Don't have an account? Create one!

Racism

AuthorMessage
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
April 3rd, 2007 at 05:28am
I'm sure this will get me lots of shit thrown at me, but please, XPhantomsX_xX_XX-XXXForeverX or whatever, come in here. I need someone to explain why some black people see every single white person as a racist. Can't you see that you are inflicting racism on yourselves?
This probably will come off as some kind of horrible stereotype, but honestly, black people do this more than any other race.

Racism is the latest trend. If people don't like you, why not call them racists?
Enough already. We are different. Our skin colour is different, our cultures are different, there's no way to get around that. Making everyone who is honest about this a racist won't help.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 3rd, 2007 at 06:33am
MANIPULATOR!:
I'm sure this will get me lots of shit thrown at me, but please, XPhantomsX_xX_XX-XXXForeverX or whatever, come in here. I need someone to explain why some black people see every single white person as a racist. Can't you see that you are inflicting racism on yourselves?
This probably will come off as some kind of horrible stereotype, but honestly, black people do this more than any other race.

Don't worry, I agree with that standpoint. It's kind of what I was trying to say in my previous posts in this thread, so don't feel alone.
I feel it is the honest-to-God truth that whites are painted as racists willy-nilly, but blacks can get away with overt or subvertly racist behaviour and people either don't spot it, or are too scared to speak up and disagree with it.
Bear in mind though that when I say 'blacks' I'm talking about Australian aborigines, because I've never been to the US and therefore can't say anything about African-Americans, because I've never met any.
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
April 3rd, 2007 at 07:02am
Cigarettes And Suicide:
Don't worry, I agree with that standpoint. It's kind of what I was trying to say in my previous posts in this thread, so don't feel alone.
I feel it is the honest-to-God truth that whites are painted as racists willy-nilly, but blacks can get away with overt or subvertly racist behaviour and people either don't spot it, or are too scared to speak up and disagree with it.
Bear in mind though that when I say 'blacks' I'm talking about Australian aborigines, because I've never been to the US and therefore can't say anything about African-Americans, because I've never met any.
Yeah. This is also where the language comes into the whole thing.

I live in Sweden, where we have loads of people from the middle-east area. And I've got to tell you, honestly, those kids are such misfits.
They can't speak the language, so when they start behaving badly and you tell them to stop they won't fully understand. If they do undersatnd, they will start these huge fights and it will end up with them stabbing someone.
They come from a country, without a working lawsystem, with the belief that all places are like this. Their parents need to get their heads out of their asses. Iraq isn't Sweden or vice versa, we don't need a broken country's crime culture, thank you very much.

I've seriously considered carrying a knife with me, 'cause these kids... well. Shit.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 3rd, 2007 at 11:15am
MANIPULATOR!:

I live in Sweden, where we have loads of people from the middle-east area. And I've got to tell you, honestly, those kids are such misfits.
They can't speak the language, so when they start behaving badly and you tell them to stop they won't fully understand. If they do undersatnd, they will start these huge fights and it will end up with them stabbing someone.
They come from a country, without a working lawsystem, with the belief that all places are like this. Their parents need to get their heads out of their asses. Iraq isn't Sweden or vice versa, we don't need a broken country's crime culture, thank you very much.

I've seriously considered carrying a knife with me, 'cause these kids... well. Shit.

The only problem I have with people of middle-eastern origin (Lebanese etc) in this country is that they come over here, stick to their own segregated communities, refuse to interact in any way with Australians, won't learn the language, and their kids (usually born here, but raised with their cultural ideals and customs) join or form gangs and run riot committing crimes involving drugs, weapons, assaults, rapes, just really horrific stuff.
And then their Muslim cleric (for anyone who's been paying attention to the news, you'll know what I mean when I mention Sheikh Al-Hilali) has the gall to suggest that these people have more right to live in Australia because they came here by choice, not dragged here in chains in the convict days. Not only that, but that it's a woman's fault when she is raped or sexually assaulted, because she won't dress 'modestly', and is essentially seducing men and then crying victim. There's been a lot of controversy over this guy lately, and I can't wait till he's booted out because he's giving his people a bad name, and insulting the people who founded the beautiful country he calls his home.
Suffice it to say that I feel he has no right to live here if that's what he thinks of us white Aussies, and if people are hating on Muslims it's probably because of his bigoted opinions. But once again, apparently we're the racist ones, and he's completely perfect.
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
April 3rd, 2007 at 09:30pm
simply said, it is disgusting and unjust
also very ignorant
with no proof supporting it whatsoever
eugenics and all that shit...really makes me mad
GoodLord
Full of Ephedrine
GoodLord
April 4th, 2007 at 05:38am
i live in a very racist town and it kills me every day when my so called peers/family/and townspeople use the colour of their skin/religion as a superiority thing. 6 years ago in May 2001 my town suffered some of the worst race riots ever recorded, i am ashamed of that but the way the town has risen 'from the ashes' of that is remarkable, yet, racism is still a problem here.

why?

people are people regardless of their skin colour/religion etc. in effect i am the same as the Asian person sitting next to me, we have the same insides, the same basic DNA make-up.

Racism is horrific and i see it everyday.

My towns message is: 'There's no place for Racism in Oldham' and i think that it should be: ' there's no place for racism anywhere'.

Racism knocks me sick
ros.
Salute You in Your Grave
ros.
April 4th, 2007 at 05:47am
I agree with most people on this thread, racism will never be wiped out. Simply because, if we look at it from a Darwinist standpoint, people will group together and strive to outlast everyone else (hence the survival of the fittest).

I'm not saying I condone it. In fact I'm against it. Is there a solution? Yes. Cultivate racial tolerance. Easier said than done, I know, but I think with how barriers, both tangible and intangible, are broken down due to increased connectivity, we are slowly on our way there.
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
April 5th, 2007 at 12:42pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
MANIPULATOR!:

The only problem I have with people of middle-eastern origin (Lebanese etc) in this country is that they come over here, stick to their own segregated communities, refuse to interact in any way with Australians, won't learn the language, and their kids (usually born here, but raised with their cultural ideals and customs) join or form gangs and run riot committing crimes involving drugs, weapons, assaults, rapes, just really horrific stuff.
And then their Muslim cleric (for anyone who's been paying attention to the news, you'll know what I mean when I mention Sheikh Al-Hilali) has the gall to suggest that these people have more right to live in Australia because they came here by choice, not dragged here in chains in the convict days. Not only that, but that it's a woman's fault when she is raped or sexually assaulted, because she won't dress 'modestly', and is essentially seducing men and then crying victim. There's been a lot of controversy over this guy lately, and I can't wait till he's booted out because he's giving his people a bad name, and insulting the people who founded the beautiful country he calls his home.
Suffice it to say that I feel he has no right to live here if that's what he thinks of us white Aussies, and if people are hating on Muslims it's probably because of his bigoted opinions. But once again, apparently we're the racist ones, and he's completely perfect.

its the same over in america
where i am in the midwestwheres the most muslims. and basically they get all the food stamps, the gov gives them money and then they are the ones buyin all the nice houses and driving all the new cars. while i see many american born and raised families struggling even to put food on their table or pay their bills. and then alot of muslims are very rowdy and like to start trouble. all the muslim boys i know like to start fights. and i have noticed that in the supermarket no matter who you are, being white black or mexican or wateva the muslim people will cut in front of you and be rude to you for no reason.and then start talking about you in their language. and when you try to speak to them thye pretend they dont know english! also they look down on you if you are not dressed "modestly". they sneer at you and say rude things. they should realize that this is america and we have freedom to do,say and wear what we want. I have muslim friends and not all of them are bad. im not saying that muslims are all bad people. its just that alot of them are getting better treatment then americans and they are very rude also.
I think that we should all try to better understand each other more and where both of our cultures and ideas are coming from instead of taking it out on each other like everyone usually does.
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
April 5th, 2007 at 12:51pm
What I don`t understand is how black people get
offended when someone of a different race calls them the "N" word
and yet they call each other that and act like it`s a badge of honor to be called that by one of their own.
mybrutalromance45
Killjoy
mybrutalromance45
April 5th, 2007 at 01:08pm
well i believe that racism is garbage yea im black and sometimes i do feel like alot of white people are racist but thats just because of the way some of them act. I believe that we all should stop hating each other for cultural differences yea some black people are violent,and rude and a little percent are uneducated but most are smart and struggle to come up in a society that is not design for us to succeed and alot of white people say get up and do something and stop using slavery as an excuse but slavery messed up our mind set and we are trying to recoop from that its only been 100 years since it ended and white people didnt make it any easier for us with all the killings they did and the kkk and all that i think before people judge about our being stuck on slavery and about how our parents tought us about it growing up what about the things white parents tought there kids about black people i will not believe that all white parents teach there kids that racism is bad. on a good note i hate racism before i die i want close friends in every race on this planet because i want to learn every aspect of culture i have no problem wit any race and i hope it stop cuz we need to come together cuz i think we can all make so much more money together
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
April 5th, 2007 at 01:26pm
I find it offensive that the NAACP wants the southern states to apologize to the black race for slavary.
I think it`s very stupid, none of these people had nothing to
do with slavary, why should we have to apologize for something we took no part in?
How is it that we must be blamed for our ancestors decisions?
Yes, I agree, slavary is wrong but making us apologize for something we had no part in is completely ludicrous.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
April 5th, 2007 at 03:44pm
^But they wouldn't be asking every white person in Alabama or wherever to apologize; it would just be an official apology from the state government. And the state government obviously did take part in slavery, even if the people in it themselves did not.

If it means so much to some people and wouldn't be an inconvenience to regular citizens, I don't see why they shouldn't.
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
April 5th, 2007 at 04:48pm
Davey Havok:
What I don`t understand is how black people get
offended when someone of a different race calls them the "N" word
and yet they call each other that and act like it`s a badge of honor to be called that by one of their own.

Roxx my Soxx:
The same thing seems to be brought up in this thread over and over...

Why do black people use the n-word but we can't?

This is a stupid comment in itself. First of all... Not ALL black people use the "n-word" freely. Secondly, those blacks that try to justify it by changing the ending are stupid. Thirdly, even though black people SHOULD NOT be using the word at all (seeing as it makes whites wonder why they can't say it and it is a double standard) when they do, it's not meant in a harmful way... for the most part. When whites use it, it's normally going in a sentence like this, "Those fucking niggers need to find someplace else to hang out," or something like that... The meaning is different even though the origin isn't and even though it doesn't make the word any less offensive to some.
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
April 5th, 2007 at 04:49pm
Why is there so much frustration against Muslims on this board? Most of you are really sounding racist in your posts...
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
April 5th, 2007 at 04:51pm
I think racism is retarded.

Period.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
April 6th, 2007 at 01:08am
Buried In Bullets:
I think racism is retarded.

Period.
Please try to actually add something to the discussion next time.
It's great that you have an opinion on it, but if you can't back it up or explain
so that it adds to the discussion, it becomes spam, and spam is not welcome
here in the DB. Just so that you know for next time. Wink
------------------------------------------------------------

mybrutalromance45:
in a society that is not design for us to succeed

but slavery messed up our mind set and we are trying to recoop from that its only been 100 years since it ended

and white people didnt make it any easier for us with all the killings they did and the kkk and all

what about the things white parents tought there kids about black people i will not believe that all white parents teach there kids that racism is bad.

Ok, first thing - please do not use chat speak here.
It is written right into the rules that chat speak is forbidden, and that
everyone who posts here is to do so in normal english.

Now I'll address the post itself.

First, today's society is designed for everyone, blacks, whites, asians, indians, everyone.
As long as they speak the language and have an education,
anyone can get any job. It is not made for "the white man" or for
any specific group anymore.

Slavery messed up the mindset of those who endured it and of the
next couple of generations. People today have no clue as to the real
pain or psychological horrors slavery can reap on the human mind.
Today, all youth are equal. They might as well be all one color,
because that is how they are raised. They just have slight variance
in their histories. I'm not saying learning about slavery is a bad thing,
but it is no longer relevant in today's society, and is no longer valid
as a reason. It becomes an easy excuse to lie back on, and lots of
people use it as such.

That comment about white people and the KKK kind of irks me.
Quite a bit, actually. White people are not responsible for the
killings. Select groups of white people are, as well as the members
of the KKK. It sounds like you lumped us all together, and that is
a gross generalization.

Sure, some white parents teach their kids to hate other races.
Just as some black parents teach their kids to hate whites, or other races.
Just as you will not believe that all white parents teach that racism is wrong,
you have to accept that not all black parents do either.
The street runs both ways, and there are just as many racist blacks as their
are whites, asians, hispanics, indians, east indians, etc.
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
April 6th, 2007 at 11:43pm
i feel that racism, however ignorant and unnecessary, is something that will always exist in this world no matter what.
hey, i've experienced it so much that i'm totally unfazed by it.
if ur a minority...it's just something you have to deal with
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 7th, 2007 at 12:53am
Davey Havok:
I find it offensive that the NAACP wants the southern states to apologize to the black race for slavary.
I think it`s very stupid, none of these people had nothing to
do with slavary, why should we have to apologize for something we took no part in?
How is it that we must be blamed for our ancestors decisions?
Yes, I agree, slavary is wrong but making us apologize for something we had no part in is completely ludicrous.

The only good thing Australia's prime minister has done in the last decade or so, is flat-out refuse to apologise to the Aborigines for what the first white settlers did to them. Slavery and the like is a lame excuse to fall back on, I totally agree with Ruby when she says that it happened a bajillion years ago, and there's not one black person alive today who has even the slightest idea of what it felt like to be in slavery, or part of Australia's 'stolen generation'.
In fact, the 'stolen generation' was an honest mistake - the whites were honestly only trying to give black people a better chance at life - taking them from their primitive nomadic tribes and giving them educations, teaching them how white culture worked and hoping that it would make all Australians, black or white, on equal footing and therefore eradicate racism and the opinion held by whites that blacks were inferior. It sounded like a good idea at the time - yes, it was a mistake to believe that black parents weren't fit to raise their children, but the intentions were good, and we've learned now to leave well alone. However, now I see the poor uneducated tribes in Africa wiping themselves out with the AIDS virus and people saying, 'Why doesn't somebody educate these people and stop them all infecting each other?' The answer is: You can't. They won't listen to good sense because their culture dictates they stick to tradition, which includes not using birth control (even condoms, which would help prevent the spread), and you can't force them into doing something that's going to literally save their entire race, because that would turn into another 'stolen generation'.
I personally had nothing to do with it, neither did today's government, so why should we apologise? All the affected people are long dead and gone and an apology would do nothing for anybody - in fact, Aboriginals already get what I assume to be practically reparation for these 'hate crimes' by getting automatic welfare from birth (and I've spoken about this in previous posts).

Roxx my Soxx:
Why is there so much frustration against Muslims on this board? Most of you are really sounding racist in your posts...

To a narrow-minded or uneducated person, yes, we may sound racist. All we're doing is pointing out how everybody's meant to be so equal in today's society, yet certain races (namely those foreign to the country they live in, ie immigrants, or minorities) are practically getting away with murder, or getting far too many privileges from the government than is necessary, and it's all because we're all running scared and too afraid to speak up against this inequality for fear of being labelled 'racist'.
My opinion is that, black, white, yellow, brown, purple or goddamn green, you should get the exact same benefits from the government as what everybody else does - in this case, if Muslims are receiving food stamps and the like, whites should be more than entitled to them as well. Just as I believe that if you want to leave your country of birth and go live somewhere else, you should assume that country's customs, laws and integrate yourself into their society - not just move to the Lebanese community in Sydney, home-school your kids so that they're not going to school with 'those filthy white scum', and refuse to learn the language or associate with people born in that country. In short, you don't like us, our laws, our culture, and our customs - don't freaking catch a boat over here and start taking money off our government.
Call it racist if you will. I call it a plea for equality - equality for WHITES as well, because as far as I can see, we're being trodden into the ground and left for dead, and nobody will open their mouths about it for fear of being labelled 'racist'.
Jacket Slut.
Bleeding on the Floor
Jacket Slut.
April 7th, 2007 at 01:12am
racism is one of the dumbest things ever...its just rediculous to dislike someone bcuz their skin color is different than yours.
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
April 7th, 2007 at 01:53pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
Roxx my Soxx:

To a narrow-minded or uneducated person, yes, we may sound racist. All we're doing is pointing out how everybody's meant to be so equal in today's society, yet certain races (namely those foreign to the country they live in, ie immigrants, or minorities) are practically getting away with murder, or getting far too many privileges from the government than is necessary, and it's all because we're all running scared and too afraid to speak up against this inequality for fear of being labelled 'racist'.
My opinion is that, black, white, yellow, brown, purple or goddamn green, you should get the exact same benefits from the government as what everybody else does - in this case, if Muslims are receiving food stamps and the like, whites should be more than entitled to them as well. Just as I believe that if you want to leave your country of birth and go live somewhere else, you should assume that country's customs, laws and integrate yourself into their society - not just move to the Lebanese community in Sydney, home-school your kids so that they're not going to school with 'those filthy white scum', and refuse to learn the language or associate with people born in that country. In short, you don't like us, our laws, our culture, and our customs - don't freaking catch a boat over here and start taking money off our government.
Call it racist if you will. I call it a plea for equality - equality for WHITES as well, because as far as I can see, we're being trodden into the ground and left for dead, and nobody will open their mouths about it for fear of being labelled 'racist'.

All I was doing was making a statement. No need to call me out of my name, assuming I'm a "narrow-minded uneducated person". I am, in fact, the complete opposite. But I'm not here to focus on your uncalled for attacks at my education...

You are a racist. I don't care how many ways you look at it or how many ways you try to phrase you sick thoughts. You obviously have a deeply rooted hatred for Muslims and you try to cover it up with generalizations and insuficent evidence. Sorry to bust you bubble, but I see right through you and you closet-racist comments.

I can pretty much sum up your story in a paragraph.

What? Did you miss out on a scholarship because a Muslim who was smarter and/or more talented got it? Or did you get picked on by one in high school, therefore causing you to hate every last one of them? Or did you not get a job because one was far more qualified than yourself. Or do you see them living better than you, making more money?

These are all causes for why some whites hate blacks and I'm sure that they apply to you as well. It's a small word called envy. The same reason why blacks say "They won't hire me 'cause I'm black". When in reality they are just not qualified. Or the same reason why "white Aussies" say "Damn Muslim stole my scholarship". No. That's not the case. You just weren't smart enough. Get over it, you should've studied more. You are blaming all of your problems on these Muslims who have done nothing to you. All you are doing is trying to find a scapegoat for your people, just like every other racist. There is a pattern to you people, believe it or not. You. Are. Just. Jealous.

As for the whole NAACP wanting an apology for slavery...

Yes. That is going a little over the edge. It did happen over 200 years ago but having whites complain about how it was so long ago is just stupid. Tell the Jewish to get over the Holocaust by the GERMANS, why don't you. Tell the Native Americans to get over the mass extermination with war and disease of there people by the WHITE settlers. No. We WILL NOT "get over it". If you don't know your history, it's bound to repeat itself. (I've said this before in a previous post...)

What I have never seemed to understand is why white people (some, not all) feel the need to "civilize" everyone. If the Africans want to kill themselves by AIDS and civil war than so be it. If the Myans and Aztecs wanted to sacrafice their own people, then they should've been allowed to do so. If the Iraqi people want to suicide bomb each other than let 'em do it. White people are not the cure to everything. If anything, they make things worst by intervening. Their intentions are not and have never been "good". They have been just as destructive as the "inferior" people they were trying to "civilize".

Tell me why the Africans cities flourished with gold and advanced education before the whites came in and turned everything upside down with Imperalism. They stole the land, killed the men, raped the women, and took the children. Tell me how in any way, size, shape, or form is that "civilized"? It's not. If anything, it's more savage and barbaric than the Africans were believed to be.