Smashing Pumpkins

AuthorMessage
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 17th, 2008 at 05:24pm
Fatal Madonna.:
argh, Iwish I could see them again.

They kinda did have lasers at the show....I think they skillfully made them miss Mister Billy's head so we wouldn't all go blind.
but imagine telling your grandkids that one, 'I went to a Smashing Pumpkins concert- best night ever- and got blinded by a bald head' Tehe

Ahahah.
What a way to go blind, though.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
February 18th, 2008 at 12:06am
Fireplug.:
zomg its samara!
yayyyy!
like I said on myspace... you must tell me everything about this show!
Yes yes yes. And like I said, I need to know what their recent set lists are. I haven't got a clue what they play. :3
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
February 20th, 2008 at 03:56pm
ummm setlist from my show [February 10th]

just a warning, once you see them, there is NO GOING BACK.

The setlist is ROUGHLY as follows [I tried my best to remember it all but c'mon, two and a half hours and their back catalogue?! Almost impossible.]
Porcelina of the Vast Ocean [a very good song to come on to]
Bring the Light
Come On [Let's Go]
Tonight, Tonight [SQUEEEEEE]
Mayonnaise
Perfect
Lily [My One and Only]
The Rose March
Today [SQUEE]
Tarantula
Stand Inside Your Love
Ava Adore
Drown
Bullet With Butterfly Wings
That's the Way My Love Is [Acoustic]
My Blue Heaven
Cash Car Star
[This Incredible Interlude with al five members]
Wound
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
February 20th, 2008 at 04:53pm
pretty good, you remembered a lot of them

your complete set list was:

Porcelina
Behold! The Night Mare
Bring The Light
Tonight, Tonight
Mayonaise
Try, Try, Try
Superchrist
Come On Let's Go
Stellar
Perfect
Lily
The Rose March
Today
Tarantula
Stand Inside Your Love
Ava Adore
Drown
Bullet With Butterfly Wings
That's The Way
My Blue Heaven
The Everlasting Gaze
Cash Car Star
Daydream
Wound
United States
I Don't Mind
Cherub Rock

I love a lot of the song transitions. SIYL -> Ava Adore. And also The Everlasting Gaze -> Cash Car Star

Oh and also, I ended up not submitting to sp.com. I have a feeling that they would try to shut me up about anything we would have been told. They used to do it that way before first official board closed. We knew things we couldn't tell other people...which of course we told our friends anyway, but couldn't tell the general public.
Not to mention, I don't exactly, um, get along with some of the other super fans. We have some conflicts between us. I prefer to not associate with them if I don't have to, which I have a feeling I would have had to.

In short, it wouldn't have been nearly as fun as it used to be.
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 20th, 2008 at 05:13pm
0.o what kind of things?
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
February 20th, 2008 at 05:50pm
nothing of any real interest or importance now Laughing

We just got heads up on the days that Billy was planning on coming on the board to make announcements and stuff. We knew about tour dates and things (this was during the Zwan Era though that I was an administrator) During that time we were monitored often by Sony (who was funding the site at the time), so we had to be careful what we said about certain things, people and other such.
Though Billy supposedly used to post under a regular username (as in not using his name.) to interact with us on a regular basis and we didn't know it. Wouldn't surprise me if he had, despite what he says, he totally reads what gets said about him on the SP community boards.

Had it perks though. Depending on who you knew, you could get free tickets, backstage passes, after party invites, etc etc. I never got to take advantage of any of it, but I think I've done well for myself the last few years Wink

I wanted to work on Zwan.com, but there were, ah, issues. It all worked out in the end. I started a my own site, became a major competitor for the official Zwan site. David Pajo was even registered on my message board. The official Zwan site also never quite reached it's potential, and all of us running other Zwan sites were very friendly with each other; so we banded together and formed a network of sites that pretty much covered every resource.

It was really all just for fun. I never got paid or anything. But man, I dedicated tons of time to every site I ever worked on. I would reopen my SP site if I had the time to dedicate to it. But I would rather not do it than do it halfway.
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 21st, 2008 at 11:42am
Oh wow, yeah.
Well if you ever decide to start a site up and you need any help >.>
*raises hand*
Very Happy
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
February 23rd, 2008 at 03:28pm
me too, Angie. When it comes to you and Pumpkin-ness, I'd give up any time I have.

inner conflicts between fans kinda bums me out though, espeically because of what it can do [for example, INO ripping each other apart because of Eliza and whatever]
but if you didn't feel right entering then it's probably good that you didn't Smile
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 23rd, 2008 at 09:16pm
^ ditto.

I hate when stupid crap tears fans apart.
It's just sad and you know the actual band has to be super disappointed in their fans.
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 26th, 2008 at 01:36am
Okay guys... I need your help.
Sooo! I'm going to see MCR on their tour and I wanted to give Gerard something Corgan-related and I need some pictures from the Zeitgeist tour that show Billy in his little oompa loompa wannabe outfit. I may make a Billy doll or a shirt or something but it has to be like amazingly awesome. So Gerard's not like 'ew thanks *throws in trash*'

Pretty please?
Very Happy
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
February 27th, 2008 at 03:48pm
what do you mean Oompa Loompa outfit?
I only have Billy-in-his-badass-silver-leaf-skirt-pictures Tehe
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 27th, 2008 at 06:44pm
Fatal Madonna.:
what do you mean Oompa Loompa outfit?
I only have Billy-in-his-badass-silver-leaf-skirt-pictures Tehe

Hahah sure.
&& The outfit he's been wearing with the stripey-socks and weird short pants.
lmfao
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
February 27th, 2008 at 07:05pm
i think it's made of bike reflectors Wink lol and it looks ridiculous since he continues to wear the striped socks with it. He's so lucky they aren't near here, I would so tell him he looks stupid.

In other news, they debuted the video for Superchrist today. It's really bad, Jeff and Ginger aren't in, and you barely see Jimmy and Billy. I don't suggest you watch it, but if you do, you've been warned. It's on SP's MySpace.

And I was already annoyed because I'm missing the amazing opportunity to see SP and MCR play at the same show, because I can't take the time off from work. But hey, I'll get to see MCR anyway in May and I should totally be like, so Gerard, what your opinion on Billy's skirt?

Laughing
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 27th, 2008 at 08:14pm
maryaxe:
i think it's made of bike reflectors Wink lol and it looks ridiculous since he continues to wear the striped socks with it. He's so lucky they aren't near here, I would so tell him he looks stupid.

In other news, they debuted the video for Superchrist today. It's really bad, Jeff and Ginger aren't in, and you barely see Jimmy and Billy. I don't suggest you watch it, but if you do, you've been warned. It's on SP's MySpace.

And I was already annoyed because I'm missing the amazing opportunity to see SP and MCR play at the same show, because I can't take the time off from work. But hey, I'll get to see MCR anyway in May and I should totally be like, so Gerard, what your opinion on Billy's skirt?

Laughing

rofl.
He'd probably be like 0.0 I WANT!
lmfao
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
February 27th, 2008 at 08:24pm
hahaha Gerard might be afraid to say anything bad about Billy. BC is, after all, a pretty scary man when he's pissed.
I should offer to make Gerard his own skirt of bike reflectors. just to see his reaction. Laughing

Hey, Billy is used to whatever may come out of my mouth. I don't think anything surprises him anymore. He even gives it right back to me...which always somehow catches me off guard.
Gerard however....we've never met before. Oh the potential... Twisted Evil
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 27th, 2008 at 08:36pm
Ahahah.
XD I'd love to see Gerard's reaction to that skirt.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
March 2nd, 2008 at 11:07am
I AM SO FUCKING PISSED OFF AT THE SUPERCHRIST VIDEO.
they have that SLUT in it.
and not Ginger or Jimmy is right.
I love Ginger and Jimmy and they're just like NOT THERE!
and Billy's barely in it either....

IT'S BIKE REFLECTORS?!
I'ma check my pictures again!

I like the skirt, he has some balls to go on the comeback European tour and wear a fecking skirt like!
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
March 2nd, 2008 at 12:51pm
haha i was kidding about the bike reflectors Razz But that's what it looks like to me

and which slut?
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
March 3rd, 2008 at 08:46pm
Picturesssssss!

and... *goes to watch video*
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
March 3rd, 2008 at 09:23pm
*pauses video*
HOLY FUCKING WAY IS THAT AUDREY KITCHING?

ewwwwwwww.