Don't have an account? Create one!

Heaven Help Us

AuthorMessage
MCR_FANATIC___
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_FANATIC___
May 7th, 2010 at 02:50pm
well, when i first listened to the song, i had just finished reading the Anne Rice novel called Memnoch The Devil. now when i listened to Heaven Help Us, i found that most of the lyrics actually portrayed the feelings of the lead guy in the book Lestat De Lioncourt. for example,

sprawled on these cathedral steps, whilst spitting out the blood and screaming someone save us.
and, cant tell if ive been breathing or sleeping or screaming or waiting for the man to call.
and, Hear the sound, The angels come screaming, i heard youve been bleeding.
and, will you pray for me, or make a saint of me?
and , cover me in gasoline, wipe away those tears of blood again.

so basically, it is pretty much the entire song.
i dont think it is a tribute to the novel or anything, just that the lyrics totally go with the book !
i was pretty shocked and surprised when i first listened to it because of the resemblance.
LostInWonderland
Killjoy
LostInWonderland
May 10th, 2010 at 12:39am
MCR_FANATIC___:
well, when i first listened to the song, i had just finished reading the Anne Rice novel called Memnoch The Devil. now when i listened to Heaven Help Us, i found that most of the lyrics actually portrayed the feelings of the lead guy in the book Lestat De Lioncourt. for example,

sprawled on these cathedral steps, whilst spitting out the blood and screaming someone save us.
and, cant tell if ive been breathing or sleeping or screaming or waiting for the man to call.

i dont think it is a tribute to the novel or anything, just that the lyrics totally go with the book !
i was pretty shocked and surprised when i first listened to it because of the resemblance.

I love that book! And you're right, it's perfect, especially "tears of blood". And Lestat is so melodramatic that it really fits him. I applaud your connection. Clap
MCR_FANATIC___
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_FANATIC___
May 11th, 2010 at 01:10pm
LostInWonderland:
MCR_FANATIC___:

I love that book! And you're right, it's perfect, especially "tears of blood". And Lestat is so melodramatic that it really fits him. I applaud your connection. Clap
i am so glad that someone had actually read the Vampire Chronicles aswell !! and somebody who also agrees with me on that point too ! but yeah, i havent finished the Vampire Chronicles yet !! im on Blackwood Farm at the moment ! have you completed them ?
LostInWonderland
Killjoy
LostInWonderland
May 13th, 2010 at 12:38am
MCR_FANATIC___:
i am so glad that someone had actually read the Vampire Chronicles as well !! and somebody who also agrees with me on that point too ! but yeah, i havent finished the Vampire Chronicles yet !! im on Blackwood Farm at the moment ! have you completed them ?

Yes. Mr. Green I love them all. Blackwood Farm was one of my favorites, though. Quinn is adorable, although I still love Lestat (who wouldn't? he says the funniest things). Be warned, though. The later Vampire Chronicles start mixing with the Mayfair Witches, which is her other series, so it gets a little confusing. It did some in Merrick, but more so in Blood Canticle. So I'm currently reading the Mayfair Witches series so I can understand that one better... It's quite good. I can't wait until she comes out with more. Razz
MCR_FANATIC___
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_FANATIC___
May 13th, 2010 at 02:56pm
LostInWonderland:
MCR_FANATIC___:
i am so glad that someone had actually read the Vampire Chronicles as well !! and somebody who also agrees with me on that point too ! but yeah, i havent finished the Vampire Chronicles yet !! im on Blackwood Farm at the moment ! have you completed them ?

Yes. Mr. Green I love them all. Blackwood Farm was one of my favorites, though. Quinn is adorable, although I still love Lestat (who wouldn't? he says the funniest things). Be warned, though. The later Vampire Chronicles start mixing with the Mayfair Witches, which is her other series, so it gets a little confusing. It did some in Merrick, but more so in Blood Canticle. So I'm currently reading the Mayfair Witches series so I can understand that one better... It's quite good. I can't wait until she comes out with more. Razz
i sort of knew there would be more witches involved !! so what do you suggest ?? shall i read Mayfair Witches first before Blood Canticle ?? because i have just finished Blackwood Farm !! wowow !! what an ending !! i was extremely shocked about Goblin and, well, it wasnt fair to leave Mona out of Tarquinn's life ! =]
LostInWonderland
Killjoy
LostInWonderland
May 14th, 2010 at 01:51am
MCR_FANATIC___:
i sort of knew there would be more witches involved !! so what do you suggest ?? shall i read Mayfair Witches first before Blood Canticle ?? because i have just finished Blackwood Farm !! wowow !! what an ending !! i was extremely shocked about Goblin and, well, it wasnt fair to leave Mona out of Tarquinn's life ! =]

Well, the Mayfair Witches is a whole other series, almost as long as the Vampires Chronicles. You can understand it without them, I did, but it takes some getting used to. And now that I'm reading the first one (The Witching Hour), Blood Canticle is seeming more interesting and everything just makes more sense. But you'll be fine finishing the Chronicles without the witches.

Heh... Mona. I love her. She makes me laugh.
MCR_FANATIC___
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_FANATIC___
May 14th, 2010 at 03:57am
LostInWonderland:
MCR_FANATIC___:

Well, the Mayfair Witches is a whole other series, almost as long as the Vampires Chronicles. You can understand it without them, I did, but it takes some getting used to. And now that I'm reading the first one (The Witching Hour), Blood Canticle is seeming more interesting and everything just makes more sense. But you'll be fine finishing the Chronicles without the witches.

ok, i just need to get Blood Canticle now !!
i thought there were only 3 Mayfair Witches books.
The Witching Hour, Lasher and Taltos ?
LostInWonderland
Killjoy
LostInWonderland
May 16th, 2010 at 01:17am
MCR_FANATIC___:
The Witching Hour, Lasher and Taltos ?[/quote]

Hmmm, possibly. I don't know. But The Witching Hour is over 900 pages long, so it feels like a lot. I'm still working on that one. It's good, though, definitely worth it. Very Happy
MCR_FANATIC___
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_FANATIC___
May 19th, 2010 at 01:47pm
LostInWonderland:
MCR_FANATIC___:
The Witching Hour, Lasher and Taltos ?

Hmmm, possibly. I don't know. But The Witching Hour is over 900 pages long, so it feels like a lot. I'm still working on that one. It's good, though, definitely worth it. Very Happy[/quote]wow !! thats pretty long !! i just bought Lasher but thats gonna have to wait until i finish Blood Canticle and The Witching Hour ! hey, have you noticed how different Blood Canticle is written ?? and i also notices that Stan Rice had died before Anne wrote it... do you reckon its changed because her husband had died ?
LostInWonderland
Killjoy
LostInWonderland
May 20th, 2010 at 12:42am
MCR_FANATIC___:
wow !! thats pretty long !! i just bought Lasher but thats gonna have to wait until i finish Blood Canticle and The Witching Hour ! hey, have you noticed how different Blood Canticle is written ?? and i also notices that Stan Rice had died before Anne wrote it... do you reckon its changed because her husband had died ?

It's possible... I didn't know he died. Didn't she still use his poems in Blood Canticle? Hmmm. That's an interesting perspective. But now that I think about it, Blood Canticle did feel a little different... I had just chalked it up to excessive entanglement with the Mayfairs changing it stylistically, but the death of her husband sounds better...
MCR_FANATIC___
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_FANATIC___
May 20th, 2010 at 12:50pm
LostInWonderland:
MCR_FANATIC___:
wow !! thats pretty long !! i just bought Lasher but thats gonna have to wait until i finish Blood Canticle and The Witching Hour ! hey, have you noticed how different Blood Canticle is written ?? and i also notices that Stan Rice had died before Anne wrote it... do you reckon its changed because her husband had died ?

It's possible... I didn't know he died. Didn't she still use his poems in Blood Canticle? Hmmm. That's an interesting perspective. But now that I think about it, Blood Canticle did feel a little different... I had just chalked it up to excessive entanglement with the Mayfairs changing it stylistically, but the death of her husband sounds better...
well, at the beginning of Blood Canticle...the poes isnt by Stan Rice but it said For Stan Rice 00-2002 (i dont know when he was born ! ) and the book was written in 2003....its a bit freaky.... Aaliyah died soon after Queen Of The Damned was filmed and so did Stan Rice....creepy
MCR_FANATIC___
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_FANATIC___
May 20th, 2010 at 01:34pm
hey, doesnt the physical description of Rowan Mayfair remind you of Victoria Beckham??
LostInWonderland
Killjoy
LostInWonderland
May 21st, 2010 at 12:10am
MCR_FANATIC___:
hey, doesnt the physical description of Rowan Mayfair remind you of Victoria Beckham??

Well I had to Google Image her first...

Not really. A little bit, I suppose, but a lot of the pics online are (no offense) kinda slutty, and I can't see Rowan wearing something like that. She's usually in baggy sweaters. And I pictured her hair a little longer, like shoulder-length, and I think the book said it was wavy... But I can see it a little in the facial features (strong and elegant), although the elegance is marred a little by the fake tan...
MCR_FANATIC___
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_FANATIC___
May 21st, 2010 at 07:02pm
LostInWonderland:
MCR_FANATIC___:

Well I had to Google Image her first...

Not really. A little bit, I suppose, but a lot of the pics online are (no offense) kinda slutty, and I can't see Rowan wearing something like that. She's usually in baggy sweaters. And I pictured her hair a little longer, like shoulder-length, and I think the book said it was wavy... But I can see it a little in the facial features (strong and elegant), although the elegance is marred a little by the fake tan...
yeah, that was what i meant !! eww... non ot her clothes... just her stern face and hair ! i dunno, she just popped in my head !! but anyway !!!! I FINSHED BLOOD CANTICLE !! and i felt a little upset that Lestat's adventures had come to an end ! mmmm...but i have The Witching Hour waiting for me now !
LostInWonderland
Killjoy
LostInWonderland
May 24th, 2010 at 01:45am
MCR_FANATIC___:
yeah, that was what i meant !! eww... non ot her clothes... just her stern face and hair ! i dunno, she just popped in my head !! but anyway !!!! I FINSHED BLOOD CANTICLE !! and i felt a little upset that Lestat's adventures had come to an end ! mmmm...but i have The Witching Hour waiting for me now !

Well if you just meant facial features, then yes. Harsh lines, but still pretty. Congrats on finishing Blood Canticle! It was amazing... The Witching Hour is amazing too. I just finished it and got Lasher... Mr. Green
MCR_FANATIC___
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_FANATIC___
May 25th, 2010 at 12:03pm
LostInWonderland:
MCR_FANATIC___:

Well if you just meant facial features, then yes. Harsh lines, but still pretty. Congrats on finishing Blood Canticle! It was amazing... The Witching Hour is amazing too. I just finished it and got Lasher... Mr. Green
thanks !!
yeah, i see what you mean about Witching Hour !!
it is incredibly long !!
how long did it take for you to finish it ??
LostInWonderland
Killjoy
LostInWonderland
May 28th, 2010 at 01:38am
MCR_FANATIC___:
thanks !!
yeah, i see what you mean about Witching Hour !!
it is incredibly long !!
how long did it take for you to finish it ??

It took me about a month. It shouldn't have taken so long, but it was during APs, so I was frantically studying instead of reading. Lasher won't take as long, especially since it isn't as long. Good luck with The Witching Hour, it takes a while to get through.
MCR_FANATIC___
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_FANATIC___
June 4th, 2010 at 07:00am
i know ! im nowhere near finishing it yet !!
and ims upposed to be revising for exams...
but its unputdownable !!
LostInWonderland
Killjoy
LostInWonderland
June 7th, 2010 at 08:44pm
MCR_FANATIC___:
but its unputdownable !!

I know! Just wait until you read Lasher... I'm feeling very conflicted about it. I love it, obviously, but the characters change so much that it's a little overwhelming. I love it.
MCR_FANATIC___
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_FANATIC___
June 9th, 2010 at 10:09am
LostInWonderland:
MCR_FANATIC___:
but its unputdownable !!

I know! Just wait until you read Lasher... I'm feeling very conflicted about it. I love it, obviously, but the characters change so much that it's a little overwhelming. I love it.
yeah, i bought Lasher but ive only gotten half way through The Withcing Hour !
extremely long !
how long did it take you ?
and Lasher is a pretty interesting character !
cant wait to learn more about it !