Don't have an account? Create one!

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

AuthorMessage
chapped and faded.
Motor Baby
chapped and faded.
December 23rd, 2006 at 10:24am
Liike. I didn't know about the Gerard thing.
Well.
All I can say is the girl is a complete LOSER x1000000000. >.<
xXGerLyn_JhEna_027Xx
Killjoy
xXGerLyn_JhEna_027Xx
December 25th, 2006 at 09:03am
Wow all of you're explanations are great.. *sigh* that girl is a shitty girl she's a total loser..
Hester Pryne
Killjoy
Hester Pryne
December 25th, 2006 at 08:45pm
Don't be so down on her. People make bad choices, thinking they can trust someone and they can't. Plus that was awhile ago, and I don't get the feeling that Gerard wrote the song so that we would hate her (but maybe I'm wrong about that one).
suffocate!
Motor Baby
suffocate!
December 31st, 2006 at 06:59am
I think the whole feeling of Im Not Okay is kinda, you know, I'm gonna try to seem cool about this, but I think I'll scream it instead Razz
Pansy;;Musique.
Killjoy
Pansy;;Musique.
December 31st, 2006 at 01:43pm
well it iz bout the girl nd how he was treated nd who he was in hi skool but its also vry self xplanitory......in my world...i juss cant believe tht girl did tht 2 him.....poor gerard....
mcr_kid_gerard_lover
Killjoy
mcr_kid_gerard_lover
January 1st, 2007 at 01:54pm
Gerard rote the song "im not ok (i promise)" about his high school days and only had one true friend and liked this girl how toke nasty pictures with her boyfriend and he felt bad..
cinderella.
Really Not Okay
cinderella.
January 1st, 2007 at 10:46pm
to the person who said they should get over their problems and move on... UM HELLO IF THEY DID THAT WHERE THE HELL WOULD THEIR INSPIRATION COME FROM?!?!? mcr's point is to share their feelings and sorrows, not be all jolly and happy and whatever, in case you didnt notice, THEY LIKE BLACK.

still rock anyways XD

by the way, wherever that f**kn chik is, lets shoot her! omfg.

"but the shit that ive dont with this fuck of a gun..."
X_Mcr_Hottie_X
Jazz Hands
X_Mcr_Hottie_X
January 3rd, 2007 at 11:43pm
That girl is lucky that i wasnt alive and in school at her time because i would have had to knck a bi*** on her a$$ for what she did to gerard
GetMeOutOfHere
Killjoy
GetMeOutOfHere
January 5th, 2007 at 08:51am
Hester Pryne:
Blue_Demon:
Personally I feel that it's also to do with teenager's today as well; or people in general now that I think about it, who say that they are Okay, and that they feel fine ect; when deep down they aren't okay, there not fine, they are really depressed and need to talk to someone but they don't know who they can talk to without feeling like they might betray them in some way.

Definitely. When you're depressed you wonder what would happen if, when someone asked you how you're doing you, you actually told them, because the only thing anyon expects to hear is "Fine, and you?"

Yeah, I think that's exactly what this songis about. I mean, sure, he wrote this because he had all these feelings about this girl who took sleazy pictures with her boyfriend, but it's really... I cry for help, no, I don't know, but as you said, Hester_Pryne, if somebody ask you 'how are you?' you just say 'fine, and how are you?' because the person who asked is not expecting another answer. If you would say 'I feel like shit, I don't know how I'm going to survive this week' that person would only feel uncomfortable and don't know how to handle the situation. It's like society doesn't accept people that aren't okay and happy.

Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say
I never want to let you down or have you go
It's better off this way

Maybe I'm thinking all wrong but about this lyric I think that, well hey, if you really, REALLY wanted to know how I was, you just had to tell me that. I just didn't say anything beacuase I didn't want to mess up what we had. It's better if I just pretend everything is fine. But I'm sorry that I hurt you, I didn't want to.
I don't know, maybe you really care about the person you sing this to, but this person... Doesn't really see you, or hear you. 'What will it take to show you that it's not the life it seems?' What do I have to do to make you understand?

Jeez, this became really fucked up, probably no one will understand but I just had to write something about this song.
black_parade_me
Killjoy
black_parade_me
January 7th, 2007 at 06:53pm
i think all of this stuff happens like everyday for teens.....well not at my school though.
notetoself.
Killjoy
notetoself.
January 7th, 2007 at 09:16pm
i think that this song is about Gerard's thoughts while going through depression in highschool. but i also think that anyone who is going through depression can relate to this song,
o snap ilovegerardX3
Killjoy
o snap ilovegerardX3
January 8th, 2007 at 04:28pm
i love that song...i always knew that it meant something that made him feel bad but i never knew it was over a girl...girls could be such skanks... i feel so bad for him...i hope i get to meet him when i go to the concert...i would like die if i did...
Immortal_Shadows
Jazz Hands
Immortal_Shadows
January 21st, 2007 at 09:51am
I don't know why any of you are being so harsh to the girl. Gerard really liked her so she was proberly nice to him but she was dating a popular jock so he could never tell her how much he really liked her. When the photographs came out, she was proberly shamed and got dirty looks from people at school and Gerard wished he could have been there for her, this made him angry and upset. He was gutted that she had been used and exploited in this way. And it pained him because he knew he could never be close to her as she was one of the popular crowd.
XWe'llCarryOnX
Killjoy
XWe'llCarryOnX
January 21st, 2007 at 08:00pm
hah. the music vid for this is kinda funny.
<P>
skanks make me barf. now, she's probably all like, "damn, he's all famous now. GAH! Oh, well"
XxCemetarydrivExX
Killjoy
XxCemetarydrivExX
January 22nd, 2007 at 03:48pm
aww im so sorry for gerardd i would hate someone who would be abitch just to make the guy feel badd b/c he is hawtt
gerard_rox
Killjoy
gerard_rox
January 22nd, 2007 at 07:04pm
i effin LOVE this song!!!! Drunk And i bet that chick's reall pissed that she didnt go out with him now lol! Ha Ha
Insperantial
Killjoy
Insperantial
January 23rd, 2007 at 11:49pm
Yep. Pretty much what happened.
Insperantial
Killjoy
Insperantial
January 23rd, 2007 at 11:51pm
mcr_biggest_fan:
well it iz bout the girl nd how he was treated nd who he was in hi skool but its also vry self xplanitory......in my world...i juss cant believe tht girl did tht 2 him.....poor gerard....

ya well he wasnt famouse then. some people don't apreaciat how cool they are untill they're famous. all i need to say is gerard if you see that person again take her head and stick in a mud puddle.
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
January 24th, 2007 at 01:41pm
This song is like the teenage anthem for God sake! It applies to everyone at some point in their sad life!

Bit like I think 'Famous Last Words' should be an anti-bullying anthem____hehe
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
January 24th, 2007 at 02:00pm
hahaa.
i think im not okay relates to everyone really.
i don't know who that girl is but
i hate herr.
xD