Don't have an account? Create one!

Religion

AuthorMessage
Adeline09
Killjoy
Adeline09
June 14th, 2006 at 02:21am
I'm a non-denominational christian. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what denomination you are, where you go to church, how often you read the bible, etc. What matters the most is that you have faith.

"If it weren't for God, I would have killed myself ages ago!"-yours truly
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
June 14th, 2006 at 04:27am
Adeline09:
What matters the most is that you have faith.

Clap I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, faith is what most of the people have already lost, although they consider themselves Christians.
xAsleep Or Deadx
Banned
xAsleep Or Deadx
June 14th, 2006 at 05:20am
I came from a strict catholic family that follows the traditions here in our country and I'm studying in a catholic school but I really wonder if a God really existed..I go to a 'divine mercy' class or more popular as 'religion'..and it doesn't affect me, I just can't think how people can keep on prasing someone that they really don't know if it ever existed..but I don't consider my self an Atheist or anything else, I also agree about what Red_of_a_Rose said, I don't think that Jesus should be praised or worshiped because like us, he's also a human..a normal human.

Well if there's a God, I thank him for keeping me alive and everyone I love safe everyday..
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
June 14th, 2006 at 05:28am
I recently changed into Dualism from being an atheist.

First, I was a strict Christian. I bring crosses and rosaries everyday wherever I go. I even had a bible diary. I prayed everyday.

Then, my life started getting bad. I was really wondering if he existed. Then came in Science. I lost my faith.

Then, Atheist. I believed in nothing but science. Well, mainly because it has proof on the origin of stuff so it was more believable.

Then, Dualist. I kind of embraced The Dualists' perspective.
secret_goldfish
Shotgun Sinner
secret_goldfish
June 14th, 2006 at 01:21pm
im catholic and i will always believe in God. but that doesnt mean that i cant question some of his teachings, such as homosexuality and adam and eve.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 14th, 2006 at 01:39pm
BloodLust:

That is very interesting. I find other religions quite intreguing.
Would you mind telling me a little bit about Dualism? I'd like to learn a little about that :]
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
June 15th, 2006 at 05:58am
Suzical the Musical.:
BloodLust:

That is very interesting. I find other religions quite intreguing.
Would you mind telling me a little bit about Dualism? I'd like to learn a little about that :]

So would I. I don't know what a Dualist is, but I am certainly open to anything.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
June 15th, 2006 at 08:15am
Dualism is a some sort of religion and philiosophy. It is the belief that there are two basic principles, usually personified as deities, that work in polar opposition to each other. In Dualism, there are two Dieties present. You would see it represented by the Taijitu symbol.

1) The Good/Yang/Man
2) The Bad/Yin/Woman

Dualism is used in differently. It also has something to do with the relationship of mind and matter, setting the Yin/Yang as the examples. Or in us, it's as if we have two separate entities, the mind and the spirit.

Does that explain it?
OMG it's Jennie :0
Motor Baby
OMG it's Jennie :0
June 15th, 2006 at 01:49pm
I'm an Agnostic, brought up as a Catholic. All through my life I've been in Catholic schools, and I can't help but think there is no free will about which religion you are sometimes in them.
Today we had a mass for Corpus Christi, and there is no choice about singing, although none of us do anyway. The teachers get angry if we don't sing hymns for some reason Confused Last time I checked, I have the free choice whether to sing or not.
I know it's a Catholic school, but I believe we should have the choice whether to go to mass or lessons, to sing or not sing.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
June 15th, 2006 at 01:50pm
secret_goldfish:
im catholic and i will always believe in God. but that doesnt mean that i cant question some of his teachings, such as homosexuality and adam and eve.

i feel that way too. i'm catholic, and although i question a lot of things we're taught, and sometimes believe that i am told the wrong things, in my church, i'll always believe in god, or some kind of higher power.
Other.
Bleeding on the Floor
Other.
June 15th, 2006 at 04:14pm
I think if Jesus actually lived and did all the things that the Christian Church claims he did then he's a pretty cool person, but I would never worship him. He's a human. That's all.

I don't really have a religion. I don't believe in God. I believe in harmony between Man and Earth and that there is something greater out there, but that the greater thing shouldn't be worshipped. More that it is there t guide us. And also that I am part of everything and that even my small actions have a huge impact on everybody.

Is there anybody else who thinks along those lines?
Emily Electricity;;
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Emily Electricity;;
June 16th, 2006 at 12:31pm
The way the world is going now, I think we should just have something to hang on to. I'm Christian, but I don't judge or shun people who aren't. I have a Wiccan friend, and the rest are athiest. I love them all dearly and they are the greatest people that you'll ever meet.

But yo want to know what really grinds my gears? When people who say that they are athiest...and don't believe in anything. And yet they go out of their way to make fun of Christianity. If you don't believe in it, then freaking leave it alone!
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 20th, 2006 at 12:38pm
Emily.Will.Eat.Your.Pants:
But do you want to know what really grinds my gears? When people who say that they are athiest...and don't believe in anything. And yet they go out of their way to make fun of Christianity. If you don't believe in it, then freaking leave it alone!

Yes, that gets me so steamed! I don't understand why they have to all gang up on one religion. I don't get offended when I see people celebrating Hanukkah or fasting for Ramadan. So why do some atheists have to make a big crap about it?

It's a person's way of life.

You can't change them.

So why try to repress it?

"Oh look at me...I'm a radical atheist and I'm going to go out of my way to degrade Christianity!"

If you don't believe in God/Jesus/Holy Spirit, fine. Just please, don't try to make this harder for us.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
June 21st, 2006 at 04:23am
Suzical the Musical.:
Emily.Will.Eat.Your.Pants:
But do you want to know what really grinds my gears? When people who say that they are athiest...and don't believe in anything. And yet they go out of their way to make fun of Christianity. If you don't believe in it, then freaking leave it alone!

Yes, that gets me so steamed! I don't understand why they have to all gang up on one religion. I don't get offended when I see people celebrating Hanukkah or fasting for Ramadan. So why do atheists have to make a big crap about it?

It's a person's way of life.

You can't change them.

So why try to repress it?

"Oh look at me...I'm a radical atheist and I'm going to go out of my way to degrade Christianity!"

If you don't believe in God/Jesus/Holy Spirit, fine. Just please, don't try to make this harder for us.

I totally agree with you.
Coming from someone who isn't religious, nor likes/appriciates chrisitanity and it's teachings, it really pisses me off to see people "dissing" not just Christianity, but any religion. The only reason why those people do that is because they don't understand the religion. If you don't agree with it, fine. I understand where you're coming from, but don't go around saying
"Oh that religion sucks balls" cause that isn't going to get you anywhere.

And while I do agree with you, I have to bring up something you said...

"So why do atheists have to make a big crap about it?"

To me, that kind of seems like you are generalizing. I'm sure not every Atheist thinks that way. I'm sure not every Atheist hates Catholoscim, so please don't imply that they do.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 21st, 2006 at 01:29pm
Ella falls from grace:
I totally agree with you.
Coming from someone who isn't religious, nor likes/appriciates chrisitanity and it's teachings, it really pisses me off to see people "dissing" not just Christianity, but any religion. The only reason why those people do that is because they don't understand the religion. If you don't agree with it, fine. I understand where you're coming from, but don't go around saying
"Oh that religion sucks balls" cause that isn't going to get you anywhere.

And while I do agree with you, I have to bring up something you said...

"So why do atheists have to make a big crap about it?"

To me, that kind of seems like you are generalizing. I'm sure not every Atheist thinks that way. I'm sure not every Atheist hates Catholoscim, so please don't imply that they do.

Urg. Embarassed
I'm sorry. That's not exactly what I meant.
I really should have added a "some atheists" instead of generalizing. I don't want to come off as a stereotpye-er...I was just in a rush to get it said.
My appologies.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
June 21st, 2006 at 01:35pm
Suzical the Musical.:
Urg. Embarassed
I'm sorry. That's not exactly what I meant.
I really should have added a "some atheists" instead of generalizing. I don't want to come off as a stereotpye-er...I was just in a rush to get it said.
My appologies.

Don't worry about it.
You sure do get some idiot atheists. Rolling Eyes
They give the rest of us a bad name with their christian persecution.

But then again, you get bad christians. Bad muslims, bad wiccans, bad sikhs, bad agnostics...
Its all relative, see?.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 21st, 2006 at 02:03pm
Yes, I agree.
There are good and bad followers of every religion.
In fact, me, being a Christian, don't like the people in my church very much.

They are all very judgmental and think they are "All-Holy." It's all awful and hypocritical. :Rolling Eyes
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
June 21st, 2006 at 06:17pm
Suzical the Musical.:
Yes, I agree.
There are good and bad followers of every religion.
In fact, me, being a Christian, don't like the people in my church very much.

They are all very judgmental and think they are "All-Holy." It's all awful and hypocritical. :Rolling Eyes

im Christian and people who are also Christian call me a 'sin' that needs to burn in "that lava pit under the earth" (they dont say 'hell' for some reason) because im bisexual and i support gays. im not a strong christian like 'what The Book says goes'. some things in my religion i dont like at all. Judgment day, for example. who would want to worship someone that when you die decides if you live peacefully in heaven or burn in sin in hell, even after making one mistake? having a "lust" for something is sinful. loving someone of the same sex in sinful. what is the perfect human then? straight and innocent? its a sin to have sex, then its a sin to create life. what the hell is that?

sorry if i offended anyone. its just what im thinking.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 21st, 2006 at 06:25pm
What ive seen of central North Carolina is against most other religions that arent christain, catholic, or judiasm. I have not once seen a buddhist, hinduist (though you dont really need one), Muslim, ect. place of worship. Its wrong, other people of different religions should respect people of other religions.
Crying Blue Eyes
Killjoy
Crying Blue Eyes
June 22nd, 2006 at 07:07pm
Im agnostic.

To me, religion is a trend. Eventually today's religions will be words in a history book just like Roman and Greek mythology.