Don't have an account? Create one!

Heaven Help Us

AuthorMessage
ghosted.
Jazz Hands
ghosted.
April 18th, 2008 at 10:21am
I'm gonna go with the whole "struggling with faith" theme.
As for if their Christian or not I don't think they are what you'd call Christians.
But I do think unleast Gerard, if not the rest of the band, understands there is something greater up there and maybe down below too.

(No pun intended.)

Laughing
frankluvsgerard69
Killjoy
frankluvsgerard69
April 22nd, 2008 at 12:32pm
Hey im a fan girl and i love Frank=Gerard=Frerard...
i think this song is about Gerard's loss in faith.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 27th, 2008 at 01:53pm
It should also be noted that in protest to the Vietnam War Buddhist Monks burned themselves to death in the streets of Saigon to show their contempt for their bodies and the horrors of warfare. I don't know if Gerard knew this but it certainly can be tied in with the verse "Cover me with Gasoline!" ~ Rex
Lustful Blood
Killjoy
Lustful Blood
June 13th, 2008 at 06:25pm
I agree with what everyone is saying. He is in a mind -struggling conflict wether he believes in God and Heaven to be in existence. At one point in the song he believes he will be going to hell, But I think we will never know the true answer.
I personally think a great person like Gerard Way is going to go to Heaven Smile
hayxapple
Killjoy
hayxapple
June 17th, 2008 at 12:11pm
This is one of my favorite songs they have ever made. Me and my friend have been writing it all over the school, its kind of funny. I think its just about Gerard and having hope and stuff. He wants the world to be a peaceful place, but its far from it.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
June 18th, 2008 at 10:34pm
^Most definatly, he's saved more people than any evengelical could ever hope for lol.
McR-Dead!-Hearse
Killjoy
McR-Dead!-Hearse
July 6th, 2008 at 11:04am
Hey, i read some of the ideas on the first page and on this page,....not all of them...
it's ok to ask God to save us, but i think Gerard shouldn't have insulted Jesus (i'll give u all the nails u need)
but after all, Gerard and the other McR members, believe in God,(although Frank said if there is a God, i think he just wanted to be impressive or ..or questionable for criticizers) i think...
cuz Gerard believes that sometimes we feel nothing at all, and we[all of humans] feel we're depressed and wanna kill ourselves, but we shouldn't do it, [as their lyrics say].
and Gerard says something about "rising from the ashes " when we feel bad, depressed and wanna do suicide.
"rise from the ashes"====> This is one of the original sentences that is existent in the Holy Bible.Jesus says that the only way to enter God's imperial[heaven] is rising from your ashes.
he means that it helps us if we feel empty or a sinner, we just have God and can ask him to save us.
despite of being a little unsure about Jesus [ in the lyrics] , the sound of the music and the notes are arranged in a way which does NOT give the listener a bad or wild sense, I mean at least the sound of the instrumentals doesn't make us disappointed.or don't give an atheist's feeling, i guess.
well, hear me!!!listen to me!!!
today is July 6th,2008, and now I'm telling you, that I'm sure My Chemical Romance WILL have a few [at least a couple] songs about God, and [perhaps] Jesus Christ in their next [4th,officially] album which may come out in 2009 or 2010.[ and as I know, they'll back into 'punk']
and those songs will have a great possitive feeling and a good sense about God.and all of their songs in the future will have a great sense of hope and being good to life.
their songs HAVE BEEN hopeful and + , but you had to FEEL it, it wasn't so clear[ sometimes]
but now, since the tragic of Hannah Bond has taken place [and after about 1.5 months ago], McR wanna show the world how + they think.
and today is July 6th,2008...here is my opinion.
I hope it will come true....
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
July 7th, 2008 at 03:07am
^Wow, a little rant IS nice every now and then. I'm not so sure I agree that there is an "insult to Jesus." When Gerard sings "I'll give you all the nails you need" I always thought he was singing about himself, He wants to have the nails used on him (crucified.) I always thought it was a general reference to the lives of saints and the horde torture Christians in general went thought in it's early days.

Well NOW today is July 7th 2008 and I'm happy to hear your hope of future positive songs. I'm not sure they will be spiritual in nature, but it's not a bad thought. Thought I can almost be sure, that MCR will not get all Jesus on us. I don't think I would be a fan of mY eVANGELICAL rOMANCE.
xBlckIsTheKissx
Killjoy
xBlckIsTheKissx
July 15th, 2008 at 10:18pm
HTML
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
July 16th, 2008 at 09:21am
Maybe he's dying, and I guess his human instint wants to believe that there's someplace or or someone some hope for him , but logically, he does not believe in it. His logic and his basic hauman emotional needs for spirituality are crashing down upon him. And it's making him more confused as he dies.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
July 16th, 2008 at 09:28am
Why would someone say that it's an insult to jesus? It most likely just rreflects the artist's views on stuff, and you can't change what he thinks.
superhumangorilla
Jazz Hands
superhumangorilla
July 21st, 2008 at 12:30am
I don't mean to sound mean, but Jesus is kind of dead, so even if Gerard was insulting him, I don't think he can do much about it.
I doubt he would though.
MCR hate discrimination, don't they?
They'd never insult someone elses beliefs.
It's hypocritical to everything the 'stand for'.
Heaven-Help-Me
Bleeding on the Floor
Heaven-Help-Me
July 27th, 2008 at 09:25pm
I read through this thread, and Im surprised no one has mentioned Interview With a Vampire by Anne Rice. Listening to the song after reading it, you will get completely freaked out. Im goning to use tiny-text, because of spoilers in the lyrics.

Hear the sound-Vampires in this book have advanced hearing, to the extreme
Down your voice-again, advanced hearing, vampires can talk, and you would never hear them, but other vampires would.
I hear you’ve been bleeding-you can only be made a vampire after you have been bled to the point of death
Make your choice-Louis was given the choice of being a vampire
They say you’ve been pleading-he was pleading for death

And at this old hotel-They stay in hotels alot, and often they are old
Cause mostly I’ve been sprawled on these cathedral steps
While spitting out the blood and screaming-He ends up drinking the blood of a priest, and then feels bad about it.

And will you pray for me-Louis has trouble with his faith
‘Cause I’ll give you all the nails you need-to nail your coffin shut, and kill a vampire
Cover me in gasoline-they can only be killed by fire
Wipe away those tears of blood again-they cry tears tinted with blood

You don’t know a thing about my sins-He thinks he's a devil because he is a vampire
So I’m burning, I’m burning-again, kill a vampire by fire

xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
July 29th, 2008 at 12:56pm
I believe that Gerard is trying to decide whether or not he belives in God or not.
You_Wont_FEel_aTHing
Killjoy
You_Wont_FEel_aTHing
July 31st, 2008 at 12:19am
I think that this song is a commentary on the current state of the world. There is only one thing that could possibly get us out of the hole we've dug ourselves and that, is a miracle.

~ I hear you've been bleeding... they say you've been pleading~

i get these thougths about the evangelists on Tv talking about how the things that we do dissapoints God when i hear that.

This is my favorite MCR song (even thought its just a Bside) because of the imagery that i get from it. There are some strong references to Cathlotic religion in it i think. From what little i know about Cathlotic religion.

This doesnt have anything to do with meanings but everytime i hear the begining i think of angels like shooting out of the sky over this burning cathedral.
But such is my imagination...
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 31st, 2008 at 02:29am
KingRex:
It should also be noted that in protest to the Vietnam War Buddhist Monks burned themselves to death in the streets of Saigon to show their contempt for their bodies and the horrors of warfare. I don't know if Gerard knew this but it certainly can be tied in with the verse "Cover me with Gasoline!" ~ Rex

Very interesting fact, we'll probably never know if Gerard was aware of that.

I agree with the whole religious/struggling with faith idea. To me it just sounds like a very spiritual song, that's probably why I like it so much. I hope they do have more songs like this in the future, even if it's just more B-sides.

Also, is it just me or does the beginning of the song sound like a christmas carol? I'm positive I've heard that tune before but I can't remember where.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 31st, 2008 at 02:30am
-ignore-
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
August 10th, 2008 at 07:54pm
i think this song is about mocking the (catholic?) church or maybe talking about how much they dont care. 1, it reminds me of a christmas carol i cant remember the title of (anyone think so? i wish i knew what the title was). 2, the song lyrics say he is sitting on the cathedral steps asking for someone to save him but no one will help. maybe its a reference to the good samaritan bible story. but hey, thats just my input.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 11th, 2008 at 06:04am
I think its kinda like od Rest Ye Marry Gentleman in a weird way, the christmas carol, some versions of that song on like the piano are kinda almost deep and huanting, then like in the 3 verse, it reminds me of like what a catholic church might play during a time of mourning (with the guitars) they use that alot in their songs if you notice
cyAb6a
Salute You in Your Grave
cyAb6a
August 11th, 2008 at 01:11pm
I agree, this song is definantly about him doubting the existance of a God, however, I personally am a strong believer