Don't have an account? Create one!

Helena

AuthorMessage
SCREAMO!
Salute You in Your Grave
SCREAMO!
January 26th, 2007 at 03:09pm
demolitionjo:
this was a tribute to gerard and mikey's late grandma, elena. but everybody knows that XD

yeah thats it but im adding 1 thing... her name was elena not helena they just referred to her as that...i think lol Dance
x3mcrx3fobx3aarx3
Killjoy
x3mcrx3fobx3aarx3
February 8th, 2007 at 06:39pm
Also, there is a song by the Misfits- who as we all know influenced MCR, called Helena, so besides being about Mikey and Gerard's grandma-- Elena, the song could be something showing the Misfit's influences on the band...
Silent_Whispers
Salute You in Your Grave
Silent_Whispers
February 9th, 2007 at 12:34pm
Everyone knows this song is about Gerard and Mikey's grandma Elena...some that mistaken her name for Helena for the fact that this song is a tribute to Elena.
We'reNotOkay
Killjoy
We'reNotOkay
February 10th, 2007 at 09:09am
I think it's pretty obvious the meaning of the song.

His grandmother Elena, whom everyone called Helen, died of Cancer and this song was his way of saying goodbye.
frankiexcorreee
Killjoy
frankiexcorreee
February 13th, 2007 at 03:33am
I feel so bad for his grandma
there where so many other rumors about helena
that maybe it was his grilfriend that died
or some relative
in the video is shows tracy phillups, a young girl dying. so she was like 24, so some people might of thought that it was gerards girlfriend.
Elena was probably a great woman and i feel bad that she had to die. i think she never deserved to die.
i agree with We'reNotOkay.
i dont know if she had cancer or not. i think she might of??
Captain Random
Killjoy
Captain Random
February 16th, 2007 at 03:31pm
It's about Gerard Way's late grandmother. Crying or Very sad
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 17th, 2007 at 06:39am
I think pretty much everybody knows it's about Gerard and Mikey's late grandmother.
takezo kenzei.
Awake and Unafraid
takezo kenzei.
February 17th, 2007 at 12:07pm
I know that Helena is about Gerard & Mikey's grandma that died.And it's a really strong and meaningfull song to me. It's so extremely good written that i just can't find a word for it *-* Well, none of my closest has died, but they help me through tough times. Music is the only thing that makes me OK.

It's not the life it seems..
Ashley_Fatality
Killjoy
Ashley_Fatality
February 17th, 2007 at 04:28pm
gerard and mikeys grammy !!!!!!!!!!!!
Pansycups Lover!!!
Killjoy
Pansycups Lover!!!
February 19th, 2007 at 05:19pm
Ashley_Fatality:
gerard and mikeys grammy !!!!!!!!!!!!
i like the one above mine so short and simple!!!!
IXPROMISE
Jazz Hands
IXPROMISE
February 20th, 2007 at 01:47pm
its about their grandma i think thats it
A Broadway Wedding
Killjoy
A Broadway Wedding
February 24th, 2007 at 05:03pm
Yeah, the song helped me through my dads death.
like right after he died i got into MCR... well after my best friend introduced them to me lolVery Happy
Galine41
Killjoy
Galine41
February 25th, 2007 at 06:23am
well these past days i've been listetning to helena alot because my grandma is in the hospital and her names elena Sad .
rcelu123mcr
Killjoy
rcelu123mcr
February 28th, 2007 at 08:26am
For one thing, it is a tribute to Gerard's late grandmother, Elena Lee Rush, but I think it is the continuation of Demolition Lovers. The man wakes up in purgatory, and seeing that his lover is not with him, he realizes that they have been separated. He then goes insane with grief, or at least, to a state of mind that can only be achieved through enduring immense sadness and sorrow, and/or possbly, anger and rage. The man remembers everything that his lover has done, and the bridge,
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide?

is that he is calling out to his lover, asking if she can hear him.
He is also telling his lover that wherever she is, he will do anything and everything to be with her.
Melius.
Bleeding on the Floor
Melius.
February 28th, 2007 at 10:12am
I love Helena. and I love the lyrick Smile The fact that it's a tribute for Mickey and gerards grandmother, is really NOT making it less wonderfull .! I love that song. I think I'll never get tired of it!
Doodles.
Killjoy
Doodles.
March 2nd, 2007 at 09:53pm
I Clap the song Helena.
This song i believe is a tribute to his grandmother; who taught him how to sing, dance and draw. Though, he loved her and appreciated her time with him as a child, he never really visited her growing up.
When she came to pass the best way to share his love in the afterlife is singing a song about her. Whether her name is Helena or not im not sure.

I love this song and its best for someone who needs to wonder the world.

Luv itt!!
Doodles.
Killjoy
Doodles.
March 2nd, 2007 at 09:56pm
rcelu123mcr:
For one thing, it is a tribute to Gerard's late grandmother, Elena Lee Rush, but I think it is the continuation of Demolition Lovers. The man wakes up in purgatory, and seeing that his lover is not with him, he realizes that they have been separated. He then goes insane with grief, or at least, to a state of mind that can only be achieved through enduring immense sadness and sorrow, and/or possbly, anger and rage. The man remembers everything that his lover has done, and the bridge,
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide?

is that he is calling out to his lover, asking if she can hear him.
He is also telling his lover that wherever she is, he will do anything and everything to be with her.
Doodles.
Killjoy
Doodles.
March 2nd, 2007 at 09:56pm
yes i agree
houseXofXwolvesX
Killjoy
houseXofXwolvesX
March 7th, 2007 at 06:50pm
we all know that helen a was about gerard and mikey getting over the death of their grandmother...nut it's also about other people who have llost someone close to them and getting over it
x_ILGW_x
Killjoy
x_ILGW_x
March 8th, 2007 at 08:33pm
Umm i completely dissagree.. This song is about Gerard's Girlfriend.. who commited suicide and gerard became upset ( things are better if i stay)
(so long and good night,so long and good night) then it was covered up by saying it was about Gerard and MIkey's Grandmother. But in interviews,Gerard's Girlfriend has come up... (DUH!) ...!