Don't have an account? Create one!

What do your parents think about MCR?

AuthorMessage
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
May 1st, 2008 at 05:51am
my dad hasnt heard them, i dont think...

as for my mum, the only time she's heard them is when my music is too loud, or im singing their songs, and i dont think she likes them. she'd call them emo or something, she thinks that of most the music i listen to xD
BlackRoseDying
Fabulous Killjoy
BlackRoseDying
May 1st, 2008 at 08:51am
my mom hates that i listen to their music. she thinks the band is a bunch of demons or something. but i beg to differ.
just to piss her off i blast MCR's music everyday on full blast on the radio in the car, house, or anywhere else.......
MCR ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 1st, 2008 at 02:15pm

me dad likes em .
which is odd cos i find mcr a bit on a the weak side really .

dnno about my mum

Sweet Pandemonium.
Bleeding on the Floor
Sweet Pandemonium.
May 2nd, 2008 at 05:49am
My mum hates them and i don't think my dad really likes them but he did take me to see them in concert and he said that they weren't that bad.
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 9th, 2008 at 08:54am
my parents are okay with them...they've heard of welcome to the black parade, i don't love you(because we performed this on our christmas party,LOL), famous last words and helena(we sang this last easter), but sometimes they think it's kinda noisy...but, it's okay...they've enjoyed bands too when they we're young...like Queen right?
mcrluvsme
Killjoy
mcrluvsme
May 9th, 2008 at 10:46am
my parents are okay with it they just don't like our lady of sorrows but they don't mind
vampire kitteh :3
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vampire kitteh :3
May 9th, 2008 at 01:01pm
my mom liked mcr b4 i did... scary.
unleash-the-bats-627
Killjoy
unleash-the-bats-627
May 10th, 2008 at 12:34am
my dad likes mcr... my mum said that they hav grown on her. lol. she likes bob. Smile but my grandparents h8 mcr. they say that they do drugs, r emo and r a bad influence. grr... that rely pisses me off. no matter how many times i try 2 tell them they're not like that . Mad
Bunny Marie Way
Fabulous Killjoy
Bunny Marie Way
May 10th, 2008 at 05:01am
The weird thing about MCR and my mum is that she was born in the 1950's loves music Rowan Keating,Donna Summers and The Stylists,but she love Famous Last Word wicht gerard said was one of the darkest songs....It came on the radio in the car and she "this is a nice song..." :1}

My dad dosent know them...
for reasons unknown
Awake and Unafraid
for reasons unknown
May 11th, 2008 at 12:24am
my mom likes them. teenagers is her ringtone. it's really embarrasing when it rings in public, so i'm constantly changing her ringtone to one that verizon provides. my mom also said she would date gerard if she was younger. i couldn't sleep that night.
XXMikeyIsMyHeroXX
Killjoy
XXMikeyIsMyHeroXX
May 11th, 2008 at 02:20am
my mom likes MCR..Very Happy her fav songs from them are helena and cancer..Very Happy and she think frank and ray are cute
Richelle-the-Ripper;
Joining The Black Parade
Richelle-the-Ripper;
May 11th, 2008 at 04:44am
my parents think i'm crazy for being so obsessed.
but my mom likes the piano in cancer.
Gerard Way Jr
Killjoy
Gerard Way Jr
May 11th, 2008 at 06:46pm
my parents think they're anti-christian and evil. (I don't--my parents are fairly ignorant of pretty much anything MCR-related besides my book, which is probabl darker than all of the MCR songs put together.)
lunatic! lizzy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
lunatic! lizzy
May 11th, 2008 at 10:01pm
my mom likes their singles and she thinks Bob is cute(which is mentally scarring for me since he's my favorite)
and my dad LOVES the black parade cd.
he has all the videos i have from itunes on his iTouch.
Very Happy
my family is pretty open-minded about music.
Christa
Killjoy
Christa
May 11th, 2008 at 10:08pm
My parents, who are youth leaders (and my dad was a pastor), LOVE them. They're as Christian as you can get (same with me, haha); they're just not "the strict kind." They don't care Gerard swears; my mother actually said she likes how Gerard swears because "the way he says it doesn't sound bad."

Mom thinks Gerard is "really cute," but it's "because of his personality...if he were a jerk, he wouldn't be." I found this video on Youtube where he's laying on the stage and looks at the camera and goes, "Oh, hello there..." My mom blushed. I thought it was funny.

My dad did NOT like MCR (he just didn't like the way they sounded), but when he saw them at the 9th concert, he came away loving them and wishing it wouldn't be weird if they were his favorite band (he thinks he's "too old"...). Razz He adored "Mama" and, although he was making fun (lightly) of Gerard's adorable voice, he said he was surprised that Gerard wasn't effeminate (he'd thought he was before).

They LOVE what MCR has done to help people, especially teens. My mother got into it a bit a few times with people who thought they were evil and bad and defended them pretty strongly. It was cool. She isn't a huge fan of the dark nature of Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, but she doesn't hate it; she just prefers The Black Parade.

They had a great time at the concert. My mom cried during Cancer...her grandmother is dying of liver cancer, which...stinks. But it wasn't "the bad sort of crying"...it just really moved her. They were so happy the band got to fulfill their dream of playing The Garden. To quote my father, "it's incredible that we got to be a part of that."

So...I guess I have pretty awesome parents. XDDD
lunatic! lizzy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
lunatic! lizzy
May 11th, 2008 at 10:17pm
Christa:
My parents, who are youth leaders (and my dad was a pastor), LOVE them. They're as Christian as you can get (same with me, haha); they're just not "the strict kind." They don't care Gerard swears; my mother actually said she likes how Gerard swears because "the way he says it doesn't sound bad."

Mom thinks Gerard is "really cute," but it's "because of his personality...if he were a jerk, he wouldn't be." I found this video on Youtube where he's laying on the stage and looks at the camera and goes, "Oh, hello there..." My mom blushed. I thought it was funny.

My dad did NOT like MCR (he just didn't like the way they sounded), but when he saw them at the 9th concert, he came away loving them and wishing it wouldn't be weird if they were his favorite band (he thinks he's "too old"...). Razz He adored "Mama" and, although he was making fun (lightly) of Gerard's adorable voice, he said he was surprised that Gerard wasn't effeminate (he'd thought he was before).

They LOVE what MCR has done to help people, especially teens. My mother got into it a bit a few times with people who thought they were evil and bad and defended them pretty strongly. It was cool. She isn't a huge fan of the dark nature of Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, but she doesn't hate it; she just prefers The Black Parade.

They had a great time at the concert. My mom cried during Cancer...her grandmother is dying of liver cancer, which...stinks. But it wasn't "the bad sort of crying"...it just really moved her. They were so happy the band got to fulfill their dream of playing The Garden. To quote my father, "it's incredible that we got to be a part of that."

that's awesome.
i wish my parents were that into it...
can your parents adopt me?
xD
Christa
Killjoy
Christa
May 11th, 2008 at 10:32pm
lunatic! lizzy:
that's awesome.
i wish my parents were that into it...
can your parents adopt me?
xD

I don't think they'd like that very much. Crying or Very sad
lunatic! lizzy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
lunatic! lizzy
May 11th, 2008 at 10:58pm
awww...that sucks...x(
Gerard Way Jr
Killjoy
Gerard Way Jr
May 12th, 2008 at 01:40pm
Christa:

*sigh* If only...
listen to your heart
In The Murder Scene
listen to your heart
May 13th, 2008 at 07:23am
my parents hates mcr.the first time my dad watched helena video.my dad were so angry.he thought that was something about black metal or whatever near to it.i was like wtf?they still hates mcr till now.helena was the first mcr song i heard.now im a hardcore fan.and my parents hate them even more....they said mcr gives teens bad messages......idk when its going to end.