Don't have an account? Create one!

Beauty and perception

AuthorMessage
Quack
Fabulous Killjoy
Quack
February 4th, 2007 at 02:35pm
In my school all the 'gorgeous' kids are popular..
But i look at some of the not-so popular people i know, the kind of people who
get gum chucked at them by the chavs, and they're gorgeous!
&& Im not exactly pretty and stick-thin and the popular kids slag me.
I think that whats on the inside counts! But these days, most people dont see it that way...

EDIT : Page Claim Fuckers Very Happy
electric love;
Bleeding on the Floor
electric love;
February 4th, 2007 at 02:59pm
yea, same with my school all of the suppsebly "hot" kids are poular....but the biggest bitches i've ever met

p.s. please don't page claim.....and i'm warning you ahead of time many people will tell you off about it....
your__Imaginaryheart
Jazz Hands
your__Imaginaryheart
February 5th, 2007 at 10:51am
ryan ross.:
I don't think the outside counts, but I do believe that good looking people get somewhere in life, and it's not fair.

yeah i would have to agree
and you right its not fair at all
its terrable
I beleive that fact is also part of the reason why so many ppl have pressure on them about their appearance
Its pretty sad really
your__Imaginaryheart
Jazz Hands
your__Imaginaryheart
February 5th, 2007 at 10:58am
Miss..Frank..Iero:
In my school all the 'gorgeous' kids are popular..
But i look at some of the not-so popular people i know, the kind of people who
get gum chucked at them by the chavs, and they're gorgeous!
&& Im not exactly pretty and stick-thin and the popular kids slag me.
I think that whats on the inside counts! But these days, most people dont see it that way...

EDIT : Page Claim Fuckers Very Happy

yeah i deffinatly know what you mean
beautiful in the inside is what counts
all the bitches who are "hot" are gonna think its not enough and probably get plastic surgery or something wen they get older and then maybe it'll go wrong as it usually does...then they'll get slagged for it by their 'friends' or whoever and they'llknow what its like for once
i really cant stand the poppular kids who are sapoibably 'hot'
their so up themselves that they dont even know how ugly they actually are or how disgusting theyre actually becomming
they may be attractive but honestly they dont know what real beauty is
true beauty is from inside and thats what counts
cutupangel
Killjoy
cutupangel
February 5th, 2007 at 07:37pm
I think that its shouldnt matter if your beautiful to people or not. you should be comfortable with yourself no matter what,even if you wear makeup or spend an hour getting yourself ready,it shouldnt just mean that you are trying to make yourself look better for other people. If you want to wear makeup because you think you look better than its alright,because you have to love yourself and do what you can/want to love yourself even more. the inside counts the most though,most people see the outside and judge you right away,but i think you should get to know the person befor any judgments.
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
February 5th, 2007 at 10:43pm
It's pretty much an age old problem. Outside appearence is the first thing offered for judgement by others, and it is the most acessible, so perceptions and judgement centers around it before anything else.
I feel that there are two kinds of beauty: the doll kind, and the inspiring kind. The latter lasts longer and to me, is the more powerful one.
Ava Maria
Bleeding on the Floor
Ava Maria
February 8th, 2007 at 11:40am
Looks don't matter much to me....it's the inside really..of course,anyone will look twice a nice looking guy or girl and want to...ahem,but looks don't last forever.
silentlullabys
Killjoy
silentlullabys
February 8th, 2007 at 05:16pm
i agree.
people are judged more often on what they look like. if they are on the larger side, and aren't the prettiest/best looking person in the world.. people don't talk to them. The prettier/more handsome people tend to get more attention.

i mean, there are plus-size models, but you don't hear about them as much.

looks can be decieving. people shouldn't judge each other on just their looks. someone can look unapproachable, but maybe the thing that they need most is someone to talk to.
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
February 8th, 2007 at 05:37pm
I think its people's natural instinct to make looks matter. But i think when it comes to love. AT FIRST you probably have to be attracted to somebody to want to get to know them...but not always...because if your married for 40 years looks don't really matter anymore. and they shouldn't, really. but sometimes they do. and its sad.
differant.
Shotgun Sinner
differant.
February 9th, 2007 at 05:33am
think of it this way: why is beauty so beautiful? that may not make sense, but what do people see as beautiful? and why is that beauty?
todays society is based on beauty. and it really sickens me. because beauty is what you persieve it to be. and people twist that around to make people feel like total sh!t. it's just horrible. true beauty is on the inside. its a cliche i know. but it's true.
The Apocalypse.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Apocalypse.
February 9th, 2007 at 05:58pm
I think that the media have a big influence on this topic.
If there wasn't so much suff in the media about 'size 0' models and 'what to wear to abg your man' i think alot of teenagers wouldn't feel so pressurised to lokk good. I know some people like to make a effort (me being one of them) but i also feel like there is a constant pressure on me to look good. i mean i'm not happy about the way i look but i soetimes wonder if there wasn't so mcuh media influence - would there be such a big problem?
marla singer.
Salute You in Your Grave
marla singer.
February 11th, 2007 at 12:21am
i hate how all the "hot & skinny" people are popular.
it makes the people that dont fit that description try harder & harder.
& end up ruining their bodies by being anorexic, etc.
when they really looked fine before.
i blame the media for all of that.
decode.
Salute You in Your Grave
decode.
February 17th, 2007 at 11:19pm
i think what is more important is the inside. coz i believe that the beauty inside reflects in the outside. but we shouldnt take forgranted our outside looks. it's ok to to do some simple things to make our looks pleasant. let's just not overdo things.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
February 18th, 2007 at 10:12am
Look beauty is on the inside, my boyfriend may think I'm pretty but also loves the real me. Not just what I look like.
forbidden snowflake
Killjoy
forbidden snowflake
February 20th, 2007 at 09:22am
those who work too hard for outer beauty lose their inner beauty
strat-guy91
Killjoy
strat-guy91
February 22nd, 2007 at 10:58am
Looking good can be everything to your social life. But it shouldn't rule your personnal life. Honestly, I used to never think anything about fashion (because I'm a guy). Personality might help get you places, but it's looks that seals the deal! So go ahead and bye those expensive clothes. If that's how you want to look, I have nothing wrong with it.
greeneyedgurl
Fabulous Killjoy
greeneyedgurl
February 23rd, 2007 at 05:58pm
to me beauty is how a person sees themselves and how they see themselves. pretty is more like after a girl puts on a little makeup then goes and has a good time with friends
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
February 25th, 2007 at 02:16am
greeneyedgurl:
to me beauty is how a person sees themselves and how they see themselves. pretty is more like after a girl puts on a little makeup then goes and has a good time with friends
Yeah...kinda like that. In short, beauty is the real thing.
echo lawrence.
Jazz Hands
echo lawrence.
February 25th, 2007 at 11:14am
So many people think that my best friend is ugly because she's overweight. But to me, because I love her, she is one of the most beautiful people I know.
Also, take Amanda Palmer. [the girl in my avatar] She is my goddess.... it sounds creepy, I wish I was kidding. But she doesn't shave her legs or under her arms and she's flat-chested and she paints her eyebrows on with liquid eyeliner but she is amazing. All my friends and I think she is amazing and beautiful, and that's because she is, whether she conforms to the standards of society or not.
technicolor.
Demolition Lover
technicolor.
February 25th, 2007 at 11:48am
its really sad how we focus so much on outside beauty that we don't get to see someones inner beauty. its hard when you look in the mirror and hate what you see. theres lots of girls at my school that are beauty and perfect, but once you get to know them their shallow, and cruel. personally i think your beautiful if your kind and caring not if you look good on the outside.