Don't have an account? Create one!

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

AuthorMessage
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:13pm
About when Gerard was in high school like where it says 'the photographs your boyfriend took' refers to that girls Gee liked but went off with another guy and they took really pervy pics and it totally destoryed him...or whatever.
Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 11th, 2007 at 04:15pm
Well, aside from the title making it TOTALLY OBVIOUS that hes NOT OKAY, I think its a little deeper then that. Sure, hes not okay, but the question is to how?? You dont SUDDENLY become not okay, s*** goes down and it does something to ya.
But the air behind it sounds pissed off. "For photographs your boyfriend took" Yeah, think about that. Some girl that Gerard liked took sleezy pics for her boyfriend and it probably KILLED him to see that. But really it just sounds like he went berserk....Its STILL my favorite song, tho.
Julken
Bleeding on the Floor
Julken
June 11th, 2007 at 04:16pm
i love this song!
Wemmla
Bleeding on the Floor
Wemmla
June 12th, 2007 at 03:06pm
Me too!!!!!

What's the worst you take from every heart you break??
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
June 12th, 2007 at 10:50pm
For me,it's basically talking about how don't worry,you might not be normal,you might not be okay,but that's alright! Because it'll get better. I think that's a lot to do with the video though,and my experience in school and the nerds and shit like that.
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
June 19th, 2007 at 07:51am
Seriously.

All your explanations are correct...

I guess this song just really has many meanings...
WhoIsPunkiestOfUsAll
Killjoy
WhoIsPunkiestOfUsAll
June 19th, 2007 at 03:56pm
i know the song is about a girl gerard liked back in high school, but before i learned wat it's true meaning was, i always thought it was about "glamourousness" of rock star and about how it's not all fun and photoshoots. is that so far-fetched??
aliveordeadx3
Killjoy
aliveordeadx3
June 21st, 2007 at 09:10pm
chemical_misstress:
mamaweallgotohell:
durhhhh... it about being not ok... if u still dont understan see the title... wait no offence to mcr but why be so dramatic and add the (i promise)? oh well we love them
I guess the (I promise) part is just to makesure you get the message...
yeah, i think this song explains itself. He's saying that hes angry at the girl and he wrote an angry song about how he felt.
vampyre maiden
Fabulous Killjoy
vampyre maiden
June 22nd, 2007 at 04:31am
this song is my anthem it is just how i feel Crying or Very sad
square_fan
Killjoy
square_fan
July 18th, 2007 at 07:15am
songs about sucide. lol.

"remmeber when yu broke your foot from uming ut the second story". suicide attempt.

i'm not okay means they are in a depressed state.
winchester.
Touched by Angels
winchester.
July 20th, 2007 at 12:05pm
people think things are so great, they say stuff like, "oh your always so happy". its fucking NOT like that...they dont understand what's going on in your head, what you've been through, how much things might hurt you
they think im cool because i can give a teacher cheeck, i can deliberately fail a test and not care, they think im such a rebel
its not like that...i hate being a fuck-up, but no matter i try i cant be like them.

that is like the way i am everyday people see me everyday as a hypo, loud, happy, person but really its not who i am the only people who know the REAL me are bee and bro but like everyone is like yer i bet you dont even know how i feel you stupid slut when try and help them but really its NOT like that i DO know how they feel and i feel like screaming it out but i dont i control myself because then it would be weird for everyone i dunno just dont want to put them through that but if someone actually sat me down and asked me ''are you sure your ok'' i would be like fucking no not really i jus dont want people to treat me different if they find out that im not real at school people treat me with respect when they dont know all that stuff and im scared that i will lose that if people know the real me. i think that is a point that he song is trying to get across aswell

s about how you dont tell people, you say "im fine" while on the inside your screaming "no, im NOT o-fucking-kay"...your desperate, your hurting so much but you dont let it show...which is why it goes to the chorus right after, 'cause that's what your feeling. its the contrast of your internal torture and your external behaviour/appearance which is perfectly okay
it's crying out to be heard, noticed, while at the same time acting like nothing's wrong

another me situation which i basically explained before but i think the song is about rejection aswell like no one really cares about people that appear 'emo' (like garard && mcr so many people at school have called them emo when i have been listening to them) i mean yer they are all like 'oh they are wrst bangers, stupid fucking emo's they can all go die, omg you wear black your emo, slit ya wrists' it fucking annoys me so much i just think that gerard is trying to get the point across
i mean EVERYONE who even excuses people of being 'emo' they are STEREOTYPICAL BASTARDS and it is fucking annoying like i get SOO annoyed by that so much that i could KILL somone but yer im going off subject but i think that is what it is about
sorry for this being long and not to the point
but i just relate to this song so much like the film clip when i was watching it it is like my group at school we are the 'rejects' if you will and yer th song is just really close to home for me
thankyou && goodnight
winchester.
Touched by Angels
winchester.
July 20th, 2007 at 12:23pm
heh i know its in my username, but who actually says "trust me" in im not okay?? in the vid its frank, right before he kisses gerard, but m not sure if it actually is him in the song...

yer its definatly frankie in the video but it sounds more like gerard in the song thats why i was like whoa i thought it was gerard who said that whn i watched the clip cos i was like what the fuck since when did frank say that

&& that is sooo uberly cute aswell i was like awwww when i seen it the first time
heehee fankie is cute and gerard ish hawt lol and mikey attacking the mascot that was fucking hillarious
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
July 24th, 2007 at 08:18pm
yeh, i love the vid, its ace Laughing especially the whole "you have something in your eye" thing that frank does, that cracks me up every time lol.
holidayxmisery
Killjoy
holidayxmisery
July 26th, 2007 at 12:49am
oh...I never knew of the skanky pics and stuff...

"the photographs your boyfriend took"

lol, maybe she did jump out the second floor...
holidayxmisery
Killjoy
holidayxmisery
July 26th, 2007 at 12:49am
oh...I never knew of the skanky pics and stuff...

"the photographs your boyfriend took"

lol, maybe she did jump out the second floor...
Revenge415
Killjoy
Revenge415
July 26th, 2007 at 11:39am
okay, yeah it may be partly about the girl and the sleazy pictures, hence the photographs your boyfriend took line, but i think the song is mostly about being in a situation where you are able to just tell someone "hey, im not o-fucking-kay"
yadidisayin?
Mike Dirnt
Salute You in Your Grave
Mike Dirnt
July 27th, 2007 at 05:20am
At the very start of the making of this song, the only lyrics they had were 'I'm not okay' and so they had to build up the song around that and he ended up having this song about the girl he used to like in high school who took sleazy photos with her boyfriend.
The lyrics say it all really.
monica elaine
Killjoy
monica elaine
July 27th, 2007 at 01:22pm
how i wish that i was that girl gerard liked before
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
July 27th, 2007 at 02:23pm
Well, it's really just Gee's disappointment about that girl in high school. Bet
that girl's feeling real bad, now that Gee's a real famous frontman...
dear matthew
Joining The Black Parade
dear matthew
July 27th, 2007 at 06:38pm
i agree with all of that. i think the deeper message in the song is about the girls gereard liked. a point everyone else missed is that its on an album entitled "three cheers for sweet revenge" and after someone breaks your heart you want them to feel your pain. not to mention the entire cd is based around love