May 13th, 2007 at 12:22pm
XanythingXyouXwantX:
It's questioning the existance of a higher authority
I completly agree
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:41pm
I think its about being confused about your religion and notices gaps in your religion
tragic affair.
Killjoy
tragic affair.
May 20th, 2007 at 02:44pm
i take it as a questioning of God or a religious figure.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
May 21st, 2007 at 12:11am
i think this song is about how we all lose our way and need some help to get back on the path, but we sometimes can't do it by ourselves so gerard is asking if gods out there and willing to help now after all of the things hes done and what happened to him. and if your not gonna help him back on the path just put him out of his misery, but he wants to live because he bleeds to "wipe away the tears of blood agian"
am_I_OK?
Killjoy
am_I_OK?
May 21st, 2007 at 07:57am
why? oh WHY did they not put this song on their album?
It was a type of suicidal STUPIDITY!
I listened to the song about a week ago and I cried,
It really is a beautiful song,
But then again, I cry to all of their songs...
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
May 31st, 2007 at 10:11pm
'pray for me' is such a strong line. It's like he wants help. We should all go help him Very Happy GROUP HUG.
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
June 8th, 2007 at 04:29pm
Gerard'sAngel:
HopelessHeart217:
is MCR religious?
to a degree i think they are, but after all that has happened their faith has been tested and stretched a decent bit......well gerard and mikey *were* raised catholic and frankie went to a catholic school...

Ur religious or your not. You believe in something or you dont.
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
June 9th, 2007 at 04:56pm
I just think it's about people in depression hoping for someone to help them. I don't think it's even directly connected to religion.

Because "Heaven help US now". It's a message for anyone whose gone through rough patches. Maybe wondering where Heaven and God were when they needed to believe.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 08:41pm
^ thats a way better summary then i could come up with. also you can't really tell someones faith without knowing them actually
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 08:41pm
^ thats a way better summary then i could come up with. also you can't really tell someones faith without knowing them actually
sorry i accidently double posted.
Bellacide
Awake and Unafraid
Bellacide
June 16th, 2007 at 03:53am
When I first heard this song, I thought it was something aimed toward a plea to the Heavens to help this fucked up world.
But he[gerard] decides that even though he asked for help everyone was going to burn in hell anyways because no one is going to save them(you dont know a thing about my sins, how the misery begins, you dont know, so I'm burning, I'm burning).

ahh, that's all I could think of without rambling about the existance of religion or stuff like that. I'm not very good at dechipering lyrics or poems. =/
firephoenix0013
Killjoy
firephoenix0013
June 18th, 2007 at 02:13pm
Hear the sound - listen
The angels come screaming
Down your voice
I hear you've been bleeding - The angels are mourning your pain/hurt/suffering

Make your choice - As in live or die, heaven or hell
They say you've been pleading
"Someone save us" - The person speaking (probably Gerard) doesn't believe in God. They are calling for someone to save them, anyone human or heavenly, and they're not calling on God specificly

Heaven help us now
Come crashing down - Bring paradise. Bring heaven down to Earth.
We hear the sound
As you're falling down - You fall to your knees to pray. He hears paradise is near(er) when he prays

In this old hotel - MCR is still playing with the horror movies. Hotels are always the source of death or the end. He's either dying inside or outside or is at the end of his rope
Can't tell if I've been breathing, or sleeping, or waiting
For the man to call
Or maybe all of the above - He doesn't know what he's doing. He just waiting for God to call on him.

'Cause mostly I've been
Spralled on these cathedral step
While spitting out the blood and screaming - I take this as a Catholic point of view because I think Elena Rush (their grandma) was Catholic. Catholics has confession where they confess their sins to the priest. The blood is probably refering to his sins or what he takes as his wrongdoings.
"Someone save us" - This isn't satisfying his spiritual needs so he's still calling for someone to save him.

And will you pray for me?
Or make me say your name? - Talking to Jesus or God. He doesn't quite believe in either of them so he wants to know if he has to address them when he prays/
And will you lay for me? - He's asking Jesus to die for his sins.
And make a saint of me? - He's asking to have his soul made immortal in Heaven when he dies.

'Cause I'll give you
All the nails you need
Cover me in gasoline - The tone changes. He's no longer begging for forgiveness from the heavens. He's telling Jesus he can die all he wants for his sins, but he'll never going to erase certain sins/guilt and they're going to be fuel for him burning in hell
Wipe away those tears of blood again - Some Catholic statues of the Virgin Mary are known to cry tears of blood. The Virgin is a big part of being Catholic, so he's telling Mary/God/Jesus not to cry for him. The tears of blood could also refer to pain/suffering/hurt/

You don't know a thing about my sins
Or how the misery begins - He's telling the priest/Mary/God/Jesus that they don't know anything about his sins or his miseries or how they began.
You don't know a thing
So I'm burning, burning - No one knows anything so no one can help him. Finally he says, "screw this. I'll burn in hell anyway."

So I'll give you all the nails you need
Cover me in gasoline again - Jesus can die all he wants, but the sins he's covered with are gonna add fuel to the fire in hell.
firephoenix0013
Killjoy
firephoenix0013
June 18th, 2007 at 02:36pm
sparklinggrey:
Gerard'sAngel:
HopelessHeart217:
is MCR religious?
to a degree i think they are, but after all that has happened their faith has been tested and stretched a decent bit......well gerard and mikey *were* raised catholic and frankie went to a catholic school...

Ur religious or your not. You believe in something or you dont.

In a interview, Mikey and Gerard say they no longer practice the religion
morphine
Killjoy
morphine
July 2nd, 2007 at 08:26pm
im thinking its about the end of the world
and they want to be saved or helped
or maybe he wants some1 close to him to be saved "i here u'v been bleeding"
idk thats what I think
erm i have a question
why do u all think its always about gerard
like "omg! gerard this and gerard that"
why cant it be like some1 else for a change
like edgar allen poe
his storys wernt about him they were about fictional ppls
back to mcr
maybe gerard was going threw a rough spot and he was having a hard time
but thats in the past
maybe his songs arnt ALWAYS about him
sure Helena was
but for once why dont we all step back and take a good look at the lyrics and think
hey maybe thats about some1 else
jeez
i dont think gerard is THAT self centered to where ALL of his song are about him
what are u gonna do when he writes a song about suicide
"OMG GERARD IS GONNA KILL HIM SELF WE HAVE TO TELL HIM WE LOVE HIM MORE"
some crap like that?
well for all u who think that
t(''t)
give mcr a break
they dont need all u teenie jacking w/ them
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
July 2nd, 2007 at 10:09pm
Gerard write the lyrics (at least for the most part) and he's said something like "You have to write about what you've gone through". That isn't exactly right, but it was something along those lines.

I think it's kind of out of line for you to call people on the thread teenies because they suggested it might have some relation to Gerard.
CarryingOn23
Killjoy
CarryingOn23
July 2nd, 2007 at 10:42pm
I've heard that this song is about Joan of Arc. Which makes sense imo.
How true it actually is that Gerard meant it that way, I have no idea. But I like thinking about it that way. And I know Gerard thinks she's really cool and looks up to her.
But I think it could also be about religion. I don't think Gerard necessarily follows a specific religion or believes in 'God' persay. But I do think he believes in 'a higher power'. And I think this song could be a direct cry that this world needs help.
killyourfriends1
Killjoy
killyourfriends1
July 4th, 2007 at 05:39am
I think it's about the end of the world, or about some kid(teen) who's life has just "taken a plunge down the shit-hole" as my mom would say, and the teen is imagining a conversation wit his/her gaurdian angel.

The end of the world reasons:

"Hear the sound
The angels come screaming"- it's kinda like the nuclear bomb coming down, i think.
"Heaven help us now
Come crashing down
And hear the sound
As your falling down"- Gerard is asking someone, not anybody in particular, to come and save everyone, bringing heaven onto the earth.
"But I can’t tell if I’ve been breathing or sleeping or screaming or waiting
For the man to call or maybe
All of the above"- he has been waiting for a while to get some sort of sign.
"Someone save us"- as i said, he's calling out to someone, not god, or jesus, just anybody who can save us.
"And will you pray for me
Make them say your name
Will you lay for me
And make a saint of–"- it sounds like, in the song, he has died or he isn't doing well, because of the way the music is playing(its all peaceful and then it gets all rock again.)
"Cover me in gasoline
Wipe away those tears of blood again"- he knows that no matter how many times jesus dies for everybody's sins, nobody will be saved. and as for the tears of blood, in staues and paintings Mary is crying tears of blood.
"And the punch line to the joke is asking
Someone save us" - Gerard realizes that nobody is going to help us.
"You don’t know a thing about my sins
How the misery begins
You don’t know"- i think gee got pissed off at a priest

depressed teen w/ gaurdian angel:

"Hear the sound
The angels come screaming
Down your voice
I hear you’ve been bleeding
Make your choice
They say you’ve been pleading"- the angel is starting the conversation
"Someone save us"- teen is asking the angel to help him/her.
"Heaven help us now
Come crashing down
And hear the sound
As your falling down"- teen expands on the phrase 'somone save us' for the angel.
"Cause mostly I’ve been sprawled on these cathedral steps
While spitting out the blood and screaming
Someone save us"- teen tried to kill himself/herself(jumped off a cathedral roof) but just got really badly hurt, and started asking for help from angel.
"And will you pray for me
Make them say your name
Will you lay for me
And make a saint of–"- teen died in the hospital, from the fall, while talking to someone she/he deeply cares about, asking the loved one to pray for him/her so he/she could get better, therefore getting cut off of the phrase ' and make a saint of-'

i think.......
Bartowski.
Demolition Lover
Bartowski.
August 7th, 2007 at 03:04am
*Brings Topic Back From The Dead*

This song to me is about asking God to help you even though you feel so lost from Him at the moment.
The line "And the punchline to the joke is asking, someone save us" means thinking "What am I doing, how could I be forgiven?"
"I'm at this old hotel, but can't tell if I've been breathing or sleeping or screaming or waiting for the man to call" sounds like being stuck in the haunted hotel, or any tough situation, and not knowing if you're about to die.
The end of the song (You don't know a thing about my sins, I'm burning...) means refusing to believe that you can be saved.
All in all, it's a beautiful song, that's open to interpritation.
followill.
In The Murder Scene
followill.
August 8th, 2007 at 02:11pm
oh I love this song! I think it means he needs help from god or well heaven!Smile