Don't have an account? Create one!

Beauty and perception

AuthorMessage
out of use.
Shotgun Sinner
out of use.
May 4th, 2007 at 07:14pm
I really agree with the whole inner beauty thing, but I swear there is just too much pressure these days, at my school if you're wearing size 8 + your fat, if your hair isn't straight then your the wierd loner kid, and most people in my school walk round orange, literally. I'd like to say its more about the innerbeauty but now it just isn't seen for that anymore cause everyone judges you. It kinda sucks.
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
May 4th, 2007 at 09:07pm
WTF is with size zero?.
I've never heard of it before.
I live in Perth,Australia and I don't think I am as pressured here as people are overseas. Specially in America.
This is why I am glad I have a uniform. Also, I stick by my states "look and wear whatever you feel like"policy.
It's a lazy town. No one cares , when you live here, you've been to the beach enough times to stop caring about what you look like....it all washes out and away.
So yeh....whats is size Zero? Wouldn't that mean that you don't exist?. Seriously, arn't Babies like size two?....how can a grown person be size zero?.
It makes no sense. WTF?.
LOL 'Vogue' sounds like 'Vague'....bahahha.
out of use.
Shotgun Sinner
out of use.
May 5th, 2007 at 05:53am
toothy:
WTF is with size zero?.
I live in Perth,Australia and I don't think I am as pressured here as people are overseas. Specially in America.
This is why I am glad I have a uniform. Also, I stick by my states "look and wear whatever you feel like"policy.
It's a lazy town. No one cares , when you live here, you've been to the beach enough times to stop caring about what you look like....it all washes out and away.
So yeh....whats is size Zero? Wouldn't that mean that you don't exist?. Seriously, arn't Babies like size two?....how can a grown person be size zero?.
It makes no sense. WTF?.
Size Zero is like the newish trend for all the celebs and models to be, except the sad thing is its like spreading cause people..I don't know...they just think the'd fit in better/look better/ feel better if they were it, its an English size 4 if thats any help =]
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
May 5th, 2007 at 08:41pm
ehh i agree. the school uniform for melbourne people is a lot easier than having to wear something 'stylish' and 'cool' every single day to school. there isn't any pressure to have brand named clothes.
BedRoom Eyes.
Killjoy
BedRoom Eyes.
May 6th, 2007 at 09:42pm
What do you think?
beauty happens to matter the world to me. makeup and fashion is all ive got. when you think about people who dont have anything besides what they look like, beauty does matter...well to them atleast. if girls want to starve themselves, then its their choice. sure, its wrong, but who are you to say whats right?
Does the outside count?
yes, to me it counts for everything. but im not shallow, i dont care if someone doesnt wear makeup or dress up.
Is the inside just as important?
EXTREMELY important.
What is beauty to you?
beauty to me is whatever that person wants it to be.
for me it happens to be my makeup and clothes and hair.
i cuss, drink, smoke. but im very sweet. and thats what matters.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
May 8th, 2007 at 03:34pm
Stefan Sagmeister, an amazing graphic artist said "The need to look good limits my life."

People who think beauty and the way they look in the mirror are wasting precious minutes and hours of their life away. You could be doing something better with your life than worrying about what someone thinks. You could be living your dream, helping others, making a difference in someone's life. Think about this, if you died tomorrow and looked back on your life, how many of those hours were spent trying to look good? How many of those hours would you wish you had back to do something better and more meaningful? How many hours spent in front of the mirror would you trade to spend a few more minutes with the people you loved?
gone
Really Not Okay
gone
May 8th, 2007 at 04:29pm
I think beauty is how people use the beauty. Instead of seeing how beautiful a girl's eyebrows are, I think of how she uses them is beautiful. See?

In my school, alot of girls seem to think that long hair and nails are the real status of being beautiful. Who the hell told you that, your priest?

You can have short hair, not wear makeup, and still be beautiful in your own special way. Someone out there will look beyond your looks someday and see you for who you truly are; An amazing woman.

I wear makeup. I dye my hair, and I like to wear cute clothes. Shallow? Not in the least, dude. I love to help people out. I have a hobby and her name is Art. I cry for those who are in pain. I can feel. I'm alive!

Remeber that it's important to take care of yourself, as health is the only effective reason for being beautiful. Clean yourself, spritz a bit of perfume here and there, and then go and create yourself with clothes, haircuts, makeup and so on.

You are you. And you are, to yourself and those who love you, beautiful. <3
three_oh_three
Joining The Black Parade
three_oh_three
May 9th, 2007 at 12:48am
i think no matter how much people want to tell themselves that they believe in the idea that beauty is only skin deep, its completely unavoidable to not be shallow at times. its human nature to be attracted to certain looks
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 9th, 2007 at 02:43am
we live in a society that strives for perfection.
and weve found it in celebrities
i think if we didint have them to look at we wouldnt try so hard to look at them
and besides if they want to be size zeros
thats just sad/
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
May 9th, 2007 at 05:15am
I only like to hear about celebrities sometimes, and when I do it's only because their lives are so sad. I would never like my life to be tainted by fame. When I say fame, I mean MEGA fame, but like. Bob Bryar famous, that's okay. Its like you're famous, but only to certain people.
ANYWAY.

It IS possible for someone to only care about the insides of someone. Know this for truth. Of course, hygeine is a different issue,but loooks NAH dosn't matter. My boyfriend = mikey glasses, those comic nerd v-necks, scruffy black hair, acne, two toned squeaky voice, plays world of warcraft, has a part time job at the comic book store, he's not fit. But he's AWESOME, seriously, when I first described him to my friends, they were like "EWWW" but when they met him, they fell inlove.
He's like a mini gerard with brown hair.
I dunno, the day you stop caring about appearance is the day you become happier.
Trust me, it IS possible to become COMPLETELY detached from looks.
I walk down the street in the city with my torn pyjama pants, acne on my face (no make up) bed hair , red hair and glasses, and I'm not super skinny either. And I walk like no one is looking. Because really, no one is.
XVampireX
Joining The Black Parade
XVampireX
May 14th, 2007 at 12:01am
well it is important and i wish it wasnt.
im not exacly the pritty girl and hate that.
u just arent as excepted if u r ugly and i think that is just wrong.
i have written 2 blogs on bebo about how its unfair that u more liked if u r gorgeous.
thats really unfair.
im happy with myself if i look in the mirror and im alone but if im with a friend i get really self concious.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 14th, 2007 at 12:29am
toothy:
WTF is with size zero?.
It makes no sense. WTF?.

Clothing sizes differ from country to country, and I'm sure you've probably noticed they even differ from brand to brand (eg some things I can wear a size 10, others I have to buy a 12 because it's small sizing).
A 'size zero' is an American term which is roughly equivalent to an Aussie size 6 or 8 (I'm not quite sure which). Most 'normal sized' girls over there would be horrified if you asked them if they were wearing a size 12, as their equivalent is around a 4 or 6.
Next time you put on your shoes, check out the tag inside the tongue and you'll probably see there are tables showing the relevance between US, Australian, UK and European sizing - I wear a size 8 Aus, but they're size 5 or 6 US, so it doesn't only apply to clothing.
Don't freak out over 'size zero' - they're nothing like an Australian 0 would be if it existed... and kids' clothes are sized very differently to adult clothes too - children's ranges go from 6 to 14, and then adult starts at 8 in most department stores, so there's discrepancies there. Smile

EDIT: I was just looking at the tag on a pair of underwear I have, they're size 10, which is a US size 6, so a 0 would be equivalent to an Aussie size 4, which I'm pretty sure you can get at stores like Supre (it'd be xxs or xxxs) or JayJays.
I_dont_love_you13
Killjoy
I_dont_love_you13
May 15th, 2007 at 04:40pm
inner beauty is denifately most important...what can any type offriendship or relationship be based on looks. but when it comes to first impression...outer beauty means something. I'm sure no girl has heard the pick-up line "your inner beauty is possitively glowing tonight...share with me your thoughts and feelings." most of the time people sub-cosciencely choose who to talk to, approach, hire or whatever based on looks...
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
May 16th, 2007 at 01:40pm
It is human nature for people to be judged upon by their looks as that is what we see first. We need to break that mental idea and talk to a person who shares a same intrests as ourselves, no matter how they look.
ilovegerardway2much
Jazz Hands
ilovegerardway2much
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:15pm
i agree u shouldnt care about what any1 says about u. of course its natural2care... but over the last yr ive seen that im never gonna fit in so y the fxck am i trying? so i jus stopped.
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
May 25th, 2007 at 11:27am
i think if someone says something bad about you or makes fun of you, it's THEIR loss and THEIR problem. they're probably just making fun of you because they're self concious of themselves and don't feel good about themselves.
feardeath
Fabulous Killjoy
feardeath
May 26th, 2007 at 02:39am
^ That's absolutely right!!! Smile as long as you're confident to yourself, it doesn't matter what other people say about you or think about you... it's hard to accept if someone thinks you're not pretty or not good looking and all, but beauty comes from within and how we carry ourselves...
safafdsgfdhfj
Shotgun Sinner
safafdsgfdhfj
June 7th, 2007 at 05:32pm
What do you think?
Beauty is important,No matter if we try to deny it or not.
All girls/Women care what they look like,It's just how we are,
But you shouldn't do it for anyone else; You should do it for Yourself.
If Makeup and Hair make you feel better about yourself than thats what works for you.
I care alot about what i look like,Im not self centered,Or vain,Or conceited;
I just happen to care what i look like,and how i present myself.

Does the outside count?
Of course it does.
But,Not as much as the inside,
like i said,If it makes you feel better about yourself
then do it for yourself,and nobody else.

The inside is much more important than the outside
But,Sadly...Alot of people don't see that.

What is beauty to you?
Beauty to me is feeling beautiful to yourself.
Not caring what everyone else says and just being happy with yourself,
john bonham.
Bulletproof Heart
john bonham.
June 7th, 2007 at 08:48pm
What do you think?
I think it's natural. It's human nature for people to be attracted to people who are...well...attractive.
Does the outside count?
Of course. People will notice you if you're "pretty". Of course, different people define beauty differently. Someone you may think of as the most ugly person in the world may be the most beautiful to someone else.
More important, of course. Even if it is human nature, the shallowness of someone falling in love with you for your looks is not right.
What is beauty to you?
Beauty is being happy with yourself. I believe that if you're happy with yourself and 100% okay with your appearance - that's beauty. No matter what other people think.
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
June 7th, 2007 at 09:55pm
toothy:
WTF is with size zero?.
It makes no sense. WTF?.

Size 0 is being stick thin. i mean it. my friend shops at stores that sell it. it could fit my puppy Very Happy.i believe that size 0 is just another thing put on us by society to make us think that we have to be thin. size 0 also make kid anorexic.

any ways i believe strongly in personalty out ways outer looks. i wear guy clothes and proud of it. i don't judge people about what they look on the outside. but i think a lot of people judge whats on the outside.