Religion

AuthorMessage
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
June 10th, 2006 at 06:10am
black heart-diamond eyes:
I have a question:
If Christians are meant to live by the bible and what ever, shouldn't you all be Armish?

Well, not really. Christians observe the "laws" in the Bible, but they are aware that they have to adapt them to the period they live in. Christianity accepts science. God gave man the right to conquer and rule over the Earth and everything it gives us.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
June 10th, 2006 at 06:51am
gia:
Well, not really. Christians observe the "laws" in the Bible, but they are aware that they have to adapt them to the period they live in. Christianity accepts science. God gave man the right to conquer and rule over the Earth and everything it gives us.

Err, I'm sorry, But I have to dissagree with that.
If Christianity accepted Science, wouldn't it be perfectly okay to Clone humans? At the moment it is socially frowned upon, but if the catholic church said it was okay, I would make a million dollar bet that the rest of the world would follow.
gia
Bleeding on the Floor
gia
June 10th, 2006 at 07:08am
Err, I'm sorry, But I have to dissagree with that.
If Christianity accepted Science, wouldn't it be perfectly okay to Clone humans? At the moment it is socially frowned upon, but if the catholic church said it was okay, I would make a million dollar bet that the rest of the world would follow.

Sorry, I should have developed that a bit. Christianity does accept science, as long and it doesn't go against God. Cloning is not accepted by the church because they say that only God has the right to create life (yes, I know that parents "create" their children, but they say that the child is conceived only if that is what God wants). Christianity is not against, for example, drugs that cure different illnesses being developed , because they don't interfere with God's will.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
June 10th, 2006 at 07:20am
Thank you. I actually don't dissagree with that. That made more sense. Thank you for clarifying.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 10th, 2006 at 05:14pm
Jules:
I'd really like to know if there are any Buddhists/Hinduists on this board...

This is a little late, but im Hindu. When my parents told me I was allowed to pick my own religion, I decided on Hinduism because their beliefs and the aspects of Hinduism appealed to me. Buddhism was second when I was deciding though.
SpreadLegsNotLies
Bleeding on the Floor
SpreadLegsNotLies
June 10th, 2006 at 06:58pm
How can I explain (be gentle with me *g*)... I´m not that much religious... I believe that there is a so-called "higher beeing"... I don´t believe in the church or priests... for me is my believe a private thing... I don´t need a mediator (priest, whatever)...
For me the catholic church is mendacious (sorry... thats MY opinion)... I mean... talking about "not using condoms" and in africa AIDS is disease Nr. 1... gays are against nature (and priests raping little boys)... Nazis and the holocaust were the worst thing ever *it was* (and after WW2 they helped ex-gestapos and worse people with new identities for money) not to mention the crusades... and the list goes on and on...

I don´t want to offend anyone... I think it´s good to have an own believe...
something or other
Jazz Hands
something or other
June 10th, 2006 at 07:02pm
I'm Methodist (a division of Christianity). I used to go to Willow Creek Church, you know, that HUGE church, but our family moved and we now go to a very small church. I am religeous, and I pray, ask God to forgive my sins, ect ect. I have a very religeous best friend, and we go to youth group together every Sunday. Most people think I worship Satan, but I put them in thir place. (hehe) I MEAN NO OFFENCE, but I just don't think not believing in anything is a good thing to do. Kind of sounds... slacker-ish...
I also mean no offence to this, but Mormons kind of confuse me. Like, the have a sequel to the Bible. It just... I don't know. Why don't other Christians?
Well, that's what I have to say...
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
June 11th, 2006 at 05:55am
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:

This is a little late, but im Hindu. When my parents told me I was allowed to pick my own religion, I decided on Hinduism because their beliefs and the aspects of Hinduism appealed to me. Buddhism was second when I was deciding though.

Oh okay, I was just curious to know.
What aspects appealed to you from religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism, if you don't mind me asking?
Antichrist Superstar
Bleeding on the Floor
Antichrist Superstar
June 11th, 2006 at 09:25pm
I really really feel empty without some religion
i dont know what is really out there
can somone help me out
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
June 11th, 2006 at 09:55pm
I don't have a religion, nor do I want one.

But... this might sound a little weird, and I just want som clarification:
I go to a public school that had a seperate division for the disabled students. Now, my school is next to private schools (one Catholic and one Christian) and I asked my friend why she doesn't have a thing like this too. She replied, "It's against the religion."

Is that true? Or do the school's just want to have a clean rep or something?
cruel melody
Salute You in Your Grave
cruel melody
June 11th, 2006 at 10:00pm
I am Catholic.... i just got confirmed in April. I dont know... i dont spend my time on it or anything, i mean i go to church on sunday and for that hour i am "religious" but after that it doesnt really effect me at all.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
June 11th, 2006 at 10:08pm
Jules:
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:

Oh okay, I was just curious to know.
What aspects appealed to you from religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism, if you don't mind me asking?

In Hinduism, the whole idea of reincarnation and karma really appealed to me. I like the thought of how you act now affecting you in the next life. And the caste system also drew me in, since it made alot of since to me. And also, Ghandi has been one of my hero's since I was eight and learned about him, and his religion played a big part in his life. In Buddhism, the eightfold path and the four noble truths were very interesting and true. The only reason I went for Hinduism over Buddhism is the fact that Buddhism is against violence, and there's no way I could stick to that, even if Ghandi believed in non-violence.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 11th, 2006 at 10:14pm
...I mean, god never invented cars or anything like that....

Well, it is said in the Bible that God lets us do things on our own once in a while and let us learn from our mistakes. That is why there is crime in the world. I think that's rather sad. Sometimes I get angry at God because our world is totally going to Hell with all the crime and awful things going on every day. Innocent people are dying and getting hurt by the careless.

By the way, what are your views on religion vs. crime? Do you think religious writings cover it enough? What do you think about punishments according to religious writings?

Just a topic suggestion. :]
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
June 12th, 2006 at 01:20am
Thanks for clearing that up... even if it was a little late... =]

Personally, I don't think religion covers all crimes. In the Muslim faith, [I think it is, I'm not too sure, so don't quote me on that.]
If you are caught stealing, your hand that was caught will get cut off. Personally, I think that is a little harsh, especially in this day and age.
But in saying that, some of the punshments we have for other, more serious crimes astounds me.
The system can be manipulated and avoided so easily it's kind of scarey.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
June 12th, 2006 at 01:29am
If you are caught stealing, your hand that was caught will get cut off. Personally, I think that is a little harsh, especially in this day and age.

What you're talking about is something they would do 100 years ago.
Most civilized muslims know better.
john bonham.
Bulletproof Heart
john bonham.
June 12th, 2006 at 01:39am
I really have no idea.
It confuses me.
I don't see how I could praise something I never knew for sure ever existed.
mcr saved my life!
Killjoy
mcr saved my life!
June 12th, 2006 at 01:43am
i think many of the principles of religion need to be updated to promote more of a relevance to today's people. Only when this happens will i be able to state my true feelings about religion
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
June 12th, 2006 at 04:08am
--Yara--:
What you're talking about is something they would do 100 years ago.
Most civilized muslims know better.

Well that's what I thought.
My Religion teacher, both actually, this years and last years, said that to me.
But would you say that it may still happen? In really rural areas the places like that?
I'm not sure, I was just stating the information that I was given. Obviously it's quite wrong...
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
June 12th, 2006 at 06:44am
Sippin Dat Emo Juice:

In Hinduism, the whole idea of reincarnation and karma really appealed to me. I like the thought of how you act now affecting you in the next life. And the caste system also drew me in, since it made alot of since to me. And also, Ghandi has been one of my hero's since I was eight and learned about him, and his religion played a big part in his life. In Buddhism, the eightfold path and the four noble truths were very interesting and true. The only reason I went for Hinduism over Buddhism is the fact that Buddhism is against violence, and there's no way I could stick to that, even if Ghandi believed in non-violence.

Okay, fair enough. Thank you!
I've just been considering these religions carefully, and wanted to hear about someone that's converted to them.
Red_of_a_Rose
Jazz Hands
Red_of_a_Rose
June 14th, 2006 at 01:31am
I'm I guess what is considered a Satanist. I believe that Jesus did exist but he shouldn't be worshipped because he was just a person like you and me. I also believe that you should be your own god. So basically I worship myself and have no problem enjoying things that would be considered "sins" by the Christian religion. I also agree with the fact that the biggest sin in Satanism is stupidity. "Its to bad that stupidity isn't painful..."-Anton LaVey. But yea I think it is ok for someone to be homosexual (which is frowned on by the Christian faith) and I also don't have a problem with having sex before marriage (which is definitely frowned on by the Christian faith) However I do have a friend who is VERY catholic, and I love her dearly and respect her.