Don't have an account? Create one!

Question about MCR and your teachers...

AuthorMessage
Juliet;;lovesthebeat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Juliet;;lovesthebeat
August 29th, 2006 at 06:17pm
Dude. If my lit teacher liked MCR I would freak.

In a good way though. It'd be awesome, cause no one here likes MCR like me. And it'd be cool to have an adult to talk to thier music about.

I'd love it.
ChAoS
Fabulous Killjoy
ChAoS
August 29th, 2006 at 07:56pm
it would be awesome to have a teacher who likes the same bands than me.....last year we had to play our favorite song in class and I played ''Helena''(i played the video) and well....first: my whole class was yawning and laughing at me and second: my teacher asked me who were those freaks......I was....so pissed! So yeah, it would be freaking awesome to have a teacher like you!! your students are so lucky!
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
August 29th, 2006 at 07:58pm
I had to do a english assignment last year where I had to analyze five songs.
I almost did My Chemical Romance, and to this day I don't know why I didn't=/
change.
Motor Baby
change.
August 29th, 2006 at 11:51pm
that would be awesome. my 8th grade reading teacher listened to half of one of their songs on my mp3 in school. & he kept on thinking that i was death obsessed and crazy. haha.
leina-is-a-mango
Killjoy
leina-is-a-mango
August 30th, 2006 at 02:55pm
razortotherosary:
Ok, this is going to sound like a weird question, but here goes. I'm a high school English teacher (I'm 28 years old) but am completely insanely obsessed with music of all kinds and adore MCR beyond all sense. So, those of you in school, would you think one of your teachers was really weird if they like MCR or would you think it's kinda cool? I'm just curious what your reaction would be...
Thanks!!

PS(I'm not one of those teachers that still tries to act/dress like a teenager or anything like that, but I just tend to have tastes in things like music and movies that are closer to what younger people like than what older people like- if that makes any sense.)

My Social Studies teacher likes them. She's like 27. I brought my CD's to class so all the people can listen to them. And now she likes them.
razortotherosary
Killjoy
razortotherosary
August 30th, 2006 at 10:11pm
Phew...I'm glad you all think it would be cool and not totally weird. I'm totally music obsessed (all sorts, not just my chem, though they're one of my all time favorites-heh, I even got a My Chem related tattoo...bet my students would be surprised about that!) Anyways, I love working music into my lessons, espeically when we study poetry, and sometimes I think my students think I'm the weird one for being so nuts about music.
Oh well, at least the music crazy ones and I can relate to each otherSmile I've got a few punkish, non-Abercrombie kids in my classes and I'm really hoping they'll see I'm not going to judge them just because they have different interests/tastes and in fact, I probably have more in common with them than the Ambercrombie kids. I'm brand new at this school so I'm trying to play things a little safe at least to start, but I don't think it'll be long before my students get a sense of my tastes in music...I love it too much to hide it and I don't think anyone should have to hide the things they like, whatever they may be.

People that mock other people just because their tastes aren't the same are cruel-that goes for everyone-adults and kids!!
Thanks everyone for being so sweet to meSmile You all have made my day!
x.blood.red.x
Bleeding on the Floor
x.blood.red.x
August 30th, 2006 at 10:16pm
Well, I love english as it is, and right now, our english teacher is pregnant, so she wont be here for like a month or two after the baby. If I found out my teacher liked MCR, I would FREAK!!!!!!!!!! I'd be like "ZOMG! ME TOOOOOO!! HEHEH!!!!!!!!!!" like, right in her face.
HeavenHelpUs.
Jazz Hands
HeavenHelpUs.
August 31st, 2006 at 05:30pm
I'm getting an MCR tattoo on my wrist, where is yours??? Very Happy
guran!
Shotgun Sinner
guran!
August 31st, 2006 at 05:36pm
I don't know. I can't see anything really intresting about it. but it would be cool.

One of my teachers loves Nirvana, he knows the words and all ^^,
Naughtville
Bleeding on the Floor
Naughtville
August 31st, 2006 at 06:00pm
That's amazing that you're a fan
If there were more people like you in the world everyone would just get along all the time ^.~
Just playin'
what do you teach?
High School or Middle?
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
August 31st, 2006 at 06:25pm
i'd think that's awesome. i used to talk about the clash with my eastern civ teacher, and my brother's english teacher [who i'm gonna have this year] is a huge fan of tarantino's films... classes where the teachers are into stuff like that are usually more interesitng.
razortotherosary
Killjoy
razortotherosary
August 31st, 2006 at 06:27pm
spookdoofus:
That's amazing that you're a fan
If there were more people like you in the world everyone would just get along all the time ^.~
Just playin'
what do you teach?
High School or Middle?

10th grade English...I had them do this little writing exercise today to warm up and one of their options was to write about their favorite band, it was pretty fun to see what people were into! Some of them definitely surprised me with the depth of the music they liked. I think they liked it becuase they got to write about something they're really into and it gave me some insight into them since I'm still getting to know them!
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
August 31st, 2006 at 06:28pm
razortotherosary:
Phew...I'm glad you all think it would be cool and not totally weird. I'm totally music obsessed (all sorts, not just my chem, though they're one of my all time favorites-heh, I even got a My Chem related tattoo...bet my students would be surprised about that!) Anyways, I love working music into my lessons, espeically when we study poetry, and sometimes I think my students think I'm the weird one for being so nuts about music.
Oh well, at least the music crazy ones and I can relate to each otherSmile I've got a few punkish, non-Abercrombie kids in my classes and I'm really hoping they'll see I'm not going to judge them just because they have different interests/tastes and in fact, I probably have more in common with them than the Ambercrombie kids. I'm brand new at this school so I'm trying to play things a little safe at least to start, but I don't think it'll be long before my students get a sense of my tastes in music...I love it too much to hide it and I don't think anyone should have to hide the things they like, whatever they may be.

People that mock other people just because their tastes aren't the same are cruel-that goes for everyone-adults and kids!!
Thanks everyone for being so sweet to meSmile You all have made my day!
A tattoo? Can you please explain what it is? ^^;
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
August 31st, 2006 at 06:31pm
i wish teachers gave assignments like that to us =[
razortotherosary
Killjoy
razortotherosary
August 31st, 2006 at 07:06pm
XxXPumpkinPieXxX:
I'm getting an MCR tattoo on my wrist, where is yours??? Very Happy

I got mine on my right hip but I'm getting the mirror image of it on my left hip tomorrow. It's a bit from Gerard's art for AP magazine...here's the original and then my tattoo. I think the guy that did it did a great job (but that's just my opinion Smile

HeavenHelpUs.
Jazz Hands
HeavenHelpUs.
September 1st, 2006 at 09:00am
^^It's really good!!! Very Happy How much did it cost??

I just have to wait another 5 years to get mine. My mum thinks I'll get over this MCR 'phase' but I NEVER will.
hunzana
Awake and Unafraid
hunzana
September 1st, 2006 at 09:20am
woah awesome tattoo!
I wish you were my teacher last semester, my old english teacher was the biggest bitch! My new english teacher isnt that bad, hes from africa, but hes a really good teacher!
that would be mad having a teacher with the taste of music as you.
TRQ
Always Born a Crime
TRQ
September 1st, 2006 at 11:27pm
one of my english teachers last year was crazy into the kind of music i like. just about every day during journal/ reading time she would play the foo fighters. and we had a battle of the bands at a club in the city and she went and got totally wasted.

then my creative writing teacher gave us an assingment to bring in a song that would be the sound track to our life. i brought in demolition lovers, and when i got up to play it and told everyone what it was, they were all like O___O, but she thougth that it was awesome.

english teachers are the shit.
SoCalMCRFan
Fabulous Killjoy
SoCalMCRFan
September 1st, 2006 at 11:56pm
My teachers (except my video production teacher; he's cool) would freak out.
Dwight Schrute.
Really Not Okay
Dwight Schrute.
September 2nd, 2006 at 12:13am
I honestly think it would be AWESOME to have a teacher that loved the same kind of music I did.
Let alone the same BAND.
That'd be hecka cool.