Don't have an account? Create one!

Heaven Help Us

AuthorMessage
DAMoN1027
Killjoy
DAMoN1027
November 20th, 2007 at 09:51am
Its probably been said, but I believe the song is about the world going to hell right now, and that he is crying how for heaven to save us, and for angels to come help us. But at the same time, he is questioning if there is even a heaven, god, or something that can save us from the world at the moment. Great song.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 22nd, 2007 at 01:02am
I'm glad this song makes people think. Gerard's always been wrestling with the existence of God...this song voices a lot of people's doubts in God. Whover said they've prayed for MCR to find God...I hope they do one day. Then I wonder what their songs will turn out like ahahah.
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
November 24th, 2007 at 07:25pm
To me, this song is about a relationship between two people, one of them being suicidal [lets just say this relationship is between a man and a woman, to save confusion]

And will you pray for me?
Or make a saint of me?
And will you lay for me?
Or make a saint of?

The suicidal man is asking the woman if she will be the one to save him, and asking her if she would do anything for him.[And will you lay for me?]

Cause I'll give you all the nails you need
Cover me in gasoline
Wipe away those tears of blood again

He's saying "please kill me" to her, he's hurting himself so much he's crying tears of blood, but shes wiping them away again & again, trying to make him feel better.

Heaven help us now
Come crashing down
We'll hear the sound
As you fall

He's asking for someone, be it God, close friend, counsellor, i have no clue, to save their relationship. [Heaven help us now] And even if it's the most devastating way possible,[Come crashing down] if it causes harm to others, they'll recognise it as a sign that they should keep this relationship alive. [We'll hear the sound as you fall]

Finally [Tehe]
(You don't know a thing about my sins
How the misery begins
You don't know
So I'm burning, I'm burning)

He's saying how even though the woman is trying desperately to save this guy, to stop him being suicidal, she doesn't know about his past, the things he's done, what happened etc etc (You don't know a thing about my sins, how the misery begins) to make him this depressed. And because of this, she doesn't know the proper way to help him, so he's gonna kill himself soon. (You don't know, so I'm burning, I'm burning)
little monster.
Full of Ephedrine
little monster.
November 29th, 2007 at 10:08am
Dancing to your death:
yeah i agree with that, but i also feel it's a bit of a speculation about the state of the world and how people act. alot of the time they look to shift blame rather than taking responsibility themsleves, or pray for god to help them rather than do anything productive in order to lend a hand to the good of the world. if everyone worked for it, half the problems in the world could be eradicated and wouldn't exist, but instead we sit and complain and want god or someone else to do it. especialy with terrorism and famine.

just my thoughts

I agree.
FellDownFromPlague
Killjoy
FellDownFromPlague
December 1st, 2007 at 07:54pm
i agree with heartquake.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
December 8th, 2007 at 01:55pm
Dancing to your death:
yeah i agree with that, but i also feel it's a bit of a speculation about the state of the world and how people act. alot of the time they look to shift blame rather than taking responsibility themsleves, or pray for god to help them rather than do anything productive in order to lend a hand to the good of the world. if everyone worked for it, half the problems in the world could be eradicated and wouldn't exist, but instead we sit and complain and want god or someone else to do it. especialy with terrorism and famine.

just my thoughts

Yeah, you have a point. When something bad happens that's out of everyone's control, no one really wants to admit to themselves that the situation is hopeless, so they create 'one last hope' in their mind to comfort themselves, and that makes them feel good. But honestly if you think about biology class, everthing(or most things) happen for a solid reason, and they require a solid solution.

If you don't want to do something to get something, and you just sit and pray to have "God" give it to you, well sitting down and praying isn't gonna get you anything, but it's a lot easier than doing something.

I have many ideas, but I think that people create "God" in their minds. And they name "him" too. Just a thought. Disgust Tehe Neutral
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
December 11th, 2007 at 04:55am
and the punch line to the joke is asking someone save us . thats so ,, strong you know. mcr are like artist and they have away of saying million words in one sentance eaven though its only like 5 words:s
MyChemicalTragedy
Killjoy
MyChemicalTragedy
December 14th, 2007 at 08:54am
Gerard'sAngel:
HopelessHeart217:
is MCR religious?
to a degree i think they are, but after all that has happened their faith has been tested and stretched a decent bit......well gerard and mikey *were* raised catholic and frankie went to a catholic school...

in an interview with Rocksound i think it was gerard says "Yeah i believe in god and all that stuff"
DISENCHANTED_ROX
Killjoy
DISENCHANTED_ROX
December 16th, 2007 at 07:56pm
i think the song is about someone who isnt sure if there is a god.

will you pray for me
will you make a saint of me
will you lay for me

it sounds like hes questioning god.as if he wants to no that if god would do any of these things for him/her.maybe then him/her will feel cinvinced.

make your choice
they say youve been pleading
someone save us.

it sounds like this person is confused whether to belive in god or not.it sounds like they pray for god but at the same time isnt sure if god exsists or not but wants god to help them

and throught the rest of the song it just sounds like someone whi is questioning is there a god or not becuz i need and want to know.well thats wat i think
MyChemicalTragedy
Killjoy
MyChemicalTragedy
December 17th, 2007 at 09:46am
pm me if you agree or disagree with this message

The song is about judgement day and everyone going to heaven or hell whether they are saved or not.

the lyrics saying "And at this old hotel
But I can’t tell if I’ve been breathing or sleeping or screaming or waiting
For the man to call or maybe
All of the above"
is reffering to Jean-Paul Sartre's play Huis Clos (Otherwise known as "No Exit). it is set in hell and hell is in the form of a hotel. Garcin, in the play, continues to bang on the door and scream for the valet to come so he isnt lonely.
Fishy Fret
Killjoy
Fishy Fret
January 2nd, 2008 at 01:16am
I don't know... whenever I hear this song I imagine like a war between heaven & hell. Like with Michael & Lucifer.
Also that the human race is in the middle of this and theres a man asking for help.
:/ My idea.
apathy.urgency
Killjoy
apathy.urgency
January 7th, 2008 at 12:02am
Melodramatic.:
Wow. Niiice...Very Happy
I always thought it was very religious.
Honestly, I thought it was either....A) He's mocking religion, or B) He wants to be religious.
>.> But you guys are better at this.

i thought it was just him mocking it. i mean after all the non religious stuff hes had in the songs its kinda hard to go the other way
vam_phire
Killjoy
vam_phire
January 11th, 2008 at 08:15am
i think this song is about 9/11.
its really sad... talkin about "crashin down" "angels screamin"
but i luv the song
superhumangorilla
Jazz Hands
superhumangorilla
January 26th, 2008 at 05:58am
I think it's about Joan of Arc b/cos of the lines where it says "I'm burning" - Joan of Arc was burned to death wasn't she? and it mentions saints and angels and all that...
(during the making of the black parade gerard went through a phase where he was OBSESSED with joan of arc)
jessie.
Salute You in Your Grave
jessie.
January 30th, 2008 at 10:30am
Oh.....so it isnt about a giant marshmallow rampaging from New York City in a quest for a female companion?
superhumangorilla
Jazz Hands
superhumangorilla
February 1st, 2008 at 09:44pm
^^ lol
For some reason, I just can't see Gee writing a song like that!
CheesyJoe
Killjoy
CheesyJoe
February 11th, 2008 at 03:26am
Okay well, I have unravelled all the mystery to the BIGGEST mystery in this song, at the end where he says 'I'll give you all the nails you need, Cover me in gasoline' He is actually NOT giving up on what he just sang about beforehand, in case you haven't noticed, preists used to anoint people in oil/petrol/GASOLINE when getting their sins forgiven, I'm pretty sure you all have a fair idea of where I'm getting at, Cover me in gasoline, In a rough translation - Anoint me in oil, get it Smile

I'm Good! Very Happy
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
April 7th, 2008 at 04:18am
MyChemicalTragedy:
pm me if you agree or disagree with this message

The song is about judgement day and everyone going to heaven or hell whether they are saved or not.

the lyrics saying "And at this old hotel
But I can’t tell if I’ve been breathing or sleeping or screaming or waiting
For the man to call or maybe
All of the above"
is reffering to Jean-Paul Sartre's play Huis Clos (Otherwise known as "No Exit). it is set in hell and hell is in the form of a hotel. Garcin, in the play, continues to bang on the door and scream for the valet to come so he isnt lonely.

that is interesting & thanks for the trivia.

this is one of my fave songs in Mychem history, & that was *before* i looked up the meaning! now i love it more than ever

the imagery is so vivid - & i do think that the chances of gerard picking it up from this particular work is very high, considering he's such an avid reader.
Emerald Muerte
Bleeding on the Floor
Emerald Muerte
April 13th, 2008 at 02:44am
DAMoN1027:
Its probably been said, but I believe the song is about the world going to hell right now, and that he is crying how for heaven to save us, and for angels to come help us. But at the same time, he is questioning if there is even a heaven, god, or something that can save us from the world at the moment. Great song.

I agree. And i really can relate to this song in that way. Gawd, My Chem produce such amazing songs!
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
April 15th, 2008 at 07:36pm
superhumangorilla:
I think it's about Joan of Arc b/cos of the lines where it says "I'm burning" - Joan of Arc was burned to death wasn't she? and it mentions saints and angels and all that...
(during the making of the black parade gerard went through a phase where he was OBSESSED with joan of arc)

Hey I think you're right!
I never thought about it that way before.