dontdie
October 27th, 2006 at 05:26pm
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 27th, 2006 at 07:33pm
dontdie:
Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.
wilson.
Shotgun Sinner
wilson.
October 27th, 2006 at 07:46pm
Beauty is a term with varied meanings.
Everyone has a different sense of what is beautiful, and no one should be judged based upon their 'beauty.'
If life was fair, beauty wouldn't matter.
But we judge by looks far more than we've judged any other aspect of humanity.
It's really all about what you believe in, and whether or not society agrees.
But you shouldn't force yourself to fit the cookiecutter form of 'beauty,' just because a large group of people accepts it and embraces it.
They'll embrace your curves and probably not your voice.
At the end, you still die, whether you're wearing a size two or a size fourteen.
We're all the same.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
October 27th, 2006 at 08:04pm
bloodredruby69:
dontdie:
Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Haha.

It's cliche, and stuff, but I really do believe that before you can love someone, you need to love yourself.
You need confidence - not arrogance (though I plenty of both).
Being confident in your appearance doesn't mean you think you should be the next Miss World.
What it does mean, is that you're mature enough to feel good in your own skin. You're able to think to yourself, "I do actually look very pretty today," when you stare in the mirror.
Disenchanted Fairy
Killjoy
Disenchanted Fairy
October 28th, 2006 at 11:28am
I think that beauty is everything for thiis cold society we live in, specially if you live in places like america, europe or autralia, ppl in oriental cultures do not care about it as much as we do I guess, idk I just feel awful to think about how superficial ppl has become arround the world... I think ppl should care more about what we have on the inside, mind and soul, than a pretty face... because ppl threat you different if you are a super model on the cover of cosmo than if you are a normal dude... and wether you like it or not it affects most of us, it affects your selfsteem.
zacky vengeance
In The Murder Scene
zacky vengeance
October 28th, 2006 at 11:53am
Well Beauty May Be Important To A Person but its Personality that Counts, But its Likely The More beautiful you are the more black you are on the inside, Life Isnt A Pretty Face its Reality going through the Steps and Challenges in life...I Know Alot of Shallow People and they are So Low, Its Inside Not A Pretty Face
Hannah_Heartbreak
Killjoy
Hannah_Heartbreak
October 28th, 2006 at 01:21pm
i think that beauty shouldn't be as important as it is! it is what's on the inside that counts but unfortunatlely you've got to have some outside beauty otherwise people just don't bother getting to know if your beautiful inside or not!
It's one of the sad things in this world!!
xhanax
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 28th, 2006 at 04:03pm
I wonder if anyone can answer this question.

If the perfect woman or perfect man is beauty undeniable, flawless bone structure and undamaged skin, with no personality, what are they?

A Mannequin
Gothic kid
Bleeding on the Floor
Gothic kid
October 28th, 2006 at 04:45pm
Well, it is true that beauty gets you places in life, but to me it's what is on the inside.

Now, i'm saying make yourself presentable to the people around you. You don't have to be drop dead gorgeous to get everywhere. Some people don't care about looks and will help you out and hire you and what not. Others aren't so generous. They say you have to be a 26 in waist, have to have a certain color hair, have to have money to fit in and be beautiful. Well, that is only their standards..i think you should only meet up to your standards..and be happy with yourself.

I'm not sure if i made sense...but i think i got my point.

<3 chelsea
Shallow Grave
Killjoy
Shallow Grave
October 29th, 2006 at 05:14am
Of course outer beauty counts. You have to have something to base your first impression on, because you really don't know the depth of their inner beauty yet.

To me though, beauty is something that is created. I don;t use the word beautifuk to describe people, just art, because I think it swells people's egos to much.
Gutterflower
Always Born a Crime
Gutterflower
November 7th, 2006 at 02:06pm
I think that as long as you are happy with who you are and how you look, nothing else should matter. I think that more people should concentrate on personaltiy, it's what's on the inside that counts. However I do believe that beauty is increasingly used in today's society as a way of getting what you want. I think it's a real shame that everything has become so materialistic.
Chowder
Motor Baby
Chowder
November 8th, 2006 at 05:43am
I really dont think looks matter... I have had a coupe of boyfriends who liked me for who i was so for me it really doesnt matter.... So i dont bother trying to impress anybody because i want them to notice me for my personality....

I think beauty is pointless, but the make-up is just for fun.. (:
amye!
Salute You in Your Grave
amye!
November 9th, 2006 at 10:12pm
I think what's on the outside does count, although more than it should be. sometimes people are judged on their clothes or hair or whatever, before anyone gets to know what's on the inside. people are never going to stop doing that. but what's on the inside what's actually beauty. someone with flawless skin and beautiful hair isn't ever more "beautiful" than someone who can make you laugh, or think, or make your heart beat faster- at least, to me.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 10th, 2006 at 12:42am
Looks do count for a lot.
I mean when you first meet a person, you automatically form a first impression, and at that stage it can onle be based on one thing- looks, because you haven't gotten to know the person yet.

Edit-
Also, I don't think you can really have a relationship with anybody if there is no physical attraction at all
bothersome-faces
Killjoy
bothersome-faces
December 16th, 2006 at 08:45pm
there is no one true definition
for bautifull
or perfection
its all in your head
what you think
is all that should matter
when it comes to
self image
hense
"self" image
self
then image
your opinion comes first
let the ignorance of society
judge and stereotype
all they want
they won't ever understand
but i will never
pitty them
ever
chloeblue
Fabulous Killjoy
chloeblue
December 17th, 2006 at 01:43am
Beauty counts...its sad but true. people more likely to do favours for good looking people than unnatractive people.
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
December 17th, 2006 at 01:08pm
Have you ever noticed that the more closely you get to know someone the less his or her look counts.

It’s clear if I look after a boy on the streets, it can’t be because I’ve scanned his beautiful character in a minute.
But I mean, you can fall in love with someone you haven’t found hot at first sight, just because you’re comfortable being with this person, because someone’s brilliant and funny and you’re just having a good time with each other. It’s the same with friends, I honestly find any of them ugly at all, instead it astonishes me every time how you can always find something beautiful about someone although you’ve known him or her for a long time. Like my best friend form childhood. She’s a little bit overweight, but after realizing that diets are not for her, she started to accept her curves, although she would like to lose some kilos not so far as being skinny in the end, just to feel more comfortable. She has also never been skinny in her life and it wouldn’t fit her at all. Recently we sat facing each other to eat lunch, and I was thinking she has such beautiful face and skin and that adorable red hair, I had instantly to tell her that. She was blushing, but I meant it honest. We know each other too long to pay silly compliments to each other, so she knew that I meant it. Besides she’s just such an easygoing and cheerful person that it hurts me to think that some guy could dismiss her because she’s not fitting in a certain kind of image.

I also have two other girlfriends who are always so concerned what one could think of the boys they like. One girlfriend is always telling me beforehand how unfavourable I could probably find her new flame that it surprises me again and again when I meet the guy and he’s not some kind of monster… The other girlfriend has always such good-looking boyfriends and is so concerned about it that I’m not sure if she would have actually been with any of them if they had not been looking like models. Once she was introducing me to her ex-boyfriend asking me: “What do you think, is he not beautiful?” And I could only say yes he’s definitely handsome, but I hadn’t been really sure if I would have found anything to talk about with him. In the end he was an absolute childish idiot, he was cheating on her and blaming it on everyone but himself. Her new boyfriend is still pretty, but for the first time; he’s a different type, not as neat and stylish as the other ones she had before. And she was asking me again: “What do you think? He does not look messy, does he?." I mean, he is not messy at all! But she was so concerned that her mother couldn’t like him because he looked different. In the end she said “yes I knew that he’s more the type you would prefer."
I have to say I don’t have a certain “type”. I know that the boys I find nice some people could consider kind of weird as others would find them alright, but it doesn’t bother me. And it disappoints me if my girlfriends act like that, to think that one of their friends would criticise the looks of her boyfriends.
I really wish we would all grow up a bit if comes to such superficialities, but sometimes I think we’ll never will…
Jack's broken heart
Awake and Unafraid
Jack's broken heart
December 17th, 2006 at 07:44pm
I think that beauty and stuff is really important now these days, yeah. It shouldn't matter, but it does.
My opinion is that people should get to know each other first, BEFORE they start to judge each other and that it's the inside that matters.

But I also think that everybody is beautiful in their own little way.
Oh yes, feel the hippie love!(<-Sorry I had to say that!)
Jack's broken heart
Awake and Unafraid
Jack's broken heart
December 17th, 2006 at 07:52pm
silverrain:
Have you ever noticed that the more closely you get to know someone the less his or her look counts.

It’s clear if I look after a boy on the streets, it can’t be because I’ve scanned his beautiful character in a minute.
But I mean, you can fall in love with someone you haven’t found hot at first sight, just because you’re comfortable being with this person, because someone’s brilliant and funny and you’re just having a good time with each other. It’s the same with friends, I honestly find any of them ugly at all, instead it astonishes me every time how you can always find something beautiful about someone although you’ve known him or her for a long time. Like my best friend form childhood. She’s a little bit overweight, but after realizing that diets are not for her, she started to accept her curves, although she would like to lose some kilos not so far as being skinny in the end, just to feel more comfortable. She has also never been skinny in her life and it wouldn’t fit her at all. Recently we sat facing each other to eat lunch, and I was thinking she has such beautiful face and skin and that adorable red hair, I had instantly to tell her that. She was blushing, but I meant it honest. We know each other too long to pay silly compliments to each other, so she knew that I meant it. Besides she’s just such an easygoing and cheerful person that it hurts me to think that some guy could dismiss her because she’s not fitting in a certain kind of image.

I also have two other girlfriends who are always so concerned what one could think of the boys they like. One girlfriend is always telling me beforehand how unfavourable I could probably find her new flame that it surprises me again and again when I meet the guy and he’s not some kind of monster… The other girlfriend has always such good-looking boyfriends and is so concerned about it that I’m not sure if she would have actually been with any of them if they had not been looking like models. Once she was introducing me to her ex-boyfriend asking me: “What do you think, is he not beautiful?” And I could only say yes he’s definitely handsome, but I hadn’t been really sure if I would have found anything to talk about with him. In the end he was an absolute childish idiot, he was cheating on her and blaming it on everyone but himself. Her new boyfriend is still pretty, but for the first time; he’s a different type, not as neat and stylish as the other ones she had before. And she was asking me again: “What do you think? He does not look messy, does he?." I mean, he is not messy at all! But she was so concerned that her mother couldn’t like him because he looked different. In the end she said “yes I knew that he’s more the type you would prefer."
I have to say I don’t have a certain “type”. I know that the boys I find nice some people could consider kind of weird as others would find them alright, but it doesn’t bother me. And it disappoints me if my girlfriends act like that, to think that one of their friends would criticise the looks of her boyfriends.
I really wish we would all grow up a bit if comes to such superficialities, but sometimes I think we’ll never will…

Clap

I don't want looks to matter, but when you fall in love, or you get a really good friend they instantly look beautiful to you, cause you love them. And you know their fears, and some secrets. And this person makes you smile and laugh. That's what makes a person beautiful in the end! That's the person who'll stay with you to the end and that's the person you WANT to be there until the end.

^^
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
December 18th, 2006 at 09:31am
^^ I complety agree. You may meet someone who you are not physically attracted to at first glance, maybe you think they are not beautiful at all, but when you get to know them as a person, this is when their true beauty can shine through.