Don't have an account? Create one!

What do your parents think about MCR?

AuthorMessage
Danae
Always Born a Crime
Danae
May 13th, 2008 at 09:10pm
I don't know what my parents think of them....and to tell the truth...I don't care.
Girl_Anachronism
Joining The Black Parade
Girl_Anachronism
May 14th, 2008 at 01:19am
My parents like hate them. I was listening to Vampires Will Never Hurt You and they came in my room to make sure I wasn't like cutting myself. They thought tht cuz I've spent the last two days up in my room watching LOTMS and listening to them...they thought I did self harm cuz I got a bloody nose up there (i don't know how) and I wiped the blood on my wrists (I know, what a stupid place to wipe blood).Anyways, the threw away all my MCR stuff....I'm all sad now.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 14th, 2008 at 08:21pm
^ OH that sucks! I'm really sorry...

Happy to say I acctually have cool parents. MCR is the first real band I like that isn't from my parents generation and they are very respectful! They always thought it was great I was enjoying more music, but when I said I wanted to see them in concert my mom was esspecially questioning. Only when I had her listen to WTTPB did she come up to me and say "Oh I'm so happy your going to see a real band, with good music you like!" I guess for a while she was worried it was all suicial screaming. But yeah, once I explained the whole philosophy and why I like them so much my parents have only supported me. ~ Rex
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 15th, 2008 at 09:28pm
i caught my mon singing, 3 times...in the car, in the bathroom, and while cooking....ehm ehm..."i don't love you, like i did, yesterday"hahahaha
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 15th, 2008 at 10:43pm
^ Haha, I caught my brother (gotten major shit from him for liking MCR) singing Teenagers a few times. Now he just changes the words so he's not acctually singing it. His excuss is "its got a good beat" ~ Rex
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 15th, 2008 at 11:12pm
^LOL your bro is pretty funny...
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 15th, 2008 at 11:24pm
^ That he is, and also anoying. But I think I've been making pretty good progress, hope some day he'll be a soilder in the MCRmy like his brother! Just gotta break down the "All Contemporary Music Stucks Philosophy" in his mind. I shared the same sentiment, untill I took the time to listen to WTTBP the entire way through and realized there was something more to MCR than I ever imagined.

Oh, I also heard from a friend (who is a total Zeppelin Zombie) that "This Is How I Disapear" is "a good song"... I tell ya, after all the shit I've gotten, I never thought I'd hear that form him! ~ Rex
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 15th, 2008 at 11:50pm
^ This Is How I Disappear is a good song, they sang that song during their concert here...and that's their first one...

yup, you're right, brothers, especially the little ones are pretty annoying at times, but my bro is a fan of MCR...he loves them...but we always argue...coz he want's to play this but i want to play that...hahaha...silly right....
Deadness
Killjoy
Deadness
May 16th, 2008 at 07:21am
OMG I am a mum and I think they are fantastic! Everyone I know tells me i'm completely obsessed lol !!! I've been to see them twice with my daughter, once in Paris and then in Sheffield, UK - I wish we lived in America so we could go to more gigs!! Oh an yeah, G is cute as hell Smile
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 16th, 2008 at 11:28pm
^ Ha, thats really great! I think we need some kind of confederation for all you parent fans out there. Somthin along the lines of MHFG - Moms Hot For Gerard, lol.

aui_adriene:
coz he want's to play this but i want to play that

Youz be really lucky you know that? My brother and I haven't jammed together since I was 10, we both like similar stuff (besides MCR) but we have a diiferent look at it.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
May 17th, 2008 at 02:47am
Deadness:
OMG I am a mum and I think they are fantastic! Everyone I know tells me i'm completely obsessed lol !!! I've been to see them twice with my daughter, once in Paris and then in Sheffield, UK - I wish we lived in America so we could go to more gigs!! Oh an yeah, G is cute as hell Smile

hug Punk that is awesome.

btw my mom got an mp3 player & asked me to put an MCR song or 2 into there coz she likes a few songs. i gleefully plonked half of Revenge & Parade in2 there Very Happy hoping to brainwash her
Miracles.
Joining The Black Parade
Miracles.
May 17th, 2008 at 05:04am
^^^ Haha, nice. Clap

My dad used to say that My Chemical Romance were emo until he found out I listened to him and my mum makes me turn their music off when I listen to it on Itunes
Need I say more?
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
May 17th, 2008 at 05:11am
I think I've posted here before, but ohwell.
My mum... Im not sure. She probably thinks they're emo. Like on the way to the doctors, I had ''Disenchanted'' playing in the car and all she said was, ''Can you turn that down? Its hurting my ears.'' so I did. But I dont think she cares too much.

My dad... has heard ''The End'', Im pretty sure. And the other day he said he'll take me to see them next time they come to Sydney Cool
Whoop, now I just have a year to wait >_<;
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
May 19th, 2008 at 08:45am
I got my mum to call MCR bastards today XD
I was complaining about the fact the download-able tracks of theirs are only on X360
And she was like 'well damn them for doing that, how dare they!'
I go 'because they're bastards!'
She's like 'yes...they're bastards' haha

Besides from that, my parents don't really say anything about them
They let me take days off school to wait in line for MCR
And my mum knows Teenagers I think...

It just annoys them that I ask for so much merch...constantly
Dinosaur
Killjoy
Dinosaur
August 27th, 2008 at 12:18am
My mom likes Gerard (like likes him) but hates the music. My dad, well, my dad doesn't really like any modern music in general, he only likes old rock bands (Stones, zeppelin,Beatles) and for some reason he like Flobots...
Blooregard Q. Kazoo
Motor Baby
Blooregard Q. Kazoo
August 28th, 2008 at 08:17pm
My mum she doesn't care.. she actually really likes TGOY..

Dunno about my Dad tho... havn't seen him since '03

SQUEE!! Page Claim.. I shall name it.. Maria. Very Orinigal (sp?) I know Smile (Y)
FrankiieIero
Jazz Hands
FrankiieIero
August 28th, 2008 at 09:42pm
My bro convinced them that I was listening to "emo" music.... They got mad at me and took my MCR CDs and ordered me to get rid of any MCR music on my iPod. I got mad and whenever someone asked me what type of music I like I still said rock music loud and proud.

I went to an MCR concert once and my dad I guess kinda enjoyed it, not very much though. Maybe it changed my parents mind because they let me have the CDs back and have the songs on my iPod. They don't love the band very much, hardly know it really. I don't think they care much anymore.
teenagers.
Jazz Hands
teenagers.
August 29th, 2008 at 07:47am
my mom loves them
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
August 29th, 2008 at 08:15am
My mom doesn't mind, as long as I play it in my room, or with headphones, and anything I listen to is banned in the car. She once told me that Mikey looks like me and is very ugly, before realizing quite what she said, and having to backtrack fast.

My stepdad tries ot join in, you know? He tries to like the same stuff as me, tries ot be cool, but he just can't do it. They're just another band he is too old to recognize.

My biological father like Blood. and Mama. and that's about it...
Xo_Im Disenchanted_
Killjoy
Xo_Im Disenchanted_
August 29th, 2008 at 09:08pm
My mom likes My chemical Romance lol She sits here and watches the DVD with me its the funniest thing ever haha.