Religion

AuthorMessage
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
June 25th, 2006 at 02:47am
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:
Mud:
I find the idea that people 'must believe in God in order to go to Heaven' very worrying. I mean, do you seriously think that all Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, aetheists, or whatever else will go to Hell for the simple fact that they don't believe in God?

Hindu's dont have hell or heaven, same with buddhists. Both are reincarnated and reach Nirvana (the buddhist one, forgot hindu's one) after several rebirths.

But I see your point there.

No, sorry, I didn't mean that. I meant, do Christians who believe that anyone who isn't also Christian is going to Hell? Regardless of how well they have lived their life?
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 25th, 2006 at 02:49am
I understand where you are coming from, FlamingXbaby...
I have already repented and I have felt more cleansed since that day. (Not to sound...I dunno...super-religious) I would never do anyone any harm. I am also very anti-war.

And Mud... I had a point earlier in the thread about how I believed that there is a seperate Heaven/Nirvana type place for every belief system. It's just my theory. I'll post it later if you'd like to read it.

I was very upset a few months ago when my sister (studying theology from a Christian's perscective) told me blatantly that Jews go to Hell.
I was very offended. Just because they think that the Messiah is still on His way? Sheesh! And not only Jews, but everyone who isn't a Christian.

=O!

I don't believe that. I believe that if you follow your religious guidelines well and believe in whatever you religion says, and are a good person at heart, you will reach your Heaven/Nirvana place.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
June 25th, 2006 at 02:51am
FlamingXbaby:
All religions have a deity.
Some have more than one, but most of them have a major head deity or something.
Like being a Muslim.
They worship Allah, which is what they think God's name is. God doesn't care what you think his name is, from what I can tell.
And if you have to EARN Heaven, we're all screwed.
God made it that way.
I don't understand, but if I could think on God's level I wouldn't worship him.
A major part of "religion" is faith.
And what is bad about believing?
Most religions teach virtue. What does it matter if it's false or not, as long as it's trying to get people unified?

But you are telling me that, if an aetheist lives a far more moral life than someone who does believe in God, the believer would go to Heaven and the aetheist would not? I would want to believe in, what I would see as, a more just God than that.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 25th, 2006 at 02:53am
I thought God wouldve made it a bit harder to get into heaven. Like you have to be more religous to get in.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
June 25th, 2006 at 02:54am
Suzical the Musical.:
And Mud... I had a point earlier in the thread about how I believed that there is a seperate Heaven/Nirvana type place for every belief system. It's just my theory. I'll post it later if you'd like to read it.

I haven't read it, but I'll go back and have a look. I always liked that idea though: that everyone goes exactly where they think they're going. I'm not sure I believe it, but I hope its true.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 25th, 2006 at 02:57am
Sorry...turned out it was in the Death/Afterlife thread....but I wrote it nonetheless. :]
So here it is...

I'm not afraid of death itself.

I'm afraid of the pain I might go through when I die. Seriously, I am really really afraid of pain. All kinds of pain...physical, emotional, you name it.

But anyway, I believe in the afterlife, yes. That is, if you are a religious person, you will go to your religion's Heaven/Nirvana place (according to which religion you belong to) to live spiritually with your God/Holy being. But here's where it gets a little complicated.

I believe that in the end, all the Heavens/Nirvanas are the same place. But it's not so much as a physical place as a spiritual setting.

God, I'm so sorry if this doesn't make any sense. >_<

I don't believe that Heaven is really a different place far away from Earth in the clouds somewhere else in the Universe. I think that Heaven is among us. It explains the sense of not being alone and the shivers that you get when you feel your ancestors' presence. I do believe in spirits, yes, and that they live among us daily. We just can't really see them.

When you die, your body is cremated/buried in the ground and your spirit floats off and hangs around for awhlie where you died.

So basically, Heaven is on Earth.

I believe in Hell too, but I just haven't fugured out a theory for that yet. Neutral.

I know it's really confusing, but I'm trying to put the ideas in my mind into words as best as I can.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
June 25th, 2006 at 03:13am
Suzical the Musical.:
Sorry...turned out it was in the Death/Afterlife thread....but I wrote it nonetheless. :]
So here it is...

I'm not afraid of death itself.

I'm afraid of the pain I might go through when I die. Seriously, I am really really afraid of pain. All kinds of pain...physical, emotional, you name it.

But anyway, I believe in the afterlife, yes. That is, if you are a religious person, you will go to your religion's Heaven/Nirvana place (according to which religion you belong to) to live spiritually with your God/Holy being. But here's where it gets a little complicated.

I believe that in the end, all the Heavens/Nirvanas are the same place. But it's not so much as a physical place as a spiritual setting.

God, I'm so sorry if this doesn't make any sense. >_<

I don't believe that Heaven is really a different place far away from Earth in the clouds somewhere else in the Universe. I think that Heaven is among us. It explains the sense of not being alone and the shivers that you get when you feel your ancestors' presence. I do believe in spirits, yes, and that they live among us daily. We just can't really see them.

When you die, your body is cremated/buried in the ground and your spirit floats off and hangs around for awhlie where you died.

So basically, Heaven is on Earth.

I believe in Hell too, but I just haven't fugured out a theory for that yet. Neutral.

I know it's really confusing, but I'm trying to put the ideas in my mind into words as best as I can.

I did read that the other day! Sorry, I didn't quite connect when you mentioned it. I like that idea. And I'm more scared of pain too. I'm not sure what comes after death. I kind of bounce between with a few main ideas: ceasing to exist, a sort of Heaven (basically, just being reunited with loved ones), reincarnation and rebirth (I don't really mean reincarnation... I mean, doing the same thing again, with the aim to do better than last time) Hey, I guess I kinda am agnostic... who'd have thought?
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 25th, 2006 at 03:17am
Mud:
I kind of bounce between with a few main ideas: ceasing to exist, a sort of Heaven (basically, just being reunited with loved ones), reincarnation and rebirth (I don't really mean reincarnation... I mean, doing the same thing again, with the aim to do better than last time) Hey, I guess I kinda am agnostic... who'd have thought?

So, do you mean being reincarnated into practically the same body and person, except you try to be a better person?
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
June 25th, 2006 at 03:21am
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:
Mud:
I kind of bounce between with a few main ideas: ceasing to exist, a sort of Heaven (basically, just being reunited with loved ones), reincarnation and rebirth (I don't really mean reincarnation... I mean, doing the same thing again, with the aim to do better than last time) Hey, I guess I kinda am agnostic... who'd have thought?

So, do you mean being reincarnated into practically the same body and person, except you try to be a better person?

Yeah. Like, there is one universe and one life, but it happens over and over again. Everyone tries to do better than last time. Eventually, we kind of create our own Heaven. I know that sounds pretty weird, but it sort of makes sense to me.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 25th, 2006 at 03:23am
That makes alot of sense to me as well. If I wasnt so hardcore in the other reincarnation, I would believe that.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 25th, 2006 at 03:29am
That's a very interesting theory. I kinda like it. :]
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
June 25th, 2006 at 03:35am
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:
That makes alot of sense to me as well. If I wasnt so hardcore in the other reincarnation, I would believe that.

Yeah, I like both ideas of reincarnation. I like science - it always clicked with me. I look at it like sciences: most things are cyclical. In science, things don't cease to exist, they become something else. Why not life? I know thats pretty speculative and would never stand as a scientific theory, but to me it works.

I've never told anyone my reincarnation idea before... It seems so much less weird now I've said it and someone wasn't like, you freak. Haha!
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 25th, 2006 at 04:06am
I think it's an excellent theory. =)
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
June 25th, 2006 at 04:23am
Mud:
Yeah. Like, there is one universe and one life, but it happens over and over again. Everyone tries to do better than last time. Eventually, we kind of create our own Heaven. I know that sounds pretty weird, but it sort of makes sense to me.

One question: What do you base your theory on? It is a very interesting idea and it would be great if it were true, but I don't understand how you reached this conclusion.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 04:24am
I know God seems unjust.
That's one of the things I can't explain.
All I know is that if I could understand what God was thinking, for one thing I would be scared for humanity, and for another, he wouldn't be MY God.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 04:37am
Someone said something about poly...something or other that I understood when I saw it but it escapes me right now.

God isn't God's name, really.
So if there is a religion with several Gods, but they are just like Jehovah (God's real name), it's the same as worshipping God.

And I've noticed a lot of people talking about how it isn't fair that a lot of people go to Hell, and God is unjust.
God may be unjust. It's not for me to say.
I find it hard to believe, sometimes, that millions of people die without "getting saved" or whatever, and in theory go to Hell.

It's not really fair of us, if God created us, to get mad at him for being unfair. It would be wonderful if the world was all sunshine and lollypops, but that's not what God wants I guess and that's not how the world's gonna be.

And I hate it when Christians say if you're not a Christian you go to Hell.

Maybe they should, I dunno, READ THE BIBLE!

It never says people who aren't Christians go to Hell.

And those who say that are just up on their hypocritical high horse.

People who don't believe in God.... go to Hell... And I feel horrible for saying that because that's all people hear from religious people and it turns them off to the idea.

It, by our standards, isn't fair. Nothing's fair.

There are some harsh things in religion.

Like the Cult of the Juggernaut.

People throw themselves on the street to be smashed by a giant statue.

(It's a branch of an eastern religion)

And everything's been contorted over the years so no one knows anything anymore.

But I believe that God's there, and Jesus was the Messiah, and that the apocolypse and blah blah blah all that Christian jazz.

And even though I have faith in all that, it still confuses me. I'm just rambling but it's four thirty in the morning over here so ya'll gotta have pity.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 04:40am

But you are telling me that, if an aetheist lives a far more moral life than someone who does believe in God, the believer would go to Heaven and the aetheist would not? I would want to believe in, what I would see as, a more just God than that.

Morally, one sins damns you forever. If I committed one sin, I would be as bad as anyone. (except blasphemers and sexual sins, I've heard). So it doesn't matter HOW moral you are.

Yeah, it isn't fair, by our standards, but I personnally am pretty glad that I don't have to keep all the laws to go to heaven. That would suck.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
June 25th, 2006 at 04:42am
gia:
One question: What do you base your theory on? It is a very interesting idea and it would be great if it were true, but I don't understand how you reached this conclusion.

I haven't reached any conclusion. Its just one idea that was kind of floating about in my mind. I haven't got any real reasoning for it, I just kind of thought about it when I was little. But I don't think there can really be much real supporting evidence for any theory of the afterlife. All supposed evidence is generally found by people who are looking for it.

Its just an idea, along with many others. I haven't ruled out the idea that we simply cease to exist. It seems to be the most logical conclusion, to me. But at the same time, I can't imagine not being. And, in part, I don't want to believe that. Its scary!
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 25th, 2006 at 04:44am
FlamingXbaby:
Someone said something about poly...something or other that I understood when I saw it but it escapes me right now.

Polytheistic, when you have more than one God in your religion.

Then monotheistic is having one god.
Logic Is For Losers!
Joining The Black Parade
Logic Is For Losers!
June 25th, 2006 at 04:57am
I'm agnostic, wheee.
Agnosticsm isn't the belief that there is no way to KNOW if God exists, but to believe that there is no way to PROVE he exists. You can just 'know' something bad is gonna happen sometimes right? Without needing physical evidence correct? Well, I can atleast..
Anyway, you can believe something is real, but also believe there is no way to prove it.

I was raised Catholic, but recently converted to Agnosticsm. Now I don't know whether or not I think God exists, I just know there is no evidence to deny or prove it.