Don't have an account? Create one!

Beauty and perception

AuthorMessage
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
July 19th, 2006 at 05:40pm
choxie<3:
Ok, I have a question. How can anybody call anyone ugly, or think themselves are ugly.

Thats true. Everybody has a different opinion on what they think is beautiful. So you can't call any one ugly or think that you are ugly.
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
July 20th, 2006 at 12:04am
Most of my friends are "The Beautiful People". They're your typical Blonde hair, tanned skin, always dieting etc etc. And yeah they do get given more privilages then an average person. And i think its wrong. I've had many people say oh i wish i could hang with your friends or, i wish i looked like your friend so and so and in all honesty i think thats CRAP. my "Beautiful" friends, are all nice on the surface to people but then go and say some of the cruelest things about them to their backs,

But they don't see it as being mean.

And they exploit themselves endlessley when it comes to guys. they try and find the hottest guy they can, like its a competeition. They NEVER EVER actually date the people they hook up with.

They Just Root and Boot.

I've also had people say wow i wish i could have as many guys as them...but they hate it. they hate the feeling they have to compete for the hottest guy and then not actually get any emotional satisfaction fromthe relationship. The critisied me when i started going out with my boyfriend because he wasn't hot.

But he's the nicest person i've ever met.

So in all honesty, when i think about all the problems and pressure they imagine upon them to create an image like they are...

I don't want to be beautiful.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
July 20th, 2006 at 12:30am
Sadly, people who are pretty/beautiful/gorgeous get treated better.

Sure, I'm comfortable with my appearance, but I still like to wear make-up.
It's something to enhance your appearance, not improve.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
July 20th, 2006 at 01:54am
Personally, I think appearance does affect an individual enormously.

You're going to have low self-esteem if you think or get called ugly. That effects your choices and your relationship with people.

I don't think I'm ugly; I'll tell you that.
I don't wear make-up, mainly because I am personally against it.
I enjoy getting complimented on my appearance.
I think everyone should.

But I think it's much more sincere getting complimented on your personality.
Being recognised for how unique you are is something I'd love to be noticed for.

Yet, a lot of girls my age are pressured to meet this false expectation of having to look stunningly gorgeous.
And when they try too hard, then it's worse.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
July 20th, 2006 at 04:16am
I love make-up.
And I don't feel bad at all about saying that--
it just makes me look better.
And I enjoy lookin' good.
monkeyinair
Bleeding on the Floor
monkeyinair
July 20th, 2006 at 09:35am
it is true that it's good to be beautiful outwardly (does this word exist?). people are nicer to pretty people, which is unfair. i do remember people treating me horribly because i was fat and like what they said - nerd nerd- i had no friends because of how i looked. it's unfair. but it's reality. i hate reality.
paperwings.
Bleeding on the Floor
paperwings.
July 21st, 2006 at 05:06am
Maybe I'm just crazy, but I think everyone is beautiful in their own way.
antennas to heaven.
Banned
antennas to heaven.
July 26th, 2006 at 08:37am
Theres this girl called Louise in some of my classes, and shes very overweight, and what alot of people would call "ugly".
She has no friends, people bully her to no end, like name calling and stuff. But not one of those people have tried to get to know her. Me and my friend Mollie have tried speaking to her in the past couple of months, and shes not actually that bad. Shes quite nice, and funny and easy to talk to. And now we're casual friends.
And that proved that what people look like on the outside are not what theyre like one the inside.
I think some people get some sort of boost out of picking on "ugly" people.

LiveWithoutTheE
Killjoy
LiveWithoutTheE
July 26th, 2006 at 03:14pm
Handguns For Hearts:
Maybe I'm just crazy, but I think everyone is beautiful in their own way.

thats not crazy at all.
i totally agree.
its people's uniqueness that is beautiful.
and everyone has their own perception on beauty.
but it is sad that in this day of age beauty means everything.
and that is the only way you can get jobs, friends or respect.
but i agree with that because at the end of the day
everyone is beautiful in his or her own way.

and they say like beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the only beholder that there is (or should be) is yourself.
and if you don't feel beautiful or if you do feel beautiful than nobody else should judge you on that or you shouldn't listen to the critisism on others for that.
riceroll.
Salute You in Your Grave
riceroll.
July 27th, 2006 at 11:08am

I find that everyone is beautiful in one way or another, either in culture or just the way they think and live their life.

Everyone is beautiful. And our society should know that.
.shotgun.sinners.
Salute You in Your Grave
.shotgun.sinners.
July 27th, 2006 at 05:47pm
I know for a fact and personal expiriences that 'pretty' people get treated differently.
I'm a twin, so naturally I get compared to her, and I was always the inferior twin, because I was/ am the ugly one. I had braces, acne, hell I still have acne, and I get treated like crap for being 'the ugly' one, when (I hate to toot my own horn) but I'm the nice one.
I'm a genuniely nice person, I smile lot's, I care for others more then I do myself, and I make an effort to be nice to everyone.
And her, she smokes, she does drugs, she dresses like someone that should be standing on street corners, is belligerent and rude, is totally and 100% vain and ego tistical, and she gets treated nicely by everyone.
I don't get it. Call me crazy, but that's not how the world should work, people shouldn't get condoned for being a jerk because their pretty. It's wrong. It's what inside that counts, and I wish our society would put less pressure on people to be perfect. And they say everyones fair or equal, but bullshit. If you're not outwardly gorgeous, your nothing in todays society
OMG it's Jennie :0
Motor Baby
OMG it's Jennie :0
August 2nd, 2006 at 08:18pm
Sometimes I think the world would be better if people just didn't judge beauty.
There's so many people out there who will only want you for your looks... and nothing else. It's like you're an object. And it's a bit of an insult if someone like that wants you. :\
Miss Americvnt
Bleeding on the Floor
Miss Americvnt
August 3rd, 2006 at 02:37pm
I think I'm ugly as hell. That's why I post my pictures in the Photo Thread(s), so I can get a confidence boost. It usually works. Last year, my whole group of friends were considered "ugly". All the pretty girls would make fun of us, the boys would never talk to us, and school was pretty much hell for me. I started cutting, and had numerous thoughts of suicide because of what I went through. I remember trying to look like them, trying to be skinny and beautiful. Almost became bulimic(?), but I couldn't throw up for some reason. No matter what people say, I think my friends are the most beautiful people I've ever met, and I'll be damned if anyone can make me think otherwise.

I wish image wasn't so important these days. I know that I might not be beautiful outside, but I am inside, and that will get me further in life than those girls at school could even dream of getting. I really don't judge on looks, because, why would I do what has been done to me? And that's why I have such good friends, cause I go by personality.

Besides, the beauty on the surface is only temporary, but that on the inside will last a lifetime and beyond.
CassieCHAOS
Killjoy
CassieCHAOS
August 4th, 2006 at 02:35am
"Besides, the beauty on the surface is only temporary, but that on the inside will last a lifetime and beyond."

Well put, well put.

My outer-appearance is a top priority.
It has never been because of what other people think of me, but because of what I think of myself. My self esteem is running on empty, and I believe that self esteem is a very important aspect in life. Because, if you don't love or have faith in yourself, then how can you love or have faith in anyone else?
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
August 4th, 2006 at 12:27pm
There was people at my school where were absolutly beautiful but were total bitches. They wore expensive stuff and make up and had nice hair and everyone wants to be their friend even though they treat them like dirt. I look gothic (lets be honest for a minite, my nicknme was "emo kid"Wink and i had very few friends. People were scared of me (and personally I like it like that) but if you get to know me im not all spikey necklaces and peicrings and chains. I'm actually a good person. So what if im not beautiful?
*A Midnight Soul*
Motor Baby
*A Midnight Soul*
August 4th, 2006 at 09:31pm
I don't know if anyones heard this quote.
"Beauty is Sin" or "Sinful"- (I don't remember where I heard that from... sorry) I find that it's mostly true.
It's a shame that our societies main focus is 'Beauty'
I personaly (a few years ago) had a very very low self image
because I didn't think I was as pretty some of the other girls at my school, on t.v, in magazines,and many other places.I hated my self for not looking like them. Even today I don't feel very 'pretty' but I'm very happy with who I am on the inside, and if people don't like the way I look, well they can go get a Fucking (sorry I don't usually curse) life.
Everyone is beautiful. And our society should know that.

Now that I've gone through my 'self hate' stage(or whatever to want to call it)I believe that to. Every one is beautiful on the outside and, if everyone tried to treat others as they wish to be treated the world would be a much better place and if everyone wasn't so caught up in how 'pretty' or 'beautiful' someone is or isn't it would also help.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
August 10th, 2006 at 10:21pm
I personally dont judge people by what they look like, its too hard to judge character because they can be any way. Someone who is extremely pretty can be a horrible person or they can be a really nice person and same for someone who is not as pretty. I really dont like perfection, i cant stand it when someone looks like a barbie doll out of a mould, i love it when people have messed up teeth or a big nose or something, it makes them more human to me. But i would never diss someone who looks like that without getting to know them because they might be a really cool person
ilovegfmbr
Killjoy
ilovegfmbr
August 20th, 2006 at 01:42am
I am very overweight, but I also feel very beautiful. I have been told all my life that I am pretty, or beautiful etc., but when I put on the weight , the compliments turned to "you have such a pretty face", yes I wear makeup, and never leave the house without my hair being groomed, but its because I want to look as good as I can, whether its good to everyone who sees me, is irrelevant. I believe we are all beautiful to someone. I feel more confident if I have lip gloss on, and a little mascara, but I don't put it on with a putty knife.
Do I feel pretty because I have been told I am? or is it because of my own perspective of myself? this I cannot answer, but like everyone else, I feel good some days and not so good other days. Ugly people are beautiful too. you just have to see them for who they are, which means delving into their personalities, not their bodies.
hungryhungryhiba
Killjoy
hungryhungryhiba
August 22nd, 2006 at 05:54pm
MistressRhi:
i love it when people have messed up teeth or a big nose or something, it makes them more human to me. person

i feel the same way. it makes you different.
i think that beauty is how you feel about yourself. it only matters what you think.
but that doesnt mean to just let the chips fall. i mean, there is such a thing as personal grooming, and some people have been raised or were just born to feel clean and nice to themsleves.

im just trying to say, brush your hair very day, and believe in yourself.
Megan Vegantoast
Bleeding on the Floor
Megan Vegantoast
September 8th, 2006 at 11:34pm
Honestly, I think the reason we think we're all ugly is because everyone calls us ugly.

I go to a school where everyday all I hear is "Wow, your ugly!", "Hey, dogface!", "Hey PIzza face!", and "Bad day, eh?".

I can;t stand it as even my best friends do this to me from time-to-time. I think that its everyone's fault. Beauty shouldn't matter, yet one's own perception can drive them mad into fit and fury of depression, causing them to do drugs, cut, or commit suicide.