Racism

AuthorMessage
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 1st, 2006 at 01:24pm
No.

I'm not.

And I'm fairly sure you're not entirely of African descent, either. So if you want to get technical, include all of your ancestry. Be proud of ALL of it.

That's all.

Do you think we should all try to erase the race thing? We're different races and I really want to see what someone of a different race thinks of it.
December
Bleeding on the Floor
December
June 1st, 2006 at 01:31pm
retardsrule:
No.

I'm not.

And I'm fairly sure you're not entirely of African descent, either. So if you want to get technical, include all of your ancestry. Be proud of ALL of it.

That's all.

Do you think we should all try to erase the race thing? We're different races and I really want to see what someone of a different race thinks of it.

I am proud of ancestry. My dad is from Nigeria. How am I suspose to be proud of all of my ancestry is if I don't know what it is. My grandpop is dead and grandmom is too old to remember. I've been trying to find out all of my ancestry but no one really knows. So I claim a part of me that I know.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 1st, 2006 at 01:32pm
*FeelingYoungAndReckless*:
I am proud of ancestry. My dad is from Nigeria. How am I suspose to be proud of all of my ancestry is if I don't know what it is. My grandpop is dead and grandmom is too old to remember. I've been trying to find out all of my ancestry but no one really knows. So I claim a part of me that I know.

I have a family member who is very into geneology. Have you researched it?
December
Bleeding on the Floor
December
June 1st, 2006 at 01:34pm
^I've heard about geneology, but I'm really not sure what it is.
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
June 1st, 2006 at 02:19pm
Yara:
Why is it ok for black people to use the n-word freely, but when white people do it, they're racists?

I've always thought about that.
And how come we can have clubs at schools like African pride and Asian Pride and it's all okay and dandy, but if someone makes a Caucasian Pride group they'd be called racist and it'd be on the news?

It's like nowadays, white people can only be racists e_e
Leonardo DiCaprio
Crash Queen
Leonardo DiCaprio
June 1st, 2006 at 02:20pm
i don`t understand why it`s okay for a black
person to call another black person,the N-word
but if a white person,etc calls them that,they
want to kill you. what`s the difference?
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 1st, 2006 at 04:11pm
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:
Im not racist, im honest. Some things people say that end up racist are true. Like how some (not all) black people start up with thier ancestors being slaves and blah blah blah. Stop hiding behind slavery! If you want "equal rights", then you can help and stop using that as your excuse. Sorry if i offended anyone, but its not racist, it is true (in some people, not all).

Were not hiding behind slavery. Its a part of our history. In case you have forgotten, we were brought here against our will. White people came to Africa and bought us to America. What, do you want us to forget about our past? We have been fighting for equal rights forever. Sure we have made a little progress, but not much. For example look at Martin Luther King. The guy died trying to get us African American's equal rights. Even 'till this day we are still fighting for our rights.[/quote]

Yes, this is late, I know, but I have to clear something up. I know you were brought to America against your will, but now that your no longer slaves, you dont have to stay if you dont want to anymore. And in my opinion, some black people dont even work half as hard as your ancestors. I think our rights are pretty equal, even though white people are also misstreated. Not anywhere near how slaves were treated, but will still are by other races and ethnic groups.
Ta Mere
Shotgun Sinner
Ta Mere
June 1st, 2006 at 04:18pm
umm not all slaves were brought to america against their will. a lot chose to come over because they were starving in their homelands.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
June 1st, 2006 at 04:20pm
Cut My Wrists:
Me too.

Why are they offended with the n-word?
What does the n-word mean?
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 1st, 2006 at 04:33pm
Anne:
Cut My Wrists:
Me too.

Why are they offended with the n-word?
What does the n-word mean?

I think that when a black person says it to another, its a sign of apreciation (sp?) or something like that, and when a white or any other colored person says it, its a sign of disrespect. Thats what my friend (who happens to be black) told me.
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
June 1st, 2006 at 04:36pm
Nikki.:
Yara:
Why is it ok for black people to use the n-word freely, but when white people do it, they're racists?

I've always thought about that.
And how come we can have clubs at schools like African pride and Asian Pride and it's all okay and dandy, but if someone makes a Caucasian Pride group they'd be called racist and it'd be on the news?

It's like nowadays, white people can only be racists e_e

And I'll add onto this.

I don't think it's very fair.
December
Bleeding on the Floor
December
June 1st, 2006 at 04:37pm
Yes, this is late, I know, but I have to clear something up. I know you were brought to America against your will, but now that your no longer slaves, you dont have to stay if you dont want to anymore. And in my opinion, some black people dont even work half as hard as your ancestors. I think our rights are pretty equal, even though white people are also misstreated. Not anywhere near how slaves were treated, but will still are by other races and ethnic groups..

Yes I agree there are a few black people out there that don't work hard. That gives the rest of us a bad name. Just like there are some white people out there who give the rest of you guys a bad name. Other ethnic groups are still bitter about what white people have done to them in the past. To be honest I think they have a right to be. Like I said before you shouldn't forget the past. But I don't think its right for them to take it out on all white people.
idoneedhelp
Killjoy
idoneedhelp
June 1st, 2006 at 04:40pm
it makes me mad cuz at school ppl say im racist but how am i racist my half brother, sister in law and my neice and 50% of my friends r black so how am i racist???
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 1st, 2006 at 04:44pm
idoneedhelp:
it makes me mad cuz at school ppl say im racist but how am i racist my half brother, sister in law and my neice and 50% of my friends r black so how am i racist???

Have you ever used a racial slur? Or read Mein Kampf? I have done both at school, making me racist. It really upsetting because im not racist (not a nazi which im also called, but thats a different story...). Just ignore them, they will get over it eventually and forget about it.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
June 1st, 2006 at 04:53pm
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:
I think that when a black person says it to another, its a sign of apreciation (sp?) or something like that, and when a white or any other colored person says it, its a sign of disrespect. Thats what my friend (who happens to be black) told me.
What I meant is, how is it a sign of disrespect?

It's just a name.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 1st, 2006 at 04:54pm
^Its what we called them when they were slaves, so some figure we must think of them as slaves still. Or at least thats what im guessing.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
June 2nd, 2006 at 07:01am
this kind of late but a good book that i had to read in school was 'Roll of thunder Hear my Cry'
it was based in the view of a young black girl who was struggling to come to terms with her white neighbours

it's really strange the way white people are always seem to be the racists when there are other cultures who encourage racism against others.
it's just wrong in general and everyone needs to realise it
i will say that some white people are even racist against each other because if stupid things like people being racist because i'm ginger, i mean come on! it's just a hair colour
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 2nd, 2006 at 07:21am
^I read that book last year. I didnt find it that interesting, but it was very good at representing racism and how bad people were. And yes, whites are racists to their own race, I agree with that.
Cross Sorrows
Salute You in Your Grave
Cross Sorrows
June 2nd, 2006 at 07:38am
I think as much as we hate to admit it, everyone's a little bit prejudiced. Everyone's scared of people who are different. If someone's too short, too tall, to fat, too skinny, too dark, too pale, whatever. Racism can occur in many forms too. Being mean and spiteful or being overly polite or just plain ignoring a person. Racism or prejudice is treating someone differently just because of their appearance. Some people may not know they are even doing it.

I hate the thought that people are attacked or killed just because of their race or their background. I hate that skin colour means that much, even in today's world. The 'n' word, as it's being called, was never a forbidden word until the whites went out of their way to erraticate anything that could be offensive. It's kind of like calling 'fairy penguins' 'little penguins' so as not to offend the gay community (I shit you not, they changed the name of the penguin exhibit in Australia, I think it was at sea-world). I don't really know what I'm talking about anymore, so I'll just say that racism is horrible. It's tragic that people are still judged by their appearance, but I believe that this will continue to be the case for many years to come.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 2nd, 2006 at 08:40am
Cross Sorrows:
The 'n' word, as it's being called, was never a forbidden word until the whites went out of their way to erraticate anything that could be offensive.

if you're talking about political correctness, that's not just a white person thing.