Don't have an account? Create one!

Beauty and perception

AuthorMessage
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
February 26th, 2007 at 07:55am
my-chemical-reaction:
its really sad how we focus so much on outside beauty that we don't get to see someones inner beauty. its hard when you look in the mirror and hate what you see. theres lots of girls at my school that are beauty and perfect, but once you get to know them their shallow, and cruel. personally i think your beautiful if your kind and caring not if you look good on the outside.
Yeah. That's the whole point. But a lot of people make judgements based on looks only. I try hard not to, though, but I still do it, once in a while.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
February 26th, 2007 at 11:34am
Yara; wtf...:
It's in my opinion that in this day and age, and society, beauty is very important. It's the difference between getting a job or not. People judge you by the way you look. If you're absolutely gorgeous, you get treated better.

I don't think that's entirely true. In my line of work (graphic artist) if you don't have the skills and training, you can be as drop dead gorgeous as a supermodel but you'll never get the job. In my experience job hunting in NYC, where the market is supremely tough, I've found that a spectacular looking portfolio and resume get you much further than a pretty face.

I used to work with a woman that looked EXACTLY like Cameron Diaz. She was tall, slim, blonde and perfect in every way. She actually got treated quite disgustingly by the men around the office. She was viewed as nice piece of ass instead of getting any respect.

So I would say outer beauty doesn not count for anything. I would say respect, honesty, and a warm friendly, open attitude coupled with good personal hygeine will get you anywhere you want to be in life.
jayness1990
Joining The Black Parade
jayness1990
February 26th, 2007 at 02:24pm
I think that Beauty is much in our lives but its not always the case. I know its been said time and time again. But beuty is in the eye of the beholder. Beauty is only skin deep. I think im ugly and not nothing until i met the love of my life who showed i was beautiful
Helena.MyDreams
Killjoy
Helena.MyDreams
February 26th, 2007 at 03:15pm
Beauty begins on the inside. Unfortunatly society today is focused so stinkin much on image though. If you are comfortable with who you are, that's beautiful.
Ava Maria
Bleeding on the Floor
Ava Maria
February 27th, 2007 at 11:43am
I don't think what on the outside counts whatsoever...looks don't make a person.

Even when I was a kid I knew that thei nsdie is what matter .Someone can be beautiful and a jerk...which do you want?The beauty and put up with the jerkyness or ugly and kind?

Weight,looks,shit like that don't matter as long as the person has a nice personality.
Poisoned Robot
Joining The Black Parade
Poisoned Robot
February 27th, 2007 at 06:22pm
Beauty can not be described only viewed by the eyes of unaware onlookers who are sweetly surprised.
regretting fear.
Killjoy
regretting fear.
February 27th, 2007 at 07:40pm
Inner beauty is very important, but outer beauty is good too. I mean, my health teacher taught our class the life pyramid-- you need to have support from three main factors in life, being Social, Mental, and Physical. Well, something along the lines of that. If you have good social actions, like all the inner beauty of a person, a healthy mind that is smart strong, and a physical appearance/health, the life pyramid supports you. The three are connected and without one of them, you go downhill.

My point is, if you have good hygiene, take care of yourself, and make yourself nice and presentable, you can benefit from it without being a jerk, and your mind will be healthy. Inner beauty is vital, but humans still have that judgemental emotion on first appearances.

If you've got the nice attitude, the positive mind, and a proper physical appearance, I would say you are perfectly beautiful.

Even though nothing is perfect.
loaded_gun
Jazz Hands
loaded_gun
February 27th, 2007 at 08:17pm
Ahh, another favorite topic of the gun.

I think that putting an hours worth of effort into yourself in the morning so that you can be beautiful is so idiotic. It's as bad as being fake in my view. You're not looking like your self, you're transforming yourself into something you could never be and it's pointless. And then guys fall in love with the girls who are the prettiest who spend hours in the mirror. I think that the world would be better off without all the haircare things and the make up cause then you could show people who you really are and what you really look like and the person you care for you will love you for what you truely look like and who you truely are. It takes me 7 minutes to get ready in the morning. That's how much effort I put fourth. If a guy doesn't like me because I'm ugly and I don't have an hours worth of make up on my face then he's not worth my time. It's pointless and I wish people would get passed the superficial standing of beauty and then maybe the world would be a little better. But that would never happen. Not in my wildest dreams.
My boyfriend loves me for who I am and he thinks I'm beautiful without makeup, I believe that's a wonderful relationship to me.
My opinion. Very Happy
Poisoned Robot
Joining The Black Parade
Poisoned Robot
February 27th, 2007 at 08:53pm
yeah i agree with what your saying
there is no point trying to be something your not
sure if you spend hours in the morning making yourself
look good you'll get plenty of stares from guys but is that all you want
its better to be yourself and find people who appreiciate you not
just for your looks but for the person you are
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
February 28th, 2007 at 08:35am
My friends and I used to say, no matter how ugly we become, we'd still be friends. Have you watched Fantastic Four? There's a scene there where the Thing's wife separates from him because he looks awful. I think that's the smartest thing the director did. It just goes to show how superficial a lot of us really are.
ZOMBIE;
Thinking Happy Thoughts
ZOMBIE;
February 28th, 2007 at 05:18pm
People say that what on the outside doesnt count as much as much as what son the inside but we all know thats a lie. There are a specail few who actually get to know someone before they judge them but the rest of the world isnt that way. People are judeged everyday by how they look and how skinny they are. We were talking baout this in class today. We had a list of characters descriptions and what they're life was like and we had to choose who deserved to live more out of the 7 people. and it turned out (with no help from me..) that the good looking doctor lived when the obese (sp..) teacher was thrown over board.
Judgeing is wrong and you should love yourself no matter what you look like.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 2nd, 2007 at 05:08am
I get what you mean.
porcelain-star
Fabulous Killjoy
porcelain-star
March 2nd, 2007 at 07:27am
i belive in inner beauty, but unfortunately society doesnt. its a lot harder for people with inner beauty to be thought beautiful unless they are 'attractive' on the outside
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 2nd, 2007 at 07:55am
TheWildRose:
i belive in inner beauty, but unfortunately society doesnt. its a lot harder for people with inner beauty to be thought beautiful unless they are 'attractive' on the outside
Yeah. A lot of people don't realize what they're missing until they're forced to talk to this unattractive person and they find out that they're missing out on a lot of wonderful stuff.
technicolor.
Demolition Lover
technicolor.
March 2nd, 2007 at 08:35pm
billy99:
My friends and I used to say, no matter how ugly we become, we'd still be friends. Have you watched Fantastic Four? There's a scene there where the Thing's wife separates from him because he looks awful. I think that's the smartest thing the director did. It just goes to show how superficial a lot of us really are.

ya i think it was good that he put that in there but even though the director did that people will still judge on the outside no matter what. some people just refuse to change.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 2nd, 2007 at 09:32pm
my-chemical-reaction:
billy99:

ya i think it was good that he put that in there but even though the director did that people will still judge on the outside no matter what. some people just refuse to change.
Yeah I know.
mcr_lover_duvna
Killjoy
mcr_lover_duvna
March 3rd, 2007 at 05:47am
I watched that movie today and it really is sad how the things wife leaves him. It was a good call by the director showing todays superficiality
alexander
Killjoy
alexander
March 3rd, 2007 at 08:09pm
Society these days is all about how someone looks.There is this poem called Barbie Doll that surounds this topic, its about a girl that killed herself because she wasnt perfect. Its the magazines and tv that projects this mostly, people no longer see the inner beauty. No
FallOutGirl
Killjoy
FallOutGirl
March 3rd, 2007 at 08:23pm
In my opinion, it's ALL about how the person acts...and how they are as a person in general. If they're "beautiful", that's just an added bonus. Its the inside that counts...the outside is just "the icing on the cake".
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 5th, 2007 at 06:37am
fullmetalfreek:
Society these days is all about how someone looks.There is this poem called Barbie Doll that surounds this topic, its about a girl that killed herself because she wasnt perfect. Its the magazines and tv that projects this mostly, people no longer see the inner beauty. No

I know that poem! Our teacher read that to us and told us to make an essay on it.