Gerard's voice

AuthorMessage
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
Salute You in Your Grave
June 20th, 2005 at 12:39am
XItsNotAFashionStatementX:
teh calculators pwn you:
The first album was recorded so much more less professionally then the first one, so I think that probably has an effect of how his voice sounds different.

And I agree that his voice has matured, also.

I actually think he sounded better on the first album, it was more intense and raw.

serene_dream:
i think its cause his voice matured over the period of the albums

also could've used different equipment

yes! i agree. but bullets sounds really good to. Their both different and i think thats awesome. in bullets it sounds good that its far away because it goes with the songs somehow. and in revenge it sounds good that its more close up sounding because again, it seems to go with the songs. i cant even imagine what it would be like if it was switched around. so yes...its good! and gerards voice still sounds awesome...
i heard that when they recorded I BROUGHT YOU... that gerard had to sing in the bathroom while they were in the attic or something like that. iunno. maybe i got it wrong.
shaunnn
Killjoy
shaunnn
June 20th, 2005 at 02:06pm
Its seems pretty obvious his voice has develepod in time on three cheers and I'm sure his voice sounds much clear and crisper on three cheers because that is due to the recording equipment
Teenage Death Girl
Salute You in Your Grave
Teenage Death Girl
June 20th, 2005 at 04:29pm
midnight murderer:
XItsNotAFashionStatementX:
teh calculators pwn you:
The first album was recorded so much more less professionally then the first one, so I think that probably has an effect of how his voice sounds different.

I actually think he sounded better on the first album, it was more intense and raw.

serene_dream:
i think its cause his voice matured over the period of the albums

also could've used different equipment

yes! i agree. but bullets sounds really good to. Their both different and i think thats awesome. in bullets it sounds good that its far away because it goes with the songs somehow. and in revenge it sounds good that its more close up sounding because again, it seems to go with the songs. i cant even imagine what it would be like if it was switched around. so yes...its good! and gerards voice still sounds awesome...
i heard that when they recorded I BROUGHT YOU... that gerard had to sing in the bathroom while they were in the attic or something like that. iunno. maybe i got it wrong.

no thats true. but only for the demos. the actual cd was recorded in a studio for eyeball records.
Kess
Killjoy
Kess
June 24th, 2005 at 09:23am
Gerards voice is amazing. he never misses one note when he plays live.
you can always notice how different bands sound when you're comparing their first album and their last one.
this isnt about MCR, but i have a Green Day tape... its just so funny comparing it to the American Idiot cd.
Pumpkin Princess
Salute You in Your Grave
Pumpkin Princess
June 24th, 2005 at 10:59am
Kess:
Gerards voice is amazing. he never misses one note when he plays live.
you can always notice how different bands sound when you're comparing their first album and their last one.
this isnt about MCR, but i have a Green Day tape... its just so funny comparing it to the American Idiot cd.

yep. that's so true (the thing about green day)
48/m, truckdriver
Really Not Okay
48/m, truckdriver
June 28th, 2005 at 11:20am
Hmmm...Yeah. I think he sounds good in both albums. But. Personally, I prefer the first album...Although am listening to Three Cheers, right now.

Bullets/Love is like...well...iunno how to say it. Maybe it's just the volume I prefer my music to be...and then, suddenly my player will change to Three Cheers and I'll be all "GAHHH!"...iunno.
I don't make any sense, usually.
EyeballRecordsPromo
Motor Baby
EyeballRecordsPromo
June 28th, 2005 at 09:01pm
Yeah I see what you mean, but I have no clue on what causes it.
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
July 5th, 2005 at 04:25pm
also, for IBYMBYBMYL, wasn't Gerard still drinking/ taking some form of drugs? that definatley would have an effect on his voice. i listened to the whole cd in barnes and noble. His voice reminded me of Kurt Cobains....that sort of scratchy edge to it. i personally thought it was damn sexy. Also, Gerard can sing really pretty...like Interlude....he kinda proves himself as a vocalists and not just a screamy rock star.
~Amber~
Motor Baby
~Amber~
July 5th, 2005 at 04:29pm
awwwsugar:
also, for IBYMBYBMYL, wasn't Gerard still drinking/ taking some form of drugs? that definatley would have an effect on his voice. i listened to the whole cd in barnes and noble. His voice reminded me of Kurt Cobains....that sort of scratchy edge to it. i personally thought it was damn sexy. Also, Gerard can sing really pretty...like Interlude....he kinda proves himself as a vocalists and not just a screamy rock star.

i agree wiv you ever since i heard Interlude i realized he is a vocalist like u said and not all screamo like i've heard before Confused
GerardWAyIzMyIdol
Killjoy
GerardWAyIzMyIdol
July 7th, 2005 at 04:01pm
either way his voice rocks! hehe!
xxxmerci pour le veninxxx
Killjoy
xxxmerci pour le veninxxx
July 7th, 2005 at 07:25pm
They had a bigger budget, too. Like, using better equipment and stuff.

I don't know anything about recording studios, but that seems like a good explanation, no?
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
July 7th, 2005 at 08:07pm
indeed!
Laceration Gravity
Jazz Hands
Laceration Gravity
July 22nd, 2005 at 08:08pm
WalkTheDead:
M.I.B. is teh poo:
teh calculators pwn you:

I agree with all of that.
so do i, couldnt have said it better myself
yep, exactly what i was thinking.
problematique_child
Salute You in Your Grave
problematique_child
July 23rd, 2005 at 01:46pm
i reckon it was partly equipment and partly his voice - his confidence has grown a lot and his vocal range is larger - also has anyone seen him do helena on jimmy kemmel? was i the only one who thought he sounded really shite?
~Amber~
Motor Baby
~Amber~
July 23rd, 2005 at 01:56pm
GerardWAyIzMyIdol:

yess ur right it does... its so different frm anyones makes him unique Smile
Annaundead;
Awake and Unafraid
Annaundead;
July 23rd, 2005 at 02:23pm
~Amber~:
GerardWAyIzMyIdol:

totally!!!
~Amber~
Motor Baby
~Amber~
July 23rd, 2005 at 02:29pm
Revenge:
~Amber~:
GerardWAyIzMyIdol:

totally!!!

ahhh im glad u agree wiv me Smile
i'mnotokayipromise
Bleeding on the Floor
i'mnotokayipromise
August 1st, 2005 at 01:01am
I love Gerard's voice, you know another thing I love, the emotion he shows while singing
cyanide
Killjoy
cyanide
August 1st, 2005 at 01:37am
Well, I love his voice, it probly beats Billlie Joe's (sorry Billie) But I think it has a lot of machine whereas Billie Joe's is quiet natural. Yes, I think his range has changed. But if you say he sounds shit live... well then...
Salute You in Your Grave
August 1st, 2005 at 05:37am
cyanide:
Well, I love his voice, it probly beats Billlie Joe's (sorry Billie) But I think it has a lot of machine whereas Billie Joe's is quiet natural. Yes, I think his range has changed. But if you say he sounds shit live... well then...
i. dont. really. think. so. dear.
maybe its coz of his hyperness//activeness during teh shows.