Don't have an account? Create one!

Transexuals and Transgenders

AuthorMessage
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 17th, 2007 at 05:34am
If that's what you need to do, then do it. I really do think it's a condition, though. Maybe one day there will be a therapy to help people, so they won't have to go through massive surgery..and suffer from biogtry. Trans people probably have it worse than any other minority. Even gay people. Sad
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
February 17th, 2007 at 05:37am
Can you please not use capitals or big font?
It makes it harder to read, despite contrary beliefs.
Shayna;Vengeance
Salute You in Your Grave
Shayna;Vengeance
February 18th, 2007 at 09:24pm
Me? my opinion is that it's an okay thing some simply do not feel comfortable in the skin they are in, it does not necessarily mean they wish to be a boy if they are a girl or a girl if they are a boy. They may not feel comfortable in the clothes that they are expected to wear by society. Does society agree with it? Technically speaking no they may find it amusing, wrong, and question what is going on through their mind? I believe this goes through the period when the child is in the womb still growing I'm not sure what causes it, but it happens. We cannot change what we are, we have no choice whether we wanted to be a boy or girl we have no choice within that. Will society agree with it anytime soon? Most likely not. But, we can learn to accept that these are people,and they have emotions as do we and deserve respect.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
February 20th, 2007 at 07:32pm
A teacher at my school is going to become a man by next year.
She's lucky, a lot of people get fired, or leave to find somewhere where no one knows they were the opposite gender before.
It's horrible, that these people get treated badly, when it's already hard for them. Like as teenagers for one thing, most people have identity issues but those things remain solid, but for transgendered people, you don't even have that to rely on.
And it's not as accepted as homosexuality and other similar issues.
I'm very glad to be in this school where the teacher felt like it was safe enough to tell.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
February 22nd, 2007 at 06:43am
Well, I know this certain all-girls Catholic school and a lot of them become lesbians when they reach the teenager stage. I guess it's because it's this hormone stage and they certainly can't interact with boys on a regular basis unless they're really lucky, cause they're parents are really strict. So their hormones take it all out on these girls. And guess what? There really are girl to girl relationships and the teachers all know about it but they can't do anything cause they don't know who's attached to whom. It's pretty funny and pretty weird! I think I should study there...if I become a girl.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
February 22nd, 2007 at 08:14pm
billy99:
Well, I know this certain all-girls Catholic school and a lot of them become lesbians when they reach the teenager stage. I guess it's because it's this hormone stage and they certainly can't interact with boys on a regular basis unless they're really lucky, cause they're parents are really strict. So their hormones take it all out on these girls. And guess what? There really are girl to girl relationships and the teachers all know about it but they can't do anything cause they don't know who's attached to whom. It's pretty funny and pretty weird! I think I should study there...if I become a girl.
Wouldn't that belong in the homosexuality thread?
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
February 23rd, 2007 at 08:00am
adam carson.:
billy99:
Wouldn't that belong in the homosexuality thread?
Oh yeah. Sorry.
echo lawrence.
Jazz Hands
echo lawrence.
February 24th, 2007 at 05:54pm
I think that it's completely valid. People who don't feel like themselves should try to fix it if it's at all possible. Life is short. It should be lived right.
But I'm A Creep....
Thinking Happy Thoughts
But I'm A Creep....
February 24th, 2007 at 09:09pm
I think it's stupid! If you were born that gender you should stay that gender. Do they think it's easier for them to live if they have a sex change? Society is going to be discusted of them. If gay people are having sex changes so they won't be hated by society I'd rather having them being with the same gender than having a sex change. If they feel if they were supose to be born a girl or boy then too bad, you were born the way you were. Sorry but i feel it's wrong to have a sex change. It's just my opinion
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
February 24th, 2007 at 10:16pm
ChampagneSupernova:
I think it's stupid! If you were born that gender you should stay that gender. Do they think it's easier for them to live if they have a sex change? Society is going to be discusted of them. If gay people are having sex changes so they won't be hated by society I'd rather having them being with the same gender than having a sex change. If they feel if they were supose to be born a girl or boy then too bad, you were born the way you were. Sorry but i feel it's wrong to have a sex change. It's just my opinion

I think it's stupid to be forced to live in the wrong body.
Yes, they think it will be easier to have a sex change. They don't feel that they are in the correct gender's body. They will feel much more comfortable with themselves when they are physically who they are inside.

If society is going to be disgusted [not "discusted"] that's society's fault. Trangender/transexuals shouldn't not get sex changes because of society. Society hates them even before the sex change.

If they feel if they were supose to be born a girl or boy then too bad...
That is one of the meanest things I've heard in a long time.
It's not your body.

P.S. Not every transexual/transgender is gay.
sweet children
Really Not Okay
sweet children
February 25th, 2007 at 09:46pm
cleanliness.:
I'm sorry, but I really don't agree.

I don't wish any harm to those people who have had/want a sex change but I just think it's plain weird.

We are what gender we are. We shouldn't be able to change that. :/

Nyam
But I'm A Creep....
Thinking Happy Thoughts
But I'm A Creep....
February 25th, 2007 at 10:23pm
druscilla_way:
ChampagneSupernova:

Yes, they think it will be easier to have a sex change. They don't feel that they are in the correct gender's body. They will feel much more comfortable with themselves when they are physically who they are inside.

If society is going to be disgusted [not "discusted"] that's society's fault. Trangender/transexuals shouldn't not get sex changes because of society. Society hates them even before the sex change.

It's not your body.

well they can do whatever they want to their bodies but you were born the way you were and i know that not every transexual/transgender is gay. I'm not disgusted of them but I feel it is wrong to do that beacause God made you the way you are. Well...whatever floats their boat.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
February 25th, 2007 at 10:34pm
ChampagneSupernova:
druscilla_way:
ChampagneSupernova:

It's not your body.

well they can do whatever they want to their bodies but you were born the way you were and i know that not every transexual/transgender is gay. I'm not disgusted of them but I feel it is wrong to do that beacause God made you the way you are. Well...whatever floats their boat.

God put them in the wrong body then.
If that's not cruel, I don't know what it is.
God gave us a choice.
If they choose to exercise that right, then they are using one of the most precious gifts God gave them.
We're people.
Not sheep.
Sammie
Really Not Okay
Sammie
February 26th, 2007 at 11:08am
I don't disagree with transexuals but I don't agree either. If they want to change genders in order to be happy than its their lives and there choice. I have three transexuals in my college class. I have no problem with them and I treat them as I treat everyone else. The person who sat next to me, whose name is Jenny asked me if she had a problem with people like her and I told her I don't. But there were some girls in the class who was laugh at her. I think people should move out of the Stone Ages and realise that transexuals exist and that there is nothing we can do to change that.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 6th, 2007 at 01:52am
Stanton, a 48-year-old married father, has been Largo city manager for 14 years. After the St. Petersburg newspaper ran a story two weeks ago that he planned to have a sex change, city commissioners voted 5-2 to fire him.

Hundreds of angry residents turned out to support the firing. Gay and transgender activists have rallied behind Stanton, but acknowledge that there are no federal laws to protect him.

What do you think about that?
I think that there should be federal anti-discrimination laws for trans people, just like there are for others.
It isn't fair that she should get fired just because she wants a sex change.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 6th, 2007 at 03:19pm
^Absolutely. It's not as though it would effect a person's performace at work in anyway, except being out for a while to have surgery.
xerica.fiercex
Jazz Hands
xerica.fiercex
March 9th, 2007 at 03:28am
circa leena:

If you get the Lifetime Channel, there was a movie on about Gwen Aruajo, a boy who became a girl because he felt that was the gender he was supposed to have. He was beaten and killed later in his life when a group of boys found this out.

I was so upset when I saw it. some people are so narrow minded. If you want to be a girl, but you are a boy, I think it is fine. As long as you are comfortable in your own body.

i have that movie.. it makes me cry.
I dont think anyone should have something against it. its not a choice its just a way some people are born. they have the body of a certain sex and the brain of another. i actually have a transexual friend formally known as Dezi now known as Desiree.. she was horribly herassed and abuse for it..but one day broke down in tears. and said.. i cant help this. i am a woman. it may not be obvious physically but i am..
i have been by her side through all of this. and it is awful. so many people are so ignorant. and.. omg im in tears. its like why cant they just except her. she is a good person.. just look past everything and look at her personality.. she is such a good person ='(
Nyx;zombified
Killjoy
Nyx;zombified
March 12th, 2007 at 06:02pm
I have nothing against transexuals/transgenders. At all. However, it's made alot harder when this person has a family. It doesn't mean they shouldn't change according to their wishes, but I have seen myself what it does to a family household.
An old friend of my Mum's (she's known him since she was about eighteen) told her about 3 years ago that he was a transexual. Of course it was a surprise to all of us, but we accepted it completely. He had a wife and two children, and the children accepted their Dad's changes, but his wife was torn apart. Which is understandable. It was made worse by the fact that after they split, him and his girlfriend stayed in the same house as his wife due to being unable to get a house of their own, which was a bad move on his part. It's been resolved now, and he/she is saving up for her operation.
When I first met Dee (previously Dave) it was like a breath of fresh air. She was so talkative, friendly, had a fabulous taste in clothes and was such a happier and different person to Dave who grunted and sat on the couch drinking beer. And I love her for it.

So if transexuals are happier being in the body they feel right in, they should not have to suffer.
Humor Me
Bleeding on the Floor
Humor Me
March 19th, 2007 at 09:45pm
i feel that the person is trying to be more of who they wanted to be , who they were really meant to be. you should treat them as who they truly are, who they feel is a better description of them. treat them as if they never changed, they are the same as they always were and have been.
MadMandy
Killjoy
MadMandy
March 22nd, 2007 at 03:20pm
Bloodraine:
Baby, Half Dead.:
We are what gender we are. We shouldn't be able to change that. :/

No. I disagree.

You're born with genital organs. You're born with a brain. Two totally different organs. Sometimes, your brain tells you your genital organs aren't right, you don't match. You want to be something else, you want that so badly yet you're so ashamed and you don't understand. Going through adolesence is the worst, you're growing and changing in a way that is so different from the way you feel inside. Your face doesn't fit. You don't fit. You don't even belong in yourself, it seems. Do you know how much torture that is?

We aren't 'what gender we are'. Our gender is defined by an organ, a piece of muscle tissue. Yet what reallly makes us, what really decides us is our mind.

Changing gender is about matching your asthetic to the way you feel indside. You aren't just going from penis to vagina, you're going from a person who doesnt belong within their own skin to a person who is whole, complete.

If you haven't been paying attention thus far, I can safely say i'm very, very pro transgendered people.

Ditto. I could not have said it better. Every aspect of who we are is determined by the INNER person. Our bodies are just shells, they do not indicate who we ARE, just what we look like. And as we all know, looks mean nothing, and can be changed.