, it's HORRIBLE. Now i'm not saying it's not horrible for a white kid to say that, but if black kids are allowed to, I think whites should too.
Another thing is that people always seem to refer to racism as whites being racist towards blacks, but it happens both ways. A lot of days at school i'm treated badly by some black kid i don't even know because i'm white. or better yet referred to as "that white girl" whereas if i were to say "that black girl" i would probably be suspended.

yeah that happens to me, i go to a school that seems to me that is all black. and it pisses me off that allways in an argument they bring in "the white girl" or "white cracker', IM HISPANIC. and i know if i would call that person black i wouldnt get suspended i would get me ass whooped. but i have to admit almost all my friends are black and i know that they got my back.
omg!_its izzy!
Really Not Okay
omg!_its izzy!
May 31st, 2006 at 08:28pm
dont have a go at me for this but what makes me sick the most is when asian people come over to the country and are been waited on hand and foot. they have a brand new care for free, a new job, brand new house. they come over and act like thwe country's theirs alone. they want a new government for asian people and they want displays off christmas and easter in public places to be band. public places like school. and they also want the christmas holidays and easter holidays to be band and make all the kids go to school because crimbo and easter is against their religion. but what about all the kids that believ in the true meaning off easter and crimbo and they wont be able to have time to celebate this.

you all might think im racist for thinking like and im not on about all asians. im on about illegal immigrants mainly. i do think its bad about what is happening in thier own country with the war and everything but they can not come over here and try and turn the country around. i dont mind them living here as long as they abide by the rules off the country \.
RioneZ
Thinking Happy Thoughts
RioneZ
May 31st, 2006 at 08:31pm
Yara:
I am not a racist.

But I have never once in my life met a single black person that I've been able to respect. Every black person I've met, be it man or woman, has been disrespectful, uneducated, rude and violent.

But I still give every person I meet a new chance. No matter the skin color.

Amost every black person at my school is like that except one. And They're racist against me.
secret_goldfish
Shotgun Sinner
secret_goldfish
May 31st, 2006 at 08:33pm
mm why has this discussion become a matter of primarily black and white matters? there are other minorities than African Americans, but I'm just pointing that out. Wink
Adora Angel
In The Murder Scene
Adora Angel
May 31st, 2006 at 08:50pm
Yara:

I asked one of my friends that actually.

She told me it had something to do with their pride or whatnot, that she found it pathetic how someone get's all mad when the word is used.

I've never used the word, so I wouldn't know.
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
May 31st, 2006 at 09:09pm
One thing that pisses me off is it's always the whites who are disrespectful
to the african americans.
African Ameircans can rip around being as rude and condisending and excluding to the whites all they want.
As soon as a white does that they're immediatly racist.
African Americans/Blacks can have such a moody, hateful additude
towards whites. If they were to let down there guard just a little bit it might help the situation out.....
I'm not trying to be racist. Anything but that.
Just pointing out something I've noticed. =/
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
June 1st, 2006 at 07:08am
Racism is the reason I want to knock some people to the ground.

People are so sterotypical. Boys at my school pick on a Middle-Eastern kid by calling him a terrorist and asking him if he keeps a bomb in his locker.

They pick on my friend, calling her "gook" and "powerpoint". She beat the hell out of the ringleader in the best fight I've ever seen. It was fantastic. I don't mean to promote violence, or say that it's the answer, but a 4'9"er taking on a 6'0"er and winning... it was great.

I would stand up, and tell them to stop it, but this group picks on me, not racism, but for other things.

It's a disgusting, horrible way to prove something. It's low, inhumane almost.

And something I feel strongly about.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
June 1st, 2006 at 07:20am
Scout for President.:
[color=hotpink]It's a disgusting, horrible way to prove something. It's low and inhumane at best.
color]
Celine For War
Shotgun Sinner
Celine For War
June 1st, 2006 at 07:23am
racism, not good. all of us are equal.
scorpio_857
Killjoy
scorpio_857
June 1st, 2006 at 07:31am
Poem by an African........Awesome

When I born, I Black,
When I grow up, I Black,
When I go in Sun, I Black,
When I scared, I Black,
When I sick, I Black,
And when I die, I still black.......

And you White fella,
When you born, you Pink,
When you grow up, you White,
When you go in Sun, you Red,
When you cold, you Blue,
When you scared, you Yellow,
When you sick, you Green,
And when you die, you Gray.................
And you calling me Colored ???????????
Happy in the rain
Salute You in Your Grave
Happy in the rain
June 1st, 2006 at 08:16am
A great book to read about Racism is Noughts and Crosses, it is basicly about to gangs noughts (white people and crosses (black people) and they fight. Then a guy from the naughts falls in love with a girl from the crosses. But they get seperated and have had to keep their love a secret. They meet up again but the guy has to choose between everything he has ever known about the crosses and his loved one. And to sum it up, they have to try and make it work. It's all about racism basically.
Cute without the E
Salute You in Your Grave
Cute without the E
June 1st, 2006 at 11:21am
~Slice me into pieces~:
A great book to read about Racism is Noughts and Crosses, it is basicly about to gangs noughts (white people and crosses (black people) and they fight. Then a guy from the naughts falls in love with a girl from the crosses. But they get seperated and have had to keep their love a secret. They meet up again but the guy has to choose between everything he has ever known about the crosses and his loved one. And to sum it up, they have to try and make it work. It's all about racism basically.

Yeah I've read that, its awesome. It helps you to see racism in a different light, I think.
chillpill
Always Born a Crime
chillpill
June 1st, 2006 at 11:33am
This Poem is by an unknown source.

The Cold Within

Six humans trapped by happenstance, in bleak and bitter cold,
Each one possessed a stick of wood, or so the story's told.

Their dying fire in need of logs, the first man held his back,
For of the faces 'round the fire, he noticed one was black.

The next man looking 'cross the way saw one not of his church,
And couldn't bring himself to give the fire his stick of birch.

The third one sat in tattered clothes, he gave his coat a hitch,
Why should his log be put to use to warm the idle rich?

The rich man just sat back and thought of the wealth he had in store,
And how to keep what he had earned from the lazy, shiftless poor.

The black man's face bespoke revenge as the fire passed from site,
For all he saw in his stick was a chance to spite the white.

The last man of this forlorn group did naught except for gain,
Giving only to those who gave was how he played the game.

Their logs held tight in death's still hand was proof of human sin,
They didn't die from the cold without - they died from the cold within.
December
Bleeding on the Floor
December
June 1st, 2006 at 12:41pm
Yara:

I know this is late but I have to respond to it. We (African Americans) made the n-word into a postive word for us. When we use the n-word , we use it as a term of endearment or a way to express ourselfs. We aren't using it in a negative way. When a white person says it, its wrong and it's very racists. During the slavery days, white people used the word as a put down. They would use that word to humiliate us.

Sippin Dat Emo Juice:
Im not racist, im honest. Some things people say that end up racist are true. Like how some (not all) black people start up with thier ancestors being slaves and blah blah blah. Stop hiding behind slavery! If you want "equal rights", then you can help and stop using that as your excuse. Sorry if i offended anyone, but its not racist, it is true (in some people, not all).

Were not hiding behind slavery. Its a part of our history. In case you have forgotten, we were brought here against our will. White people came to Africa and bought us to America. What, do you want us to forget about our past? We have been fighting for equal rights forever. Sure we have made a little progress, but not much. For example look at Martin Luther King. The guy died trying to get us African American's equal rights. Even 'till this day we are still fighting for our rights.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 1st, 2006 at 12:59pm
Yara:

I've heard a lot of explanations, but they're all invalid.

I really hate racial slurs. Of any kind. Used by anyone. Any racial generalizations. AT ALL. I strongly believe that the only way to end racism is for EVERY SINGLE PERSON to stop identifying themselves as a race. Period.

I do that as much as possible. I do everything I can not to racially profile or use slurs. Sometimes kids do it. They'll be joking with friends, even friends of a different race, and talk about it. But no. I don't think it's accpetable. We're all people and the human race is the ONLY race people should have.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 1st, 2006 at 01:00pm
By the way, guys:

You're not African-American unless you WERE BORN IN AFRICA AND MOVED TO THIS COUNTRY.

Just so that's, uh, cleared up. -_-
December
Bleeding on the Floor
December
June 1st, 2006 at 01:11pm
retardsrule:
By the way, guys:

You're not African-American unless you WERE BORN IN AFRICA AND MOVED TO THIS COUNTRY.

Thats not entirely true. You don't have to be born in Africa to be an African American. An African American is black American of African ancestry.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 1st, 2006 at 01:16pm
*FeelingYoungAndReckless*:
retardsrule:
By the way, guys:

Thats not entirely true. You don't have to be born in Africa to be an African American. An African American is black American of African ancestry.

Only if you're particularly concerned about being politically correct.

So am I a Polish-Irish-German-Jewish American?
December
Bleeding on the Floor
December
June 1st, 2006 at 01:21pm
retardsrule:
Only if you're particularly concerned about being politically correct.

So am I a Polish-Irish-German-Jewish American?

I guess you are. I don't know.