Don't have an account? Create one!

Religion

AuthorMessage
secret_goldfish
Shotgun Sinner
secret_goldfish
June 23rd, 2006 at 12:22am
i believe in God. i seriously cannot understand how athiests wake up and go on with their day, never praying or doing anything of the sort. i find life meaningless if you believe that everything happens because you and you only choose to make it happen. in my opinion, due to past experience, i find that most athiests are depressed, and almost lost. i pity their souls and pity their ignorance.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 23rd, 2006 at 12:46am
I kinda feel bad.
I feel like I should be praying much more than I do.
I was taught at a young age to pray when you wake, at every meal, and when you go to bed. I never do these.
Now I feel like I'm placing God at a 'last resort'. I haven't actually prayed for a long time. I just close my eyes and fold my hands in church and at dinner...but it doesn't mean anything.

The last time I actually prayed was when I was hopeless and in need of serious help. God was at the bottom of my list. I just feel guilty because God doesn't have any bottom of his list, if you get my meaning...he cares about us so much, yet we degrade Him and set Him out of our minds until we are scrambling for that sense of sanity.

We really should give Him more credit.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
June 23rd, 2006 at 12:58am
secret_goldfish:
i believe in God. i seriously cannot understand how athiests wake up and go on with their day, never praying or doing anything of the sort. i find life meaningless if you believe that everything happens because you and you only choose to make it happen. in my opinion, due to past experience, i find that most athiests are depressed, and almost lost. i pity their souls and pity their ignorance.

I find that very offensive. I don't mind you being Christian, so don't slam my beliefs. Its not a choice, its something you feel. I, personally, find the notion of God very hard to believe - it just doesn't click with me. But I would be among the first to admit that I don't know for sure. Please do not call atheists ignorant. Its offensive and defeats the object.
secret_goldfish
Shotgun Sinner
secret_goldfish
June 23rd, 2006 at 01:16am
Mud:
secret_goldfish:

I find that very offensive. I don't mind you being Christian, so don't slam my beliefs. Its not a choice, its something you feel. I, personally, find the notion of God very hard to believe - it just doesn't click with me. But I would be among the first to admit that I don't know for sure. Please do not call atheists ignorant. Its offensive and defeats the object.
im sorry that you feel that way. i was expressing an opinion and did not mean to offend anyone. i do believe that it is a choice though. atheism is not a disease.

anywho, doesn't that make you agnostic -points to bolded words- ?
Antichrist Superstar
Bleeding on the Floor
Antichrist Superstar
June 23rd, 2006 at 01:22am
secret_goldfish:

yeaaahhh thats pretty offensive.
i'm not calling you ignorant now am I?
i don't belive in god. that in NO WAY makes me ignorant. any more than it makes you ignorant for beliving in god
john bonham.
Bulletproof Heart
john bonham.
June 23rd, 2006 at 01:28am
It really is disrespectful to insult somebody because of
what they believe in. There is no real proof there is a God,
yet I don't call you ignorant for believing in him.
No offense, but that just kind of pissed me off.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
June 23rd, 2006 at 02:22am
secret_goldfish:
im sorry that you feel that way. i was expressing an opinion and did not mean to offend anyone. i do believe that it is a choice though. atheism is not a disease.

anywho, doesn't that make you agnostic -points to bolded words- ?

No, its not a disease. Its a belief. A feeling. There are lots of things we don't choose that make us who we are. What do you want me to do, pretend I believe in God? I've considered the idea and I don't believe. You can believe what you want, and thats fine by me if you disagree with my beliefs. But calling aetheists 'ignorant' is blatently an attack on the beliefs of others.

And I never actually said I was aetheist. But you attacked those who don't pray or engage in any religious activities as well and I would definitely fall into that category. By that comment, what I meant was that I am open to other ideas and that I do not consider all those that disagree with me to be wrong. I think nobody knows absolutely certainly, but that each idea is as valid as the next. I've never really thought about whether that makes me aetheist or agnostic or anything else because honestly, I don't care. I believe what I believe.
marti lives on.
Awake and Unafraid
marti lives on.
June 23rd, 2006 at 06:49am
Most of the time I find myself being agnostic, but I think that's just the cynic in me.

I don't always believe in the world, even if I do believe in quite a few of its people.

I'd believe in God more if there was less hate in society.

Although, another of my opinions is, without hate, love wouldn't be as strong.

So...

I'm a confused little girl as far as Religion goes...
x...Amanda...x
Really Not Okay
x...Amanda...x
June 23rd, 2006 at 11:03am
secret_goldfish:

-blinks- Okay. That was something I take total offence to. I seriously cannot believe you just said that. We're not ignorant, we just choose not to believe in this so called 'God' that Christians believe in. And I also can't believe that you can go through your day thinking God will make everything better if something goes wrong.
Here's something for you guys to ponder: If God is so loving and so caring, why does he let humans go through all the garbage they take on a day to day basis? If he loves everyone, then why does he let people suffer before they die? Why does he let wars happen? Why does he let humans torture other humans?
If your Bibles can answer that, please tell me.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
June 23rd, 2006 at 11:14am
secret_goldfish:
lmfao
Wait...you were being serious.

Thanks. You know, as a very strong atheist i'm also a very happy person. Happy in the fact I know god doesn't exist and I don't have to pray to a deity that doesn't exit to make myself feel happy. Sure, I do believe everything happens because of me, I call it taking responsibility and not blaming it all on 'god'.

On a final note, I pity you and your ignorance. That will be all.
x...Amanda...x
Really Not Okay
x...Amanda...x
June 23rd, 2006 at 11:18am
Bloodraine:
secret_goldfish:
lmfao
Wait...you were being serious.

Thanks. You know, as a very strong atheist i'm also a very happy person. Happy in the fact I know god doesn't exist and I don't have to pray to a deity that doesn't exit to make myself feel happy. Sure, I do believe everything happens because of me, I call it taking responsibility and not blaming it all on 'god'.

On a final note, I pity you and your ignorance. That will be all.

Clap Well said.
blackroses12
Killjoy
blackroses12
June 23rd, 2006 at 01:27pm
Ella falls from grace:
You know what I don't understand? How can some people, I'm talking about particually Jews here, How they can be so devoted to their faith after so many things have happened to them. I mean, an entire race has been almost targeted, and yet these people still believe in god. I find that amazing.
[You guys were talking about Egyptions and that reminded me of Exodus and WWII and Nazis and that....]

I was raised as a Jew and I'm not quite sure myself. lol

Edit: Well, I'm late aren't I! Well, I just had to comment on that.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 23rd, 2006 at 01:36pm
secret_goldfish:

You know, its just her opinion. Not everyone has to go attack her over it. If thats how she feels, then thats okay. You dont have to blast her for it.
[/spam]
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
June 23rd, 2006 at 01:59pm
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:
secret_goldfish:

You know, its just her opinion. Not everyone has to go attack her over it. If thats how she feels, then thats okay. You dont have to blast her for it.
[/spam]

Its a debate forum, it would be natural to expect the majority of what is said in here to be personal opinion. As it stands, I was voicing my opinion too and conversely, not everyone has to go attack my religion. (Or belief. Technically it isn't a religion but that makes it sound more important).

I guess I feel the need to stick up for my personal beliefs. Whatever. Maybe if it was your religion or belief that was being branded 'ignorant', you'd care too.

The ironic thing is nobody would dare call all jews ignorant, or all muslims ignorant, but I guess atheists don't count.
x...Amanda...x
Really Not Okay
x...Amanda...x
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:22pm
Bloodraine:
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:
secret_goldfish:

[/spam]

Its a debate forum, it would be natural to expect the majority of what is said in here to be personal opinion. As it stands, I was voicing my opinion too and conversely, not everyone has to go attack my religion. (Or belief. Technically it isn't a religion but that makes it sound more important).

I guess I feel the need to stick up for my personal beliefs. Whatever. Maybe if it was your religion or belief that was being branded 'ignorant', you'd care too.

The ironic thing is nobody would dare call all jews ignorant, or all muslims ignorant, but I guess atheists don't count.

-nod- Yeah. How can the Jews and Muslims and Christians be so respected, but atheists aren't respected at all? They're called ignorant and they're harped on to be Christian (or at least around here they are. I don't know about other places) every single minute of their lives?
Is it because atheists are the ones the Christians can go after?
Or is it because no one dares to insult Jews for the simple fact that they were being killed by Nazis years and years ago? Is it because we fear Muslims?
No offence was meant by this. If you are Jewish and/or Muslim, I am sorry if you take offence. I am not saying that all of the Jews want sympathy, and I'm not saying that all Muslims are terrorists.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:28pm
Please stop with the pyramid quoting people.
Yes, I know, I'm spamming, but I'm going to say something now before the whole thread becomes pyramid quoting.
Spam and pyramid quoting are aginst the rules.
secret_goldfish
Shotgun Sinner
secret_goldfish
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:32pm
i dont mind if they argue with my post, it is their opinion, and yes i agree with Bloodraine it is only natural for an individual to voice his or her opinion in a board that pretty much consists of opinions.
as for my post, i still stand by what i say. what the majority of people who commented on my post dont realize is that i implied agnostics. i agree with an individual who believes that there is a higher spirit, or however you want to phrase it, what i dont agree with is atheism. how are you to say that you are in power of everything that happens to you? that is what i find ignorant, not the entire "i dont believe in God" or whatever, though it does pertain to the subject which is why i dont agree with atheism. its not like i descriminate against non-believers or say "your ignorant" to every atheist i can find. i have to say that my first comment in this thread did come off a bit strong and that i should have elongated it, but i dont regret it in the least.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:36pm
BuryMeInBlack625:
-nod- Yeah. How can the Jews and Muslims and Christians be so respected, but atheists aren't respected at all? They're called ignorant and they're harped on to be Christian (or at least around here they are. I don't know about other places) every single minute of their lives?

The way you worded that made it sound like you thought all Christians enjoy putting down athiests... I don't know if that's what you meant...

If athiests are disrespected, then I expect it's because it's perceived as nihilistic and anti-establishment. Because the word means without belief in god, it's seen as an absence of belief. Like darkness is the absence of light. I'm just guessing though, I don't know if any athiest-hating religious people think this.
secret_goldfish
Shotgun Sinner
secret_goldfish
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:36pm
BuryMeInBlack625:

Or is it because no one dares to insult Jews for the simple fact that they were being killed by Nazis years and years ago? Is it because we fear Muslims?
No offence was meant by this. If you are Jewish and/or Muslim, I am sorry if you take offence. I am not saying that all of the Jews want sympathy, and I'm not saying that all Muslims are terrorists.

ahaha to quote Bloodraine or whatever her username is... lmfao are you being serious?

I was the only one in this thread who called atheists ignorant. and you said it yourself you dont know about other places, so why do you bring it up? whether or not you believe in God, what you said is ignorant. EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF THEIR LIVES? ahahahahahah. that was hilarious.
secret_goldfish
Shotgun Sinner
secret_goldfish
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:39pm
and another thing, atheism seems to be a fad. again the majority of you who have commented against my opinion, have bands in your ava whose members are atheistic. its amazing how much the media affects the public these days...