Don't have an account? Create one!

Religion

AuthorMessage
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 01:02am
Buddhaism. Or however you spell it.

Technically, it isn't a religion. It was founded by some guy named Buddha who was just a philosipher. He didn't want to be worshipped or anything, he just wanted people to be peaceful.

Taoism.
Taoism isn't a religion either. Taoism is a philosiphy. ( I can't spell that word) It's kind of like Buddhaism. (sorry for spelling). But it does have differences.

There are several other things like that.

You can be Christian/Catholic/Baptist and still be Buddhist or Taoist....tic...

Just thought I'd say something about that.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 01:05am
I want people to argue the true Christian teachings with me. Against them.

I say true because almost all of the Christians I know have contorted God's word completely away from what he was saying.

So if you have an arguement against it, shoot.
I'll be glad to try and change your mind, which is so typical of Christians, but it's hard not to be cliche.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 01:09am
I know I've posted a lot, but 'religion' really matters to me.

The big bang.

Okay, here is my opinion.

If you believe evolution, start reading up on modern scientist's opinions. I've heard they have started shifting away from that belief.

Even if the big bang happened, WHY would it happen?
HOW did the gas get in space?
WHAT made something suddenly start that would make the world?

And against evolution, I offer the theory of irreducible complexity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreducible_complexity
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 25th, 2006 at 01:11am
As far as Christains, I dont understand why their bible hugging and saying "God" wouldnt approve. If your God didnt want us to be gay, why did he make it possible? I have no clue what he was saying, but if I believed in him fully, why would he care whether or not I was a sinner, as long as I believed in him? But it doesnt matter to me, im not Christian. And the big bang is to outrageous to believe. Im not saying it didnt happen, but it makes more since then the world created in six or seven or however many days.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 01:13am
OH!
One more thing against evolution.
Bananas.

http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=17161
Danielle Ashley.
Bleeding on the Floor
Danielle Ashley.
June 25th, 2006 at 01:17am
I was raised by southern Baptists, my Papaw was a southern Baptist minister, and I think that the religion is ridiculous when it comes to beliefs of right and wrong.

I have read enough and studied enough about religions, science, and history to figure out that the Bible is simply stories written by man. I don't trust everything that is spoonfed to me now, why should I depend on what someone years ago wrote deeming it the "right" way.
Who's to say what's the "right" way? No matter which way you look at it, it all boils down to perspective. And the Bible, from my perspective, is a collection of books written from various people about various times, based on their belief systems.

Religion, to me, has been so bastardized that everyone is going to go to Hell based on the religion of everyone else. The way I understand and perceive it, each organized religion was devised through an interpretation of one, or several, persons understanding of the Bible.

Look at literature. Have 20 people read a book. Then ask them the meaning of it, and see if all 20 people answer the same. Now, ask them if they believe they came up with the right answer.

It's all a matter of perspective.

I don't believe in organized religion. But that doesn't mean I don't believe in a higher power. I think that until we can prove that we were created by some fluke scientifically, I will believe that there is a purpose, and a being who created us.

By being I don't mean big man or woman in the sky. I mean greater power than myself. It's all a matter of perception, I can't state that enough. And nothing pisses me off more than close minded people who believe that if you don't share the same belief systems you have a first class seat to Hell.

My Mamaw lives at church. She eats, sleeps, breathes, and talks about church. And prays for my soul because I appreciate the science of questioning everything. She strongly believes that because I don't attend church ever, I am destined to go to Hell, and she can't live with that. Church, to me, is a museum of "religious" artifacts in which one can go to worship those artifacts as well as the beings they represent. A church is just a building. God didn't bless the building. God didn't say that we couldn't hold church at Golden Corral, or the theatre. God didn't say that if you didn't attend church every sunday you had written your passage to Hell.

There's a difference between having a religion, and having faith. And I have yet to meet people who truly encompass that. But then again, that's my perspective. Who's to say I'm right beside myself?
Danielle Ashley.
Bleeding on the Floor
Danielle Ashley.
June 25th, 2006 at 01:21am
secret_goldfish:
and another thing, atheism seems to be a fad. again the majority of you who have commented against my opinion, have bands in your ava whose members are atheistic. its amazing how much the media affects the public these days...

It's ironic how people will swallow anything to become even the tinyest bit like the musician/actor/writer/teacher they idolize. It shows how people are afraid to be themselves, and opt to be more like those who seem successful, even if it means turning your back on something you've grown to depend on, like religion or lack thereof, just to touch that same hint of success.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 01:25am
Danielle Ashley I share your opinion a lot.

Organize religion is the word for what I hate.

They look down on people.
"they're sinners, we have to be patient"

For the God they serve's sake's, look at JESUS!

He hung around with all kinds of bad people.

THEY sinned at least once. THEY are as bad as a street walking junkie whore.

And yet they have superiority complexes because they can bow their heads and repeat prayers and pass on emails.

People.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 01:32am
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:
As far as Christains, I dont understand why their bible hugging and saying "God" wouldnt approve. If your God didnt want us to be gay, why did he make it possible? I have no clue what he was saying, but if I believed in him fully, why would he care whether or not I was a sinner, as long as I believed in him? But it doesnt matter to me, im not Christian. And the big bang is to outrageous to believe. Im not saying it didnt happen, but it makes more since then the world created in six or seven or however many days.

Good. An arguement against Christianity. And a valid one.

God let people be gay because he didn't want to force stuff on people. That's why he gave Eden the freedom to eat the fruit. He lets us do stuff because he wants us to have choice.

And you are 100% right about if you believed in him, he wouldn't care what you did. If you sin once, you are damned. If you sin once, you are as bad as the lowliest person on earth.
But, if you believe in him fully, he doesn't give a flying fart about what you do.

He wants us to serve him because we want to, not because someone tells us to or because we feel guilty.

John 3:16 is a favorite verse for many people.

But they miss the meaning.

If someone believes in God, they are going to heaven.
It doesn't matter if they massacre a family.

And about the 6 or 7 days.

Somewhere in the bible, I'm not sure where because I am not a by the book Christian, it says that God makes the days and nights as long as he wants.

So really it could have been 100 years a day.

It's weird, but the whole bible is really cryptic to me.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 01:34am
He gave us the choice because he doesn't care about our behavior, as long as we believe.
So both of your arguements could have been countered with that sentence, but silly old me had to drag it out for paragraphs.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 25th, 2006 at 02:31am
You had some very good points in your argument, and I (being a Christian) agree with some of them. However, there was a point that I thought differently about.

FlamingXbaby:
If you sin once, you are as bad as the lowliest person on earth.
But, if you believe in him fully, he doesn't give a flying fart about what you do.
If someone believes in God, they are going to heaven.
It doesn't matter if they massacre a family.

These statements are only half-true in my eyes.
In order to go to Heaven, you must believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, yes. But that isn't all. If you sin in your life, (which is inevitable for humans) you must confess your sins to God. Tell Him that you know you have sinned and that you want to change your life. If you truly mean it and you want to change, you will be able to go to Heaven.

On the other hand...if you say you believe in God and massacre a family without the slightest feeling of remorse, that wouldn't be true Christian conduct and you would of course...not go to Heaven. True Christians feel love for everyone and would never harm a soul!

Those are just my views based on what I've read and learned...take it or leave it.

Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
June 25th, 2006 at 02:32am
FlamingXbaby:
OH!
One more thing against evolution.
Bananas.

http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=17161

Or, of course, it could be a coincidence. I have four grooves in one side of my hand, anyway... And lots of bananas go brown and mushy inside before the outside goes black. The 'tab' is the stem, connecting the banana to the banana tree: it just happens to be useful for peeling the skin off. And where do you think banana trees come from? Bananas aren't meant to stay on the tree forever - they fall off of their own accord, so they're not meant to be attached forever (or until someone picks them). Thats why the stem makes it easy to open the banana.

And bananas' being curved is to do with gravity and sunlight. Gravity pulls them downwards, light attracts them upwards. (I can't remember the name of the process that makes plants bend towards light, but anyone who's done GCSE Biology should have a vague idea of what I'm trying to say.)

And if God had it all perfectly planned out, how come when you put a banana into a fruit bowl with other fruit, the other fruit all go off?
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 02:37am
But all those things make a banana easier to eat, and there fore they would be removed from the gene pool.

And suzical the musical.

Confessing is what people are SUPOSED to do when they "get saved". Killing the whole family without remorse would not be worse than giving to a charity and getting on TV for it.
seriously.

And IF you are a "saved" Christian, repentance is natural.

Maybe it will take a while, but if you really believe that God/the trinity is your savior, you will want to serve them, and therefore repent.

It all works out.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
June 25th, 2006 at 02:38am
I find the idea that people 'must believe in God in order to go to Heaven' very worrying. I mean, do you seriously think that all Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, aetheists, or whatever else will go to Hell for the simple fact that they don't believe in God?

I would hope that if there were a God (which I don't really believe) he would care about all equally, and about whether we are good people, not whether we believe in something for which we have no proof.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 25th, 2006 at 02:40am
Mud:
I find the idea that people 'must believe in God in order to go to Heaven' very worrying. I mean, do you seriously think that all Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, aetheists, or whatever else will go to Hell for the simple fact that they don't believe in God?

Hindu's dont have hell or heaven, same with buddhists. Both are reincarnated and reach Nirvana (the buddhist one, forgot hindu's one) after several rebirths.

But I see your point there.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 02:42am
All religions have a deity.
Some have more than one, but most of them have a major head deity or something.
Like being a Muslim.
They worship Allah, which is what they think God's name is. God doesn't care what you think his name is, from what I can tell.
And if you have to EARN Heaven, we're all screwed.
God made it that way.
I don't understand, but if I could think on God's level I wouldn't worship him.
A major part of "religion" is faith.
And what is bad about believing?
Most religions teach virtue. What does it matter if it's false or not, as long as it's trying to get people unified?
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 02:43am
Buddism now is kinda different from what it started out. It WAS just the teachings of some dude named buddah, kind of like confusionism with confucious.
I could be a buddhist and a christian.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 25th, 2006 at 02:44am
That makes no since to me. In the since of hindu's and other polytheistic religions, we have more than one God. So does your God want us to think all of our God's are him?
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
June 25th, 2006 at 02:44am
FlamingXbaby:
But all those things make a banana easier to eat, and there fore they would be removed from the gene pool.

Not necessarily. If enough survive, they will continue. Banana trees produce lots of bananas. That way, sure, some are eaten, but a lot survive. And they're versatile: the banana trees outside my house grow on ridiculous slope where not even the monkeys get to them.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 25th, 2006 at 02:45am
FlamingXbaby:
Buddism now is kinda different from what it started out. It WAS just the teachings of some dude named buddah, kind of like confusionism with confucious.
I could be a buddhist and a christian.

No, his name was Siddartha Guatama, and he wanted to end all suffering in the world. Its different from Christianity.