Don't have an account? Create one!

Magic, Magick, Ghosts & the Supernatural

AuthorMessage
TheDemolitionLover
Killjoy
TheDemolitionLover
September 17th, 2007 at 03:07am
would you call the spirit appearing to multiple people,including me, in dreams a form of them contacting you? everyone who has had a dream with this spirit in it all has the same description of him.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
September 17th, 2007 at 09:17am
^okie dokie, older witch rant going to happen.

1. Don't call up what you can't put down - always research what you are going to do and research the proper methods of protection, containment and banishing BEFORE conducting any ritual
2. Seances are tricky and the spirits that are attracted to them are tricksome, pranksters who are out for a laugh, they'll tell you what you want to hear, not necessarily be exactly who you want to contact, so be very wary if you are going to conduct one and follow the rule above.

Other than that if you really want to go ahead with it then please do. Just for your sake and for others sake make sure you're safely protected and if something goes wrong, try and make sure you have someone with you who can fix the problem or you may have to get someone in to banish a nasty that you've attracted.

Good luck if you do go ahead with this.
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
September 17th, 2007 at 10:26am
TheDemolitionLover:
would you call the spirit appearing to multiple people,including me, in dreams a form of them contacting you? everyone who has had a dream with this spirit in it all has the same description of him.
This is the Discussion Board, this is really not a place for this.
We have a Personal Questions subforum, you could make a topic in there, or you could ask in the General Q&A.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
September 17th, 2007 at 11:35pm
MistressRhi:
^okie dokie, older witch rant going to happen.

1. Don't call up what you can't put down - always research what you are going to do and research the proper methods of protection, containment and banishing BEFORE conducting any ritual
2. Seances are tricky and the spirits that are attracted to them are tricksome, pranksters who are out for a laugh, they'll tell you what you want to hear, not necessarily be exactly who you want to contact, so be very wary if you are going to conduct one and follow the rule above.

Other than that if you really want to go ahead with it then please do. Just for your sake and for others sake make sure you're safely protected and if something goes wrong, try and make sure you have someone with you who can fix the problem or you may have to get someone in to banish a nasty that you've attracted.

Good luck if you do go ahead with this.

and someone who finally sees my point.
i like i have said, i do not have an issue with someone holding a seance or fooling around with an ouija board, since i would like to have an experience with one myself.
but there are pre-cautions that need to be brought to attention before anyone can go ahead and contact dead spirits.
TheDemolitionLover
Killjoy
TheDemolitionLover
September 18th, 2007 at 01:02am
^agreed pre-cautions are always essential.
Jinx eh?
Salute You in Your Grave
Jinx eh?
September 18th, 2007 at 04:04am
Yeah, pretty much everything MistressRhi said? Listen to that; that's some good advice, right there.

You have to be careful, though, when you think that something might be trying to convince you to get in contact with him/her. Like MistressRhi said, for a lot of spirits that are even willing to come forward when you call to them, there's always that distinct possibility that they're only doing so, so they can cause a little mischief. Use common sense, be smart, and...well, I'd say 'don't do anything I wouldn't do' but 1.) You don't know me well enough, and 2.) That's just bad advice all around, because when I was younger I did some pretty stupid things with this stuff.

Dreams are something else entirely. Sometimes, spirits/ghosts/what-have-you have a profound effect on people, and they tend to delve into your subconscious more than you even realize until you start to dream it. It's not always the intent of the spirit that this happens; it just means that you made more of a connection with them than you meant to, whether purposely or not, and it rubbed off on you in that way. Some friends and I broke into an old abandoned school once (not one word - I already admitted I was stupid when I was younger, and this is a great example of that) and afterward, one of my friends and I had terrifying dreams about it for weeks afterward, though my friend continued to have them after they stopped for me. It was obvious to us that there was something (or someone) in that old school that made its imprint on us, and since the dreams were so negative, so chilling, and so foreboding, we decided that probably meant that whatever/whoever it was didn’t want us to go back, so we never did.

If this spirit is manifesting itself through your dreams, trying to listen to what he/she is telling you there, in your subconscious, before you try contacting him/her in other ways.
feather-boa
Killjoy
feather-boa
September 19th, 2007 at 01:34am
I understand protections in the form of guarding the soul against corruption, but I was always certain that spirits could not damage the physical self. Is this true?
Jinx eh?
Salute You in Your Grave
Jinx eh?
September 19th, 2007 at 01:51am
Depends on the spirit. Truthfully, though, the most realistic and believeable accounts mostly revolve around the notion that spirits cause harm to the soul, not to the physical body. However, if a spirit can corrupt the mind and soul, then physical damage can be done to the body in turn, by the very person corrupted in the first place. Plus, by doing such damage to the soul, it does take its toll on the body, as well...it's all connected. Sad
feather-boa
Killjoy
feather-boa
September 19th, 2007 at 09:15pm
Hmm okay.

I once had a dream that I destroyed a evil spirit that was attempting to attack me and my brother. Do spirits that appear in dreams have any substance in the waking world?
Jinx eh?
Salute You in Your Grave
Jinx eh?
September 19th, 2007 at 10:42pm
Once again, it really depends on the spirit. Though, it's like I said in a previous post; real spirits that appear in dreams (when the dreams aren't JUST dreams; a lot of people dream ABOUT ghosts, but that doesn't mean the spirit they dreamed about was real) often do so because you've had some sort of contact with them from before, and that's the reason they're in your dreams in the first place.

Thing is, there's no solid set of rules and regulations that spirits go by; one situation involving a spirit can't be attributed to a completely different sitauation involving another spirit, and they can't really be compared and contrasted while expecting certain similarities. Spirits are are different from one another as live people are; they're not all the same. Therefore, while some spirits may have substance in the waking world, others might not. Your dream might have been just that--a dream. Or, it could have been a real spirit involved, but if said spirit hasn't had any contact with you since then, I wouldn't worry about it.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
September 21st, 2007 at 05:09am
I agree with Jinxeh it may have been just a dream and this seems likely that it was just a dream.

In regards to a spirit damaging physical self to my knowledge no ghost can physically harm you but the ones that come close are poltergeists who have enough energy to hurtle objects around the room that's about as close as you would get physically, but mentally, ooh yeah there's loads of room for them to mess with your head.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
September 23rd, 2007 at 02:53am
well i definetly believe in ghosts and wicca. my family and i are into to spells and tarrot cards. but anyways, the line between the world of the living and the dead are shadowy if not vague, so who is to say where one world begins and the other ends?

just think about this :
you can not have life with death
love without hate
noise without silence
the world of the living without the world of the dead
feather-boa
Killjoy
feather-boa
September 24th, 2007 at 09:24pm
My brother and I had this theory that 'the afterlife' or whatever you call it, is in the same physical space as the living world, just on a seperate astral plane, hence the appearance of ghosts, etc.
Jinx eh?
Salute You in Your Grave
Jinx eh?
September 25th, 2007 at 07:09am
feather-boa:
My brother and I had this theory that 'the afterlife' or whatever you call it, is in the same physical space as the living world, just on a seperate astral plane, hence the appearance of ghosts, etc.

I've often wondered about that, myself. So many different people have tried to prove that, however, but each time in the end, it's still a matter of opinion, and if you believe that's possible or not. It certainly would explain a few things, though...
TaraIsBack!
Bleeding on the Floor
TaraIsBack!
September 25th, 2007 at 01:46pm
Real or not, if you believe something in your heart there is no amount of negativity that will change that. Sometimes we believe things that are not grounded in fact. Sometimes we cannot explain WHY we believe, we just do.
TaraIsBack!
Bleeding on the Floor
TaraIsBack!
September 25th, 2007 at 01:51pm
I also want to add that sometimes we LOOK for things to be true. It gives us some kind of comfort. So long as it makes people feel better to think that a loved one it watching over them, what harm can come of it?

Personally, there have been many times when I felt as tho I was "saved" from something. Be it a guy who ran a red light and ALMSOT hit me when I was driving with my kids in the car, to when I managed to keep hold of something delicate as it was slipping from my hands. When stuff like that happens I can't help but automatically think that my Dad and everyone else I know was watching over me.
tdfp_lover
Killjoy
tdfp_lover
September 25th, 2007 at 07:52pm
are you serious about the aura thing??
Eclipse
Killjoy
Eclipse
September 26th, 2007 at 03:36am
I totally believe in the supernatural; I mean, how can you NOT?!

There is a supernatural element to this material world that we live in, and to deny this is folly. The fact that we exist in this material world makes us blind to a lot of what goes on in the spiritual realm.

There seems to be a real fascination with the supernatural, which indicates to me that most people believe the way I do...BUT, I also think that most people who dabble in it don't have a real understanding of what is involved, and that is dangerous.

I have witnessed supernatural phenomenon, both good and evil, and it's nothing to play around with. What a lot of people don't realize is that, when they start messing around with that kind of stuff, it does not always remain in their control...especially when the spirits are not good.

I believe in Satan, and I believe in God. I believe that the 2 forces are in a continual battle for the souls of men, and we are the "middlemen," so to speak. We only have as much power as the side we choose.

I, for one, would much rather be on the side which will emerge victorious, rather than the side that has already been defeated.
Eclipse
Killjoy
Eclipse
September 26th, 2007 at 03:47am
TheDemolitionLover:

Ya...if, indeed, it is the same spirit.
How do you know that it's the same spirit?

I would definitely caution you against messing around with them....there are a lot of destructive spirits. They may entice you with what, in your human mind, may seem to be profitable or good. They may try to mesmerize you with various insights, and their supernatural capabilities, but unless you are a VERY spiritual person, it is difficult to discern just what is destructive and what isn't.

A lot of people are fascinated with the supernatural, and explore it because it seems exciting....but I can tell you for a fact that a lot of supernatural phenomenon is destructive, and once you're in, you're in...the spirits will NOT want to let you go, no matter how hard you try.

They are powerful, and you are human. There is only one Spirit who can lead you into the path of supernatural peace, and that Spirit is God.

Don't be fooled!!!
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 26th, 2007 at 04:17am
XD a real God could kick a fallen angel's ass.

With that being said, I am not 100% in my supernatural beliefs, but I believe there is a high possibility of the unknown forces. My mothers side of the family are gypsys so I grew up listening to my mom talk about spirits: both good and bad.
I forgot if I mentioned these

My mom predicts death in her dreams. She has woken up and told us people are going to die and they do. My granny also does this.

My sister used to talk to my gradparents, both dead, when she was 3. When asked who she was talking to, she described them perfectly even though she had never seen them

My mom saw and talked to my grandpa after he died.

Yadda yadda.