Don't have an account? Create one!

Magic, Magick, Ghosts & the Supernatural

AuthorMessage
TheSharpestThings
Motor Baby
TheSharpestThings
April 1st, 2008 at 01:49pm
I believe in all these.
I live across the road from a grave yard and often go there to clean some graves and buy flowers for them and stuff.

I've seen ghosts, I believe in vampires and werewolves because of those people who've gone missing without a trace.
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
April 1st, 2008 at 01:59pm
I do believe in magic cause Islam made us believe in devils and ghosts ( different creatures, not dead souls!). I've heard of such thingsand how they really happen. but nowadays majic is mostly about eye tricks,,, isn't it? So in the modern world people became less attached to such things, and mostly see it as nonsense! What can I say. Magic is there, but doesn't really affect us so much. It had a greater role in ancient ages. That's all I can say.
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
April 7th, 2008 at 08:33am
As a christian, I believe in magic. Why? Because I've read a couple of instances in the Bible where it shows that magicians really do exist.
I believe in ghosts, but not as souls of the dead, but I believe it's a trick of the evil. I don't believe that souls of the dead can still lurk the world of the living. I believe that they immediately go to either heaven or hell.
Gerards-Angel
Killjoy
Gerards-Angel
April 7th, 2008 at 08:41am
I have to admit i don't beleive in heaven or hell...well not so to speak anyway. I think that when we die, what we then experience may be classed as heaven or hell for that person who has passed away.
I beleive we go on to be spirits, in a place similar to earth, only spirits are there. Some, when they die are grounded to a certain place some free to roam...
William the Bloody
Killjoy
William the Bloody
April 8th, 2008 at 01:28am
Hmmmm... I'm not really sure what to believe on this topic. There have been some pretty strange occurrences with logical explanations, but then again, there are those that remain unsolved. I've never really experienced anything supernatural, (like seeing a ghost) but there are other people who have. And their stories sound pretty convincing too. I don't really know what I think is right here.
Gerards-Angel
Killjoy
Gerards-Angel
April 8th, 2008 at 09:28am
I don't think there is a 'right' or 'wrong' for this topic. Everybody I think feels the need to beleive in something, even if that something is just...nothing.
Tilly and the Wall
Bleeding on the Floor
Tilly and the Wall
April 8th, 2008 at 10:03am
I'm pretty open-minded, because I was born a Muslim, but I read about other religions as well.

However, I believe in both ghosts and Djinns [Demons]. I've read up a lot about ghosts, and there are some facts both for them, and against them. I'll share them with you guys so that you can make up your mind about them =)

One theory says that most ghost activity takes place in a household with atleast one adolescent-that's because they're growing up and all [hormones going crazy, emotions running high, moods going up and down, etc. etc.]. The theory says that these things, all combined, produce an energy and that energy is the ghost.

The other theory says that everything's made up of energy, or needs energy. Now everyone knows about energy-cannot be created or destroyed, but only changes form. Yup, so that's what it says. When people die, obviously they can't be destroyed, so their soul lives on-because it can't be destroyed, it's energy.
I'm DEAD!
Joining The Black Parade
I'm DEAD!
April 9th, 2008 at 02:57pm
I am not wicca but I think that there is something really beautiful about having faith and loving the earth in all of it's pureness.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 9th, 2008 at 10:58pm
nsky:
I'm pretty open-minded, because I was born a Muslim, but I read about other religions as well.

However, I believe in both ghosts and Djinns [Demons]. I've read up a lot about ghosts, and there are some facts both for them, and against them. I'll share them with you guys so that you can make up your mind about them =)

One theory says that most ghost activity takes place in a household with atleast one adolescent-that's because they're growing up and all [hormones going crazy, emotions running high, moods going up and down, etc. etc.]. The theory says that these things, all combined, produce an energy and that energy is the ghost.

The other theory says that everything's made up of energy, or needs energy. Now everyone knows about energy-cannot be created or destroyed, but only changes form. Yup, so that's what it says. When people die, obviously they can't be destroyed, so their soul lives on-because it can't be destroyed, it's energy.

i agree with the second part. maybe not so much bout the dying bit. lol.
you cant create energey. but it can change form.
and magick is all about energy. you call upon the quaters and ask for guidance and for them to help you with the energy. all the spells i have done so far are through energy.
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
April 11th, 2008 at 06:32pm
I believe in magic and ghosts, but not magic like as in magic trick stuff or like evil hexes and whatnot (even though people do do both), I believe in the wiccan type of magic. As for ghosts, I believe in them, but not really as in like, souls of the dead or evil things, but more as a mark that a person's energy/aura left on the Earth or the house they lived in or a place they loved or hated etc. and that the energy, whether positive or negative, has an impact on the environment around there, making others feel a certain way or see something. Basically stuff like that. Its weird though, I used to be afraid/creeped out by graveyards when I was little and thought they were creepy etc, but now, they are actually really peaceful and I love walking through them, I don't know, its like some weird calming effect, like the feeling I get when I walk into a place full of books. My friend lives by one and every time I go over there we walk through the graveyard. Its just, I don't know, peaceful. Thinking about all the lives and stories that each person lived or had, I don't think of dying as scary or frightening anymore because of it, its just something that will eventually happen.
Oh, and as for supernatural, I'm just going to interpret it as freaky unexplained stuff that happens and you don't know why (even though I'm sure that thats not what its means, or was ment to mean) but, ya. I believe in it. All that and jinx's. Especially jinx's....
Latexallergy
Killjoy
Latexallergy
April 11th, 2008 at 11:43pm
I'm definitely a believer in the supernatural, and I seriously think my family is jinxed lol, everytime we wish someone good luck something bad always happens. I can bump into someone i've not seen in ages, then i'll find out the next day that some terrible fates befallen them lol. I wish I could harness my jinx powers, but they only seem to work on people I like, and not the people I wish they would work on Sad(
Tilly and the Wall
Bleeding on the Floor
Tilly and the Wall
April 13th, 2008 at 02:27pm
Magick, I've read up on it, quite some time back...about its origins, about the origins of the word. It was pretty interesting...

One more thing I'd like to add here is about the energy theory-some people claim that this theory also shows that we have an afterlife, and that God exists [Energy: Cannot be created, Cannot be destroyed, Always was, always will be...; God: Not created, Cannot be destroyed, Always was, always will be].

What do you guys think about that?
Tilly and the Wall
Bleeding on the Floor
Tilly and the Wall
April 13th, 2008 at 02:33pm
Like turophile said there, some people say that a ghost is a sort of a reminder of who someone was. For example, a man may be seen waving out of a window even after he is dead, because that used to be his habit when he was alive.

Of course, all of these things, magic, majick, ghosts and the supernatural all deserve a separate thread. The topics are too big to discuss in a single thread.

Religion says that a person's soul is there for about 40 days after his/her death, I think. I'm not sure, but I've heard that people who've commited suicide are damned to stay on earth-their souls don't leave...
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 7th, 2008 at 10:30am
Jackie Flores:
Like turophile said there, some people say that a ghost is a sort of a reminder of who someone was. For example, a man may be seen waving out of a window even after he is dead, because that used to be his habit when he was alive.

Of course, all of these things, magic, majick, ghosts and the supernatural all deserve a separate thread. The topics are too big to discuss in a single thread.

Religion says that a person's soul is there for about 40 days after his/her death, I think. I'm not sure, but I've heard that people who've commited suicide are damned to stay on earth-their souls don't leave...

I agree. But I also believe that when a person is long and gone and you see their ghost, they might have some unfiished business they need to see before they go.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 7th, 2008 at 11:32am
Jackie Flores:

Where does it say that? and in what religion?

I agree with the energy theory. There are a lot of unexplained event, but as far as dead souls or evil spirits, I don't believe in that. I also don't believe, if magic exists, that humans can use it.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 7th, 2008 at 05:35pm
I believe that magick does exist and that only certain people who understand the conceps of it can use it.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 7th, 2008 at 05:36pm
I believe that Magick does exist but I also belive that only certain people who can grasp the idea of it know how to use it.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 7th, 2008 at 07:14pm
Again, xxWolvenPrincessxx, you need to keep the same exact statement in one post. Continue to dismiss this, and you might find an angry admin or mod at your back. The discussion thread is not a place for mindless repetition.