Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard's voice

AuthorMessage
Mary; Without Sound
Salute You in Your Grave
Mary; Without Sound
January 14th, 2006 at 12:45am
i like the way you can feel the emotion in his voice, like you tell he means every word he sings.....I LOVE IT!!!!!
Mrs. Scissorhands
Really Not Okay
Mrs. Scissorhands
January 14th, 2006 at 12:52am
X.notXsoXperfect.X:
i luv gerard voice sooooo much! its kind of like he hasnt had too much vocal training and thats how he sounds natrually. im helena in the first few lines (burnin on.....) he sounds loud and kinda wavery. ya know?

He always seems to struggle with getting that line out when he's live...
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
Salute You in Your Grave
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
January 14th, 2006 at 01:41am
sorry. i didnt know. im really sorry. i didnt mean to be rude or anything.
TheVictoriaParade_X
Really Not Okay
TheVictoriaParade_X
January 14th, 2006 at 02:50am
Yep. The guy i like has the same talking voice as him. *Sigh* I love it.
with.the.chemicals
Bleeding on the Floor
with.the.chemicals
January 14th, 2006 at 03:14am
his voice is hot
apocalypse suite.
Jazz Hands
apocalypse suite.
January 15th, 2006 at 01:51pm
I love his voice.
So unique...so good. I wish I could sing like him.
raedyn_l
Killjoy
raedyn_l
January 15th, 2006 at 03:21pm
I may have posted here before, but since I can't remember what I said or even if I said anything here in the first place I'll just say what I'm thinking.

In my opinion, Three Cheers is much better than Bullets. Mostly because one: there's a LOT more variety on Three Cheers than there is on Bullets, and two: Gerard has gotten his voice under control.

I just like albums where there's a mesh of different songs and tunes and lyrics. It means that the songwriter isn't afraid to push the boundaries and write something different once in a while. Three Cheers had very interesting stuff, whereas Bullets was pretty much a bunch of songs that were composed in the same way (loud, very long intros, most of them emo).

The only difference was Headfirst for Halos, and I think we all know the story behind THAT song.

I also have a thing about people being TOO enthusiastic about singing. It's nice to be passionate--if there was no passion in music I don't think I'd have gotten into it--but there's a fine line between being passionately loud and unmusically loud.

I'm not afraid to say Gerard kind of crossed that line... a lot... on the first album, but on Three Cheers he did the unthinkable. He GREW UP. He got his pipes under control and produced thirteen excellent, wonderful songs! He could've closed his eyes and jabbed a pen at the titles to pick which one would be a single and it would've worked!

So for everyone who is stubbornly declaring that it would be torture if Chemical Romance changed the tiniest bit, just do what Gerard did. GROW UP, for God's sake, and accept the fact that Gerard's voice HAS matured, and it's WAY better than it was on Bullets, and I expect it'll be even BETTER on Life on the Murder Scene!

...Cough. And that's the end of that.
TheVictoriaParade_X
Really Not Okay
TheVictoriaParade_X
January 15th, 2006 at 05:07pm
It will probably be better.
I think he voice is amazing on Bullets.
But more amazing in Three Cheers
LouderNow
Really Not Okay
LouderNow
January 15th, 2006 at 09:47pm
I've noticed that too. Its the same for Green Days first release too.
Mrs. Scissorhands
Really Not Okay
Mrs. Scissorhands
January 15th, 2006 at 10:49pm
raedyn_l:
The only difference was Headfirst for Halos, and I think we all know the story behind THAT song.

I don't think I know the story... should I? Can someone enlighten me?
raedyn_l
Killjoy
raedyn_l
January 16th, 2006 at 06:15pm
Legend says that Frank was high during or before Headfirst for Halos was written. And that's all I'm gonna say. Har. Very Happy
TheVictoriaParade_X
Really Not Okay
TheVictoriaParade_X
January 16th, 2006 at 08:28pm
Frank wrote Headfirst for Halos?
I thought Gerard did.
Can someone clue me in?
julianna
Bleeding on the Floor
julianna
January 16th, 2006 at 08:29pm
I Thought Gerard Did Too
not much a poet
Jazz Hands
not much a poet
January 17th, 2006 at 07:17pm
he has an amazing voice he can go to whispering to soft to normal to screaming
SilenceInBlack&White
Joining The Black Parade
SilenceInBlack&White
January 17th, 2006 at 07:26pm
teh calculators pwn you:
I actually think he sounded better on the first album, it was more intense and raw.

yeah same. i really love their first album better then the 2nd. lol i remember when gerard said tht he was embarrassed by his song cubicles cuz he said the lyrics werent right and he was never gonna sing it again cuz he hated it. i personally think tht the song is very good. i tried listening to the song over again to see if i cud understand what was wrong with it....but i cudnt...what do you guys think??
Mrs. Scissorhands
Really Not Okay
Mrs. Scissorhands
January 17th, 2006 at 07:49pm
raedyn_l:
Legend says that Frank was high during or before Headfirst for Halos was written. And that's all I'm gonna say. Har. Very Happy

Say more.
TheVictoriaParade_X
Really Not Okay
TheVictoriaParade_X
January 17th, 2006 at 07:57pm
I concur. Say more.
reckless?abandon-21
Bleeding on the Floor
reckless?abandon-21
January 21st, 2006 at 07:53pm
wow he has SUCH a wide voice range, can go pretty high and really low, it makes the songs more interesting, and gives more variety
xLonelyLoverx
Killjoy
xLonelyLoverx
January 21st, 2006 at 09:38pm
Ok, I only have a few things to say about Gerard's voice. It's amazing. It really is. I can't really pick between Bullets and Reveng, because they're both such amazing CDs. I like how he can go from practically whispering a song, to screaming his fucking lungs out! It shows that his vocal range differs, and how breathtakingly beautiful his voice is. It mesmorizes me. Yes
rae_ghost_faerie
Really Not Okay
rae_ghost_faerie
January 21st, 2006 at 10:55pm
i'm bored