Don't have an account? Create one!

Eating Disorders and Weight Loss/Gain

AuthorMessage
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 22nd, 2006 at 01:10am
I think that there are a couple things people don't know before they diet, and that's why they fail.

1. Just because it's healthy doesn't mean it isn't fattening. IE yogurt, granola bars.

2. You won't see results immediately, so don't set high goals.

3. It's not something you HAVE to do or you'll die, so don't panic.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 22nd, 2006 at 01:45am
Do you think it's bad for young kids to go on diets? A diet is what you eat. That's all. But, I do think it's important to instate healthy eating habits when kids are young. That way they will eat the right things throughout their whole life and stay healthy and fit.
emomonkey
Bleeding on the Floor
emomonkey
June 22nd, 2006 at 06:22am
all eating disorders and weight loss problems are often caused by the media and even by family and friends
in my opinion it's mostly a phsycological thing
the thing is that we're trying to be perfect when we should just really be happy the way we are....
but sometimes family, friends, or a guy we like put us down by telling us meanful things about weight.
and trust me i know how it feels
most people think it doesn't affet you if you tell them something like "you're fat" but it does.
and then if people don;t see results in two minutes they freak out and sometimes resort to diet pills
Crying Blue Eyes
Killjoy
Crying Blue Eyes
June 22nd, 2006 at 07:03pm
I think the best way to lose weight is to do it as a family. If you want to watch what you eat, talk to your parents about it. It can do wonders to know that your not alone and that your parents support you by helping you with appropriate meals.

Encouraging healthy eating habits at a young age can lead to healthy eating habits when your 40. As long as its a healthy diet, I encourage if you want to be on a diet, talk to a nutritionist, do reasearch, something so you're educated on what your doing.

I think people go on eating disorders because they need control. Life gets crazy, things happen, and it can feel like a rollercoaster.

You cant help people with eating disorders, they need to HELP themselves first. We can only assist them and be supportive when they decide to help themselves.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 23rd, 2006 at 12:31am
I honestly don't think the media has any impact on anyone who isn't retarded.
I mean, I've never looked at the tv and said, "holy shit. I should look like them...."
How impressionable can you be?
Think for yourself.
juggalette4204lyfe
Joining The Black Parade
juggalette4204lyfe
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:54am
What do you think is a good way to lose weight?
I'm trying to lose weight right now, and I spoke with a dietician about it ... eat healthy etc etc and exercise. I'm counting my calories and exercising 30-60 minutes a day. I can't tell ya if it's working or not yet because I just started a few days ago, but I think it will work well.
matt skiba!
Awake and Unafraid
matt skiba!
June 23rd, 2006 at 07:05am

What do you think is a good way to lose weight? excercise more and eat junk food in moderation. I know people who eat junk food all the time, and they must be so unhealthy.
Do you think it's bad for young kids to go on diets? If a diet means providing them with nutritious food rather than ready made crap full of fat, salt and sugar then yes.
Why do people get eating disorders? Its different for everyone. Sometimes it can be media influences, bullying, low self esteem, anything.
How do we help people with eating disorders?
Therapy, supervised meals, supervised diet, regular weigh ins. Again, it depends on the individual.
Number 0.05
Joining The Black Parade
Number 0.05
June 23rd, 2006 at 10:06pm
ok,where 2 start...i get teased about weight or lack of..
to put a long story short, ive always been too thin
i just cant put weight on ,im 7 st and 5'7
i eat till i feel ill some nights and nothing happens,not a ounce sometimes i just want to cry.
ive left school now but when i was there i got teased so much.
i mean so many people want to be skinny ,DONT GO TO FAR FOR FUCKS SAKE!
i dont think no one knows how down i feel when i look at myself say before i get in a bath.
to see your own bones and not be able to do anything cos you dont know whats wrong!
i feel so fucking ugly i mean,theres a lot on the err other side of the spectrum 'you dont need to change' your beautiful anyway'
no ones ever said that to me
i just get 'your too skinny' or 'i wish i was like you'
i feel ugly,and unwanted,unattractive
but im seeing a pshycologist dietican soon that might help,cos right now im trying pretty much anything.
i dont think no one knows how alone i feel
how ugly i feel.
how full of self hate it makes me.
how i try so hard and get nowhere.
+-+-+Deathwisher+-+-+
Jazz Hands
+-+-+Deathwisher+-+-+
June 24th, 2006 at 07:58pm
FlamingXbaby:
I honestly don't think the media has any impact on anyone who isn't retarded.
I mean, I've never looked at the tv and said, "holy shit. I should look like them...."
How impressionable can you be?
Think for yourself.

Exactly, you can't let tv or anyone else tell you how you should look.If you do, you're just a real idiot.I don't mean it in a harsh way, but it's the truth.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
June 25th, 2006 at 01:21am
Okay.

To the one who shot bambi's mom.

I remember being really skinny.

And my mom is twiggy.
It is very aggervating to have people make observations all the time.

But it's okay. Try eating late at night. But really I wouldn't worry too much. I'm not in your shoes though.

It is wierd how some people are trying to lose, and some people are trying to gain, and both sides are suffering.

Weight is a big thing in America. All over the world, I guess.

It is a very depressing thing when one is not satisfied with one's looks, but it's really hard to imagine how appearance can make people develope things like anorexia.

It's horrible, but it's something that isn't going to change anytime soon.
KeY_tO_cHaOs
Jazz Hands
KeY_tO_cHaOs
June 25th, 2006 at 04:44pm
Do you think it's bad for young kids to go on diets?
Yes. I do compeletely. Aren't there better ways to lose weight? (Like do exercise) Some diets don't have enough of the nutrients in the food they suggest. If some young 8 year old kid picks a diet book up, they don't know! Like, lets say the cover says " Healthy Diet". They will fall for it. And if one of their friends says it works , the kid will follow his/her friend's footsteps (more likely)

It's all about the media too, eh? If their idol is skinny, they will want to get skinny too.

As kids get older, they'll learn in health class things about diets and anorexia and bulimia. But if they are too young, they won't know right from wrong.

I know it seems like I'm accusing kids of stupidity but I'm not. I just don't think they know the whole deal about diets.
OMG it's Jennie :0
Motor Baby
July 2nd, 2006 at 04:28pm
Is it anorexia if phsycologically you think you are fat and are paranoid about what you eat, but you are still a healthy weight? Or if you lose a load of weight rapidly, but are a healthier weight?
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
July 2nd, 2006 at 04:40pm
OMG it's Jennie :0:
Is it anorexia if phsycologically you think you are fat and are paranoid about what you eat, but you are still a healthy weight? Or if you lose a load of weight rapidly, but are a healthier weight?

Its when you starve yourself and are unhealthily underweight. Phsycologically, its the same.

The healthy weight one is Bulimia-nervosa.
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
July 4th, 2006 at 09:10pm
the amount of ppl goin on diets are gettin younger and younger. like i know 12 year olds goin on diets. its insane. their bodies havent even developed properly yet and they're onli ruining their bodies by doin so.

i blame the media and fotoshoped magz these days. you see in the headlines either "OMGosh look at so and so...shes gained so much wait...blah blah blah". when they look obsolutely fine

or "oh dear got look at her shes a stick...she need to put on weight!". the media is sending out mixed signals and it's screwin up the minds of young people these days about the "perdect figure"

its stupid. so obesity is a problem these days...but i see perfectly well figured girls think they're too fat or too thin. girls that havent even reached full developement. i dont think diets should be conducted until a person is fully developed. because things can change while your body's growing!!
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
July 4th, 2006 at 09:15pm
People, including me, are only talking about anorexia-nervosa and bulimia-nervosa, and forgetting there is also Binge-eating. I think that its more common than anorexia and bulimia, but thats just my view.
LiveWithoutTheE
Killjoy
LiveWithoutTheE
July 24th, 2006 at 11:17pm
What do you think is a good way to lose weight?

i think that the best way to lose weight is through proper diet and exercise. (like what the books say)

Do you think it's bad for young kids to go on diets?

i don't think its bad if you do it right and don't get super obsessed with it.

Why do people get eating disorders?

i read somewhere that anorexia is from a controlling family and bulimia is from a chaotic family. when someone starves themselves, its usually because of self control that is being lacked. as from bulimia, its usually to keep things out of your system that you don't want in and also if you family is a chaotic one, to have that sense of control that what you binged on (the chaotic factor) can easily be forced out.

also by getting called fat and other comments about weight.

How do we help people with eating disorders?

i think the best way is to either talk to a therapist or to talk to a friend who will show you your good qualities and that you are worth something in life and to get your mind away from food.

and listen to some mcr cuz they saved me from my e.d. (such amazing young men)
rooke; wears mittens
Bleeding on the Floor
rooke; wears mittens
July 25th, 2006 at 03:53pm
Obesity, in my opinion, is much more common in children than eating disorders.
All this ‘healthy food’ companies put in stores, such as ‘Fruit Snacks’, are full of sugar, and have little to no actual fruit in them.
Parents are better off buying real fruits, and cutting them up for their children to take to lunch.

The sad truth is that parents would rather load their child up with junk, than spend five minutes cutting up food for their kids.

These ‘Lunchables’ are possibly the worst thing out there.
They’re crammed with all sorts of unhealthy things. Even the juiceboxes that they stick in there are bad for kids.
Yet, parents buy these for their kids, so that they don’t have to prepare a sandwich.

Kids who go on diets on their own, may not be doing the best thing, but at least they have the right intentions.
Motor Baby
July 25th, 2006 at 04:55pm
I think people get eating disorders sometimes because they think something in their life is going wrong, and they cannot see anything wrong with themselves, so they believe it must be something on the outside. Sometimes it can be nothing to so with how they see themselves, but how they believe others see them.
With sizes like size 0 (which is a size 4 in england, and not sold in any shops), it's like people see that as the ultimate size to be. It's completely unrealistic. Even an American size 2 is hard to find in British shops. Most shops here only stock American sizes 4-12, and British sizes 8-16.
Toro_Sex
Joining The Black Parade
Toro_Sex
July 25th, 2006 at 08:19pm
my mother has an eating disorder and it is hell trying to get her to eat and gain weight. It is stuck in their mindset that they are fat and they need to be skinny. They will not be happy until they are the weight that they want to be and it makes me sick.
Taylor Lautner
Always Born a Crime
Taylor Lautner
July 26th, 2006 at 11:48am
i think, unless its a healthy diet, kids shouldn't really diet unless they are overweight, because the are still growing and poor nutrition can lead to diseases in the future