Don't have an account? Create one!

Heaven Help Us

AuthorMessage
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 12th, 2008 at 10:47am
McR-Dead!-Hearse:
Hey, i read some of the ideas on the first page and on this page,....not all of them...
it's ok to ask God to save us, but i think Gerard shouldn't have insulted Jesus (i'll give u all the nails u need)
but after all, Gerard and the other McR members, believe in God,(although Frank said if there is a God, i think he just wanted to be impressive or ..or questionable for criticizers) i think...
cuz Gerard believes that sometimes we feel nothing at all, and we[all of humans] feel we're depressed and wanna kill ourselves, but we shouldn't do it, [as their lyrics say].
and Gerard says something about "rising from the ashes " when we feel bad, depressed and wanna do suicide.
"rise from the ashes"====> This is one of the original sentences that is existent in the Holy Bible.Jesus says that the only way to enter God's imperial[heaven] is rising from your ashes.
he means that it helps us if we feel empty or a sinner, we just have God and can ask him to save us.
despite of being a little unsure about Jesus [ in the lyrics] , the sound of the music and the notes are arranged in a way which does NOT give the listener a bad or wild sense, I mean at least the sound of the instrumentals doesn't make us disappointed.or don't give an atheist's feeling, i guess.
well, hear me!!!listen to me!!!
today is July 6th,2008, and now I'm telling you, that I'm sure My Chemical Romance WILL have a few [at least a couple] songs about God, and [perhaps] Jesus Christ in their next [4th,officially] album which may come out in 2009 or 2010.[ and as I know, they'll back into 'punk']
and those songs will have a great possitive feeling and a good sense about God.and all of their songs in the future will have a great sense of hope and being good to life.
their songs HAVE BEEN hopeful and + , but you had to FEEL it, it wasn't so clear[ sometimes]
but now, since the tragic of Hannah Bond has taken place [and after about 1.5 months ago], McR wanna show the world how + they think.
and today is July 6th,2008...here is my opinion.
I hope it will come true....

As far as I know, none of the guys are religious.
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
August 12th, 2008 at 02:10pm
My Dear Delirious:
I think its kinda like god Rest Ye Marry Gentleman in a weird way, the christmas carol, some versions of that song on like the piano are kinda almost deep and haunting, then like in the 3 verse, it reminds me of like what a catholic church might play during a time of mourning (with the guitars) they use that a lot in their songs if you notice

i totally agree. i'm catholic. they don't play that much guitar and drums, obviously, but i agree that they play a lot of haunting music during times of mourning. like during the time before easter sunday, you're not allowed to say alleluia because it is disrespectful or something. this song is a lot like god rest ye merry gentleman. that is weird.
Elmo Heart
Killjoy
Elmo Heart
August 13th, 2008 at 07:46am
Gerard often has night-terrors (frequent nightmares), especially about scenes of hell and the rapture. He's talking about a vision he's had of the end of the world
"Hear the sound; the angels come screaming down"
Kid-From-Yesterday
Killjoy
Kid-From-Yesterday
August 19th, 2008 at 11:39am
heartquakes.:
It's about his unsureness about God, maybe. He's going through a tough patch in his life and is questioning the existance of God. And now for doubting, he's afraid he's going to hell.

You don't know a thing about my sins
How the misery begins
You don't know
So I'm burning, I'm burning.

Basically, he's asking, "God, if you're there, save us."

...Someone save us.

Heaven help us now.
Come crashing down
And hear the sound
As you fall.

I'm feeling a bit of resentment towards Jesus in these lyrics.

And would you pray for me. (He knows God wants him on his side)
And make me say your name. (Though he doesn't want to...he's being forced into it.)
And will you lay for me. (Jesus dying for him.)
And make a saint of me. (Considering conforming...? He's trying to decide if he should repent and become pious.)
Cause I'll give you all the nails you need. ("Go ahead Jesus, be crucified." )
Cover me in gasoline again. (Aww, screw it, I'm gonna burn in hell anyway.)

This is clearly him wrestling with religion. Perhaps he's trying to decide if he should become a reformed sinner.

That is totally true. I never thought of it that way. That's good.
McR-Dead!-Hearse
Killjoy
McR-Dead!-Hearse
September 17th, 2008 at 05:01am
LOL.
I'm so sorry, it seems I have offended many people.
but it was MY opinion.
but believe it or not, .... thses days, being an atheist or even satanic isn't that much hard, but if you keep your faith in God forever, it's an awesome thing which is valuable and appreciable...
you can laugh at me, and call me 'effing traditional religious", but I'll keep my faith forever. *though I'm not that religious, I'm Muslim and I don't even say my prayers which is a daily duty for me*
but, for the line "I'll give you all the nails you need" , I didn't tell anything about it by myself.
A priest told me that this is mentioning that he would give Jesus Christ all the nails to crucify Him.

I hope you all forgive me, but first think about something, think about God, not what you love.

bubye!
WildEyedxJoker
Killjoy
WildEyedxJoker
October 1st, 2008 at 12:53am
"Heaven help us now, come crashing down" - To me, it sounds like he's having that REALLY hard time in life, and he's asking God to send Heaven down like he promised in the Bible ?

.. That's all I got..
Before The Dawn
Fabulous Killjoy
Before The Dawn
October 25th, 2008 at 11:00am
[quote="xXHuman_WreckageXx"]hey can anyone download this.......i never heard it.[/quote

Go on youtube. Its on there
Emo_Boi31895
Killjoy
Emo_Boi31895
October 26th, 2008 at 09:16pm
I think it is about being confused about religion and wanting to make the right choice and afraid if he makes the wrong choice he'll go to hell when he says "I'm burning, Im burning" I believe he is talking about going to hell, and when he says "Heaven save us now" I think he is talking about he wants to be forgiven becuase he is going to die and go to hell. My second theory is that he wants us to be saved from war and tragedie becuase Gerard Way A.K.A the lead singer of my Chemical Romance, say that it is a partial tribute to 9/11.
Gerard.
Banned
Gerard.
October 27th, 2008 at 12:34pm
or download it off limewire Spam:
^ sorry
SprayPaint junkie
Killjoy
SprayPaint junkie
November 24th, 2008 at 07:45pm
H e l e n a:
Gerard wants to be saved, but every time the thought enters his mind...he doesn't want to change. He is so used to what he has become, that he's afraid. I believe that God will someday help MCR find the truth. It may be the day before they die, but as long as they know the truth..there is nothing be be afraid of. I have actually prayed for them to find God. I know it sounds stupid, but I believe that they deserve immortal life in heaven, like we all do.

thats not stupid, ive done it too because they seem like really good people that deserve a place in heaven, and if i had the chance to meet them at a concert(or where ever) i would totally try and tell them about Jesus. because i dont want them to go to hell that would be very sad Crying or Very sad
cassieiero138
Killjoy
cassieiero138
November 25th, 2008 at 10:11am
i absoulutely love this song.
and i believe that the song does have to do with God and religion somehow.
i guess we will just have to find out sometime.
i'll be sure to ask gerard when we become best friends one day.
;D
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
November 29th, 2008 at 03:51am
i think it's about how the wool gets pulled over peoples eyes occasionally and some people try and just rely on religion to save them and get them through a tough situation.
high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
December 4th, 2008 at 01:44pm
I can't make a better meaning out of it than you guys already have. It's clearly about turning to religion when you have no where else to turn. But it holds a lot of disbelief and at times it kind of feels like he's challenging God/Jesus or w/e, with lines like "You don't know a thing about my sins" and so on.

The lines "I'm burning, I'm burning again" must mean he's back in where he was from the beginning - heading straight to hell according to Christianity.

I'm not religious - at all, and this song means a lot to me. I've had friends of mine who were really religious, and they've always made me feel that I'm the one who's missing something. At times when I've been really messed up I've thought about turning to religion to get some kind of answer and some kind of support - but I never really managed. The lines "You don't know a thing about my sins" really touches me because that's exactly what I feel towards Christianity.
A guy named Martin (guitar player of a swedish band called Kent) said something like this when he got asked if he believe in god; "It feels kind of strained, when there's war in the name of god". I think that's maybe what this song's about - religion in relation to all the terrible things in the world.
StandUpEffingTall!
Killjoy
StandUpEffingTall!
December 13th, 2008 at 01:39am
About someone who is deppressed and takes too many anti-deppressent pills. "Think Happy Thoughts" means that now he doesn't need the pills anymore and he is happy with life again......(you don't have to agree...)
StandUpEffingTall!
Killjoy
StandUpEffingTall!
December 18th, 2008 at 02:54pm
ThisJetsetLifeGirl:
About someone who is deppressed and takes too many anti-deppressent pills. "Think Happy Thoughts" means that now he doesn't need the pills anymore and he is happy with life again......(you don't have to agree...)
oops I ment to post this for " Headfirst for Halos" sorry if i confused the crap out of anyone.....
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
December 19th, 2008 at 12:51am
Heaven-Help-Me:
I read through this thread, and Im surprised no one has mentioned Interview With a Vampire by Anne Rice. Listening to the song after reading it, you will get completely freaked out. Im goning to use tiny-text, because of spoilers in the lyrics.

Hear the sound-Vampires in this book have advanced hearing, to the extreme
Down your voice-again, advanced hearing, vampires can talk, and you would never hear them, but other vampires would.
I hear you’ve been bleeding-you can only be made a vampire after you have been bled to the point of death
Make your choice-Louis was given the choice of being a vampire
They say you’ve been pleading-he was pleading for death

And at this old hotel-They stay in hotels alot, and often they are old
Cause mostly I’ve been sprawled on these cathedral steps
While spitting out the blood and screaming-He ends up drinking the blood of a priest, and then feels bad about it.

And will you pray for me-Louis has trouble with his faith
‘Cause I’ll give you all the nails you need-to nail your coffin shut, and kill a vampire
Cover me in gasoline-they can only be killed by fire
Wipe away those tears of blood again-they cry tears tinted with blood

You don’t know a thing about my sins-He thinks he's a devil because he is a vampire
So I’m burning, I’m burning-again, kill a vampire by fire

That is possible, due to the fact that the guys (except Ray) are all avid readers, so most likely one of them has read the book or seen the movie, and due to the fact that its about vampires and they get inspired sometimes by like newspapers and works of literature and meda, this might be a large influence for this song
frerard 159753
Killjoy
frerard 159753
June 3rd, 2009 at 12:26pm
xXHuman_WreckageXx:
hey can anyone download this.......i never heard it.

you can download it here Wink
http://www.downloads.nl/results/mp3/1/heaven+help+us+mcr
momsfamilydesk
Killjoy
momsfamilydesk
January 9th, 2010 at 09:28pm
i think that this song's about Gerard Way, <3 is about to die, (DuH) and is scared tht he might go down there.because, in some of his videos/ concerts,(which ive NEVERRR been to, bt tht's nt th point.)puts his middle finger up (in reel life to) and, i think ths song's 'bout a dude that is about 2 die and I KNOW IM REPEATRING MYSELF, WHI DOS THT HAPPEN 2 ME??!!! EVEN WEN I TXT!!!OMGTIALFBNTF,RD/D.Ths songs about a guy that dies, or s bout to die, and dosnt want to, or something lime that.omgidia!I PUT LIME instead of liKe!lOl.anyway, i have 2 of their cd's, and im their biggest fan. i don't know much bout them, but i know a little, though. and i CANNOT (LITTERALLY) LIVE A DAY WITHOUT LISTENGING 2 THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It'S fReAkY!!well........ im listenging 2 thm right know, and the music is BLASTING THROUGH TH SPEAKERS OF MY MP3 AND IPOD!!!!!!!!!! well, see ya! (im so weird!)
momsfamilydesk
Killjoy
momsfamilydesk
January 10th, 2010 at 09:16am
Jack's broken heart:
You guys are good at this, and I agree with you. Both of the theories(sp?) that have been sugested. That he is asking if there is a God out there and if heaven really excists and that it's sort of a call out to the world, if you get me. That he's saying that we need help, cause the world's so fucked up.
I <3 MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!!!!!!!!lol
LostInWonderland
Killjoy
LostInWonderland
May 7th, 2010 at 12:48am
This song is, in my opinion, the most powerful one MCR has written. It's so raw; it's uncensored despair and it's beautiful.

"And the punchline to the joke is asking
Someone save us"
This line really sums it all up. The whole song is questioning the existence of God, wondering if He exists or if life is a joke. (Common theme... in Dead!, If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?) The line is always "someone save us", not addressed to anyone in particular, crying out to anyone able to help.

The parts that are disrespectful (sprawled on these cathedral steps / spitting up the blood and screaming, I'll give you all the nails you need) feel like a challenge. Kind of like saying, "Please, strike me down, just so I know You exist." It actually feels pretty innocent, like a little kid doubting his/her parent for the first time. There's a little bit of anger, but it's mostly hopelessness.

The imagery is chilling. "The angels come screaming." Can you imagine what an angel's scream sounds like? I'm not even religious and it freaks me out.

I'm a little surprised that they even put this song out there. It feels too personal for mass media consumption, which could be why it's not on the CD. It's very different from their other songs, almost hymn-like in the ebb and flow of the music and the impassioned singing without screaming. It makes me want to cry every time I hear it.

They really outdid themselves on this one. Smile