Don't have an account? Create one!

Young MCR fans

AuthorMessage
alex.mcr.lover
Killjoy
alex.mcr.lover
January 9th, 2007 at 11:57am
x_early_x_sunsets_x:
My little sister is 9 and she says she loves them, but I think it's just because I like them and she copies almost everything I do. It's kinda sweet, but kinda annoying too.

i hate my sister cuz she does everything i do!! she painted her nails black and now is singing 'welcome to the black parade'.. but when other people ask her what she thinks about mcr, she says 'oh i dont like them'... WTF?? Neutral i hate posers....
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
January 9th, 2007 at 12:38pm
I think you can never me to young, or old for any music.

There is this annoying chav girl at my school who has a sister who is OBSESSED with Iron Maiden. Her sister is 7! Her sister rocks!
one less sad robot.
Demolition Lover
one less sad robot.
January 9th, 2007 at 12:40pm
rachi_left4deadx_x:

There is this annoying chav girl at my school who has a sister who is OBSESSED with Iron Maiden. Her sister is 7! Her sister rocks!
haha, her sister sounds smart for such a young personVery Happy hahaVery Happy
Doodles
Demolition Lover
Doodles
January 9th, 2007 at 01:39pm
kkimble:
rachi_left4deadx_x:

haha, her sister sounds smart for such a young personVery Happy hahaVery Happy

all kids should be like that
(not truely or else it would be a boring place) Laughing
Cassy Chaos
Salute You in Your Grave
Cassy Chaos
January 10th, 2007 at 07:56am
I started listerning to MCR when I stumbled across them online back in 02 when i was 12 my little couison sings helena and she bearly talks shes 2
its so cute coz i gave her a picture of the band and she went to her mom
i said " what do you want for christmas" and summer (my couison) points at Frank
Demolition Lover Jo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Demolition Lover Jo
January 10th, 2007 at 02:27pm
I think kids get influenced by their older siblings alot. I know I did. I liked MCR when i was about... eleven or twelve. I didn't really understand it till I was like thirteen or fourteen though. They have some hard messages in the music. But theres no reason why little kids shouldnt like mcr Smile
MetalliDeth
Killjoy
MetalliDeth
January 10th, 2007 at 02:27pm
To be honest, it doesn't bother me how old the fans are. Fans are just fans. MCR's albums may not be appropriate for people under the age of 13. But, it's the parents choice whether they want their kids listening to them.
xoxo...GossipGirl
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xoxo...GossipGirl
January 10th, 2007 at 02:49pm
It doesnt really matter, it just depends on the kid. If they actually understand the music and appreciate it thats fine. But some young kids are just 'into' MCR because its cool/because their older siblings are. Which is stupid.
crazy_emu
Joining The Black Parade
crazy_emu
January 10th, 2007 at 03:49pm
my sister is mad on them and she is 3 she ran away with my poster
but i think she only listens to them cos i do
estellise
Awake and Unafraid
estellise
January 10th, 2007 at 05:11pm
I've likedd MCR since I was...

*thinks*

...ish...

Lol, well my 9-yr old sister likes them and so does my 10-turning-11-yr old one...
knights of cydonia.
Salute You in Your Grave
knights of cydonia.
January 10th, 2007 at 10:38pm
I really don't know what to make of this.
First of all, they might be too young to understand what everything really means. But once they do grow up, it'll be worse. You know? I mean, what kind of influence would they be under? Actually, if they do have those problems in the future, MCR might just help. I don't know, it kinda does bother me how young the fans are.
Sazzle
Killjoy
Sazzle
January 11th, 2007 at 03:16am
It does really depend. The morals and meanings of the lyrics i'd be a lot happier with a child listening to MCR than listening to some of the 'pop' music at the moment that seems to be way to suggestive for young minds.
As for bad language. I'm not sure what the big deal with it is. Kids hear worse at school before they've even entered High School these days, because they'll always be one kid not caring about swearing. So really, I wouldn't consider that a big deal. As long as the kid knows that it's not acceptable to repeat the words and they are mature enough to understand not using them...until they get to the age where they don't care ;-P...then the swearing isn't so bad.
qianthefirst
Joining The Black Parade
qianthefirst
January 11th, 2007 at 04:58am
there is absolutely no problem in listenin to MCR from a young age coz these guys teach really valuable life lessons that stuffed up public schools never touch on. i only heard/started listening to MCR when i was 15/16 and at first i never liked them coz i though they were this metal band that used/abused everything and everyone like so many other bands. and they have only started to influence the Australian music scene.
but what i am sorta scared about is that MCR causes people to grow up too fast...u get this naive, innocent, blissfully ignorant child and then start pounding into them that death is after him/her, not going to live forever, many people waste their lives, etc. i mean i know that most membes of the band never really had much of a childhood but taking a childhood away isn't quite right. i know they don't mean to. in the few months i've known MCR, i've changed from this suburbian, goody two shoes, a-grade student to someone who stays up all night rockin out to their music. but im glad they changed me coz i was very unhappy in my previous 'cliche'.
My:Chemical:Affair
Thinking Happy Thoughts
My:Chemical:Affair
January 11th, 2007 at 03:40pm
I started listening to Mcr when I was 14. Thankfuly my sister doesn't follow in my footsteps even though she has admitted to liking 'Welcome to the black parade' Like said above, their music causes people to grow up fast in someways that can be good but someways it can't in my own opinion it has changed the way I see things but that is it! that's all it will probably do, especially to someone younger.
miss california.
Bleeding on the Floor
miss california.
January 11th, 2007 at 04:37pm
I've been a fan since October 2005...so that would make me 12 when I first started listening to them, and i'm almost 14 now.

I'm not sure. I think it depends on the maturity of the person listening to them. I mean, I know some people who are 14/15 who couldn't handle their music, but I know 12 year olds who could. And vice-versa.
American Psycho.
Bleeding on the Floor
American Psycho.
January 11th, 2007 at 06:11pm
oh my god, oh, my god, OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
one of my cousins is only 7 years and he loves MCR!!!!!!!
i don´t care about that
he loves the rock (MCR; AFI, evanescence, kinky....)any kind of rock!!!!!!
i´ts not bad to be a young rocker!!!!!!!!
American Psycho.
Bleeding on the Floor
American Psycho.
January 11th, 2007 at 06:13pm
i started listening to mcr when i was 10!!!!!!!!!!
Zii
Killjoy
Zii
January 11th, 2007 at 07:01pm
What's all this about understanding the lyrics? Sometimes, you can like the band just because of the sounds they make. Not that I don't think understanding it is important, I just don't think it is a nesessity.
This Time Imperfect
Thinking Happy Thoughts
This Time Imperfect
January 11th, 2007 at 08:24pm
I don't care that my 12 year old sister likes them, I'm pretty sure she likes a lot of my music just because I do, which I've decided is flattering as I get older and see her become a mini-me. You can't expect much else though, they grow around you, you influence them more than you think.

I'm pretty sure younger kids don't even understand the music, just that they like the idea of the band, they like that their big brothers and sisters like it. I say it doesn't matter, there's no point in sheltering them from a few bad words, it's nothing they won't come across in their lives.
MerciPourLeVenin_XXX
Really Not Okay
MerciPourLeVenin_XXX
January 12th, 2007 at 12:36pm
Ehh, so so because some kids are actually really mature, but then again many of them don't even know what swearing is. When I first started listening to them my 'rents were like you're waaaaaay too young to be listening to that. i was like 11. lol