Don't have an account? Create one!

Magic, Magick, Ghosts & the Supernatural

AuthorMessage
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
August 7th, 2006 at 01:24pm
This is not a confession thread.
The following types of posts are not allowed.
"I believe in magic"
"I once saw a ghost"
"I made my bed levitate"

This is a discussion board, and we discuss things in here.
m45tq
Awake and Unafraid
m45tq
August 7th, 2006 at 01:26pm
What's the difference between magic and magick?
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
August 7th, 2006 at 03:28pm
juicebox.:
What's the difference between magic and magick?

Magic is magic tricks, magicians, illusions. Think Harry Houdini style.
Magick is an ancient art practised mainly by Pagans, Wiccans in paricular. Like asking the Gods and Goddesses for help and using Nature to get rid of negativities.
Anyway, I do believe in ghosts. I think they are the imprints and energies that everyone leaves in places during their lifespan. Spirits are the spiritual form that a person takes after they have passed on and I do believe in them. I thikn there has to be more to death than just dying, there has to be something afterwards. I think you are offered a chance between a Heaven or paradise and an imitation of your life. That's why not everyone is a spirit.
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
August 9th, 2006 at 03:07am
ditto^ that is exactly what I believe it to be, being a witch I too believe that we pass on from here to another existence but heaven and hell, im not sure of, i dont really think that they exist. We all learn lessons some good some bad so why wouldnt it be any different elsewhere. If we have to die surely there is reasoning behind it, not just so that we dont overpopulate the planet.

anyhow thats enough from me now.
+!nina!+
Killjoy
+!nina!+
August 14th, 2006 at 04:53am
i know someone that says she can see ghosts/spirits but i dont know what i think about it. but whether you believe in ghosts isnt something you can decide on the spot or whatever anyway. there must be some place that people's spirits go before they pass on. seeing all those fakes that lie about having "the gift" makes me doubtful sometimes. same with magic
Taylor Lautner
Always Born a Crime
Taylor Lautner
August 14th, 2006 at 12:56pm
i think Magick is interesting, i read books about it. mind you, they were stories, but they broadened my mind about the supernatural
brendon urie.
Full of Ephedrine
brendon urie.
August 22nd, 2006 at 06:05pm
Magic is to... I don't know, kind of out there for me.
It's just something that makes me think too much to wonder, "Is it real?"
Watch Me Go Baby!
Killjoy
Watch Me Go Baby!
August 23rd, 2006 at 09:09am
One of my friends is obsessed with 'orbs' in photographs.
I know that some orbs have been proved to be light tricks but he is still convinced they are orbs. Anyone know anything about them?
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
August 23rd, 2006 at 09:23am
Watch Me Go Baby!:
I know that some orbs have been proved to be light tricks but he is still convinced they are orbs. Anyone know anything about them?

An orb is a ball of light normally associated with paranormal activity - usually the first signs of a ghost/spirit manifestation.
It is claimed they show up in photographs and video recordings more so than they do to the naked eye because the naked eye is not trained to see them properly. Sometimes it is just a trick of the light and sometimes there is no reasonable explanation for the ball of light being there, so it is usually assumed it is a spirit person present at that time and place.
Orbs that are said to be spirits will usually move in odd patterns not usually made by lights or dust particles. This is the main reason why they are said to be spirits.
I hope that's of some help to you.
x_strike_to_incinerate
Killjoy
x_strike_to_incinerate
August 24th, 2006 at 01:16pm
I being quite stupid, still don't truly understand Wicca. I have been interested in it for a long time but have never fully been told what it entaltes. Could someone enlighten me??
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
August 24th, 2006 at 01:49pm
Like most religions, there are different sub-divisions of Wicca.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/paganism/subdivisions/wicca.shtml
That's pretty good for the basics of it, but for more a detailed outlook on the religion, you could try your local library and look for some books. That's usually the best thing to do.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
August 24th, 2006 at 01:54pm
And you should check out the religions thread on here coz I'm sure stuff about Wicca has been mentioned there.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
August 24th, 2006 at 04:03pm
I find the subject of Magick very intriguing.
I, myself don't know much about it, but I would most definately like to learn about it.
I just find it mind-boggling how people possess these powers to move things and whatnot.

As for ghosts, I don't really believe in them persay. I prefer to use the term 'spirits' instead. I believe that when you die, your spirit stays behind as an imprint of yourself on Earth and tends to stay in the area in which you lived. Spirits stay to look after their loved ones and act somewhat as a Guardian Angel.

But those are just my thoughts. =)
OMG it's Jennie :0
Motor Baby
August 27th, 2006 at 06:04pm
Does anyone know anything about telepathy and/or auras?
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
August 27th, 2006 at 10:28pm
I know about Auras and Telepathy - what exactly do you want to know about them??
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
August 29th, 2006 at 07:43pm
I believe in Spirits.
I think that they are here, but hey cannot be seen.
Not 'scaryZOMGZ' spirits, but people who used to be alive and died.
I think some are in heaven/hell/otherplaces and some are on earth.
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
August 29th, 2006 at 09:35pm
Watch Me Go Baby!:

Ah, orbs. As Starr_ said, they are balls of light associated with paranormal activity.. however for the most part the only REAL orbs are the ones seen by the human eye. As far as orbs in videos and photos, they are usually dust particles either on the lens of the camera or in the air. They can also be caused by light refraction, moisture, wind, etc. I have taken over 10,000 pictures on investigations with "orbs" in them.. only 1 remains unexplained.
Motor Baby
August 29th, 2006 at 09:41pm
MistressRhi:
I know about Auras and Telepathy - what exactly do you want to know about them??

Just general information... How powerful they can be, how truthful. And with telepathy, do they actually hear your thoughts in words?
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
August 30th, 2006 at 11:46pm
OMG it's Jennie :0:
MistressRhi:

Just general information... How powerful they can be, how truthful. And with telepathy, do they actually hear your thoughts in words?
Telepathy is a difficult subject because it varies so much -some people say they can hear a voice, some people just get a general feeling, some people get pictures, it varies a lot. I believe that its truthful as i have had people communicate with me this way, i get it as a feeling, to look at them, or look at something, pick something up, generally like that. I have never heard voices but that doesnt mean that others dont. Telepathy is difficult as some people can tell you they hear things and they are out and out lying, its very hard to tell if its genuine or not.

Auras most definately, i have seen them, the colours and the strength depends on the person and how they are feeling. Some people who are very run down or stressed give off very little aura around them and some people have amazing colours everywhere. I've seen the aura colours change as well depending on what has happened in their lives.

phew i hope that has helped but let me know if you would like to know more or anything else!!
Motor Baby
August 31st, 2006 at 07:55pm
Thank you :] Just a few more questions though... What does a purple aura mean? I always seem to have it with others... And what about pink?