Don't have an account? Create one!

Heaven Help Us

AuthorMessage
Kira Lawliet
Fabulous Killjoy
Kira Lawliet
March 3rd, 2007 at 10:31pm
You all are so awsome at interpreting songs. I also really think Heaven Help Us has obvious reigious-based lyrics.(So does The River by Good Charlotte, I think) I love this song, and my favorite parts are the chorus and when Gerard sings "Someone save us!"<3
F'n'stein xo
Salute You in Your Grave
F'n'stein xo
March 5th, 2007 at 10:44am
Roxx my Soxx:
I'm actually listening to this song right now. And it's on repeat... XD

But anyways, I have two theories. One of which has already been stated but I'm going to phrase it in my own words... I think that this song is of him trying to hold strong in his faith. It could mean that he's like "Oh God. I want to believe but how can I with everything you've put me through?" He's kinda blaming God for his sins and wrong-doings. Hence the entire concept of the song. He is begging and pleading for Heaven (a metaphor which represents God or Jesus) to help him. And at the same time he has resentment. Hence "Come crashing down." Instead of saying "Come down" he says "Come crashing down" as if to say "Crash and burn. Fall, I want you to feel the pain I'm feeling."

Secondly, (this is kind of a stretch but) I think he could be coming from the point of view of Jesus. Kind of like a modern day messiah. I think this because it seems like a plea from Jesus. "The angels come screaming" is an allusion to the Bible. When they were about to crucify Jesus, God told him that all he had to do was say the word and God would send down the angels to destroy the world and stop the sacrifice. Also the lyrics "And make a saint of me. 'Cause I'll give you all the nails you need," It's like Jesus saying "Make a saint of me by killing me for what I believe in. For being a martyr." He's also saying "Kill me because I'm trying to save you from and of your sins." "I hear you've been pleading someone save us" can represent his understanding of the world's need and want to be saved. "But I can't tell if I've been breathing or sleeping or screaming or waiting for the man to call and maybe all of the above. 'Cause mostly I've been sprawled on these cathedral steps while spitting out the blood and screaming someone save us." I preceive that as Jesus right before he is about to go on the walk to his death. He is delusional and he can't tell what exactly is going on. "The man" is his father, God. He is being constantly beaten and when he falls (lets say he fell on some church steps) as he is holding the cross on his back he is spitting out blood and screaming in pain to God. "Someone save us." And when he says "You don't know a thing about my sins or how the misery begins. You don't know." This is saying "You think I have sinned but I am pure. You don't know how much pain and misery you are putting me through right now. But it's all for you." And when he says "So I'm burning. I'm burning," it's when after Jesus died and went to hell to get a key from Satan. That's why it towards the end of the song because the song tells a story in chronological order.

My knowledge of the Bible helped me a lot with my interpretation of this song. This is one of the only songs that I can actually visualize...
But that just what I think...

I love your interpetation. I could actually see what you're saying. I agree with you . I wouldn't never been able to come with that but i think it hits it right in the nail.
technicolor.
Demolition Lover
technicolor.
March 5th, 2007 at 04:52pm
fullmetalfreek:
WHAT!?!??!!? CMR HAS A SONG CALLED HEVEAN HELP US!??!?!?!?!?!?! i havent heard it!!!! Crying or Very sad

lol its a great song.

i believe you can find it on itunes or limewire.
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
March 6th, 2007 at 12:59am
revengeisbittersweet:
fullmetalfreek:
WHAT!?!??!!? CMR HAS A SONG CALLED HEVEAN HELP US!??!?!?!?!?!?! i havent heard it!!!! Crying or Very sad

lol its a great song.

It was a B-side to the WTTBP single, I think.
Please next time ask here, because in this section it's considered spam.
phantom_inthe_summer
Killjoy
phantom_inthe_summer
March 6th, 2007 at 07:10pm
It's one of my favorite songs! I can't get it outta my head.
nokax_lyzard
Killjoy
nokax_lyzard
March 11th, 2007 at 08:09am
Ok, it's kind of hard to figure out what this song means, but I think it's about changing...
Ok, remember "thak you for the venom" where Gee says that he keeps a gun in the bible, etc... It's easy to see that he doesn't go with that stuff...
Since Gee stoped drinking and taking drugs, he's been trying to turn all upside down. His hair was long and black, he changed it to short and white, and lots of other things changed... I think that with this song he's trying to make a point, to make the biggest change he can, that is, say in one song, the opposite of what he said in all the others...
and in the song, he does say it's a joke... I think that it means it's not worth it...

I don't know... what i do know is that gee wouldn't make it so easy to understand... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kel.suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
kel.suicide
March 11th, 2007 at 03:13pm
i thought it was written about when gerard and the rest of my chemical romance were living in the haunted mansion in LA, and how everything was going wrong. like mikey was getting depressed, gerard was having night terrors, and they all thought that they weren't going to get through it.

so, i thought that gerard was literally saying, heaven help us. as in, heaven help us get through this.
Jersie.
Killjoy
Jersie.
March 15th, 2007 at 04:23am
suzi; bitchcakes.:
It's about his unsureness about God, maybe. He's going through a tough patch in his life and is questioning the existance of God. And now for doubting, he's afraid he's going to hell.

You don't know a thing about my sins
How the misery begins
You don't know
So I'm burning, I'm burning.

Basically, he's asking, "God, if you're there, save us."

...Someone save us.

Heaven help us now.
Come crashing down
And hear the sound
As you fall.

I'm feeling a bit of resentment towards Jesus in these lyrics.

And would you pray for me. (He knows God wants him on his side)
And make me say your name. (Though he doesn't want to...he's being forced into it.)
And will you lay for me. (Jesus dying for him.)
And make a saint of me. (Considering conforming...? He's trying to decide if he should repent and become pious.)
Cause I'll give you all the nails you need. ("Go ahead Jesus, be crucified." )
Cover me in gasoline again. (Aww, screw it, I'm gonna burn in hell anyway.)

This is clearly him wrestling with religion. Perhaps he's trying to decide if he should become a reformed sinner.

[size=80]wow. i totally agree. great wording! haha. Very Happy

i do believe they are religous to an extent hmm..idk.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
March 31st, 2007 at 01:38pm
Wow, I figured the song was pretty self-explanatory until I read the posts. Now I'm not so sure. I think I would agree with the people who said that this song could be from Jesus' point of view, possibly when he was in the Garden of Gethsemane (the night before his crucifixion), when he was so nervous, he was sweating great drops of blood, and pleading for there to be some other way.

I now have a whole new respect for this song.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 18th, 2007 at 07:56pm
i think the song is about ,if jesus and god is real then why cant they save him??.
he's paceacly crying for help,a sign!
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 18th, 2007 at 07:57pm
nokax_lyzard:
Ok, it's kind of hard to figure out what this song means, but I think it's about changing...
Ok, remember "thak you for the venom" where Gee says that he keeps a gun in the bible, etc... It's easy to see that he doesn't go with that stuff...
Since Gee stoped drinking and taking drugs, he's been trying to turn all upside down. His hair was long and black, he changed it to short and white, and lots of other things changed... I think that with this song he's trying to make a point, to make the biggest change he can, that is, say in one song, the opposite of what he said in all the others...
and in the song, he does say it's a joke... I think that it means it's not worth it...

I don't know... what i do know is that gee wouldn't make it so easy to understand... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

wow thats a grate thery man!
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 18th, 2007 at 07:59pm
Hey Italy.:
fullmetalfreek:

lol its a great song.

ITS A FREEKING UNBELEVABLY GOOD SONG
miss may; ballroom
Bleeding on the Floor
miss may; ballroom
April 18th, 2007 at 10:27pm
I personally don't think it's quite about a personal struggle with God. I don't think it's about people leaving the Church. I find it to be sarcastic, satirical. To me, it sounds like something someone would write saying, "You go ahead being religious and finding yourself better than the rest of us; we don't care. You can make me a martyr, and it won't change a thing." Maybe I see it this way because I'm critical and cynical of the Church, but maybe not.

I also think we can never really know what songs are really written about unless we ask the person who wrote them. A song may seem to be OBVIOUSLY about something to you, but it may have actually been written about something totally different. For all we know, this song could be about cheese-graters.
Illuminatist
Salute You in Your Grave
Illuminatist
April 20th, 2007 at 09:52pm
for me this song is about these people who acts religious but arent really living a chirstian life...they preached and preached but they themselves are not good examples of being a religous leader..i hope im making sense here

I'm at this old hotel
But can't tell if I've been breathing or sleeping
Or screaming or waiting for the man to call
And maybe all of the above
Cause mostly I've been sprawled on these cathedral steps
While spitting out the blood and screaming
"Someone save us!
- its like these people is somehow doubtful if God really exist

"And will you pray for me?
Or make a saint of me?
And will you lay for me?
Or make a saint of?"
- these people is asking their family/friends if they will pray for them once theyre dead or make a saint becasue of how they portrays being a religious and all..

Cause I'll give you all the nails you need
Cover me in gasoline
Wipe away those tears of blood again
- this is like a religious person telling his follower to just kill him because he lied to them being their leader

"And the punchline to the joke is asking
Someone save us"
- its a mockery for those religious people
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
May 6th, 2007 at 02:56am
i dunno why, but it reminds me of the christmas carol, the first Nowell.
i dont know why
it has nothing to do with it
not-a-pIEROmaniac
Killjoy
not-a-pIEROmaniac
May 6th, 2007 at 11:13am
Slightly off-topic, but I'm seeing a lot of lyrics that are...well...wrong. Unless you've heard other versions or something...=/
firephoenix0013
Killjoy
firephoenix0013
May 10th, 2007 at 04:35pm
from suzi in ghost.:
It's about his unsureness about God, maybe. He's going through a tough patch in his life and is questioning the existance of God. And now for doubting, he's afraid he's going to hell.

You don't know a thing about my sins
How the misery begins
You don't know
So I'm burning, I'm burning.

Basically, he's asking, "God, if you're there, save us."

...Someone save us.

Heaven help us now.
Come crashing down
And hear the sound
As you fall.

I'm feeling a bit of resentment towards Jesus in these lyrics.

And would you pray for me. (He knows God wants him on his side)
And make me say your name. (Though he doesn't want to...he's being forced into it.)
And will you lay for me. (Jesus dying for him.)
And make a saint of me. (Considering conforming...? He's trying to decide if he should repent and become pious.)
Cause I'll give you all the nails you need. ("Go ahead Jesus, be crucified." )
Cover me in gasoline again. (Aww, screw it, I'm gonna burn in hell anyway.)

This is clearly him wrestling with religion. Perhaps he's trying to decide if he should become a reformed sinner.

I totally agree.

(Just random, but tweak a few lyrics as you could actually sing it in church)
seraphina0013
Killjoy
seraphina0013
May 10th, 2007 at 05:28pm
i think this song is abt gerard's faith. his grandmother elena was supposidly cathlic (the rosary on the CD for 3 cheers is hers) and gee and mikey were raised christian but fell "out of practice"
seraphina0013
Killjoy
seraphina0013
May 10th, 2007 at 05:33pm
Roxx my Soxx:
I'm actually listening to this song right now. And it's on repeat... XD

But anyways, I have two theories. One of which has already been stated but I'm going to phrase it in my own words... I think that this song is of him trying to hold strong in his faith. It could mean that he's like "Oh God. I want to believe but how can I with everything you've put me through?" He's kinda blaming God for his sins and wrong-doings. Hence the entire concept of the song. He is begging and pleading for Heaven (a metaphor which represents God or Jesus) to help him. And at the same time he has resentment. Hence "Come crashing down." Instead of saying "Come down" he says "Come crashing down" as if to say "Crash and burn. Fall, I want you to feel the pain I'm feeling."

Secondly, (this is kind of a stretch but) I think he could be coming from the point of view of Jesus. Kind of like a modern day messiah. I think this because it seems like a plea from Jesus. "The angels come screaming" is an allusion to the Bible. When they were about to crucify Jesus, God told him that all he had to do was say the word and God would send down the angels to destroy the world and stop the sacrifice. Also the lyrics "And make a saint of me. 'Cause I'll give you all the nails you need," It's like Jesus saying "Make a saint of me by killing me for what I believe in. For being a martyr." He's also saying "Kill me because I'm trying to save you from and of your sins." "I hear you've been pleading someone save us" can represent his understanding of the world's need and want to be saved. "But I can't tell if I've been breathing or sleeping or screaming or waiting for the man to call and maybe all of the above. 'Cause mostly I've been sprawled on these cathedral steps while spitting out the blood and screaming someone save us." I preceive that as Jesus right before he is about to go on the walk to his death. He is delusional and he can't tell what exactly is going on. "The man" is his father, God. He is being constantly beaten and when he falls (lets say he fell on some church steps) as he is holding the cross on his back he is spitting out blood and screaming in pain to God. "Someone save us." And when he says "You don't know a thing about my sins or how the misery begins. You don't know." This is saying "You think I have sinned but I am pure. You don't know how much pain and misery you are putting me through right now. But it's all for you." And when he says "So I'm burning. I'm burning," it's when after Jesus died and went to hell to get a key from Satan. That's why it towards the end of the song because the song tells a story in chronological order.

My knowledge of the Bible helped me a lot with my interpretation of this song. This is one of the only songs that I can actually visualize...
But that just what I think...

i totally agree w/ u.
Kill Your Friends
Killjoy
Kill Your Friends
May 11th, 2007 at 08:24am
it sounds realy angry to me. duz ny1 agree?