Don't have an account? Create one!

Helena

AuthorMessage
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
December 19th, 2006 at 10:00am
I think the video really did the song justice; speaking more about how a loved one was lost through some tragic event, and how he's coping ect with that loss.
XFalse_hopeX
Killjoy
XFalse_hopeX
December 19th, 2006 at 05:30pm
Duh for gerards and Mikeys grandma
Emo Dirtbag
Killjoy
Emo Dirtbag
December 25th, 2006 at 11:15am
i think it is about looking at all the good things and not the bad of someones life when they have died Sad
IstoleGeesEyeliner
Killjoy
IstoleGeesEyeliner
December 28th, 2006 at 05:29am
well its obviously a tribute 2 his grandma(whats the worst that i can say things are better if i stay) Clap Dance
+*Helena*+
Jazz Hands
+*Helena*+
December 29th, 2006 at 02:50am
I wish there was some kind of (official) lyric-by-lyric meaning... book... thing
cause there's a few lines that I wonder what exactly Gerard had in mind when he wrote them. In Helena I get most of it, but the line "Came a time when every star fall brought you to tears again"... I don't really know what he means by star fall really, could be anything. *shrugs*
black dahlia
Salute You in Your Grave
black dahlia
December 30th, 2006 at 09:10am
+*Helena*+:
In Helena I get most of it, but the line "Came a time when every star fall brought you to tears again"... I don't really know what he means by star fall really, could be anything. *shrugs*

It could mean that Helena witnessed the deaths of many of her close friends and/or family members in her young life, and every time one of them died, naturally, she would cry and mourn them.

Or, it could mean something else.
MCR_Alaska
Killjoy
MCR_Alaska
December 31st, 2006 at 12:36am
I think this song has a double meaning: First one being about Gerard and Mikey's grandmother passing away. The second being about the young man of the album mourning the loss of his beloved.
suffocate!
Motor Baby
suffocate!
December 31st, 2006 at 06:42am
I think that the fact it is at a funeral kinda justifies the whole 'Grandmother's death' thing. Or perhaps its the death of his love or something...

Now thats the most profound you'll ever get me to be!
Famous.Black.Parade.
Killjoy
Famous.Black.Parade.
December 31st, 2006 at 10:58pm
Gerard Wrote the song for his and Mikeys Grandmother. She bought the bands first tour bus
Inertiatic Esp.
Bleeding on the Floor
Inertiatic Esp.
December 31st, 2006 at 11:56pm
yeah thats pretty much it

oh and for the signatures on here, how do u change the colors?
XpoizonXkissesX
Killjoy
XpoizonXkissesX
January 1st, 2007 at 01:34pm
Thats what I was thinking, I guess we can talk about both, It's a tribute to Gerard and Mikey's grandmother, saying there final goodbyes. (saying final goodbyes??? wtf was that?? =S)
mcr_kid_gerard_lover
Killjoy
mcr_kid_gerard_lover
January 1st, 2007 at 01:51pm
Gerard rote this song for his grandma dieing.and he wishes he had spent more time with her.
greeneyedgurl
Fabulous Killjoy
greeneyedgurl
January 2nd, 2007 at 09:22pm
its a tribute to gerard and mikey's grandmother (gerard sed so in a episode of steven's untitled rock show) but i think he wrote it so ne body that has lost a loved one can relate to it
Tway
Killjoy
Tway
January 9th, 2007 at 10:40am
Helena is about Mikey and Gerard's Grandmother Elena Lee Rush and how they delt with her death and things like that.
darkangel_girl
Killjoy
darkangel_girl
January 9th, 2007 at 02:04pm
Read somewhere thats its about his grandma and a angery letter to himself.
gerard's new wife
Killjoy
gerard's new wife
January 20th, 2007 at 12:32pm
Officially, like loads have replied saying already, it was a tribute to the way brother's grandma dying.

kerrang put:
Written in tribute to gerard and mikeys grandmother, the opener of 3 cheers for sweet revenge was initially painful for gerard to sing. "I remember one critic said something like 'why would you want to watch this guy run round the stage singing about his nana'. How f**king s**tty a human being do you have to be to say something like that?"
Gerardfanatic123
Killjoy
Gerardfanatic123
January 20th, 2007 at 09:15pm
this song is about gerard and mikeys grandmother her name is not really helena her name is really called " elena "
MCR Way Bros
Jazz Hands
MCR Way Bros
January 21st, 2007 at 06:59pm
I have a comment about the meaning of the video, not the song:

Towards the end, when Helena gets up and starts dancing, to me it seems like a metaphor of saying "you are still alive in our hearts".
It could also mean that she is re-living her best moment (dancing) like what Gerard said Welcome To The Black Parade is all about.
Insperantial
Killjoy
Insperantial
January 23rd, 2007 at 11:54pm
They miss his grandma.
i mean she taught him all this stuff about life and how to draw.
well in their own words:
"like a blade you stain"
XxJaden-MCRxX
Killjoy
XxJaden-MCRxX
January 25th, 2007 at 03:09am
MCR Way Bros:
I have a comment about the meaning of the video, not the song:

Towards the end, when Helena gets up and starts dancing, to me it seems like a metaphor of saying "you are still alive in our hearts".
It could also mean that she is re-living her best moment (dancing) like what Gerard said Welcome To The Black Parade is all about.

Yea, i agree with that =]
Gerard said that she loved to dance