Don't have an account? Create one!

Helena

AuthorMessage
x.X.xMyChEmx.X.x
Killjoy
x.X.xMyChEmx.X.x
September 3rd, 2008 at 09:49pm
i love this song..and everyone knows what it means! i hope!

oh and my name is elena too!
teehee
XmychildishromanceX
Killjoy
XmychildishromanceX
September 5th, 2008 at 05:10pm
yes, hehe well now that we have convered the song meaning... i am bored. hmm... well, i new to this place, so add me if u want. =D
sweet_nightmare
Killjoy
sweet_nightmare
September 6th, 2008 at 04:28pm
black dahlia:
+*Helena*+:
In Helena I get most of it, but the line "Came a time when every star fall brought you to tears again"... I don't really know what he means by star fall really, could be anything. *shrugs*

It could mean that Helena witnessed the deaths of many of her close friends and/or family members in her young life, and every time one of them died, naturally, she would cry and mourn them.

Or, it could mean something else.

Well From my point of view I see it as Gerard seeing his grandmother as a star and the falling part was her dieing and he would keep replaying that horrid incident and it would obviously make him. But that's just what I think.
make some noise;
Jazz Hands
make some noise;
September 15th, 2008 at 10:21pm
This song is beautiful to me. Gerard has said that it is about his and Mikey's late grandmother, so we have that covered. The video is gorgeous, on a superficial note, btw, I love Gerard's hair in it. xD
But he, all of them, really, put so much emotion into their music, it's gorgeous. =]
I've cried many times at this video, and the song itself.
My favorite MCR song, personally.
One question...
what is the
"and the blade you stain"
meant to indicate?
[Am I just oblivious?"
And, it might just be there for generic purpouses, but why, in the part where Helena/Tracey is dancing, does it say "We'll meet again when both our cars collide"?
And, lastly, my friend Olivia would like me to ask: "why, if the song is about Elena, they have a young 20-something year old vampire-looking thing dancing out of the coffin?"
And I didn't know the answer, quite frankly, so could someone help me with that? Thanks a mil.
=]
methane skies.
Salute You in Your Grave
methane skies.
September 16th, 2008 at 03:45am
Yes, it was a tribute to Gerard and Mikey's grandmother, but I think there's more to it.

I think it's about losing a loved one but still having the courage to keep living and moving on. The words, "Things are better if I stay, so long and goodnight" says that it's better if he stays living than to die. And "Can we pretend to leave and then, meet again when both our cars collide." is saying that they will meet up again later in heaven.
XmychildishromanceX
Killjoy
XmychildishromanceX
September 22nd, 2008 at 06:09pm
this song is so awesome too. i cry too... but i love it to death. my friend like is obsessed with this song, but i dont blame her... its so awesome. and loveable if u can get past the part that it has depressing, but still meaningful, powerful, beautiful, awesomazing lyrics. LOVE IT!!! Winkhmm...
frank'smyhero_22
Jazz Hands
frank'smyhero_22
October 28th, 2008 at 02:19am
this one is for Gerard and mikey's grandmother....
elena...
the first song i heard from them...
Dir-en-grey
Joining The Black Parade
Dir-en-grey
November 19th, 2008 at 12:30pm
Gerards tribute to his grandma. Simple. I love this song though
ChemicalLove
Killjoy
ChemicalLove
November 26th, 2008 at 03:34pm
I think its a tribute to Mikey and Gees grandma but its much more because its talking about life and death and meeting each other again. I think its a beautiful and emotional song! Very Happy Its talking about meeting after death and is perfect!
EricaEphedrine
Killjoy
EricaEphedrine
February 15th, 2009 at 01:04am
i think i heard mikey possibly say once it was about looking at all the good they did in their life as well. celebrating their life instead of mourning their death, y'know?
elana130
Killjoy
elana130
February 17th, 2009 at 09:21pm
i heard it's about his gramother teaching him everything he knows and then dieing.
elana130
Killjoy
elana130
February 17th, 2009 at 09:23pm
elana130:
i heard it's about his gramother teaching him everything he knows and then dieing.
i should know because i heard him say it.
elana130
Killjoy
elana130
February 17th, 2009 at 09:25pm
elana130:
elana130
Killjoy
elana130
February 17th, 2009 at 09:25pm
elana130:
SanityStoleByPenguin
Killjoy
SanityStoleByPenguin
February 22nd, 2009 at 01:30pm
i love this song so much its my favourite song other than famous last words... its really nice and meaningful! i luv mcr and all their music.. no matter what!!!
Don't Ignore Me
Killjoy
Don't Ignore Me
March 2nd, 2009 at 11:05am
I think it's great that he made this as a tribute, but bad that people listened to the media and saw this song as 'cult initiation'...
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
March 4th, 2009 at 03:55pm
shoved to agree.:
Yes, it was a tribute to Gerard and Mikey's grandmother, but I think there's more to it.

I think it's about losing a loved one but still having the courage to keep living and moving on. The words, "Things are better if I stay, so long and goodnight" says that it's better if he stays living than to die. And "Can we pretend to leave and then, meet again when both our cars collide." is saying that they will meet up again later in heaven.

I agree. Couldn't have put it better myself =]
dead fan of mcr
Killjoy
dead fan of mcr
March 6th, 2009 at 11:47am
the song helped me through the death of my favorite aunt i thank MCR 4 everything.
Jenny.
Jenny.
March 6th, 2009 at 06:56pm
XmychildishromanceX:
yes, hehe well now that we have convered the song meaning... i am bored. hmm... well, i new to this place, so add me if u want. =D
dont spam and please dont use chatspeak
die schwarze Parade
Fabulous Killjoy
die schwarze Parade
March 14th, 2009 at 03:11am
shoved to agree.:

i completly agree...
and i also think that the line, "Came a time
When every star fall brought you to tears again" is refferring to somebody close to their grandmother dying she highly mourned their memory and that they (gerard and mikey) would/will do the same for her memory