Don't have an account? Create one!

Beauty and perception

AuthorMessage
DinoSaur29
Killjoy
DinoSaur29
April 10th, 2007 at 06:41pm
like way to put yourself down when you look in the mirror and say to yourself that you are ugly. like what if you have self esteem problems and like cut yourself and like that just makes you wanna cut yourself even more. the only thing that matters in a person is there personality. beauty comes natural and everone is born beautiful. fuck everyone that says you arent. you just strut your stuff and act like you are the best one in the mother fuckin place. NEVER let anyone tell you that you arent beautiful.
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
April 10th, 2007 at 09:00pm
Nyx;zombified:
Toothy?
You're a better person than me. And I admire you for everything you said, tbh. It would be so great to have your attitude.
But you have to admit.
That's easier said than done.

I'm not a better person that you!.

The way I got over it all was, I just sat and thought long and hard about it.

Once I started loving people for whats inside, I started loving myself for whats inside me too.
If you can see the inner beauty in other people, you will see it in yourself eventually. Trust me, it sounds corny and cliche` but its true, I can tel you that.

Just keep watching things like beauty and the geek
and read those corny 'inner beauty' quotes and poems ,
surround yourself with people who arn't necsissarily attractive, but are funny and have a good heart

Eventualy you will realise that when you put make-up on to walk down the street and impress the people you don't know, won't make you happier.

I think what I'm trying to say is, just surround yourself with people and things that make you feel good about yourself.
There is this guy names Jesse, now, he's not the skinniest guy on the planet , or the most attractive, but he is so funny and nice , and his smile is warm enough to even make your physics teacher smile. He's wonderful and reminds me of Gerard and anyone else who wasn't in the 'in crowd' . I love being with him because when you're with Jesse, people on run-ways or in magazines don't matter.
Chris Kunitz!
Joining The Black Parade
Chris Kunitz!
April 23rd, 2007 at 01:37am
Beauty is on the inside. Our appearance, all of that just sits there so we do not have to see our flesh and innards. If your personality sucks, you are doomed for life.
If only more people understood that the outside is nothing and the inside is everything. Those who look for what is on the outside never find happiness.
Disillusioned.
Fabulous Killjoy
Disillusioned.
April 24th, 2007 at 01:51pm
I find it dissapointing that beauty matters so much. I feel under pressure to look good all the time, and it never works because I always feel like I'm ugly. People have said otherwise, and that you shouldn't compare yourself to re-touched photos of celebrities, but you can't help it, can you? The problem is, people will treat you better if you're good-looking. It's never going to be different. People are never going to not judge you on your appearance. Shame, really.
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
Jazz Hands
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
April 24th, 2007 at 02:03pm
yeh although it shouldnt matter as much in todays society the way you look really does matter

although ... my image is slightly controversial in my area cos the majority of people are in to the hip hop scene so ignoring make up and stuff like that clothes make you stand out and attract negative attention

but the other day i was in a pub and i had red eye liner on as well as black and this woman really started criticising it and telling me that shes in the fasion industry blah blah blahhh and even tried to get me to take some of the red off

and i was like look, i respect the fact that you dont like it and i have no problem with you because of that and tried to end the discussion, but she just started being really rude

i was actually so annoyed after talking with her

and that wouldnt have happened had i not worn red on my eyes??

so although appearance shouldnt BE that important it is, and every day it just gets more important

first impressions are created by the way someone looks ... so ... if you dont try to look good everyones first impression is likely to be negative ... its a shame that society has such a shallow mind set really

xoxo
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
April 24th, 2007 at 02:15pm
girls are definatly more pressured than boys,
all i hear most girls talking about in my year is 'I haven't shaved for nearly 2 days'
or, 'do you pluck your eyebrows?'

You have to remember, these kids are only 12 and 13.

And, what's worse, if these kids don't do the above things to perfection, other people make jokes about them.
If people arn't 'pretty' or 'cute' It is deemed 'wrong' to go out with them. People go 'Eww why would go out with him/her, they're skank!'
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
Jazz Hands
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
April 24th, 2007 at 02:21pm
Baka-kun XNinjaX:
girls are definatly more pressured than boys,
all i hear most girls talking about in my year is 'I haven't shaved for nearly 2 days'
or, 'do you pluck your eyebrows?'

You have to remember, these kids are only 12 and 13.

And, what's worse, if these kids don't do the above things to perfection, other people make jokes about them.
If people arn't 'pretty' or 'cute' It is deemed 'wrong' to go out with them. People go 'Eww why would go out with him/her, they're skank!'

yeah id say school is a reaaaallllly bad place for being judged on appearance

at 6th form/college i think its not as bad, cos i dunno, theres lots of people with the 'studenty' look and people hang in groups of people who look/dress similarly to them

same with uni

but, im not looking forward to leaving uni and just truly entering ... this is a lmae way of putting it but like the 'adult world'

because then there is a certain way to look. when you're younger you can be looked at as just an alternative teenager who is in to an alternative type of music or something

but when you're older you conform, or stand out and get criticised for it Neutral

xoxo
SavvyTheEntertainer
Killjoy
SavvyTheEntertainer
April 26th, 2007 at 10:12pm
Girls are more pressured than boys and also its seems like girls judge guys alot more for who they are then what they look like. I mean sure we like hot guys but if they're complete and total assholes we tend to walk away....guys..not so much
echo lawrence.
Jazz Hands
echo lawrence.
April 27th, 2007 at 01:20pm
Beauty to me is unshaved legs and drawn-on eyebrows and a sweet smile and maybe not everything say Heidi Klum is, but everything Amanda Palmer is is perfect.
To me.
It's so different for anyone.
gerardwayfan101
Killjoy
gerardwayfan101
April 27th, 2007 at 07:20pm
everyone.. is beautiful in their own way. no matter.. how they look or how they feel about their self. me personally, i dont care what people think about the way i look, if yooh dont like the way i look then dont look at me. when i put on makeup (eyeliner ONLY) i dont do it 4 other people i do it 4 myself. beauty doesnt matter. if yooh dont like the way yooh look then change it, if yooh do then always remember this.. "NEVER CHANGE 4 ANYONE".
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
April 29th, 2007 at 02:10am
what annoyes me is, people always say to others:
"oh you have a great personality"
because even though they do, it seems like they are saying "thats the only thing going for ya"
angelique
Killjoy
angelique
April 29th, 2007 at 01:53pm
if you're happy about how you look then people shouldn't give a crap

unfortunately that's not how it is...it never was
mcr_4ever
Joining The Black Parade
mcr_4ever
April 29th, 2007 at 07:21pm
in society beauty does count cuz supposely it defines who u are and how much u take care of urself........I think the inside is what counts but in the outside world it will always matter if ur beautiful or not cuz some ppl think that if ur beautiful ur smart too.......which is wrong to think this way
ILuvMCRandYotas
Motor Baby
ILuvMCRandYotas
April 30th, 2007 at 02:04pm
Unfortunately, we live in a very superficial world. Looks end up being more important than anything else about a person. It's one thing to look professional for a job or interview, but being judged beyond that isn't really cool. I once read that everybody has at least one thing about them that is stunning. I think that's true.
CHLOEE
Killjoy
CHLOEE
May 1st, 2007 at 01:17pm
if your a good person that should shine through.
and make you a beautiful person because of that (:
Morning Stars.
Salute You in Your Grave
Morning Stars.
May 2nd, 2007 at 06:46am
i think today's perception of beauty is a little more distorted - size 0, barely any clothes and implants everywhere. it's frickin ridiculous
Mrs.Frankie.Iero
Killjoy
Mrs.Frankie.Iero
May 2nd, 2007 at 11:04am
inner beauty = so important
outer beauty + so not important
alexander
Killjoy
alexander
May 2nd, 2007 at 12:36pm
Yeah it may not be important how someone looks on the outside but this day and age people think beauty is power and they will do anything to obtain it. Dance
Darksoul89
Killjoy
Darksoul89
May 4th, 2007 at 10:07am
Young girls are mostly pressured by super models and the new size zero that swept through the nation.

I'm all for inner beauty. being a friendly person and helping others, will get you noticed by me. I don't take ages doing my make-up because I just don't see the point.

Inner beauty is the real deal for me.
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
Jazz Hands
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
May 4th, 2007 at 12:21pm
^^ thats how it should be for most people

but, mainly through pressures created through various media, people feel they cant rely on inner beauty, and have to compete with people to look really good, and also acceptable

because looking alternative creates negative attention

its bad