Don't have an account? Create one!

Suicide and Self harm

AuthorMessage
hmmm
Motor Baby
hmmm
September 30th, 2006 at 07:19pm
Shaking Ella's Hold:
So, the easy solution to that problem would be...
Stop cutting.
I don't see the point in cutting, other then attention. It's not ignorant to say all cutters cut for attention, that's absurd.
If you didn't want anyone to find out, why would you do it in the first place?
You want to know what ticks me off?
When people who cut do it because they 'have nothing else to do to deal with the pain.' or '... did it accidently once and now I can't stop.'
That's bull. If you honestly wanted to stop, didn't want anyone to find out about it and hated people calling you names suck as "Attention Seaker" "Emo" and "Cutter",
There is a quick and easy solution;
Stop harming yourself. Read a book, go for a walk, talk to someone, write your feelings down.
Just don't take it out on your own body. It never did anything to you.

it's not that easy for people to stop
you can't change someone' mind by saying "that's bull"
some people really believe they have no other way to deal with the pain
Caitee
Jazz Hands
Caitee
September 30th, 2006 at 07:33pm
My dad says it's as equal to an eating disorder, but it's not as 'open' as the disorders. I know some people inflict themselves because they don't have any other way to express their emotions.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
September 30th, 2006 at 07:48pm
And I'm also going to say, that not all those who cut do so to relieve pain, be noticed, for bragging rights or any of the other reasons previously stated here. Some do it because for them, pain feels good, in which case, the person who is harming themself usually does relatively small shit.

It's called Masachism.
Shayna;Vengeance
Salute You in Your Grave
Shayna;Vengeance
September 30th, 2006 at 08:15pm
I could careless if you do it and why you do it but, one thing I'm not going to trash talk to you all I have to say is please get help and if you do know someone who does it help them get help
Thank You
Tara Scene
Motor Baby
Tara Scene
October 2nd, 2006 at 10:39pm
Okay the cutting just for the attention thing isnt right in most cases i know of
i mean the people who say they cut probably dont and just want the attention and end up in a alot of trouble
On the other hand people who cut and dotn talk about their feelings or you noticialelly see scars or covering the wrist ir ankle area all the time have a serious problem and need to get help
cutting doesnt solve any propblems but the people who do it seem to have all the problems solved by self-harm and most of the time dont want help
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
October 3rd, 2006 at 09:07pm
I am okay:
the people who do it seem to have all the problems solved by self-harm and most of the time dont want help

Self-harm doesn't solve problems though.
It just creates more.
& it doesn't matter if they don't want help, if they are cutting themselves, they obviously need help.
DiabolicalDancer
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DiabolicalDancer
October 3rd, 2006 at 10:21pm
I have a question - is there a difference between a chronic cutter and a periodic cutter? Sorry, that didn't make much sense. Say a person cuts only when seriously unhappy, but that has only been about three times, ever. What should a friend do? Is that any different than a person cutting more often?
poison and kerosene
Motor Baby
poison and kerosene
October 3rd, 2006 at 10:41pm
i think suicide is A really sad issue. a kid at my school recently killed himslef and even people that didnt know him were effected <3
Sally Stitches.
Awake and Unafraid
Sally Stitches.
October 4th, 2006 at 12:47am
For those of you who are telling cutters to 'just stop', it's not as easy as putting away a cookie or something.
The feeling is kind of like a drug, you get addicted to the pain and think it helps you get through the day.
And it hurts to be called a 'freak' because you cut. Because cutters are still humans, they still have feelings. Calling them 'disgusting' won't make them stop. It actually makes it worse.

Suicide is terrible. And that's pretty much it.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 4th, 2006 at 12:47am
RedRose - Sometimes a person who only cuts on occasion is the one that poses the most danger to themselves. Chronic cutters tend to do less damage at a time, where chronic cutters may cut only a few times, but do extensive damage on those fewer occasions.

Talk to them, and try to help them find a better way to deal with their problems and emotions rather than self harm.
Sally Stitches.
Awake and Unafraid
Sally Stitches.
October 4th, 2006 at 12:48am
RedRose:
I have a question - is there a difference between a chronic cutter and a periodic cutter? Sorry, that didn't make much sense. Say a person cuts only when seriously unhappy, but that has only been about three times, ever. What should a friend do? Is that any different than a person cutting more often?

People who only cut themselves once in a little while are way better off. They stop easier. People who cut often are usually addicted.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 4th, 2006 at 12:51am
^Don't be so sure. People who cut, do so for a reason. Regardless of once a day or once a month, if it is part of your life and lifestyle, it would be a difficult thing to give up.
XxMeAnt-4-tHeFliEsxX
Joining The Black Parade
XxMeAnt-4-tHeFliEsxX
October 4th, 2006 at 11:12pm
It affects anyone that cares about you. It's like your hurting them just as much as your hurting your self. Sometimes support groups don't help at all. Support groups just treat you like you got some huge issue and your crazy or some sort of retatrd. When in reality you just want someone who understands and can just help you through with it.

Pshaw! much luv<33 Judy Vengeance
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 4th, 2006 at 11:24pm
^The people that really care about you should have enough trust and love for you to give you a chance.

And support groups are groups of people who are going through the same shit as you, want help, and want to find that someone else cares about what they are going through. Support groups are like people helping people helping people. You help others and they help you, and together you get through it. But to do so, you have to care and make an effort. Thanks for the unwarented bias.

I agree though, that sometimes support groups don't work. Different people heal in different ways.

And not all self harm needs to be cured.
Sally Stitches.
Awake and Unafraid
Sally Stitches.
October 5th, 2006 at 12:46am
bloodredruby69:
^Don't be so sure. People who cut, do so for a reason. Regardless of once a day or once a month, if it is part of your life and lifestyle, it would be a difficult thing to give up.

Not always. Some people cut because they're bored and have nothing to do...I had a problem with that, some people [like I used to] would just cut for the fun of it. Because they like the feeling, I guess.

While others are strictly cut-for-a-reason-only people.

And if you just cut once, or twice, it's easier to give up than, say, 10 times. You're not that addiced yet.
not tonight
Thinking Happy Thoughts
not tonight
October 5th, 2006 at 08:53am
I think that to many people think that people do it to look cool, and when people actully have problems and want to die they just ignore it and think the're trying to be cool.
Mud
Really Not Okay
Mud
October 5th, 2006 at 09:53am
NoYouAre:
I think that to many people think that people do it to look cool, and when people actully have problems and want to die they just ignore it and think the're trying to be cool.
Even if they're doing it to be cool, its a major problem. Think how much they must crave attention/approval to do that to themselves. Thats not to distract from the severity of people who do it for other reasons, but I don't think its fair to underestimate the severity of doing it for social/attention-seeking reasons.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
October 5th, 2006 at 04:17pm
BloodyPetals, regardless of how often you cut, quitting is never as easy as people say it is. Some people don't cut for the rush, they cut for the pain. Some do it for attention. Some because of boredom.

Why you do it doesn't really matter. That you do does. Self harm, once introduced to a person to a point where they would consider it, becomes an option. When it's an option, there's a risk of reaccurance.

The ones who cut on impulse are the ones I really worry about. Chronic cutters do so often, but they don't do as much damage to themselves each time. Sure, they scar up pretty bad, but the cuts are most often shallow, quick to heal and don't usually encumber complications. Those who cut once in a while, tend to cut deeper, and the wounds take longer to heal, meaning a greater risk of infection.

Oh, and you don't have to cut a specific ammount of times to become addicted. For some people, after they cut once, they want to all the time. Time is not a factor.
D.92
Killjoy
D.92
October 7th, 2006 at 05:18pm
10-20 years ago the world was closed, now there's more than one culture
in each country, at the past people believed in God more than now,
beliveing in God it what makes people stronger against suicide and self harm,
so to stop doing this, get closer to God!
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
October 7th, 2006 at 05:25pm
D.92:
10-20 years ago the world was closed, now there's more than one culture
in each country, at the past people believed in God more than now,
beliveing in God it what makes people stronger against suicide and self harm,
so to stop doing this, get closer to God!

No. Religion does not solve everything. That's just a plain narrow minded statement and the topic has way more depth than ' Just get closer to God.'

No. Observe society a lot closer, please.