Don't have an account? Create one!

Racism

AuthorMessage
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 19th, 2007 at 03:00pm
Racism might stop, but new -isms would start. People will discriminate based on anything.
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 19th, 2007 at 03:03pm
human nature? i dont know.........
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 19th, 2007 at 03:09pm
no wait i take that back! racism.....our school is having a diversity day......to promote the diverse cultures in our school....its stupid i say we have a chinease boy in our school and he is so intelligent but the teachers speak really slow to him like "today were doing quadratics takes some notes" and then to the chinease boy its like "N-O-T-E-S" and then she preten scribble on her notepad in the toilets today it was also written forget diversity day here comes paki bashing day. id like to see them try..... racism, i dont think its human nature its people believing they are superior to another on the basis of skin tone..when they arent theyre inferior for being so stupid!
Grief
Joining The Black Parade
Grief
March 19th, 2007 at 04:12pm
regrets and romance.:
keep Kathryn secret.:
Yara; wtf...:
Why is it okay for black people to use the n-word freely, but when white people do it, they're racists?

I once had this conversation on another forum, in which there was a black guy, who whilst sometimes providing some valid points, could be very obnoxious.
I asked the same question, in which he replied:
"We say 'Nigga', this is a friendly term"
"You say 'Nigger', which is racist"
I was like WTF? So how do they understand which context it's in.
his reply was
"oh thats simple, we always say 'nigga' you white people say 'nigger'

If anyone of you spam once more say goodbye to this thread. Stick to the topic. It's your views on racism not your conversations with different people.

Anywase, racism effects everyone in the world. The movie Crash explains a lot and proves a point. It's wrong to think that just because someone is black he's going to shoot you, believe it or not, it's wrong to be like, "Oh, you are Chinese, you must be good at math." It hurts people, but racism isn't going anywere. People will always be sterotyped or judged for the color of the skin and or religion they are. And just because someone is black doesn't mean it's still okay to say "nigger" or "nigga", to me... I wouldn't walk up to my dad who is black and call him a nigga. It doesn't make it right because he's black and I'm half. Racism isn't going anywere. I don't think it ever is going to stop either.

That wasn't spam. What I said was contributing to the topic, expanding on the idea of the 'n-word' being used freely. I probably should have typed more on what I meant by inluding that conversation, but I thought that would have been plain to see for yourselves. Obviously not.

Racism is just another one of those things, along with sexism, homophobia, etc. There is never going to be a resolve, until we all learn to understand each other and open our minds. A lot of racism stems from cultures not understanding each other well enough, or maybe not wanting to understand.
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
March 20th, 2007 at 03:42pm
Racism is all over the world. You can't avoid it, no way. But you sure can try not to be a racist yourself. I think that racism is the root to insecureness between people. Judgement begins to come and people don't get know each other the way they should. This is horrible, but true...
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 20th, 2007 at 03:57pm
I think the two roots to racism are fear and, like Aunt Jiggy said, insecurity. Insecurity in that people who don't know how to define themselves like to define everyone else around them, to make things more manageable (ie if he's Asian he must be good at math). Fear in that people instinctively fear what they do not know (which is also part of the insecurity thing) - the dark, death, and new people, especially if they look different from the people you're used to being around. As we all know (or those of us with enough sense to watch Star Wars and listen to Yoda Razz ), fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering. [/nerdspeech]
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
March 21st, 2007 at 05:09pm
Racism today has never been this light, I think. Because if we compare racism today as it were for 50 years ago, we can see them difference.
I mean, racism is gruesome no matter how light it'll get, it's just that for 50 years ago, people were much worse.
I'm just glad that it's not that bad anymore. I could, of course, be wrong. But I sure don't hope so.

Today, it's the international day for abolition of racism.
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
March 21st, 2007 at 11:35pm
It's ridiculous and people who are racist should really get over themselves and the whole race thing.
It's only the amount of melanin in your skin, it has nothing to do with your character, attitude, etc.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
March 22nd, 2007 at 05:19am
I thought this one was super-interesting, and basically sums up my opinion on the topic.
I will neither deny nor admit that I am racist - the truth is it isn't as simple as 'you are or you aren't.

This is a MySpace bulletin that I came across last night, reposted, and got a huge response (mostly people agreeing with what it says):

There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are

There are Aboriginals, Torres Strait Islanders, Kiwi Australians, Lebanese Australians, Asian Australians, Arab Australians, Boat People from all over the place., etc. And then there are just Australians.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my Direction.

You Call me " Australian Dog", "White boy", "Cracker", "Honkey", "Whitey", "Caveman" . And that's OK. But when I call you, Black Fellarr, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Sheep Shagger, Camel Jockey, Gook, or Chink, You call Me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the Housing Estates the most dangerous places to Live?

You have the United Arab's union, College Fund. You have Invasion Day. You Have Yom Hashoah ,You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi. If we had WET (White Entertainment Television),
.We'd be racists.

If we had a White Pride Day .. You would call us Racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to"advance" OUR lives . We'd be racists.

If we had a college fund that only gave white Students scholarships..... You know we'd be racists.

"White colleges" ..THAT would be a racist college.

You can march for your race and rights. If we marched for our Race and rights, You would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and Orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our White pride .You call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a Muslim gang member or beats up a Lebanese Drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society,
You call him a racist.

I am proud. But, you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

Am I still a racist? Or does this bulletin actually speak the truth? Because in my opinion it's something that needs to be said a lot louder and a lot more often.
Equal rights, my ass. It's like feminism - 'minorities' or races other than caucasian don't want equality, they want superiority, and try to disguise it by saying all they want is to be considered equal.
I could say far mroe on the topic, being a vehemently proud caucasian and somewhat disdainful of the whole 'racist' matter, because in my experience it's a load of crap. Non-caucasians want to do the wrong thing, act the fool or complain about their 'lousy' circumstance, but don't want to do a damn thing to help themselves - instead they want handouts and to take things from the whites who have worked hard to get where they are.
/rant.
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 22nd, 2007 at 03:55pm
you. disgust. me elaborate on how minorites dont wand to do a damn thing to help themselves and how they want handoutes and to take things from the whites who have worked hard to get where they want'

and yeah i will call you a racist because its sounds like it very much and i dont actually care if i get banned for saying this. because your implying that people other than white dont want equality but to be superior to whites and that theyre just scrounging of white poeple and being lazy.....do you konw how idiotic tht sounds? and your 20 years old.

you dont deserve to be an mcr fan
bob is peuro rican (sp)
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 22nd, 2007 at 03:59pm
To respond to the myspace post bit, I think the reason there aren't associations to advance white people or scholarships for Caucasians or whatever is simply that white people are in the majority. Quite simply, if you are white, you're life is probably going to be a lot easier than if you're not, on many levels. Plus we've dominated the world for quite some time now. There's no need for a White History month because most of history is written by white people, about white people. There's nothing wrong with being proud of where you're from, though White Pride does sound a bit odd to me. I guess because for black people, they don't know what part of Africa they're from (at least most black people in the US, because they were brought over as slaves). But if you're white, you probably know what part of the world you came from.

There is a bit of hypocrisy in political correctness, but there's quite a lot of hypocrisy everywhere. Like the rate of crimes committed by minorities being so disproportional to the rate of crimes committed by minorities shown on the news.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:32pm
TheLastActionHero:
you. disgust. me elaborate on how minorites dont wand to do a damn thing to help themselves and how they want handoutes and to take things from the whites who have worked hard to get where they want'

and yeah i will call you a racist because its sounds like it very much and i dont actually care if i get banned for saying this. because your implying that people other than white dont want equality but to be superior to whites and that theyre just scrounging of white poeple and being lazy.....do you konw how idiotic tht sounds? and your 20 years old.

bob is peuro rican (sp)

She's not being racist, she's posting about how
racism is thought to be mainly perpetrated by whites.
You just took it out of context.

Please refrain from personally attacking (or coming close to, as it were)
other members here. If you have the right to your opinion, so do they.
------------------------------

There is no color standard for racism; anyone of any color can be racist.
It is just a vast misconception that "whites" are the only group of people
who discriminate against others due to their skin color, mainly because
of the history of black slavery and the relations pioneers had with native
indians, native peoples in general, etc.

But we are not those men who "civilized" the modern countries.
Nor are the "slaves" slaves any more.
We have evolved as a group, but old predjuduces die hard,
and will live on through the ages, just because they once happened,
fueling hatred and racism in today's society.

That is why "whites are the racist ones"
There's nothing we can do about that generalization.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
March 24th, 2007 at 12:47am
bloodredruby69:
She's not being racist, she's posting about how
racism is thought to be mainly perpetrated by whites.
You just took it out of context.

Please refrain from personally attacking (or coming close to, as it were)
other members here. If you have the right to your opinion, so do they.
------------------------------

There is no color standard for racism; anyone of any color can be racist.
It is just a vast misconception that "whites" are the only group of people
who discriminate against others due to their skin color, mainly because
of the history of black slavery and the relations pioneers had with native
indians, native peoples in general, etc.

But we are not those men who "civilized" the modern countries.
Nor are the "slaves" slaves any more.
We have evolved as a group, but old predjuduces die hard,
and will live on through the ages, just because they once happened,
fueling hatred and racism in today's society.

That is why "whites are the racist ones"
There's nothing we can do about that generalization.

That's exactly my point, and I applaud you for having the brain to see what I was trying to say.
And thanks for pointing out that I'm entitled to an opinion on the matter, such as it is. I find myself disagreeing with a lot of shallow, misinformed opinions around here, but I choose to keep my mouth shut and not vilify the people who hold to these opinions, because it's their right to believe what they want. All I'm doing here is putting my point of view across in an attempt to broaden people's perspective, perhaps make them see things in a way they would never have thought of without a little assistance.

TheLastActionHero:

bob is peuro rican (sp)

Bob being Puerto Rican does not bother me a whit. I couldn't care less if he was of Asian, African, Middle Eastern or European descent - my personal feeling on the subject is that it has nothing at all to do with the colour of your skin or where your family comes from, rather your attitude in general towards others and life. Rest assured, I despise white trash just as much as I hate gang-bangers.

Resurgam:
To respond to the myspace post bit, I think the reason there aren't associations to advance white people or scholarships for Caucasians or whatever is simply that white people are in the majority. Quite simply, if you are white, you're life is probably going to be a lot easier than if you're not, on many levels. Plus we've dominated the world for quite some time now. There's no need for a White History month because most of history is written by white people, about white people. There's nothing wrong with being proud of where you're from, though White Pride does sound a bit odd to me. I guess because for black people, they don't know what part of Africa they're from (at least most black people in the US, because they were brought over as slaves). But if you're white, you probably know what part of the world you came from.

I beg to differ. In Australia anyway, whites are by no means the majority. We're a country filled to the brim with a mix of Aborigines, Asian immigrants, Muslims, Islamics, Jewish, ex-pats from the US, UK and Canada, and so on and so forth. So your saying that caucasians have no need for scholarships etc is crap imo - it's a sad truth that Australian-born and raised students are being rejected from university positions in favour of Asian immigrants (and this has been documented frequently in reputable media), who are deemed to be 'smarter' and 'harder-working' than us. Is that fair?
I also highly disagree with your point of 'If you're white, your life is going to be easier by default'. This is a high point of contention in conversation amongst my friends and I. In Australia (and I can't speak for overseas because I don't know), those of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent (the Aus equivalent of 'negros', if you will) are automatically entitled to welfare cheques from birth until death, for no other reason than that they have that ancestry. You don't even have to really be ATSI - if you have a great-great-grandmother who was a half-caste and every person in your family since then has been 100% white, congratulations - you've won the welfare lottery, and you're set for life. Why? Isn't this a form of racism? That blacks deserve money just for being black, whereas whites have to struggle, be broke as a joke and live on someone's couch if they're not working? Believe me, the vast majority of ATSIs who are on this 'coon dole' (a popular slang term for it) don't do the right thing with it - they simply live it up being unemployed and laughing their asses off at the government for being dumb enough to hand them cheap housing and a constant income regardless of whether they do anything to deserve it.
The fact is, ATSIs are given the exact same privileges and rights as whites in this day and age - they can go to our schools, be treated at our hospitals and they can gain employment far easier than a white applicant (and I've seen it happen - a manager at my old job, while sorting through resumes, said to me, 'I better give it to this guy because even though he's not as qualified as I'd like, I'll probably have a lawsuit on my ass if I don't hire him - I'll get called racist for not choosing the black applicant,'), so I don't see how or why their lives are any harder. In my opinion, the only ones that should get help from the government and taxpayers, are the ones who live out in the desert on missions, sticking to their traditional way of life and trying to keep it alive, because they don't have easy access to education and medical treatment the way the ones who live in towns do. But what happened with the people out on the missions? They got given cars, which they drove until they ran out of petrol and then just left sitting by the side of the road because 'they were useless'. They spent their money on cheap wine and the crime rate is appalling, cases of little children being raped and beaten to death by their drunken family members is by no means unheard of. Yes, it happens in white society too, but nowhere near as much.

Either way, I'm not racist. I have plenty of close friends who are from all backgrounds and all walks of life. The thing that they have in common is their disdain for people who want to abuse the system designed to help them, get favours and special privileges over the rest of us, and think that they deserve everything because 'your ancestors killed mine for no reason'. I'm sorry your people went through a horrible time a couple hundred years ago, but you weren't there and neither was I, and therefore there's no reason for you to hate me for it. It's over, we've moved on as a people and we now know better. I can't do anything more than that to help you, and why would you want my help in the first place? Go to school, get a job, be a contributing member of society. Like I said, I hate lazy white people just as much as I hate lazy black people.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 24th, 2007 at 02:02pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
So your saying that caucasians have no need for scholarships etc is crap imo - it's a sad truth that Australian-born and raised students are being rejected from university positions in favour of Asian immigrants (and this has been documented frequently in reputable media), who are deemed to be 'smarter' and 'harder-working' than us. Is that fair?

I couldn't really comment on that - I mean, if an Asian immigrant has better grades and test scores than an Australian kid, then it shouldn't matter where either was born. But choosing someone because of their race is simply wrong, whether they're white or black or whatever (like Ruby - and you - said, racism goes both ways).

I suppose it's different everywhere you go. What I meant was that here in the US, if you take a black person at random and a white person at random, chances are that the white person will be wealthier, have attended a better school, and that it will be easier for him/her to get a job. I can't say for certain, but I would think (or at least hope) that minorities taking advantage of programs like ethnic scholarships would be people actually in need. I do think scholarships and things like that should be given out based on economic need rather than race. There are plenty of poor white people who should not be overlooked.

I would argue that in a lot places, though, white people do get it easier than minorities. Not necessarily financially or whatever, but just because their are racist people out there that would be much more willing to cut a white person a break than a black or Hispanic person. Again, this could just be over here.

Either way, like you said, I think the fact that your ancestors were abused / enslaved / whatever is no reason to be lazy. However (and again, this could just be in the US), there's definitely a cycle going on that keeps some minorities (and white people) down in some places. You're public school sucks but you're too poor to go to a private school or move. You can't get into a good college because you had to work part-time to help pay the bills and didn't have the time or motivation to study. You can't get a good job because you don't have a college degree, and you end up raising your kids in the same way you were raised. That's not to say that with enough hard work / a minor miracle you can't escape that system (or that every black person is stuck like that), but sometimes people aren't lazy, they just have too much to overcome.
SynysterDreams
Salute You in Your Grave
SynysterDreams
March 25th, 2007 at 01:30pm
In my opinion racism doesnt really make that much sence.
I mean if your gonna say that a person with black skin doesnt deserve as many rights as a person with white skin then you might as well say that some one with brown hair deserves more rights than some one with blonde hair. Or some one with green eyes is more important than some one with blue. Were all the same in my eyes and no one is more important than any else. It doesnt matter if your rich or poor, black or white, male or female, we're all human beings an we should treat everyone in the same way!
Thats just what i think anyway.
forgotten16
Fabulous Killjoy
forgotten16
April 1st, 2007 at 02:28pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
I thought this one was super-interesting, and basically sums up my opinion on the topic.
I will neither deny nor admit that I am racist - the truth is it isn't as simple as 'you are or you aren't.

This is a MySpace bulletin that I came across last night, reposted, and got a huge response (mostly people agreeing with what it says):

There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are

There are Aboriginals, Torres Strait Islanders, Kiwi Australians, Lebanese Australians, Asian Australians, Arab Australians, Boat People from all over the place., etc. And then there are just Australians.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my Direction.

You Call me " Australian Dog", "White boy", "Cracker", "Honkey", "Whitey", "Caveman" . And that's OK. But when I call you, Black Fellarr, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Sheep Shagger, Camel Jockey, Gook, or Chink, You call Me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the Housing Estates the most dangerous places to Live?

You have the United Arab's union, College Fund. You have Invasion Day. You Have Yom Hashoah ,You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi. If we had WET (White Entertainment Television),
.We'd be racists.

If we had a White Pride Day .. You would call us Racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to"advance" OUR lives . We'd be racists.

If we had a college fund that only gave white Students scholarships..... You know we'd be racists.

"White colleges" ..THAT would be a racist college.

You can march for your race and rights. If we marched for our Race and rights, You would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and Orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our White pride .You call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a Muslim gang member or beats up a Lebanese Drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society,
You call him a racist.

I am proud. But, you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

Am I still a racist? Or does this bulletin actually speak the truth? Because in my opinion it's something that needs to be said a lot louder and a lot more often.
Equal rights, my ass. It's like feminism - 'minorities' or races other than caucasian don't want equality, they want superiority, and try to disguise it by saying all they want is to be considered equal.
I could say far mroe on the topic, being a vehemently proud caucasian and somewhat disdainful of the whole 'racist' matter, because in my experience it's a load of crap. Non-caucasians want to do the wrong thing, act the fool or complain about their 'lousy' circumstance, but don't want to do a damn thing to help themselves - instead they want handouts and to take things from the whites who have worked hard to get where they are.
/rant.

Even though I am black, I kind of agree with this post. I know it may seem weird. There are alot of different organizations for people of different races and ethnicities, mostly minorities, to advance that particular race, but if a White organization were to spring up it would automatically be considered a racist or supremisist (sp?) group. I do not think that this is fair. I do understand the fear of a supremisist group forming from this, but more than likely this organization is just there to help their poor or disadvantaged. Again, I know this might sound a little weird coming from an african-american kid, but I also feel that the majority, not all, of black people do not try to help themselves. If they don't graduate from high school, then that is fine with them because they can mooch off the government. This attitude is what gives black people a bad name.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
April 1st, 2007 at 07:52pm
forgotten16:

Even though I am black, I kind of agree with this post. I know it may seem weird. There are alot of different organizations for people of different races and ethnicities, mostly minorities, to advance that particular race, but if a White organization were to spring up it would automatically be considered a racist or supremisist (sp?) group. I do not think that this is fair. I do understand the fear of a supremisist group forming from this, but more than likely this organization is just there to help their poor or disadvantaged. Again, I know this might sound a little weird coming from an african-american kid, but I also feel that the majority, not all, of black people do not try to help themselves. If they don't graduate from high school, then that is fine with them because they can mooch off the government. This attitude is what gives black people a bad name.

You speaking for equality doens't seem weird, love.
It seems informed. Wink

Color doesn't matter in discussions, and it should never effect our own
opinions or insights on a topic, just because a chunk of our race
believe or speak in ways opposed to our own.

It irks me when people from all walks of life scream for equality
and that one man is equal to another, regardless of color,
have organizations and clubs and societies for the preservation
of their culture and whatnot, then try and dissallow one race in particular
from doing the same.

It all comes back to pre-concieved notions and stereotypes, as well as "our" history.

One thing I know for sure though, is that "the white man"
didn't "start the notion of racism" out of hate.
Believe it or not, it was the differences in technology
and, often, religious beliefs that caused settlers and
explorers to deem themselves "superior" to the
native residents of the lands.

Guns, ships, cities, manufacturing and government are
what made the settlers believe themselves to be better
or more advanced, not skin color.
Not at first.
That only developed with time and "knowledge" of the
enemy, which was often hyped and exaggerated.

If the technology had all been on par, there would have been
no basis for comparison, so there would be no real notion
of superiority.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
April 3rd, 2007 at 12:29am
bloodredruby69:
forgotten16:

You speaking for equality doens't seem weird, love.
It seems informed. Wink

Color doesn't matter in discussions, and it should never effect our own
opinions or insights on a topic, just because a chunk of our race
believe or speak in ways opposed to our own.

It irks me when people from all walks of life scream for equality
and that one man is equal to another, regardless of color,
have organizations and clubs and societies for the preservation
of their culture and whatnot, then try and dissallow one race in particular
from doing the same.

It all comes back to pre-concieved notions and stereotypes, as well as "our" history.

One thing I know for sure though, is that "the white man"
didn't "start the notion of racism" out of hate.
Believe it or not, it was the differences in technology
and, often, religious beliefs that caused settlers and
explorers to deem themselves "superior" to the
native residents of the lands.

Guns, ships, cities, manufacturing and government are
what made the settlers believe themselves to be better
or more advanced, not skin color.
Not at first.
That only developed with time and "knowledge" of the
enemy, which was often hyped and exaggerated.

If the technology had all been on par, there would have been
no basis for comparison, so there would be no real notion
of superiority.

You guys officially rock my damn socks. I'm so thankful that others out there can be big enough and brave enough to stand up in the face of our politically-correct society and speak the truth (or what I perceive the truth to be, which obviously has some validity as a lot of people have confirmed it, but still shy away from being quoted as feeling that way).
I pretty much have nothing else to say because bloodredruby especially, has said exactly what I wanted to say, in a much better way than I could have strung together.
*hugs forgotten and ruby*
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 3rd, 2007 at 03:45am

I am totally against Racism.
The only thing that racists have a problem with is how people look, white, black whatever, its a problem for them. I have many different ethnicities in my class, and I just find it so awsome that my whole class can get along, and there are no problems!!
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
April 3rd, 2007 at 04:04am
XxMyBrutalRomancexX:

I am totally against Racism.
The only thing that racists have a problem with is how people look, white, black whatever, its a problem for them. I have many different ethnicities in my class, and I just find it so awsome that my whole class can get along, and there are no problems!!
Actually, the color of the skin isn't what racist people
are really hating, believe it or not.

Racist people use the color
of another person's skin as an excuse; the real thing they hate
or are against is an ideal or an attitude, or a stereotypical person
of that race. In effect, the racist person is judging all by the actions
of one or of several, instead of stopping to try and understand.